Author Topic: VX1000 General Discussion (gear/set-ups, filming/editing, tips/advice, etc.)  (Read 102518 times)

doyle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Sorry if this has already been asked but does anyone know what issue of Transworld the vx100 vs vx2100 article is in?
I've got most of the Transworlds from around that period so am happy to scan it up if someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks

Feb 2004 according to this - https://skateboarding.transworld.net/photos/versus-vx1000-vs-vx2000/

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
Expand Quote
Sorry if this has already been asked but does anyone know what issue of Transworld the vx100 vs vx2100 article is in?
I've got most of the Transworlds from around that period so am happy to scan it up if someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks
[close]

Feb 2004 according to this - https://skateboarding.transworld.net/photos/versus-vx1000-vs-vx2000/

Thanks. It was the Daewon cover March 2004 issue.

Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

suckmadeck

• Rep: 27
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I still dream of the VX1500, I really hoped it was real.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Haha yes I was wondering if it was real or not also. Hope so
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Sidewalk Funk.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
This is pretty amazing. Must watch for any VX camera lover:

"VHS rip of the complete video guide to the Sony vx1000 & vx700! Including side by side quality comparisons and full technical tutorial"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRj9jKdF6DW/

nickpaolucci

This is pretty amazing. Must watch for any VX camera lover:

"VHS rip of the complete video guide to the Sony vx1000 & vx700! Including side by side quality comparisons and full technical tutorial"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRj9jKdF6DW/

really cool. thanks for sharing!

WayneKerr

• Rep: -2
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Haha yes I was wondering if it was real or not also. Hope so

It’s definately a load of shit.
Dork tricks ain't nothing new, people just get internet likes for them now instead of being called a faggot like when I was a kid

matureoftheocean

• Rep: 56
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
or if you really dont care, just try smacking the shit out of it.
[close]

This has fixed so many of my vx's
[close]
ive never had anything as bad as pj, but def had my cam have weird ccd colour errors and just smacked it and it was back to normal LOL
[close]
slapping is an essential tool for fixing the vx. i can only second this

Yeah this is how I ususally start a filming session these days, works every time👍
SUOMI | FINLAND | PRKL www.fat1937.blogspot.com

pj chad

• Rep: 7
has anyone ran into something like this before?

https://i.imgur.com/QiMiP0B.jpg

footage played back via tape or external recorder is the same. you can slightly make out what the footage being played back is, but it's just covered in static. funny thing is, when i import it from my external recorder onto the computer - it is 100% fine.

southphillytapwater

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 28

footage played back via tape or external recorder is the same. you can slightly make out what the footage being played back is, but it's just covered in static. funny thing is, when i import it from my external recorder onto the computer - it is 100% fine.
Might be the viewfinder ribbon cable, they're known to break easily. Hasn't happened on any of my cameras yet so I'm not sure what it looks like.

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 90
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO

Does the viewfinder look fine when you lay it flat, after you've taken the battery out and put it back in.

If it's a viewfinder issue then usually it should work fine when left flat or at least, has for me when I've had broken VF ribbon cables.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

bataaard

• Rep: 40
it doesn't look like a viewfinder ribbon cable issue imo (you wouldn't see clear text), but bad contacts on the VAP ribbon cable.

if you tap the side of the camera (not the tape side, the other one) does it look different ?

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image

Strange. The times I got this gnarly static was when a board smoked my camera super hard. Just smacked the side of it and it eventually went away.

pj chad

• Rep: 7
Thanks for the replies. Verified with Kerry and another VX1000 repair guru that the main board has gone bad. Literally the worst thing that can happen to a VX considering the only repair is a replacement main board which only exist in working cameras and that number likely goes down every day.

Curious if any one else here keeps a close watch on eBay listings for American NTSC VX1000s. There are literally only 7 listed right now. I honestly think in the next few years, working ones are going to be worth $2k+

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
Thanks for the replies. Verified with Kerry and another VX1000 repair guru that the main board has gone bad. Literally the worst thing that can happen to a VX considering the only repair is a replacement main board which only exist in working cameras and that number likely goes down every day.

Curious if any one else here keeps a close watch on eBay listings for American NTSC VX1000s. There are literally only 7 listed right now. I honestly think in the next few years, working ones are going to be worth $2k+

Yes. I look everyday if not two or three times daily. I know a buddy that has plenty of parts. But not sure if he's willing to sell a main board... Best of luck

IpathCats

Spotted on the sls stream

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image

Sk8rats blowin up

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
Expand Quote

[close]

Sk8rats blowin up

Incredible. I identify heavily with that shirt.

A few months ago I was on vacation eating at a restaurant while wearing a Sabotage shirt with a VX on the back and a random dude came up to me and started talking to me about skating hahaha.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

IpathCats

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Sk8rats blowin up
[close]

Incredible. I identify heavily with that shirt.

A few months ago I was on vacation eating at a restaurant while wearing a Sabotage shirt with a VX on the back and a random dude came up to me and started talking to me about skating hahaha.

If I wasn't such a loudmouth, I would get it too haha.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
Re: VX1000 General Discussion (gear/set-ups, filming/editing, tips/advice, etc.)
« Reply #739 on: September 01, 2021, 03:18:01 PM »
I know VXs were designed to work with the technology of CRT TVs but has no one worked out how to fix the deinterlacing problems when uploading to youtube yet? Surely there's a simple fix

During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

donkey

• Rep: -65
  • donk
Re: VX1000 General Discussion (gear/set-ups, filming/editing, tips/advice, etc.)
« Reply #740 on: September 01, 2021, 05:46:56 PM »
I know VXs were designed to work with the technology of CRT TVs but has no one worked out how to fix the deinterlacing problems when uploading to youtube yet? Surely there's a simple fix

why would you want to fix it? it looks good

Safarisuit

• Rep: 1
« Reply #741 on: September 01, 2021, 09:30:46 PM »
I don’t think that’s from interlacing but when you have the sharpness turned all the way up on the custom presets it looks like that

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #742 on: September 02, 2021, 06:23:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
why would you want to fix it? it looks good

How does the whole scene turning into jagged lines look good? Look at those rails, that does not look good to me
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

nickpaolucci

« Reply #743 on: September 02, 2021, 08:16:55 AM »
I don’t think that’s from interlacing but when you have the sharpness turned all the way up on the custom presets it looks like that

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #744 on: September 02, 2021, 09:32:57 AM »
It's also upscaled DV NTSC footage that's gone through exporting and youtube compression.

lydius

• Rep: 40
« Reply #745 on: September 02, 2021, 11:50:40 AM »
always hard to add detail that was never really there in the first place.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #746 on: September 02, 2021, 09:07:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #747 on: September 02, 2021, 10:14:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Not true, at least not on DV PAL. I have mine set all the way up but it's never that drastic. Here's a similarly overexposed/highly contrasted image for reference:

doyle

• Rep: 210
« Reply #748 on: September 02, 2021, 10:21:00 PM »
Probably less noticeable on PAL because of the extra horizontal resolution (576 vs NTSC's 480). More pixels = smoother diagonal lines.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #749 on: September 02, 2021, 11:38:12 PM »
Probably less noticeable on PAL because of the extra horizontal resolution (576 vs NTSC's 480). More pixels = smoother diagonal lines.

Yes, definitely. Meant to post this on my initial reply to help illustrate the significant difference between resolutions. Quite a leap even from 576 to 720p.