Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328800 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #3600 on: July 25, 2023, 03:30:44 AM »
I'm about to pull the trigger on an Enjoi Wallin board for a nice price.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3601 on: July 25, 2023, 03:50:11 AM »
I'm about to pull the trigger on an Enjoi Wallin board for a nice price.
That Enjoi shape might be my all time favorite shape

Pastasash

• Rep: 74
« Reply #3602 on: July 25, 2023, 08:39:21 AM »
Considering getting those new Spitfire Lock In Fulls.

Coming off a knee injury and want to prioritize being stable on my board, currently have Spitfire Classics on. Will these help me stay on coping (both QPs and ledges) better while still having the preferred roundness for easier flip tricks?

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3603 on: July 25, 2023, 09:35:28 AM »
Expand Quote
The trucks are drastically different…….
[close]

For sure. There's a solid chance I'll be posting in thr buyer's remorse thread about them, I've just never had a pair and want to see if I can fuck with them enough to make em work for me.
pair with longer wheelbases at your own discretion
it can be done, but the pop feel will be heavy
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #3604 on: July 25, 2023, 09:46:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The trucks are drastically different…….
[close]

For sure. There's a solid chance I'll be posting in thr buyer's remorse thread about them, I've just never had a pair and want to see if I can fuck with them enough to make em work for me.
[close]
pair with longer wheelbases at your own discretion
it can be done, but the pop feel will be heavy

I have a heated wheel 8.75 with 14.25 wb I'm gonna try em on... we'll see how it goes! Pretty excited to just try something different, even just for the hell of it. Tall rig with wooden risers, big wheels. I anticipate fucking with the bushings.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 11:42:37 AM by Urtripping »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

SupremePizza

• Rep: 44
« Reply #3605 on: July 25, 2023, 11:01:54 AM »
Sold on my Spitfire f4 classics, the 56mm are wearing nicely and get better each time. thinking of trying out the radials or conicals next. Also want to get some 5.8s ventures next since I want to step up to 8.5 decks but I still got life on my 5.6s

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #3606 on: August 18, 2023, 01:57:57 PM »
I’m getting an 8.5 mini logo. Had a friend that had one and I loved it. Hell, I might get two.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #3607 on: August 18, 2023, 01:59:41 PM »
I’m getting an 8.5 mini logo. Had a friend that had one and I loved it. Hell, I might get two.

I’ve skated a few Mini Logo decks and never found them wanting. Also some of my best kickflips were on a ML.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #3608 on: August 18, 2023, 02:06:56 PM »
I dig the flatness and the price. I skated a bunch of MLs when they were still a new deal and loved them.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #3609 on: August 18, 2023, 05:24:51 PM »

Coming off a knee injury and want to prioritize being stable on my board, currently have Spitfire Classics on. Will these help me stay on coping (both QPs and ledges) better while still having the preferred roundness for easier flip tricks?

If you haven't seen them in person, I would suggest really looking into them, as they are a very big wide wheel, extra heft and weight more than anything.

As to helping with things, coming from Classics (which I have a lot of too) the lock in back of the wheel is going to hold a little more but some other people have also said it makes it harder to grind for any usual distances, unless you wax the edge a lot or go faster.  Either way, they do work and some people love them, but others find they are just a bit more trouble if you are more used to a very rounded edge on your normal wheels.

@Samsquantch has posted a board with them not too long ago, then went back to thinner wheels.

Posts here:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=82118.msg4062821#msg4062821

and then

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=82118.msg4065723#msg4065723

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Pastasash

• Rep: 74
« Reply #3610 on: August 18, 2023, 07:44:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you haven't seen them in person, I would suggest really looking into them, as they are a very big wide wheel, extra heft and weight more than anything.

As to helping with things, coming from Classics (which I have a lot of too) the lock in back of the wheel is going to hold a little more but some other people have also said it makes it harder to grind for any usual distances, unless you wax the edge a lot or go faster.  Either way, they do work and some people love them, but others find they are just a bit more trouble if you are more used to a very rounded edge on your normal wheels.

@Samsquantch has posted a board with them not too long ago, then went back to thinner wheels.

Posts here:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=82118.msg4062821#msg4062821

and then

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=82118.msg4065723#msg4065723

Thanks for the response and links! Yeah i actually peeped them in person the other day and they were definitely the fulls like that guys set up in the link.

I was thinking the regular lock ins in a 52 wouldn’t be so big. Before classics i was running tablets and regular conicals so already used to that square shape, just hoping the regular locks ins are the best of both worlds.

Will probably pull the trigger on a pair soon and worse comes to worse my F4 classics are still in good shape to return to.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3611 on: August 18, 2023, 07:49:55 PM »
...leaning towards an 8.125 Baker but has anyone measured them lately? Both the 8.25 and 8.125 (regs not B2s) have always measured incorrectly in my experience when they are listed as 31.875 (they were always 32, like the B2s are now); just want to make sure they're really 31.5" as listed.

hiljentaa

• Rep: 315
« Reply #3612 on: August 18, 2023, 08:17:27 PM »
...leaning towards an 8.125 Baker but has anyone measured them lately? Both the 8.25 and 8.125 (regs not B2s) have always measured incorrectly in my experience when they are listed as 31.875 (they were always 32, like the B2s are now); just want to make sure they're really 31.5" as listed.

I had both 8.25 and 8.125 OG shapes in hand recently.

The 8.125 was 31.5, and the 8.25 was about 31.75.

downtodevin

« Reply #3613 on: August 19, 2023, 07:28:15 AM »
Anyone have the 54mm Radial Fulls on 8.5 trucks? I have 5.8 V-Lights and I want a bigger wheel and want to try the 97a Duro. I’ve seen a few reviews of them but they’re the bigger sizes and never the 54s.

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 45
« Reply #3614 on: August 19, 2023, 09:14:57 AM »
I’m visiting Europe in two months so I’m thinking about buying some clothes/shoes I can’t find in Japan anymore.
Also I want some Ventures 5.2” for my 8” decks but I don’t know if I should go with the hi or the lows. I want to put some 54mm wheels so the highs seem the way to go but I also want a quick pop. Do you have any advice? Thank you!

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3615 on: August 19, 2023, 09:55:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I had both 8.25 and 8.125 OG shapes in hand recently.

The 8.125 was 31.5, and the 8.25 was about 31.75.

Gnar'd!

Would be nice if we could trust company dimensions...why list the 8.25s as 31.5" if they aren't?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3616 on: August 19, 2023, 12:43:16 PM »
My 8.25 OG was longer than 31.75 IIRC it was like 31.8-9 tip to tip because the nose and the tail are fairly long. Hated that shape. Actually gave it to someone that hated it, they gave it to another friend that hated, that friend passed it on to a grom at the park that focused it. I think the deck itself was cursed not necessarily the shape.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3617 on: August 19, 2023, 01:07:23 PM »
My 8.25 OG was longer than 31.75 IIRC it was like 31.8-9 tip to tip because the nose and the tail are fairly long. Hated that shape. Actually gave it to someone that hated it, they gave it to another friend that hated, that friend passed it on to a grom at the park that focused it. I think the deck itself was cursed not necessarily the shape.

Good reminder, every time I've skated the OG 8.25, but ONE time, I've hated it. The pointy takes so long to get used too (same with OG real 8.25s).  I'm a rounded/full guy.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #3618 on: August 19, 2023, 06:15:07 PM »
Anyone have the 54mm Radial Fulls on 8.5 trucks? I have 5.8 V-Lights and I want a bigger wheel and want to try the 97a Duro. I’ve seen a few reviews of them but they’re the bigger sizes and never the 54s.

Yes I just got a set and put them on an 8.5 deck with Indy 149s and although they do work well, they are a little wide and leave me with a little less hanger space than I would like.

That said, they worked well for the newer skatepark I had a session at so no problems there really.  They are 54 x 38 mm wide, which is funny cause I am more used to wider wheels, but my go to is often now around 54 x 34 mm wide and I could feel the difference in where I sat on grinds, small and insignificant that it might be for my average ability nowdays, but my Conical Full 54 mm 97 duro just felt a little easier at that park on the same board before swapping them out.  I am going to put these Radial Full 54 mm wheels on an 8.75 or a 9" board which I think will balance out the width of the wheel on wider trucks and feel just right for what I want, but obviously I am being very picky right now.

The bigger, or at least wider wheels do still skate great, cover the axles and nuts completely, with the 97 duro giving me just that little more grip on the slippery surface and rolling over pretty much everything there.

They skated nicely in a carpark and other places I tested them in the last week, so all up that is a yes from me.  They would work fine on Venture 5.8 as well.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #3619 on: September 06, 2023, 11:47:33 AM »
Got a 200 bucks voucher at my local from my wife for our wedding anniversary.

Contemplating to cop some Lakai Welsh Telfords because they look so nice but do they skate good? As a reference, I've been riding Busenitzes exclusively for 2 years.

Also ogling some wheels for slappies. I am happy with the performance of my Spit Classics. I think the slim shape is great for locking in. However, I am debating whether I shall go for 99d or 101d and also if I should take 54mm or stay around 52mm (current set is down at 48mm-ish). Any thoughts?
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

onkalo

• Rep: 28
« Reply #3620 on: September 06, 2023, 01:51:08 PM »
F4 99a 54mm radials. I’m on ace af1 lows and ready to die from the wheelbites  ;D

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #3621 on: September 06, 2023, 02:14:03 PM »
ftp://

Contemplating to cop some Lakai Welsh Telfords because they look so nice but do they skate good? As a reference, I've been riding Busenitzes exclusively for 2 years.

Also ogling some wheels for slappies. I am happy with the performance of my Spit Classics. I think the slim shape is great for locking in. However, I am debating whether I shall go for 99d or 101d and also if I should take 54mm or stay around 52mm (current set is down at 48mm-ish). Any thoughts?

Been contemplating the Lakai terrace or Telford. Haven’t skated Lakai since fully flared so a little nervous. I know what I’m getting from fastbreaks. So much unknown with Lakai…
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
« Reply #3622 on: September 06, 2023, 07:19:32 PM »
ftp://
Expand Quote

[close]

Been contemplating the Lakai terrace or Telford. Haven’t skated Lakai since fully flared so a little nervous. I know what I’m getting from fastbreaks. So much unknown with Lakai…

Ive never had lakai shoes bit copped a pair for 30 via the union sale last wknd. Im sold on my blazer mids after a lifetime of vans, but i wanna try these lakais
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1934
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3623 on: September 06, 2023, 07:40:38 PM »
Got the Telfords off Union a while back as chillers, they do run narrow and take forever to break in even with shoe stretchers. Haven't skated in Lakais in years but I'd recommend you try them on in store before pulling the trigger.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #3624 on: September 06, 2023, 09:25:21 PM »
Got the Telfords off Union a while back as chillers, they do run narrow and take forever to break in even with shoe stretchers. Haven't skated in Lakais in years but I'd recommend you try them on in store before pulling the trigger.
I could skate mine straight away and felt broken in. Which sole you have on yours?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1934
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3625 on: September 06, 2023, 10:08:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I could skate mine straight away and felt broken in. Which sole you have on yours?

The older, non-XLK ones. I got wide feet with bunions so most shoes with a narrow toe box (Nike / Adidas) need a 1/2 size up.

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #3626 on: September 06, 2023, 10:56:10 PM »
Cheers brehs, I‘ll try them at the local on Saturday.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

marcusbutler

• Rep: 39
« Reply #3627 on: September 07, 2023, 02:20:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

The older, non-XLK ones. I got wide feet with bunions so most shoes with a narrow toe box (Nike / Adidas) need a 1/2 size up.

I had the black and gold ones with the same cup on it. Can confirm, tight toe box. But they broke in after session or two. Boardfeel, grip, and flick are all there. But lakais rubber doesn't last. Even with the vulc shoes. I had perez's shoes and they were shite. If you are flipping the board regularly. Try something else. 2 weeks and my kickflip area is gone. Compared to the 440's i've been skating. I think I got more than a month out of them. And that month is consistent skating almost everyday. Picked up some labor day sale and got some atlantics on the cheap. They have the xlk cup underneath and curious to try it. Expecting the same feel.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

Kfresh

• Rep: 8
« Reply #3628 on: September 07, 2023, 02:34:29 AM »
Anyone here ever ridden a Glue deck? I love the look of the 8.38 fly, but I've never seen one in a shop before. Curious of opinions before making an online order.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #3629 on: September 07, 2023, 02:56:27 AM »
Anyone here ever ridden a Glue deck? I love the look of the 8.38 fly, but I've never seen one in a shop before. Curious of opinions before making an online order.

They’re from PS Stix. It could be the best deck you’ve ever had. Could also be a soggy piece of shit.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus