Author Topic: VX1000 General Discussion (gear/set-ups, filming/editing, tips/advice, etc.)  (Read 62424 times)

nickpaolucci

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17
What are your shutter speed settings? Do you guys leave that on Auto or take the AES up to 250, 500, 1000?

always manual. set shutter and exposure independently. higher shutter speeds on sunny cloudless day maybe something like 350 w/ f-stop of 5.6/6.8. Cloudy days or shaded areas might call for lower shutter speeds and larger f-stop. Possibly 125 at 3.4. It all depends on the amount of light available.
The real Nick P.

pj chad

• Rep: 7
What are your shutter speed settings? Do you guys leave that on Auto or take the AES up to 250, 500, 1000?

I've had good results following this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VZMbngPFF8

I generally keep shutter speed at 1/125 with the idea that you want to double the native frame rate of a VX1000 (29.97), but considering 1/60 has a high amount of motion blur, I like 1/125 (IMO) because it gives you some motion blur, but not too much where it looks too choppy/not as fluid. As the video states, 1/125 "looks natural to the eye". It also works well if you like to export your footage at 60p because it goes back to the general idea of doubling the frame rate.

Regarding exposure, I always try to stay as close to f5.6 as possible. As mentioned previously in this thread, it's considered the "sweet spot" for exposure on the VX1000 where f1.6 leaves the aperature wide open thus providing more of an overall blurry picture vs f9.6 which is the smallest aperture before the iris is closed at f11.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 09:50:37 AM by pj chad »

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
    • tumblr
Expand Quote
[close]

always manual. set shutter and exposure independently. higher shutter speeds on sunny cloudless day maybe something like 350 w/ f-stop of 5.6/6.8. Cloudy days or shaded areas might call for lower shutter speeds and larger f-stop. Possibly 125 at 3.4. It all depends on the amount of light available.

this

sangste

• Rep: 4
Writing from Europe. Got a MK1 fisheye from Japan last year, but it has the wrong bayo... (for VX2k)

Getting kinda desperate to find a VX1000 bayonet, only option seems to be getting one from USA for a whopping 200€ (with shipping and import...)

Have gone through all the Insta sellers and repairers, even getting a suspicious 'yes, oh wait, no' answer :)

Anyone have a clue how to get a VX1000 bayo in Europe or are there perhaps some other DIY options?

suckmadeck

• Rep: -37
  • Hi my name is ripoff of Bill Strobeck
Writing from Europe. Got a MK1 fisheye from Japan last year, but it has the wrong bayo... (for VX2k)

Getting kinda desperate to find a VX1000 bayonet, only option seems to be getting one from USA for a whopping 200€ (with shipping and import...)

Have gone through all the Insta sellers and repairers, even getting a suspicious 'yes, oh wait, no' answer :)

Anyone have a clue how to get a VX1000 bayo in Europe or are there perhaps some other DIY options?

It's probably dumb but you can take the bayo rings off and get a 62 or 68mm to 52mm step down ring and just use it like that till you can find the right bayo

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 16
  • I can only post using Mcdonalds wifi

I bought mine for my my last MK1 off this site - http://www.bayorings.com/
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 16
  • I can only post using Mcdonalds wifi
Expand Quote

[close]

I bought mine for my my last MK1 off this site - http://www.bayorings.com/

Ah none in stock, might be best to hit them up on Insta? https://www.instagram.com/bayorings_com/

Nothing posted since 2017, though.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: -3
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio
if you have the 58mm opteka yes

upsidedownboardslide

• Rep: 0
hey so i just got my first vx1000 off of ebay, and when i turn it on, and look in the viewfinder, it displays the hud, but no image. is this because of a loose ribbon cable or is it just broken?

thanks for any info

doyle

• Rep: 147
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Is the lens cap on?

upsidedownboardslide

Is the lens cap on?

no. i took the lens cap off and i cant change the iris or the shutter speed. i cant see any of the normal displays on the screen. just the blue bar.

nickpaolucci

• Rep: -17
Expand Quote
Is the lens cap on?
[close]

no. i took the lens cap off and i cant change the iris or the shutter speed. i cant see any of the normal displays on the screen. just the blue bar.

can you post a picture of what you're seeing through the vf?
The real Nick P.

upsidedownboardslide

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is the lens cap on?
[close]

[close]

can you post a picture of what you're seeing through the vf?

edit: i fixed it. just had to smack the side lightly!