Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 327749 times)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #2610 on: December 02, 2020, 08:16:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
A TJ Rogers board, or like a couple tech decks at least.
[close]

Same, Blind is gradually winning my heart and I haven't bought a board to support a specific pro in forever. But their team is looking solid.
[close]
tj rogers part was crazy good and he’s the best thing going over there

Last I recall, pros don’t get tech deck royalties

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1314
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2611 on: December 03, 2020, 12:35:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
A Baker/Deathwish board. I have a few and I’m tempted to get a B16 but worried about going up in WB.
[close]
after Uncrossed
[close]

At the expense of sounding like a dummy, B16 shape is for both brands, right?
[close]

I don’t see b16s that often. One of the best boards I’ve had was one of them.
As an aside, I really like the pointy, mellow, classic baker look. Recently I’ve noticed that more of their boards are steeper, less pointed, which makes sense, but not my favorite.
[close]

I like steeper boards actually. But darn, I was looking forward to the pointy board. My friend had one in High School and I loved how it skated.
Pointy tail but only slightly pointy nose. There's a real nice B16 in the current drop that is a Theotis with a Spanly drawn Baker logo but there's usually only one or two in each Baker Boys drop lately. You can pretty much always get some kind of Baker logo board in that shape though, sometimes red sometimes black. Deathwish for sure uses it too but not Birdhouse or Heroin that I know of
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #2612 on: December 03, 2020, 04:11:00 AM »
Thinking about getting some venture 5.0 lows for this 7.75 I set up. What’s good? Never had lo trucks. Anything I need to know?

Practice tick-tacks cause you won't turn.

TumKayo

« Reply #2613 on: December 03, 2020, 06:33:09 AM »
Ya they don’t turn stock. I’m over 220lbs and they don’t turn. You can put fairly large wheels on them, in comparison to their height if you keep them as is.

If you put in softer bushings to make them turn, good luck on wheels over 50mm.

I still really like 5.0 los, probably because that’s mostly all I skated growing up.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #2614 on: December 03, 2020, 08:50:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Contemplating getting me some of the new Quasi drop.

I know the proto's are the normal square shape from what i read on here.

What are the Mono phade shape like though?
https://quasiskateboards.com/products/mono-phade-8-25-black?variant=32545323384910
[close]

Oh man if I see an 8.25 proto my credit card will spit hot fire.

Garageskateshop.com has some protos for 20% of

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2615 on: December 03, 2020, 03:19:28 PM »
Polar is making pajamas...

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2616 on: December 03, 2020, 06:02:04 PM »
Picked up a Quasi at the local shop. Got home and ordered 3 more from SPoT

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #2617 on: December 03, 2020, 06:21:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Thinking about getting some venture 5.0 lows for this 7.75 I set up. What’s good? Never had lo trucks. Anything I need to know?
[close]

Practice tick-tacks cause you won't turn.

Ya they don’t turn stock. I’m over 220lbs and they don’t turn. You can put fairly large wheels on them, in comparison to their height if you keep them as is.

If you put in softer bushings to make them turn, good luck on wheels over 50mm.

I still really like 5.0 los, probably because that’s mostly all I skated growing up.

On my 5.0 los I swapped the upper bushing with bones medium with no washer and it completely fixed the turn. Indy super soft top had too much bite though.

Wheels are over 51mm but it doesn’t wheel bite too bad, just takes some getting used to and a little extra intention/precision when you skate.

dime a dozen trend skater

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2618 on: December 03, 2020, 07:41:03 PM »
The new creature stump board that’s a 9.0 with a 14.25 wheelbase seems really interesting, the only downsize is I’d have to ride a creature board

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2619 on: December 03, 2020, 08:12:59 PM »
The new creature stump board that’s a 9.0 with a 14.25 wheelbase seems really interesting, the only downsize is I’d have to ride a creature board

yep. Get the heroin call of the wild 9”  it has a 14.25” wb ..but could be closer to 14.375”. Have the 9.25” size and wb is lost as 14.26” but measures 14.375”

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2620 on: December 04, 2020, 02:25:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Same, Blind is gradually winning my heart and I haven't bought a board to support a specific pro in forever. But their team is looking solid.
[close]
You're forgetting Nassim Lachhab
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #2621 on: December 04, 2020, 05:32:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
You're forgetting Nassim Lachhab

I kinda like the blind “girl doll” and “girl” graphics.

daditude adjustment

• Rep: 21
« Reply #2622 on: December 04, 2020, 01:21:21 PM »
Hey y'all! I could use the input of some skate nerds out there. One of my favorite decks I have ever skated is a 9' Toy Machine with a 15.5' wheel base. The only problem I had with it is the nose was not big enough to do nollie off of. I've been looking for the same feel since, and not a lot of companies have that long ass wheel base, but being a large ogre of a human it really works for me.
Hosoi makes a board that has the same specs, but the nose looks a little bigger. Anyone here skate the El Gato boards and able to nollie on it? I'm also kinda meh on a Hosoi board, but I think shape might be more important than graphics or cool guy factor at this point.

Am I chasing some kind of dream that will never come true and I should just skate whatever I can instead of looking for weird shapes? Oh well, thanks everyone!

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #2623 on: December 07, 2020, 02:48:15 PM »
Anyone know if all the GX shapes are all the square nose? All the 8.25 appear to be from photos. Asking more so for the 8.3’s?
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

blueskynoise

• Rep: 23
« Reply #2624 on: December 07, 2020, 03:30:31 PM »
Anyone know if all the GX shapes are all the square nose? All the 8.25 appear to be from photos. Asking more so for the 8.3’s?

I had the 8.375 Turtle board and it was definitely more rounded than their/Quasi 8.25/8.5 decks. Currently skating an 8.3 Quasi and it’s ok but not the squared off shape that we all know and love. Looking forward to setting up the 8.25s i have, and i’m for sure tempted to cop a Party Pack board for the stack, haha

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #2625 on: December 07, 2020, 03:57:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I had the 8.375 Turtle board and it was definitely more rounded than their/Quasi 8.25/8.5 decks. Currently skating an 8.3 Quasi and it’s ok but not the squared off shape that we all know and love. Looking forward to setting up the 8.25s i have, and i’m for sure tempted to cop a Party Pack board for the stack, haha

Word thanks. That was my concern. I’m guessing since quasi distros them they use the same shapes. The quasi 8.3’s are definitely popsicles. I guess I’ll stick to the 8.25’s which are the proto shape.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2626 on: December 07, 2020, 04:15:09 PM »
Want those white Kwalks 2 but here they're stupid expensive.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2627 on: December 07, 2020, 09:58:08 PM »
I like mine, they are like a comfortable version of the slipons. Def gonna catch shit from cool guys

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2628 on: December 08, 2020, 07:56:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I like mine, they are like a comfortable version of the slipons. Def gonna catch shit from cool guys
Waiting for the price to drop to get those puppies
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #2629 on: December 12, 2020, 08:18:44 AM »
Has anyone had a chance to skate the F4 97s on rougher ground? I'd be interested to hear what it's like.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #2630 on: December 12, 2020, 08:25:30 AM »
Keep bending my toe side axle on my ventures and thunders. Would it Indy Titanium be worth the investment?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 04:44:52 PM by Big Baby Jesus »
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2631 on: December 13, 2020, 03:44:27 PM »
I'm really tempted but Kyle Walker pros 2 in white but they're quite expensive considering they're Vans but at the same time I don't want to wait until the price drops a little just to find out I can't find my size.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

TumKayo

« Reply #2632 on: December 13, 2020, 07:08:40 PM »
I'm starting to figure out my Thunder 151 lows, and now I really want to try 161 His. I really wish Thunder made the Team Hollows in the 161, that'd be sweet.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #2633 on: December 14, 2020, 03:33:44 AM »
I'm starting to figure out my Thunder 151 lows, and now I really want to try 161 His. I really wish Thunder made the Team Hollows in the 161, that'd be sweet.
There are no 151 low.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #2634 on: December 14, 2020, 04:10:56 AM »
So what's the overall verdict on Loophole wheels? Been slowly scaling my setup down over the last few months, from 8.6/56s to 8.375/54s, 149's on both. Planning on dropping to an 8.25 and want to try and support some smaller brands. Probably gonna pick up some of the 5.25 Film Trucks, skated a hand me down set before and they seemed decent enough, maybe give Blurs Bearings a shot. Just wondering how Loopholes would stack up to say the SPF's I'm currently skating.

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2635 on: December 14, 2020, 04:23:07 AM »
Shorty's lights 7/8" Allen head is my favorite hardware. I can't find any right now so I'm just thinking about them a lot. I've been using plumbers tape in case the nylon on my nuts is worn out.

I'm alos thinking about buying a bunch of replacement axle nuts.

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #2636 on: December 14, 2020, 05:27:23 AM »
So what's the overall verdict on Loophole wheels?

Just wondering how Loopholes would stack up to say the SPF's I'm currently skating.

I know little about Bones wheels, but it seems to me that Bones to Loophole would require less of an adjustment than F4 to Loophole.

I appreciated my Loopholes even more yesterday when the only dry things to skate at the park we these super steep quarters and banks that I have ignored for a year because previously I slipped out on some F4s and smashed my tailbone.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #2637 on: December 14, 2020, 06:34:00 AM »
Shorty's lights 7/8" Allen head is my favorite hardware. I can't find any right now so I'm just thinking about them a lot. I've been using plumbers tape in case the nylon on my nuts is worn out.

I'm alos thinking about buying a bunch of replacement axle nuts.
The axle nuts, seem like a solid investment. I bought spare nuts for my kingpin as well, maybe you won’t need them but it’s nice to be prepared. But, if you know the sizes you can get more of them and cheaper at a hardware store.

As for bolts, they’re one of the least expensive parts of a board. Do it!
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

TumKayo

« Reply #2638 on: December 14, 2020, 09:52:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
There are no 151 low.

I have 151 lights. They are 1mm lower than 151 teams. That’s what I meant. I want to try the 1mm higher 161s.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #2639 on: December 14, 2020, 04:24:20 PM »
Might have to find some space on a wall for the Shin Sanbongi graphic

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead