Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328578 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #2100 on: June 01, 2020, 10:11:41 PM »
Checking a Decenzo Powell Peralta, curious about it.

Why tho.......

I'm thinking of checking out a Plan B Decenzo board, get me some PS Stix love.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2101 on: June 01, 2020, 11:47:23 PM »
Some Ti Thunder 147s ; might have to settle for the hollow lights tho; impossible to find Thunders out there.

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2102 on: June 02, 2020, 06:13:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Checking a Decenzo Powell Peralta, curious about it.
[close]

Why tho.......

I'm thinking of checking out a Plan B Decenzo board, get me some PS Stix love.
If the info on the store website I'm checking is correct I'd a flight deck priced like a regular one.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2103 on: June 02, 2020, 07:16:03 AM »
Need help on the dimensions for 2 boards:

WKND - 8"
Anyone have the dimension?
Are they standard BBS (8 x 31.75 x 14.25) or PS Stix?

Primitive - 8"
I can't access their website, you have to register your mobile number and enter a PIN code before they let you enter
Are they standard BBS (8 x 31.75 x 14.25)

Thanks!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #2104 on: June 02, 2020, 12:13:00 PM »
Primitive has 14'' on their 8.0s, length is something like 31.875ish. I really like them. bbs.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #2105 on: June 02, 2020, 05:13:54 PM »
Primitive has 14'' on their 8.0s, length is something like 31.875ish. I really like them. bbs.
Can confirm. I do believe they changed it to that a few years ago because I believe the wheelbase was longer

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #2106 on: June 02, 2020, 05:22:04 PM »
A mountain bike, again...

But I guess everyone has been buying bikes due to Corona so everyone is sold out.

I went to the bike shop near me recently and they had a line for bike sales going out the door and down the sidewalk.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #2107 on: June 02, 2020, 05:29:35 PM »
Expand Quote
A mountain bike, again...

But I guess everyone has been buying bikes due to Corona so everyone is sold out.
[close]

I went to the bike shop near me recently and they had a line for bike sales going out the door and down the sidewalk.

My bike guy hired 2 techs and a secretary. And now needs a 2 week notice to for an appointment. So covid was good for him.

Buy yeah! Buy a bike! Ride it! Different types of exercise is good for your skating

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #2108 on: June 06, 2020, 09:46:35 PM »
I think I might be losing it: All of a sudden Greco's supras are really appealing.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 09:49:55 PM by Seadramon »

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #2109 on: June 07, 2020, 01:48:16 AM »
I think I might be losing it: All of a sudden Greco's supras are really appealing.

I'm all for you livin your life, but can you even find them?

Contemplating some major gear changes. Thinking of going from 53mm to 54 and preferably kind soft. Thinking of going from Indy's to Thunder or Ventures. I feel like I'm gonna lost all my tricks though. I'm skating a 8.5 x 32.5 but thinking of going to 33. I'm close to 6' 1" but I think 32.5 might be the best length for me. Some important decisions lie ahead of me.
The chillest1

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2110 on: June 07, 2020, 06:10:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Contemplating some major gear changes. Thinking of going from 53mm to 54 and preferably kind soft. Thinking of going from Indy's to Thunder or Ventures. I feel like I'm gonna lost all my tricks though. I'm skating a 8.5 x 32.5 but thinking of going to 33. I'm close to 6' 1" but I think 32.5 might be the best length for me. Some important decisions lie ahead of me.
Ventures are the light, I skated Indy's pretty much all my life and the switch was for the better. Also I had a 33" board and I hated it.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2111 on: June 07, 2020, 09:05:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Found both in my size. That's why I'm contemplating them.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2112 on: June 07, 2020, 09:06:45 AM »
Thinking of going from 53mm to 54 and preferably kind soft.

Ventures over indy imo - soft wheels rule. Rocking keyframe atm.

Don't fret on wheel size.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #2113 on: June 08, 2020, 10:00:08 AM »
Thanks guys!

Seadramon: Never liked skating Supra, though its been a long while since I have. If the price is right and you're most likely gonna be chillin in them, go for it!
The chillest1

ballintoohard

« Reply #2114 on: June 08, 2020, 10:55:18 AM »
I'm 6 foot 3 and the Quasi 8.25 is the biggest shape I like to skate and 52s biggest wheels. I did really like a FA 8.5 with Indy's and 54mm conical fulls, but won't ride Indy's again

(fake) nollie.

• Rep: -23
« Reply #2115 on: June 08, 2020, 08:49:34 PM »
I was thinking of trying out a RipNDip deck but went with a John Hill instead.

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #2116 on: June 10, 2020, 01:56:23 AM »
What’s up with riptide pivot cups? I know everyone that has them speaks very highly of them. I only ride indys just wondering if the upgrade is gonna make me love my indys more

COVID pay arrived in the mail and after paying rent for my grandma I kinda want to drop one weeks worth of money and replace all my pivot cups.

Gma is rad. She took us in when we we priced out of our apartment in simi. Her 850\month house is better than our old 2200 apt. Least I can do for her plus my dogs love her
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2117 on: June 10, 2020, 08:38:45 AM »
What’s up with riptide pivot cups? I know everyone that has them speaks very highly of them. I only ride indys just wondering if the upgrade is gonna make me love my indys more

COVID pay arrived in the mail and after paying rent for my grandma I kinda want to drop one weeks worth of money and replace all my pivot cups.

Gma is rad. She took us in when we we priced out of our apartment in simi. Her 850\month house is better than our old 2200 apt. Least I can do for her plus my dogs love her
i have them in my thunders which had pretty shitty stock pivot cups. the squeak is gone and the ride feels smoother.

i guess they were worth the price since i wouldnt dare dig through the landfill for the stock ones
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2118 on: June 10, 2020, 08:57:21 AM »

Shalom and TK bless for looking after your grandma like that.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

JK42

• Rep: 22
« Reply #2119 on: June 10, 2020, 09:59:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Local has sale on shoes. Tempted to try some Vans for the first time. I've got medium, but leaning towards narrow feet. Which model you guys recommend?
[close]
I really like the way vans skate and have needed to get a pair for a bit now. I liked the old skool pro's and I also really liked the slip on pros. Honestly think Vans are way better than most people say, obviously just make sure to get the "pro" model versions if you get classics. I think the crocket 2's look good. Honestly go on Reynolds instagram and see which look best lol. That's what I have been doing to try to decide what I want next. Hell of a promoter.

[close]
Old Skool Pros are the only Vans I have not had an issue with, as far as fit and comfort go.
They change the Pro classics up frequently (insoles, fit) so if you can try them on that's your best bet.
Vans are good go-to shoes that will usually be alright if they fit your feet right. Like Dickies, no bells and whistles but they work.

Looking at some Vans in the sale right now. Didn't like to 112s I had, and Ultracush were too high for my ankle bone. I have quite a wide toe box, but a slim flat foot....like a flipper....Thinking Old Skool Pros or Chima 2s.

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #2120 on: June 10, 2020, 10:07:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Found both in my size. That's why I'm contemplating them.

I really like the black one, is it a cupsole isn't it? Also have you seen the mid versions of it? I like it even more, but must be some samples, I can't find them anywhere.

Thinking of trying some liberty cups or going again for the 3st.003 full black since both are on sale.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2121 on: June 10, 2020, 11:37:14 AM »

I *really* want to pick this up, I think paring it with Ventures and some 52s + the wheel wells will net some good results.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2122 on: June 10, 2020, 11:40:19 AM »
Need an “all decks with wheel wells” reference thread

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #2123 on: June 10, 2020, 04:08:17 PM »

I’m a big fan of the riptides. Didn’t even try the stock cups when i switched to venture

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #2124 on: June 10, 2020, 05:17:01 PM »
I'm interested in getting some Rowan's soon. Also want another pair of Half Cab Pros but in that Gray color or some other non atrocious colorway (looking at you "knee slide" pack).

If I like the Half Cab Pro will I similarly like the Rowan (fit, feel, flex, etc.)?  Never got a chance to try em on in a shop before Covid. :/
Super Champion Fun Zone

sadnocomply

• Rep: 135
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2125 on: June 10, 2020, 05:31:33 PM »
I'm interested in getting some Rowan's soon. Also want another pair of Half Cab Pros but in that Gray color or some other non atrocious colorway (looking at you "knee slide" pack).

If I like the Half Cab Pro will I similarly like the Rowan (fit, feel, flex, etc.)?  Never got a chance to try em on in a shop before Covid. :/
i think you would definitely fuck with the rowans if you like cab pros. Has the same kinda wide but snug fit maybe my foot is narrow idk but they fit great in a 9.5 in both. I have those uprise half cabs in grey and off white but I like the feel of rowans better personally. I can’t wait to skate them when I’m done with these shitty lakai newport hi’s.

Parisian nights and the white/gum joints gooooo

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #2126 on: June 10, 2020, 07:04:51 PM »
whos making long boards 32.5 - 33in. But under 8.5 width. Ideally 8.38.

Months ago I had a 8.38 33in Meridian and loved it.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2127 on: June 10, 2020, 08:41:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
i think you would definitely fuck with the rowans if you like cab pros. Has the same kinda wide but snug fit maybe my foot is narrow idk but they fit great in a 9.5 in both. I have those uprise half cabs in grey and off white but I like the feel of rowans better personally. I can’t wait to skate them when I’m done with these shitty lakai newport hi’s.

Get them you'll love them.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2128 on: June 10, 2020, 08:44:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’m a big fan of the riptides. Didn’t even try the stock cups when i switched to venture

Every truck I put them in feels better. MASSIVELY BETTER? No.

They last a long time and just make every truck turn just that much better. Especially in ventures and indy.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #2129 on: June 11, 2020, 11:49:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Get them you'll love them.

Thank you both, I appreciate the input! I've been on cupsoles lately but went back to skating some KWalks and Cab Pros I have and they made me interested in the Rowans! Cab and KWalks fit comfortably in my TTS of 11, so I'll probably end up with the Parisian nights but am tempted by the white/gum. Haha :D
Super Champion Fun Zone