Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328019 times)

FUBAR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 236
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #3090 on: August 07, 2021, 07:22:11 AM »
Some 5.6 Ventures…something lighter than the standard ones. I am over these Maglites…bent the axle on the new set in a month. I can now confirm that maglites are not for bigger people and hard curb skating.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 09:50:56 AM by FUBAR »

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #3091 on: August 07, 2021, 08:08:02 AM »
Es quattros.

The suede ones, not leather.

Anyone skated them?

I have the chance to get them cheap online, I've never tried them on though. How's the board feel, and do they fit TTS?

Definitely get a half size up, as recommended by ES. Even at half size up they have a really short toe. I'm used to wearing shoes a half size big and with longer toes so they took me a minute to get used to, but board feel is OK once broken in and they are decent quality shoes.

djsmoothnuts

• Rep: 2
« Reply #3092 on: August 07, 2021, 08:41:33 AM »
Es quattros.

Anyone skated them?

I have the chance to get them cheap online, I've never tried them on though. How's the board feel, and do they fit TTS?

i just bought these online yesterday. the white/red and black/gum were the first release and run a half size small (the description says order .5 up on those two) the spring 21 line doesn’t say that and a video i watched said they fixed the sizing problem. they look pretty cool. i got the suede black gum in 8.5 so wish me luck. it was those or the fuckin uh whatever they are the Kostons with the same sole.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3093 on: August 07, 2021, 09:11:59 AM »
Some 5.6 Ventures…something lighter than the standard ones. I am over these Maglites…bent the axels on the new set in a month. I can now confirm that maglites are not for bigger people and hard curb skating.

They definitely won't grind as well....maybe turn won't be as good but everything else should be fine.  Get the hollows or titaniums.  I put bones bushings in.  Best of all....make sure you buy venture gear...the only truck company worth repping...

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #3094 on: August 07, 2021, 09:28:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Es quattros.

Anyone skated them?

[close]

i just bought these online yesterday. the white/red and black/gum were the first release and run a half size small (the description says order .5 up on those two) the spring 21 line doesn’t say that and a video i watched said they fixed the sizing problem. they look pretty cool. i got the suede black gum in 8.5 so wish me luck. it was those or the fuckin uh whatever they are the Kostons with the same sole.

Ahh, my bad. Thanks for the info. I had the white/red ones so I guess that adds up. Kind of annoying though.

FUBAR

« Reply #3095 on: August 07, 2021, 09:54:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Some 5.6 Ventures…something lighter than the standard ones. I am over these Maglites…bent the axels on the new set in a month. I can now confirm that maglites are not for bigger people and hard curb skating.
[close]

They definitely won't grind as well....maybe turn won't be as good but everything else should be fine.  Get the hollows or titaniums.  I put bones bushings in.  Best of all....make sure you buy venture gear...the only truck company worth repping...
Yes I will miss the maglite buttery grind for sure but not a wobbly deck because axles are tweaked.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #3096 on: August 07, 2021, 10:17:20 AM »
Just wanna throw this out there about the ES Quattros. I bought the Black/White pair 0.5 size up, even though es "fixed" their sizing issue. They didn't. I'd suggest going 0.5 up on all colorways. They run small anyways. The Silo SC is the same way. Go 0.5 up.
Super Champion Fun Zone

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3097 on: August 07, 2021, 04:30:41 PM »
Waiting for the Puig carbon to see how much they're in here
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Rattus Localis

« Reply #3098 on: August 07, 2021, 05:16:19 PM »
 Thanks for the advice, everyone.

They ended up selling while I hesitated, but that's not a bad thing. I've already got four pairs of other shoes sitting in my closet, waiting to be skated.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #3099 on: August 07, 2021, 08:57:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yes I will miss the maglite buttery grind for sure but not a wobbly deck because axles are tweaked.

I cracked my mag lites and sent a dm with a pic to their insta like a man and they shipped me tensor aluminums for free.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1929
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3100 on: August 08, 2021, 01:04:39 AM »
eS Accel Slims in red, scientifically proven to be the best color.

Anyone know if they fit TTS?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1062
« Reply #3101 on: August 12, 2021, 08:27:47 AM »
Anyone skating Snack? This looks really full?

superleftswipebby

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #3102 on: August 20, 2021, 06:57:20 PM »
https://gx1000.com/collections/products/products/sean-greene-pro-debut-8-5

sean greene’s pro. sean greene is dope and so is this shape

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3103 on: August 20, 2021, 08:31:41 PM »
eS Accel Slims in red, scientifically proven to be the best color.

Anyone know if they fit TTS?

The accel slims I had felt long and narrow but I think sizing down would have been too tight
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 724
« Reply #3104 on: August 21, 2021, 06:39:21 PM »
Has anyone purchased a Glue Skateboards deck? What’s up with the wheelbases/shape? 

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3105 on: August 22, 2021, 07:43:40 AM »
7.8-8in deck and 8” trucks, lows probably. Looking for the early 2000’s flip trick flow. Not sure what brand or shape to try.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #3106 on: August 22, 2021, 09:11:15 AM »
contemplating buying Thunder 161 Hollows for 9.25 eggball deck.

MysticalTypeExperience

• Rep: 128
« Reply #3107 on: August 22, 2021, 09:16:01 AM »
I maybe wanna try an Andy Anderson pro model (9.13x32.8" /w 15" wheelbase) if they ever come back in stock. If you watch his interview on Nines Club where he talks about the logic of designing it, it's really quite interesting. It's not symmetrical obviously but it has the balance of a twin tail. Might be too wide for me though.

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #3108 on: August 22, 2021, 12:55:12 PM »
considering going to a real full se 8.5 after skating a quasi 8.5 and loving everything about it except how fucking short the tail is. anyone have opinions on the real se 8.5? on tactics it says they have the same length tail but looking at the decks in person makes me think differently.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #3109 on: August 22, 2021, 02:37:07 PM »
I've actually been contemplating switching to thunders from indy's just for a change. I've never skated Thunders but love how they look and think they would be the best bet if i was going to switch truck brands. Been on Indy's for the past 15 yrs or so, so it's hard to just switch it up for me. I mainly skate skateparks, curbs, and smallish transition. Anyone want to sell me on switching to thunder lol? I ride 55mm-56mm wheels so that's why i have always been on the fence about it and dont really want to ride risers. I will admit i do get ghost pop alot on my indys though. Never really realized it until recently. I saw Tactics has some standard High Thunders on sale for 36 bucks so i'm really thinking about going for it.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #3110 on: August 22, 2021, 02:42:26 PM »
Anyone skating Snack? This looks really full?

they're good. PS stix. I really like them.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #3111 on: August 22, 2021, 03:15:09 PM »
considering going to a real full se 8.5 after skating a quasi 8.5 and loving everything about it except how fucking short the tail is. anyone have opinions on the real se 8.5? on tactics it says they have the same length tail but looking at the decks in person makes me think differently.

I had a couple Full SE's. Great shape and feel! However, my most recent one had a super short and mellow feeling tail compared to previous ones (might have been in my head OR I got a super mellow press - a 3 or a 4 in the stack perhaps).

The tails seem to be similar between Quasi and Full SE from what I've eyeballed in person, but it's been awhile, so I could be way wrong.
Super Champion Fun Zone

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3112 on: August 22, 2021, 04:43:33 PM »
I've actually been contemplating switching to thunders from indy's just for a change. I've never skated Thunders but love how they look and think they would be the best bet if i was going to switch truck brands. Been on Indy's for the past 15 yrs or so, so it's hard to just switch it up for me. I mainly skate skateparks, curbs, and smallish transition. Anyone want to sell me on switching to thunder lol? I ride 55mm-56mm wheels so that's why i have always been on the fence about it and dont really want to ride risers. I will admit i do get ghost pop alot on my indys though. Never really realized it until recently. I saw Tactics has some standard High Thunders on sale for 36 bucks so i'm really thinking about going for it.

I’d get Team plates and smaller wheels: 53-54 or use risers with your current size.

My friend rode Indy for 20 years and switched to Thunder for a bit and really enjoyed them. They’re my second favorite to Indy so you’ll prob be down.

FUBAR

« Reply #3113 on: August 22, 2021, 04:59:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I cracked my mag lites and sent a dm with a pic to their insta like a man and they shipped me tensor aluminums for free.
I did the same, then bent the replacements they sent, too.

MysticalTypeExperience

• Rep: 128
« Reply #3114 on: August 22, 2021, 06:52:07 PM »
Thinking about buying some Bronson G3's because they're orange and would match my incoming OJ plain jane keyframe wheels...I think I'm fuckin losing it guys

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #3115 on: August 24, 2021, 03:48:43 PM »
Currently eyeing up some cupsoles to skate after I'm done mending a foot injury. Protection is a priority. Tiagos and Telfords are in the running. There's a chance my local has both of those, in which case I'd judge them purely on how they feel. I kinda like mids/highs lately, but the Tiagos are more visually appealing to me. Anyone have insight to guide this important decision?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #3116 on: August 24, 2021, 06:58:30 PM »
Some cheap bearings, Film 5.5 and an 8.25 board. Probable a skateboard cafe. Anybody tried those?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 583
« Reply #3117 on: August 24, 2021, 07:04:08 PM »
Thinking about going down to an 8.0 or 7.8… again.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #3118 on: August 24, 2021, 07:07:58 PM »
Currently eyeing up some cupsoles to skate after I'm done mending a foot injury. Protection is a priority. Tiagos and Telfords are in the running. There's a chance my local has both of those, in which case I'd judge them purely on how they feel. I kinda like mids/highs lately, but the Tiagos are more visually appealing to me. Anyone have insight to guide this important decision?
Both shoes are great but I’ve really been loving the Telford lately. Tiagos kind of hurt the arch of my foot. The telfords feel and skate perfect straight out of the box. They feel mad supportive but not restricted on the ankle.

buttsniffersinc

• Rep: 3
« Reply #3119 on: August 24, 2021, 07:09:34 PM »

The Tiagos are the great. I'm an old fat dude with foot problems getting back in to skating after a long hiatus. These are the first shoe model that doesn't leave my feet feeling trashed after a session.