Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328829 times)

roll_dog

Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #3540 on: February 26, 2023, 07:04:43 AM »
I'm not really contemplating buying them, but my local has a set of 58mm radials I'm black. Something fascinating about them. They might as well say "Mickey Thompson" on the side.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3541 on: March 19, 2023, 02:12:48 PM »
either the black on black milic pro models
or the cracked black vm003 lows
both of i play my cards right this week
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

turbo 2.0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 52
« Reply #3542 on: March 19, 2023, 02:18:51 PM »
Thinking about grabbing a pair of Boardy Cakes 39mm but I also refuse to skate any wheel other than Spitfire Classics so maybe I’ll just wear those down. Will probably enter my Jordan 1 era tho

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #3543 on: March 19, 2023, 08:43:05 PM »
Thinking about grabbing a pair of Boardy Cakes 39mm but I also refuse to skate any wheel other than Spitfire Classics so maybe I’ll just wear those down. Will probably enter my Jordan 1 era tho

I have some Boardy Cake 47mms and they’re great. Whatever formula they use, it’s above-average. Not F4 quality but also not too far off.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

turbo 2.0

« Reply #3544 on: March 19, 2023, 09:04:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have some Boardy Cake 47mms and they’re great. Whatever formula they use, it’s above-average. Not F4 quality but also not too far off.

My problem is I don’t like how F4’s feel. They’re great and far and above the plastic feel of STF’s but something about just regular Spitfire classics is unmatched

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #3545 on: March 19, 2023, 09:21:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

My problem is I don’t like how F4’s feel. They’re great and far and above the plastic feel of STF’s but something about just regular Spitfire classics is unmatched

It’s been a long time since I’ve had regular spitfires. Like 15 years? I think I flatspotted a few sets and then got bones and was doing that, but not super psyched on the plastic bones feel.
Wait, what were the Mike Anderson sfw wheel? Those were sick.
Anyways, I’ve been wanting to try the clsssic formula again. Any advantages?

turbo 2.0

« Reply #3546 on: March 19, 2023, 09:26:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

It’s been a long time since I’ve had regular spitfires. Like 15 years? I think I flatspotted a few sets and then got bones and was doing that, but not super psyched on the plastic bones feel.
Wait, what were the Mike Anderson sfw wheel? Those were sick.
Anyways, I’ve been wanting to try the clsssic formula again. Any advantages?

They feel more like a skateboard wheel should in my opinion. They don’t feel high tech or like plastic or like urethane mixed with something else, they just feel like a skateboarding wheel. I also personally like the way they slide more, although it could be argued that formula fours slide better, although personally I think that sliding “slicker” is a better way to put it.

It should also be noted that I don’t care about flat spots as I just ride/slide them out, so if flat spots really bother you maybe stick to a flat spot proof technology. That being said, personally I’ve never flat spotted a pair of the classics, maybe I’m just lucky.

Threadz

« Reply #3547 on: March 19, 2023, 09:45:35 PM »
I was skating dunks (highs mostly) for the past 2 years consistently. Recently, I've moved back home and I don't get the luxury of buying dunks retail from my local anymore...

So I opted for a pair of Vans Crocketts last week as I've read a lot of good things about them here on Slap. Unfortunately though, they don't fit my feet as well as I'd hoped, and I've already ripped a hole in the side wall of the canvas (of course).

Now I'm looking at a pair of Last Resort highs. They sound promising, but without being able to try them on beforehand, it's a big gamble. My feet are Borderline E on a brannock (for those that don't know, that's towards the wider side). Is it worth the risk buying a pair 1/2 size down? I don't like too much extra length at the end of my shoes, so I'm not sure if these will work.

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Boog

• Rep: 196
« Reply #3548 on: March 20, 2023, 04:10:25 AM »
I was skating dunks (highs mostly) for the past 2 years consistently. Recently, I've moved back home and I don't get the luxury of buying dunks retail from my local anymore...

So I opted for a pair of Vans Crocketts last week as I've read a lot of good things about them here on Slap. Unfortunately though, they don't fit my feet as well as I'd hoped, and I've already ripped a hole in the side wall of the canvas (of course).

Now I'm looking at a pair of Last Resort highs. They sound promising, but without being able to try them on beforehand, it's a big gamble. My feet are Borderline E on a brannock (for those that don't know, that's towards the wider side). Is it worth the risk buying a pair 1/2 size down? I don't like too much extra length at the end of my shoes, so I'm not sure if these will work.

If you are used to skating dunks you should try the lakai Telford's. I think those wouLd work better for you. And they're easy to get with a lot of different color ways.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #3549 on: March 20, 2023, 04:52:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
If you are used to skating dunks you should try the lakai Telford's. I think those wouLd work better for you. And they're easy to get with a lot of different color ways.
LRAB isn’t great for us people with wide feet. Sizing down may not be a good idea if the pair is from the latest drop. The insoles are supposed to make it closer to fitting TTS.

Like Boog said, try Telfords or Dunk clones. People have spoken highly of Adidas Forum Lows as well. I recommend the 1010 because they fit my feet well. My left foot is 2E and my right foot is E, but I went TTS. It was a little snug on the left. After a bit of time, it started to feel perfect and the heel slip went away. Most vulc shoes and pointy-toed cups make my smaller toes swollen, so I stick with what I know.

If you like Dunks and have wide feet, look for Dunk clones or get NB 1010. The shapes of vulcs usually don’t work for us people with wide feet.

Pastasash

• Rep: 74
« Reply #3550 on: March 20, 2023, 07:02:03 AM »
either the black on black milic pro models
or the cracked black vm003 lows
both of i play my cards right this week

Same, really want to try my first pair of LRAB in the frog Millic colorway. Once my tax return hits I'm hitting up the local to try on a pair so I get the right size!

IpathCats

« Reply #3551 on: March 20, 2023, 07:07:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
LRAB isn’t great for us people with wide feet. Sizing down may not be a good idea if the pair is from the latest drop. The insoles are supposed to make it closer to fitting TTS.

Like Boog said, try Telfords or Dunk clones. People have spoken highly of Adidas Forum Lows as well. I recommend the 1010 because they fit my feet well. My left foot is 2E and my right foot is E, but I went TTS. It was a little snug on the left. After a bit of time, it started to feel perfect and the heel slip went away. Most vulc shoes and pointy-toed cups make my smaller toes swollen, so I stick with what I know.

If you like Dunks and have wide feet, look for Dunk clones or get NB 1010. The shapes of vulcs usually don’t work for us people with wide feet.

I wouldnt consider myself to have a super wide foot, but i am very particular when it comes to cramping my toes. I REALLY dont like that feeling at all, so i ten to prefer wider shoes (mainly dunks and Jordan 1's for a while now). The Vans rowan is decently roomy in the toe box if youre looking for a vulc. felt decent to me anyway

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #3552 on: March 20, 2023, 07:13:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Seconding this.

I don't know if they're out in your area yet, but DC just came out with the Manteca 4 high in Europe. Mantecas are IMO very similar to Dunks, so these high versions might just be what you're looking for.

stupidfuckface

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #3553 on: March 20, 2023, 07:38:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Get Jordan 1 mids, sneakerheads hate mids so they are always available and sometimes on sale..
Lows good too, Jordan 1 CMFTs are dope but make sure you check the materials, those come with canvas on the toe box more often than I would like..

IpathCats

« Reply #3554 on: March 20, 2023, 09:45:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Get Jordan 1 mids, sneakerheads hate mids so they are always available and sometimes on sale..
Lows good too, Jordan 1 CMFTs are dope but make sure you check the materials, those come with canvas on the toe box more often than I would like..

the outsole on the CMFT's is not good for skateboarding, bought a pair on ebay not realizing that =[

True about the mids though. sneakerheads dont like them becuase they use worse materials and dont have any "air" in the heel like the highs. but super glue the stitches and trow a good insole in them and they are great!

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 96
« Reply #3555 on: March 20, 2023, 01:20:53 PM »
I want a pair of those Ellington Li Ning shoes, the only colorway on sale is the Bruce lee version though

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3556 on: March 21, 2023, 05:53:17 AM »
Is ve been living like 5 years in the Czech Republic and never had a local board. My local had a crazy sale so it was way too cheap to let it pass.
Still debating if I should pull the trigger and collect or not.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

opesorry

• Rep: 21
« Reply #3557 on: June 13, 2023, 06:56:11 AM »
Thinking about getting this Limosine deck in 8.18, has anyone skated that size from them? I skate 8’s, so not sure how much bigger it’ll feel.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #3558 on: June 13, 2023, 07:31:21 AM »
Thinking about getting this Limosine deck in 8.18, has anyone skated that size from them? I skate 8’s, so not sure how much bigger it’ll feel.

Haven't skated a Limosine deck, but I switched between ~8", 8.06", 8.18" and even 8.25" without even really noticing. I had an "8 inch" Real deck which was wider than an 8.25" Primitive. I don't think it'll be an issue.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

opesorry

• Rep: 21
« Reply #3559 on: June 13, 2023, 07:48:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Haven't skated a Limosine deck, but I switched between ~8", 8.06", 8.18" and even 8.25" without even really noticing. I had an "8 inch" Real deck which was wider than an 8.25" Primitive. I don't think it'll be an issue.

That’s true, it all depends. Thank you!

I’m weary of it because I skated a 7.88 toy machine and it felt TINY, I didn’t like it at all.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #3560 on: June 15, 2023, 03:15:45 AM »
Anyone have any Dancer stuff?

Are the t shirts made the same as Polar/Last Resort?

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #3561 on: June 15, 2023, 04:56:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fwiw I haven’t skated their decks either, but I can attest to this as well. You def feel it below 8” and above 8.25”, but that little range is fairly negligible. I’ve recently skated: 8, 8.1, and 8.25. Slight differences, but nothing like the leap from 8.25 to 8.5+.

slapattack

• Rep: 14
« Reply #3562 on: June 15, 2023, 05:48:29 AM »
Anyone have any Dancer stuff?

Are the t shirts made the same as Polar/Last Resort?

I do! I have a hat and one of their ripstop shirts and I can honestly say they are two of my favorite clothing articles I own. Hjalte said one of his friends has an in with clothing manufacturer so its different from polar stuff. They use lots of organic cotton and everything is made in portugal or US and is really nice quality.

slapattack

• Rep: 14
« Reply #3563 on: June 15, 2023, 05:52:50 AM »
Oh I forgot to mention ssense is doing a sale rn and they carry Dancer so you can get their tees for like 35 ish bucks vs the usual 65.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #3564 on: June 24, 2023, 08:00:18 AM »
Heroin Dressen Guest Egg because I have a set of 66 Aces that is too big for a 9" symmetrical egg. A normal person would just sell the trucks but I feel the need to buy a bigger deck.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3565 on: June 24, 2023, 10:27:35 AM »
Im tempted to buy some Ace af1 55 but I wonder how they compare size wise to the venture 5.8? Are they about the same size or does the ace fun longer?

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 621
« Reply #3566 on: June 24, 2023, 11:16:42 AM »
Im tempted to buy some Ace af1 55 but I wonder how they compare size wise to the venture 5.8? Are they about the same size or does the ace fun longer?
Same hanger and axle width

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #3567 on: June 24, 2023, 01:53:13 PM »
Heroin Dressen Guest Egg because I have a set of 66 Aces that is too big for a 9" symmetrical egg. A normal person would just sell the trucks but I feel the need to buy a bigger deck.
But you are in Slap and that already says a lot 😁
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #3568 on: June 24, 2023, 03:10:29 PM »
That 8.75 in the recent Quasi drop…puzzle piece on the graphic, I think? I skated one and loved it. SUPER MELLOW. This would be my 1st 8.75 and I have some Venture 6.1s ready for it. I’ve been pretty good about not saying FUK IT and buying it.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #3569 on: June 24, 2023, 05:47:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Same hanger and axle width

interesting, wouldn’t have guessed that. just kinda spitballing, but i think venture hangers run a little bit smaller, than some trucks, and my experience with ace is that they run noticeably smaller. that being blabbed, i’ve only had the af1 44s