Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328649 times)

funeral_tuxedo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #1890 on: April 11, 2020, 03:02:45 PM »
hopefully copping some thunder polished 147 titanium hollows if I can find them anywhere online

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • the moon rules
« Reply #1891 on: April 14, 2020, 08:12:32 PM »
Are we expecting to not be able to get hardgoods for a while going forward? I’m looking at getting a set of trucks and a couple sets of f4’s just in case. My trucks are fine for now, but another month of slappies might do them in. I can’t find any Thunder 147’s, so I might have to cheat and get some ACE 03’s since the 33’s are all sold out
fuck you bama

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1892 on: April 14, 2020, 08:40:12 PM »
More Ventures, regular 5.2 or 5.6, not the fancy hollow ones.

Been eyeing a some Autobahn 54mm dual core wheels. It's an older Joey Pepper model which is great, dude rips.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #1893 on: April 14, 2020, 10:00:56 PM »
Are we expecting to not be able to get hardgoods for a while going forward? I’m looking at getting a set of trucks and a couple sets of f4’s just in case. My trucks are fine for now, but another month of slappies might do them in. I can’t find any Thunder 147’s, so I might have to cheat and get some ACE 03’s since the 33’s are all sold out

Ooh I’d be interested in how those 03s worked for you.

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1894 on: April 14, 2020, 10:11:10 PM »
really torn between a pair of thunders or just getting another pair of indy 149s.

I know I like the Indys, but want to try the thunders, though I'm sick of buying shit I might not like so I'm at a bit of a crossroads here, liked the old pair I have but want to try them now that they're higher.

they turn okay right? doesn't have to be wobbly indy or ace loose just needs to be able to turn, if it's even a little bit better than venture I'll be fine because I liked the turn on those.

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
« Reply #1895 on: April 14, 2020, 10:15:27 PM »
stick with the indys

Gandhi

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1896 on: April 14, 2020, 10:38:27 PM »
What's up y'all,

I am considering buying a pair of es accel OGs but I have never skated a shoe so chunky. How chunky are these compared to nike SB dunks ?

I would try it on but most skate shops are closed.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #1897 on: April 15, 2020, 01:01:59 AM »
Go with the Accel slims if you’re getting a pair
fuck you bama

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1898 on: April 15, 2020, 02:06:41 AM »

Never skated a pair of Dunks but I've tried on the Accel, Accel Slims and currently wearing Square Three, which to me is the natural evolution of the Accel. Accels felt way too chunky by today's standards and I'm amazed  I used to skate such big shoes back int he day. Accels Slims were significantly slimmer but were neither here nor there in terms of flexibility and comfort. I'm really liking the Square Three with the vulcanized sole and the bottom isn't too thin that I bruise my heels landing primo.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
« Reply #1899 on: April 15, 2020, 02:49:25 AM »
What's up y'all,

I am considering buying a pair of es accel OGs but I have never skated a shoe so chunky. How chunky are these compared to nike SB dunks ?

I would try it on but most skate shops are closed.

Not the best pic but the accel og is a bit wider than dunks at the tongue and toe. I can wear my thick winter socks in accel og but not the dunks

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #1900 on: April 15, 2020, 03:35:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Never skated a pair of Dunks but I've tried on the Accel, Accel Slims and currently wearing Square Three, which to me is the natural evolution of the Accel. Accels felt way too chunky by today's standards and I'm amazed  I used to skate such big shoes back int he day. Accels Slims were significantly slimmer but were neither here nor there in terms of flexibility and comfort. I'm really liking the Square Three with the vulcanized sole and the bottom isn't too thin that I bruise my heels landing primo.
I swear the original Accel wasn’t always so big. Even back when the Accel was THE shoe to wear it was still slimmer than the ones they’re pumping out now. Then again es can’t seem to quite get it right

Expand Quote
think yall are overreacting about these es'
[close]
Es messing up their re-releases is like Vans not having old skools/sk8 highs/half cabs for sale, then when they go to re-release a classic they pick the Willy Santos 3.
fuck you bama

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1901 on: April 15, 2020, 05:40:32 AM »
bones swiss 6 and riptide pivot cups
getting a new deck and spits makes me want to go all out with this setup
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1902 on: April 15, 2020, 06:44:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I swear the original Accel wasn’t always so big. Even back when the Accel was THE shoe to wear it was still slimmer than the ones they’re pumping out now. Then again es can’t seem to quite get it right

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
think yall are overreacting about these es'
[close]
Es messing up their re-releases is like Vans not having old skools/sk8 highs/half cabs for sale, then when they go to re-release a classic they pick the Willy Santos 3.
[close]

Haha, a friend got the OGs and I swear they looked so exaggerated. I feel a little gaslit by 'eS.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #1903 on: April 15, 2020, 08:22:22 AM »

NHS (Indy, OJ, Santa Cruz, Creature) is closed and not shipping.  I believe DLX (Thunder, Venture, Spitfire, Real, Krooked, Anti Hero ) is closed and not shipping.  If you are looking for product from them, then yes - you won't be able to get hardgoods for a while.  Many online retailers are already running low on them.   

Ace is still shipping right now and that's all my local can get in.  They have 33s in stock.  https://squareup.com/store/solsk8s/item/ace-black?square_lead=item_embed

I believe Skate One (Bones, Powell) is still shipping - or was last week.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #1904 on: April 15, 2020, 09:34:53 AM »
really torn between a pair of thunders or just getting another pair of indy 149s.

I know I like the Indys, but want to try the thunders, though I'm sick of buying shit I might not like so I'm at a bit of a crossroads here, liked the old pair I have but want to try them now that they're higher.

they turn okay right? doesn't have to be wobbly indy or ace loose just needs to be able to turn, if it's even a little bit better than venture I'll be fine because I liked the turn on those.

I really like my thunders. They turn just fine. I skated Indy for 12 years, I'll never go back.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1905 on: April 15, 2020, 11:32:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I really like my thunders. They turn just fine. I skated Indy for 12 years, I'll never go back.

I really appreciate the dedication. The commitment. The never. 
All I know, is that I don’t know, and that I’ll change it all up again.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1906 on: April 15, 2020, 10:49:27 PM »
I have a set of 5.75 ATG mags sitting around I wanna pair with a Welcome Atheme football, 9” baker, or an AWS 8.75
fatty with short wheelbase essentially, lmk if u have an opinion
maybe try out some conical fulls to throw on there...
maybe my first set of swiss 6...
maybe...

isolation madness is bad enough but now the famous stimulus check in the bank is getting to my head. we’ll see if I actually go through with it...

edit: i ordered the football cus it was in stock at my local...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 03:53:26 PM by Weon »
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1907 on: April 16, 2020, 03:56:43 AM »
I'm lusting after some Indy 215s now they're back in stock but dont know what board to put them on.  Anyone got a 215 setup?

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1908 on: April 16, 2020, 06:42:18 AM »
I'm lusting after some Indy 215s now they're back in stock but dont know what board to put them on.  Anyone got a 215 setup?

I feel like your (potential) setups with <6” trucks and then with 215s somehow make more sense than mine that are 8-8.5.
215s look very very cool. Never skated them.
Watching Gonz videos and his beemer setups look so sick/fun.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1909 on: April 16, 2020, 06:49:09 AM »
Venture 5.8s (standard cast plates).

I sold all of my Ventures to try and get over the madness...I skate better on Indy, but have a waaaaay longer history with Venture. Now that I don't have them I am obsessed with giving them another shot.

Edit: ordered a set. IDK why I do this shit.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 12:40:08 PM by FrozenIndustries »

imposter

• Rep: -63
« Reply #1910 on: April 16, 2020, 03:36:08 PM »
Recently I've been on down these pair of old 7.5 ventures but I don't know if it's worth the investment

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1911 on: April 16, 2020, 04:58:23 PM »
Venture 5.8s (standard cast plates).

I sold all of my Ventures to try and get over the madness...I skate better on Indy, but have a waaaaay longer history with Venture. Now that I don't have them I am obsessed with giving them another shot.

Edit: ordered a set. IDK why I do this shit.

Currently on some struggle that’s also a reoccurrence: the desire to buy boards that are too big, and trucks that are too wide.
Let’s see if this still doesn’t work.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1912 on: April 16, 2020, 08:27:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I feel like your (potential) setups with <6” trucks and then with 215s somehow make more sense than mine that are 8-8.5.
215s look very very cool. Never skated them.
Watching Gonz videos and his beemer setups look so sick/fun.

Yeah, my 'trick' board is a 9 inch 90s shaped tired deck, which I love, but I do wanna go a big old fatty for big slappies and dumb tricks in ditches.  Been looking at the GGI boards but don't really love em, and the Dogtown Big Foots but not totally sold.  Dunno, would love a Krooked Phantom, but i'm not paying that kinda money.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #1913 on: April 16, 2020, 11:28:14 PM »
Recently I've been on down these pair of old 7.5 ventures but I don't know if it's worth the investment

I have two pairs of old 5.0 Ventures (prob mid 2000s) that have been staring me down, debating grabbing a 7.5 or 7.75 for em.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1914 on: April 17, 2020, 02:00:52 AM »
I’m really curious to try a Doom Sayers shovel board, but it’s half an inch shorter then that current boards i skate and don’t want it to feel stubby and weird

Shuh

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1915 on: April 17, 2020, 03:54:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I really appreciate the dedication. The commitment. The never. 
All I know, is that I don’t know, and that I’ll change it all up again.

It depends.. What board do you ride? And wheel size?

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1916 on: April 17, 2020, 07:36:29 AM »
looking for a new shoe, never skating vulcs again. cant decide between the 3st.003 and 3st.004
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #1917 on: April 17, 2020, 10:39:59 AM »
looking for a new shoe, never skating vulcs again. cant decide between the 3st.003 and 3st.004

004, the 003 is hideous

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
« Reply #1918 on: April 17, 2020, 01:16:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

004, the 003 is hideous
I second this
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Stigmata

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1919 on: April 17, 2020, 01:38:35 PM »
I was thinking of trying out that DKL nonabrasive grip tape. Anyone here have experience with it?