Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328569 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #1830 on: March 19, 2020, 01:07:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Get both
[close]

This^

but if both are out of the question grab the marvel deck. Jamal will have another deck you can get next time.
That^
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1831 on: March 19, 2020, 02:19:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Get both
[close]

This^

but if both are out of the question grab the marvel deck. Jamal will have another deck you can get next time.
[close]
That^
Not a super hero fan but that silver surfer deck is sick

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1832 on: March 20, 2020, 04:42:39 AM »
never owned a deck only to hang it up but this is a prime candidate. love supporting local board co's
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1833 on: March 20, 2020, 07:52:50 AM »
never owned a deck only to hang it up but this is a prime candidate. love supporting local board co's

DOA is the best. I got a Jimmy Chung board from them to put on the wall (the only time I've tried to do that), but ended up taking it down to skate because I love the shape and how their boards skate so much (the flat ones).

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1834 on: March 20, 2020, 12:03:02 PM »
Venture thrasher collab softgoods

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1835 on: March 20, 2020, 02:09:33 PM »
Same here. Let me know if any shops get them online. I would cop the shirt

sadnocomply

• Rep: 135
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1836 on: March 20, 2020, 02:11:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
They online at kinetic and some other shops just google search em

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1837 on: March 20, 2020, 02:38:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Yeah I hadn’t gotten around to searching but kinetic is close and normally shipping gets here quick. Thanks

slappyjoes

• Rep: 38
« Reply #1838 on: March 20, 2020, 06:19:46 PM »
Thinking of switching over to ventures from indys. I wanna get a pair of these in 5.8 highs

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1839 on: March 20, 2020, 07:07:40 PM »
Thinking of switching over to ventures from indys. I wanna get a pair of these in 5.8 highs

It’s a big change, I just got those exact trucks and I have loved them for most things. Just trying to figure out how to adjust to stuff but the stability is unmatched. There’s been a few times they didn’t quite turn how I wanted to but it’s a trade off for sure

secondhandstoke

• Rep: -448
« Reply #1840 on: March 20, 2020, 07:12:19 PM »

samesies!!!!!!!!!

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
« Reply #1841 on: March 20, 2020, 08:57:42 PM »

I know I'm gonna get some hate for saying this but Ventures still turn like shit compared to an Indy or Thunder.

Got my brother a set over the holidays and he rides them somewhat loose. Coming off my Thunders the difference in turn is noticeable immediately. They turn sort of like Krux to me personally.

Try out a homies set up before committing to purchasing, especially if you like the way Indys turn.

My 2 cents.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1842 on: March 21, 2020, 06:25:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Yeah I hadn’t gotten around to searching but kinetic is close and normally shipping gets here quick. Thanks

Locals
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 08:06:24 AM by jay_nev »

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1843 on: March 21, 2020, 11:01:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Locals
the hoodies and shirt are too good. i dont usually wear thrasher gear but im tempted

would never skate in either of them though, you have the only ventures ive owned lol
would feel goofy skating in venture gear on thunders
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1844 on: March 25, 2020, 05:48:28 PM »
Sick to be in the Indy wagon, luckily I had some Ace's in ice but I want to get some others to have in stock. Probably I'll get Thunders but lately I remember reading about the "magic pop" that Venture have. Once had once years ago and I hated then so probably I'll just go for the leader in control.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #1845 on: March 28, 2020, 03:29:40 PM »

I was told not to try to run an 8.25 board with 139mm trucks.  So these Thunder 148 Team joints would work.  Not like I care a ton about matching, but the deck I want is green, so it's like and added bonus.

slappyjoes

• Rep: 38
« Reply #1846 on: March 30, 2020, 06:43:52 PM »

Expand Quote

[close]
It’s a big change, I just got those exact trucks and I have loved them for most things. Just trying to figure out how to adjust to stuff but the stability is unmatched. There’s been a few times they didn’t quite turn how I wanted to but it’s a trade off for sure

Expand Quote
[close]

I know I'm gonna get some hate for saying this but Ventures still turn like shit compared to an Indy or Thunder.

Got my brother a set over the holidays and he rides them somewhat loose. Coming off my Thunders the difference in turn is noticeable immediately. They turn sort of like Krux to me personally.

Try out a homies set up before committing to purchasing, especially if you like the way Indys turn.

My 2 cents.

Nice good to know. I was thinking of grabbing one of these to put my old indys on or should i put on my old thunders. Saw some one mention that it has a short tail in the egg board thread

TD

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1847 on: March 31, 2020, 01:41:53 AM »
I'm contemplating buying the Manchester XLK's, but I'm not sure I trust current Lakai enough to deliver a good shoe. Is it worth it?

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1848 on: March 31, 2020, 04:35:35 AM »
I'm contemplating buying the Manchester XLK's, but I'm not sure I trust current Lakai enough to deliver a good shoe. Is it worth it?

I haven't looked at them in person, but the biggest gripe I've heard from people is that the sole is too soft. That being said, Lakai's quality has increased considerably in recent years.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1849 on: March 31, 2020, 04:52:39 AM »
XLK is kind wack. I hated my Protos after 2 weeks.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Digital Rasta

« Reply #1850 on: March 31, 2020, 08:31:44 AM »
Currently deciding between two different pairs of the Busenitz Pros. The Raw Khaki/Pale Orange/Gum (Olive) colorway that came out a couple months ago or the new pair in Ash Grey/White/Gum (Blue) that just dropped a few days ago. Both have that good good dark gum rubber sole gonna be a tough pick

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1851 on: March 31, 2020, 09:05:55 AM »
Tyshawns...anyone know if they're narrow or regular width...i wear an 11 in dunks but most shoes these days are too narrow for me

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #1852 on: March 31, 2020, 09:11:07 AM »
Tyshawns...anyone know if they're narrow or regular width...i wear an 11 in dunks but most shoes these days are too narrow for me
I’m in the same boat. I bought Tyshawns and 3st.004s around the same time. I couldn’t wear the 3sts because they were narrow, but the Tyshawn’s fit perfect. 10.5 in dunks, 10.5 in Tyshawn’s.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #1853 on: March 31, 2020, 09:14:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
XLK is kind wack. I hated my Protos after 2 weeks.

I disagree, I skated my Protos from mid-December until last week. They have been great. My only complaint is that there is a seem under the ollie patch but after some shoe goo, I was good, I would skate them again.

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #1854 on: March 31, 2020, 11:16:24 AM »
Currently deciding between two different pairs of the Busenitz Pros. The Raw Khaki/Pale Orange/Gum (Olive) colorway that came out a couple months ago or the new pair in Ash Grey/White/Gum (Blue) that just dropped a few days ago. Both have that good good dark gum rubber sole gonna be a tough pick

ash grey > raw khak, but im not a big fan of gum sole either way.

waiting on the savanah bananas to come down in price.

ha.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 11:18:02 AM by pdknox »

TokyoBoyzClub

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1855 on: March 31, 2020, 11:29:07 AM »
Anyone wear the Supra Elevate?

If so, do they skate well and how's the sizing?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0009/3834/4509/files/ELEVATE_SUPRA_BLACK_2000x.progressive.jpg?v=1564948714

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1856 on: March 31, 2020, 12:52:30 PM »
Tomorrow its the first of the month and I'm ordering shoes and a deck from my shop. Maybe a 3rd truck idk see what the payee says.

I have like 3 choices looks like but I'm going to ask for opinion.

Will a current Theories Brand be pretty much the same as these Coakley traffic decks were from last year? Maybe the year before.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

UrbanSombrero

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #1857 on: March 31, 2020, 04:54:32 PM »
Anyone wear the Supra Elevate?

If so, do they skate well and how's the sizing?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0009/3834/4509/files/ELEVATE_SUPRA_BLACK_2000x.progressive.jpg?v=1564948714

They are true to size. I've had like 5 pairs in the last year, they skate really well. The leather ones are better than the suede ones, the suede is pretty weak but still skate great just lose the toe quick. Just shoe goo to keep them going. And the laces are long as hell is about my only gripe. Great low profile cupsole.

TheSickness

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1858 on: April 01, 2020, 12:02:56 PM »
I dont have a specific item I'm contemplating purchasing but I wanted to get some input from others on what are some good shorts that are either denim or chino?

I don't fuck with sweatshorts, or water shorts too heavy but I need ideas for good summertime shorts to skate in...

I currently rock Volcom Weekend stretch or RVCA but I need to mix it up a bit and keep the wardrobe fresh...

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1859 on: April 01, 2020, 01:43:46 PM »
I dont have a specific item I'm contemplating purchasing but I wanted to get some input from others on what are some good shorts that are either denim or chino?

I don't fuck with sweatshorts, or water shorts too heavy but I need ideas for good summertime shorts to skate in...

I currently rock Volcom Weekend stretch or RVCA but I need to mix it up a bit and keep the wardrobe fresh...
Good? Jorts? :-\