Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328525 times)

cant kickflip but can tre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #1740 on: March 04, 2020, 02:49:00 PM »
Been eyeing up these Artform Cargos

Bold

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1741 on: March 05, 2020, 11:06:44 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm really interested in Ben Degros' board company. He seems like the type of guy that really understands dimensions and functionality. I remember when blanks were the shit and I'm kind of burnt on the oversaturation of board companies that primarily focus on image and graphic concepts. I'm really stoked for the guy, he seems like a solid dude.
[close]

Ditto, would love to get some board from him unfortunately I live on the other side of the globe and shipping cost me twice the product price. Next best alternative is shop boards (Tactics) who use reputed woodshops.

What's Degros label?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1742 on: March 05, 2020, 11:43:44 AM »
Still thinking about getting Symbols but in pretty sure I'll regret it
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1743 on: March 05, 2020, 12:46:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Considering the Rowans, but can't seem to find that all navy color way here stateside at the moment. 
[close]
highky recommend the shoe. But yeah seemed to be a UK shop exclusive colorway or something. Cheapest I saw shipped to US was ~$105

Skatewarehouse has them in blue and good sizes

« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 12:50:02 PM by Xen »

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1744 on: March 05, 2020, 12:55:25 PM »
I refuse to buy any vans shoe that puts a single-stitched seam near the eyelets.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1745 on: March 05, 2020, 12:56:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Considering the Rowans, but can't seem to find that all navy color way here stateside at the moment. 
[close]
highky recommend the shoe. But yeah seemed to be a UK shop exclusive colorway or something. Cheapest I saw shipped to US was ~$105
[close]

yeah I posted in the upcoming shoe thread yesterday! want, but. i. have. too. many. shoes. and wearing the black pair now.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Looks like this color made it stateside
[close]
Nice I know what I'm copping this weekend.
[close]
just saw they're live on SW
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Vans_Rowan_Pro_Shoes/descpage-VARPN.html

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1746 on: March 05, 2020, 03:24:55 PM »
Anybody tried Provost shoe?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1747 on: March 05, 2020, 03:31:16 PM »
Sorry wrong thread

But yeah check out New City LTD
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 03:32:50 PM by Banned from the room »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1748 on: March 05, 2020, 03:57:03 PM »
Wanted to. But too little time, too many shoes.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1749 on: March 05, 2020, 04:14:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Right? They're for a decent price in here, the all black ones, but vulc are... Well, vulcs...
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1750 on: March 05, 2020, 04:21:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Right? They're for a decent price in here, the all black ones, but vulc are... Well, vulcs...
im liking the standard g6 insole a lot tho, Don’t seem to bottom out quickly. and the provider’s have the g6 plus.. and bonded panels for durability.
G6 Plus Insole - Made for skateboarding, the G6 Plus is lighter weight and has a higher-rebound rate than the original G6 cushioning. Made from polyurethane, this insole has high memory retention and impact resistance, meaning it offers more protection without packing out over time.

5teve.0h

• Rep: 24
« Reply #1751 on: March 05, 2020, 04:24:49 PM »

Yep I’ve got the all black pair with the gold insole.
Haven’t skated them yet just walked around a bit in them. The toe area feels a little tight (maybe I need to wear them in more)but other than that I like them

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1752 on: March 05, 2020, 06:15:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm really interested in Ben Degros' board company. He seems like the type of guy that really understands dimensions and functionality. I remember when blanks were the shit and I'm kind of burnt on the oversaturation of board companies that primarily focus on image and graphic concepts. I'm really stoked for the guy, he seems like a solid dude.
[close]

Ditto, would love to get some board from him unfortunately I live on the other side of the globe and shipping cost me twice the product price. Next best alternative is shop boards (Tactics) who use reputed woodshops.
[close]

What's Degros label?

https://www.instagram.com/canada.skate.shop/

They are still doing the market research. Go check out the survey if you got the time.

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Bold

« Reply #1753 on: March 05, 2020, 06:20:44 PM »
Thanks Dude

Bold

« Reply #1754 on: March 05, 2020, 06:41:06 PM »
I'm looking for a cupsole shoe. These have caught my eye https://www.emerica.com/us/footwear/figueroa/figgy-dose-6102000123.html

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1755 on: March 06, 2020, 01:50:18 PM »
How are the sizes for the northern co stuff. I had a 8.3 but I’m looking at getting a 8-8.1 and wanted to gauge the length and wheelbases and steepness

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #1756 on: March 06, 2020, 02:35:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Damn, that lace panel is already coming off after a short demo review, bummer. That shit should be at least double stitched imo. Toe loos really good for the flick though

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1757 on: March 06, 2020, 02:57:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Damn, that lace panel is already coming off after a short demo review, bummer. That shit should be at least double stitched imo. Toe loos really good for the flick though
I really wanted the blue ones but on that video they look horrible.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1758 on: March 06, 2020, 03:01:02 PM »
Flick is great. Crazy durable toe. If you don’t ollie with your whole foot you’re fine. My lace area show no signs of wear, only a bit on the actual laces. Quick shoe goo or whatever under that panel and it’ll last forever

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #1759 on: March 06, 2020, 04:55:46 PM »
Flick is great. Crazy durable toe. If you don’t ollie with your whole foot you’re fine. My lace area show no signs of wear, only a bit on the actual laces. Quick shoe goo or whatever under that panel and it’ll last forever

I see this shoe being absolutely amazing for people heavy on the toe, the toe looks perfect. Just bummed about that heel and lace area need the goo so quick

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1760 on: March 06, 2020, 05:16:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I see this shoe being absolutely amazing for people heavy on the toe, the toe looks perfect. Just bummed about that heel and lace area need the goo so quick
suede heel panel is double stitched. Also worth noting that the suede on the black pair is super soft. Like way softer and “nicer” than expected on a vans shoe. Mirage blue pair has mesh on top of toe instead of suede on black pair.

Wish Vans made a 12.5 tho. Random size foot problems.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 05:19:42 PM by jay_nev »

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #1761 on: March 06, 2020, 06:33:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
suede heel panel is double stitched. Also worth noting that the suede on the black pair is super soft. Like way softer and “nicer” than expected on a vans shoe. Mirage blue pair has mesh on top of toe instead of suede on black pair.

Wish Vans made a 12.5 tho. Random size foot problems.

Sorry I should clarify, I meant around the collar. I think you mentioned the heel panel being suede and double stitched so my bad for not being more specific. I find the collar is what blows out on heelflips which you can kinda see wearing in the video, but everyone skates different so for other people it might not even be something to consider. I don't doubt the pro models have better materials like the suede, the paneling just bums me out cause it means I'm not "compatible" with the shoe after seeing how it's gonna wear. If it works well for other people that's sick

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #1762 on: March 06, 2020, 07:08:19 PM »
If you don't superglue the seams you're stupid.
It's so damn easy, barely noticeable, and makes the shoes last for extra weeks.

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #1763 on: March 06, 2020, 10:09:42 PM »
If you don't superglue the seams you're stupid.
It's so damn easy, barely noticeable, and makes the shoes last for extra weeks.

I find even with the goo not having triple or at least double stitching makes a huge difference, or bet yet less unnecessary paneling. I feel like if the shoe requires shoe goo to last it's not doing it's best as a skate shoe, I usually just add a layer where I flick off the toe as needed and don't have to fuck around with extra seems if the shoe is good.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1764 on: March 07, 2020, 12:36:52 PM »
Saw some blacked out Crocket 2’s at my local vans store for $40..  unsure why. Employee was surprised by the discount.  They had newer Popcush insole too, not the ultracush. Strange?

secondhandstoke

• Rep: -448
« Reply #1765 on: March 07, 2020, 02:34:52 PM »
Santa Cruz Big Ripper, anyone got one?

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • the moon rules
« Reply #1766 on: March 07, 2020, 05:40:33 PM »
Saw some blacked out Crocket 2’s at my local vans store for $40..  unsure why. Employee was surprised by the discount.  They had newer Popcush insole too, not the ultracush. Strange?
Could be one of the last pairs in that colorway that they have in stock and they’re not anticipating getting them back in stock for a bit. Mark them down to clear way for newer stuff
fuck you bama

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1767 on: March 07, 2020, 07:22:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Could be one of the last pairs in that colorway that they have in stock and they’re not anticipating getting them back in stock for a bit. Mark them down to clear way for newer stuff
agree that’s what I thought. Maybe limited sizes left. But these gotta be fairly new with the popcush instead of the ultracush that’s found in the other Crockett 2 pairs.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1768 on: March 08, 2020, 09:20:15 AM »
Well, thanks Slap for making me purchase Kalis S tomorrow when I already bought a bunch of shit this month.
For a second I was debating between Kalis and Tiago DC shoe
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1769 on: March 08, 2020, 09:25:17 AM »
Well, thanks Slap for making me purchase Kalis S tomorrow when I already bought a bunch of shit this month.
For a second I was debating between Kalis and Tiago DC shoe

I'm debating the Kalis S or the Vulc. There's a good discount locally on the Vulc. Anyone know if they fit true to size?

Got me some bad Venture fever, been thinking of getting a pair of Titanium ones in 5.6, not sure if it's worth twice the price of the regular stuff.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m