Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 324569 times)

Slugboi22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 62
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #2940 on: April 04, 2021, 04:48:23 PM »
Probably I'll be getting the new old skills next week and after that I'm retiring for a while all my purchases.
you won’t regret it. new Old Skools fit great and skate pretty damn good.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2941 on: April 05, 2021, 08:25:17 PM »
DOA square shape in 8.25, what's the wheelbase? and how is the concave?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2942 on: April 06, 2021, 06:49:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Probably I'll be getting the new old skills next week and after that I'm retiring for a while all my purchases.
[close]
Also thinking about getting DC Kalis vulc. They're super cheap on here. Anybody tried them?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2943 on: April 06, 2021, 09:08:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Also thinking about getting DC Kalis vulc. They're super cheap on here. Anybody tried them?

Rode 2 pairs and really loved it. Toe box a little narrow but stretches out by the end of the session. Design is basic and no-frills, great if you like that style of shoe. Vulc grips very nicely for flips but heelflips are a little lacking, though I'm not the best judge since my heelfips are ass. Sole was really lasting, got a good 2.5 months of 2-3 sessions a week, 3 hours each. Only downside was the thinness of the sole, great board feel but landing primo sucked donkey balls.

Overall, DC did a great job with a stripped down version of Kalis' shoe, it's almost unrecognizable from his pro model. They are probably clearing stock for the next season's colorways and the mids which are hitting stores now. The white ones look really nice.

Great basic shoe if you can get it on discount, I managed to get mine for $25 USD. Great value at that price.

Edit: if they made the Kalis S in a somewhat similar styling (cupsole + better lace loops) I would be all in on those.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #2944 on: April 06, 2021, 09:34:27 AM »
Bruin Reacts. Anyone skate them? Finally able to skate again and I want to try something new.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #2945 on: April 15, 2021, 06:38:28 PM »
Currently am keeping an eye out for a grosso shaped deck, and would love to throw those new aces on it. They have popped up a time or two at retail and I wish I would have grabbed one

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2946 on: April 15, 2021, 07:08:57 PM »
Currently am keeping an eye out for a grosso shaped deck, and would love to throw those new aces on it. They have popped up a time or two at retail and I wish I would have grabbed one

They have been in a few places I have seen via instagram.  Ignition and Break Free shop are the two that come to mind - instore only though.  Also check out the text below from Ignition - so good!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNF_gNjlQ3p/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNkuw9ClCbS/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNn2ZJYlfc6/

Here’s the deal. We know how you fuckers try to capitalize & we aren’t down. You want one? We’ll grip & set one up at board price, but you gotta hit the curb outside or we’re snatching it back. Otherwise, $200 & $100 is going to Goo. It’s that simple. Keep skateboarding real. Some of this shit we all see out there is bullshit.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2947 on: April 16, 2021, 02:45:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They have been in a few places I have seen via instagram.  Ignition and Break Free shop are the two that come to mind - instore only though.  Also check out the text below from Ignition - so good!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNF_gNjlQ3p/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNkuw9ClCbS/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNn2ZJYlfc6/

Here’s the deal. We know how you fuckers try to capitalize & we aren’t down. You want one? We’ll grip & set one up at board price, but you gotta hit the curb outside or we’re snatching it back. Otherwise, $200 & $100 is going to Goo. It’s that simple. Keep skateboarding real. Some of this shit we all see out there is bullshit.
I saw that and I love it. Sounds like a good time actually. You would think that enough time has passed that the flippers would be calming down

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2948 on: April 16, 2021, 02:57:57 AM »

I saw that and I love it. Sounds like a good time actually. You would think that enough time has passed that the flippers would be calming down

Yeah, the latest drop from AH is going to hit most stores about now, so keep an eye out or put a deposit down at your local for one, which should all be normal prices, not crazy up there prices.

Just looking on ebay.com.au (Aussie ebay) there are more Grosso decks on there right now that I have seen in a while.

Most are double RRP at least.

The madness is still going strong for some, but I don't think many, or even any have sold for that recently though.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2949 on: April 16, 2021, 12:21:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, the latest drop from AH is going to hit most stores about now, so keep an eye out or put a deposit down at your local for one, which should all be normal prices, not crazy up there prices.

Just looking on ebay.com.au (Aussie ebay) there are more Grosso decks on there right now that I have seen in a while.

The madness is still going strong for some, but I don't think many, or even any have sold for that recently though.
Just saw the new double drilled grosso shape hitting shops and it’s pretty sick. Don’t love it as much as the lance graphic but it’s going to get skated anyway. Going to keep an eye out of it or see if my local can get it

EDIT. Found one at a shop in San Antonio and ordered it. Going to do the full kit with pig rails just like Jeff did haha.

Anyone know the width at the trucks for that shape?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 01:08:47 PM by Esmith5488 »

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2950 on: April 16, 2021, 06:53:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Just saw the new double drilled grosso shape hitting shops and it’s pretty sick. Don’t love it as much as the lance graphic but it’s going to get skated anyway. Going to keep an eye out of it or see if my local can get it

EDIT. Found one at a shop in San Antonio and ordered it. Going to do the full kit with pig rails just like Jeff did haha.

It is 9.25 at the widest, but if they are the same shape, they are more like about 8.75 at the back, if not a little less, so around the Indy 159, the Ace classic 55 or AF1 66 works with minimal under at the front and a touch of wheel peeking out the back.

Also depends where you sit the axle washers, or the wheel size - how wide they are, so if you were running normal wheels around 35mm wide (not diameter) they would sit fairly well, but if you had fat Slimeballs on it they you are going to have more wheel sticking out, which may or may not be what you want.  I don't mind it on a board like that anyway.

I know Jeff rode Ace classic 55s on the more recent setups, 159s before that, both with the usual Spitfire classic wheels on his boards.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1RV_bnhULu/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BupKsGzgmSx/

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2951 on: April 16, 2021, 07:11:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

It is 9.25 at the widest, but if they are the same shape, they are more like about 8.75 at the back, if not a little less, so around the Indy 159, the Ace classic 55 or AF1 66 works with minimal under at the front and a touch of wheel peeking out the back.

Also depends where you sit the axle washers, or the wheel size - how wide they are, so if you were running normal wheels around 35mm wide (not diameter) they would sit fairly well, but if you had fat Slimeballs on it they you are going to have more wheel sticking out, which may or may not be what you want.  I don't mind it on a board like that anyway.

I know Jeff rode Ace classic 55s on the more recent setups, 159s before that, both with the usual Spitfire classic wheels on his boards.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1RV_bnhULu/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BupKsGzgmSx/
Perfect, was thinking about the new 66’s. I remember an older interview he said was was running 169’s but that shape might have been bigger if I recall. Could be wrong. Planning on just going with a spitfire classic, probably a 54-55 just so it’s more comfortable for me

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #2952 on: April 17, 2021, 01:19:42 AM »
The Crockett 2 look very intriguing for me. The low ones. Do they feel more like a cupsole? And are they tts? I think I can't do vulc shoes anymore.
IG: @flowterspace

Quantum_Bearing_Science

• Rep: 89
    • Quantum Bearings avatar image
« Reply #2953 on: April 17, 2021, 09:02:40 AM »
The Crockett 2 look very intriguing for me. The low ones. Do they feel more like a cupsole? And are they tts? I think I can't do vulc shoes anymore.

I’m on my second pair.  I have a long, skinny foot (13) and they fit great.  Definitely don’t kill my feet like vulc do.

They’re the best skate shoe I’ve skated since I can remember.  Only wish the place that had them for $35 would’ve had my size.
http://www.quantumbearing.science/

Instagram
@quantumbearings

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #2954 on: April 18, 2021, 01:38:38 PM »
af-1s or films, can't decide, probably will flip a coin when i saved up the money. kind of want to get 8.6 films for some sort of curb/cruiser setup with a 9 inch football and af-1 for the go to. i got some very worn down conical f4s to complete the early 90s curb setup if i wanted to. or some bigger 97 crystal balls that have been collecting dust. 

also looking for some powell g-slides or bones rough riders(aren't they the same?) for the filmer board, although i'll probably won't film a lot since my friend broke his wrist yesterday, so only roughly contemplating buying these at some point in the vague future.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2955 on: May 02, 2021, 09:19:10 AM »
Is like a guilty pleasure but I'm thinking about getting those Blondey superstars adv. The darker plastic ones. Why? I've been wanting Superstars for quite a while and for some reason that colorway here is on sale (not cheap at all but still cheaper) and it comes with a book (Das Americas) which is a nice bonus.
I believe that at least in Europe those were raffles and for some reason that makes me want them more.
Any comments about those? TTS?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #2956 on: May 04, 2021, 06:51:30 AM »
I'm looking to get a set of 8.25 trucks as I'm trying to size down a bit. I was thinking of getting the new AF-1 44s but seeing the problems some of the pals have been having, I might just get a set of 144 forged TI Indys... Any thoughts?

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #2957 on: May 04, 2021, 06:57:23 AM »
I'm looking to get a set of 8.25 trucks as I'm trying to size down a bit. I was thinking of getting the new AF-1 44s but seeing the problems some of the pals have been having, I might just get a set of 144 forged TI Indys... Any thoughts?
I'd get the tried and true forged Indy's. That's just my preference tho.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #2958 on: May 05, 2021, 06:32:00 AM »
Not a fan of Santa Cruz and try and stay away from NHS but those 3D concave Santa Cruz decks gave me questioning getting one.  Anyone try one? Gimmick or is the concave in the tail a nice pocket?

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #2959 on: May 11, 2021, 06:58:31 AM »
Thinking about getting some mini logo 95a. A few people have rec’d F4s to me for a softer wheel, but I don’t want to drop $40+ and hate em. Figured I’d try minis on the cheap first. I also need new bearings because I have bullshit stock SWH ones now and three pushes gets me like 20 feet of coast.

sketchyrider

« Reply #2960 on: May 11, 2021, 07:43:22 AM »
Thinking about getting some mini logo 95a. A few people have rec’d F4s to me for a softer wheel, but I don’t want to drop $40+ and hate em. Figured I’d try minis on the cheap first. I also need new bearings because I have bullshit stock SWH ones now and three pushes gets me like 20 feet of coast.

just a heads up, mini logo wheels are cheap for a reason. i have some 101a C-cuts that feel way softer than their stated duro. i've never heard of anyone liking them, but they might be fine as cruiser wheels.

with wheels you really get what you pay for.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #2961 on: May 11, 2021, 08:03:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

just a heads up, mini logo wheels are cheap for a reason. i have some 101a C-cuts that feel way softer than their stated duro. i've never heard of anyone liking them, but they might be fine as cruiser wheels.

Yeah, I’ve been hesitating despite having them in my cart for a day or so. I’ll probably just get the F4s. I’m old enough now to have realized that half measures are a waste of time and money. Thanks for the heads up.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2962 on: May 11, 2021, 08:50:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, I’ve been hesitating despite having them in my cart for a day or so. I’ll probably just get the F4s. I’m old enough now to have realized that half measures are a waste of time and money. Thanks for the heads up.

Rarely seen anyone disappointed with Spitfires, they are worth the premium. I never knew how good wheels could feel sliding on top of a ledge until I rode Spitfire; slip and grip when I need it.

I have a set of Mini Logo Hybrids (90a) on ice for a grocery store setup but they feel very squishy
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #2963 on: May 11, 2021, 01:00:52 PM »
I have a set of Mini Logo Hybrids (90a) on ice for a grocery store setup but they feel very squishy

Shit, imagine rolling 78s. I’m in a weird spot where I cruise a lot and do simple shit, all with one setup. So I’m trying to find a good middle ground. Gonna order them Spits though. Guess I’ll be a basic bitch and get Bones for them.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #2964 on: May 11, 2021, 09:36:13 PM »
I'm so incredibly broke these days but I desperately want one of these Uma Landlseds Richard Colman board/print combos:

http://www.instagram.com/p/COwHrZ5g1ZJ/
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 12:12:35 AM by funeral_tuxedo »

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #2965 on: May 14, 2021, 08:29:24 PM »
Jordan 1 mids, but to skate in. Are they really good? How’s the flick? I own a pair but I don’t want to skate them, so any experiences are welcome.

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #2966 on: May 15, 2021, 10:26:26 AM »
Jordan 1 mids, but to skate in. Are they really good? How’s the flick? I own a pair but I don’t want to skate them, so any experiences are welcome.
I have a pair that I skate in and I like them. The flick is good and they are pretty durable and look dope while skating.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #2967 on: May 15, 2021, 01:08:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I have a pair that I skate in and I like them. The flick is good and they are pretty durable and look dope while skating.

Thanks! I’ve seen praise for them but since they’re relatively expensive, just wanted to hear some more opinions before considering them further.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #2968 on: May 15, 2021, 02:20:10 PM »

download instagram pictures online

See if you can find some Ebernons. They look like Jordan lows. But the sole is pretty much the same, and they’re relatively cheap. That way, if you hate em you only wasted like $50.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2969 on: May 15, 2021, 07:15:38 PM »
Current Ace 55 classics are axled up front and will need replacement soon. I have another set of 55 classics, but I'm tempted to try some AF1 55s or some Film 6.0s.