Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 171697 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #1140 on: April 30, 2021, 05:36:03 AM »
Can we get a list of all vegan cupsoles? I really don't know what's available, it's a pity the recent black Accel Plus Everstitch isn't vegan like the last one
they new white one I posted up there is though (and it's microfibre)

as for the list of list of cups, it's pretty slim pickings:

NB#: 420
eS: vegan pack which is the evant, accel slim, symbol + the new silo SC and white microfibre accel plus
Adidas (not their SB line): Stan smith, superstars, continental and samba
Emerica: some colors of Romeros laced
Axion: has like one model
Vans: BMX Old Skool Pro (Dennis something something pro model)
Etnies: I guess the Jameson shoes are technically cup right?

That's honestly about it, lots of vulcs dropping at the moment (State, NB# 213 and purple villani shoe, emerica Dicksons, LRAB) but as usual, cupsoles are neglected...

« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 08:07:34 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1141 on: April 30, 2021, 05:41:44 AM »
Can we get a list of all vegan cupsoles? I really don't know what's available, it's a pity the recent black Accel Plus Everstitch isn't vegan like the last one.

I have to admit I buy suede shoes second hand but I want to change my ways and ditch wearing them entirely.

i still lust after suede models and will probably say a hundred times again on here how i will purchase this or that shoe, but i'm also basically quitting the suede shoe thing. tons of shoes i'd love to have out rn, like gammas, or 1010s, but i can't bring myself to even order them. i will skate off my stash, but not planning on buying any suede again. i figure there are enough models out right now i can't blame anyone but me for making the choice of not buying them. telling myself it's alright because this or that model just isn't made in a vegan version feels really stupid. so now i kind of eliminated a lot of options for future shoe purchases. probably gonna be buying last resorts if i'm happy with my first pair and maybe some es cupsoles to skate in.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1142 on: April 30, 2021, 06:00:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone has experience in removing glued insole from soletech shoes ?
I'm afraid to destroy the shoe...
[close]
I did it to my Ryan Lays; there isn’t that much glue in there, especially if you haven’t worn them outside for an actual skate.
Definitely a lot lot easier than trying to get a regular vans insole out!

I was shopping this afternoon with the wife and we both tried on prime green Stan smiths. They felt amazing tbh and I could tell right away that they’d be a good shoe

Yeah, did it with some Reynolds low vulc before they switched to the G6. They just had a dollop of glue right in front of the heel and that was it, came out nice. Like GISM said, way easier than Vans.

Just be sure so scrape whatever glue is left off. I put in some gam changers and it ended up bonding to them and ripping a chunk out of them when I went to put them in another pair of shoes.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1143 on: April 30, 2021, 07:22:35 AM »
I posted these in the New Balance thread.  They are in the "all coasts" line which means they're not skate specific, but they look pretty good to me!  Confirmed synthetic by NB employee who posts on here
Expand Quote
Any NB insiders can confirm if these are synth or leather?  The black ones look like genuine suede but these white ones look more synth-y, and I know other 425s have been synth.  https://www.newbalance.com/pd/all-coasts-425/AM425V1-33463.html#dwvar_AM425V1-33463_style=AM425WWW&dwvar_AM425V1-33463_width=D&pid=AM425V1-33463&quantity=1

[close]
White ones are synthetic.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1144 on: May 07, 2021, 08:58:55 AM »
eS coming through with the goods:
https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/eS-SU21-Catalog/34/
There’s no way I would have guessed those accel slims were vegan!
Now we just need a vegan swift 1.5 and Quattro

Dead to Me

• Rep: 74
« Reply #1145 on: May 07, 2021, 09:17:01 AM »
Finally some different vegan accel slim colorways. The white/black ones are sick

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1146 on: May 07, 2021, 09:32:14 AM »
yeah i didn't realize those blue ones were going to be the beyond suede (even tho it looks like leather but whatev) also!  too bad they fit like absolute shit.

vegangangzta

« Reply #1147 on: May 08, 2021, 10:09:01 PM »
Did anyone order the Silo SC?

Need to know how the fit is...this is what I usually wear

Evant 11.5
Symbol 11.5
Accel 11
Accel Plus Slim 11

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1148 on: May 08, 2021, 10:25:10 PM »
Have heard the SC wears close to regular eS sizing as opposed the puffier ones where you have to 0.5 size up. Don’t quote me though, haven’t tried on a pair yet...

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1149 on: May 10, 2021, 07:47:52 AM »
Vegan skate shoe plug on insta is claiming that NB confirmed that the 213s use leather?
@rothdigga you heard about this?

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1150 on: May 10, 2021, 08:06:26 AM »
Vegan skate shoe plug on insta is claiming that NB confirmed that the 213s use leather?
I'm gonna go ahead and say this was probably a mistake on either party's part by confusing them with every other 213 release that has indeed used genuine leather/suede. All the press materials on this particular release have specified synth, can't imagine they'd fuck it up that bad. 

rothdigga

• Rep: 574
« Reply #1151 on: May 10, 2021, 10:06:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I'm gonna go ahead and say this was probably a mistake on either party's part by confusing them with every other 213 release that has indeed used genuine leather/suede. All the press materials on this particular release have specified synth, can't imagine they'd fuck it up that bad.
Regular NM213's use leather but the Samarria NM213SAM was all synthetic and canvas.  I surely hope there wasn't any confusion that suggested that ALL 213's were synthetic.  Only the Samarria is.  As is the new 255FRV Franky shoe as well as our NM420's that we have.  Hope that clears it up. 

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1152 on: May 10, 2021, 02:47:05 PM »
Thanks @rothdigga, legend as always!
Apparently the German customer service fucked up big time, false alarm! Still bummed that they won’t make it to Japan, anyone out there tried them yet?

coneklr

« Reply #1153 on: May 10, 2021, 02:50:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Regular NM213's use leather but the Samarria NM213SAM was all synthetic and canvas.  I surely hope there wasn't any confusion that suggested that ALL 213's were synthetic.  Only the Samarria is.  As is the new 255FRV Franky shoe as well as our NM420's that we have.  Hope that clears it up.

Wait @rothdigga are the 420's still around?  I feel like I haven't seen them in a minute which is too bad as I was a big fan.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 03:24:04 PM by coneklr »

culdesac

• Rep: -9
« Reply #1154 on: May 10, 2021, 03:36:34 PM »
Thanks @rothdigga, legend as always!
Apparently the German customer service fucked up big time, false alarm! Still bummed that they won’t make it to Japan, anyone out there tried them yet?

Got some on ice, will be skating shortly and will give an update.

Not sure of anyone's size, but chane.com has some of the 420s in stock. Grabbed what I could in my size.

Cubz

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1155 on: May 10, 2021, 10:42:15 PM »

Evant 11.5
Symbol 11.5
Accel 11
Accel Plus Slim 11

On the previous page, I said :

I just received the Silo SC, and they're way too chunky for me... So I'll return them, and wait until July for the #NB420...
Btw, I have wide feet and went TTS, they fit great for me.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #1156 on: May 10, 2021, 11:56:45 PM »
Just saw that in the Etnies Summer 2021 catalog.
Synthetic suede 8)

Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 147
« Reply #1157 on: May 11, 2021, 06:33:29 AM »
Etnies is really on their game. Seven vegan shoes, with three made out of largely recycled materials in the new catalog. Most probably aren't skateable but I respect the effort.

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #1158 on: May 11, 2021, 06:43:49 AM »
Expand Quote

Evant 11.5
Symbol 11.5
Accel 11
Accel Plus Slim 11
[close]

On the previous page, I said :

Expand Quote
I just received the Silo SC, and they're way too chunky for me... So I'll return them, and wait until July for the #NB420...
Btw, I have wide feet and went TTS, they fit great for me.
[close]
I just went with my regular size

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

rothdigga

• Rep: 574
« Reply #1159 on: May 11, 2021, 10:25:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Wait @rothdigga are the 420's still around?  I feel like I haven't seen them in a minute which is too bad as I was a big fan.

Got 2 of them in the pipeline for 2021 so one is coming in a couple months then another right after it.  That would give us 4 vegan/animal friendly shoes in 2021...we're making some progress for everyone!

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 84
« Reply #1160 on: May 11, 2021, 12:07:25 PM »
Really looking forward to this Last Resort drop on the 14th... I keep reading different comments... Is it better to get a true to size or like half a size smaller... If anyone knows...

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1161 on: May 11, 2021, 12:45:02 PM »
Really looking forward to this Last Resort drop on the 14th... I keep reading different comments... Is it better to get a true to size or like half a size smaller... If anyone knows...
me too, and i've gone back and forth on this size issue so many times already this week, haha.  I think if you're planning to run them 'stock' then go half size down, but it you have any intention of supplementing the insole then go TTS.  And lastly, check the size guide/tool thing on their website to help reinforce your decision.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1162 on: May 11, 2021, 03:09:11 PM »
Half size gown is the general consensus and probably a fair one; I went true to size and with thick socks they are fine (maybe a tad roomy), but after actually getting the box complete with size chart, it suggested I half size down. I did and I can get my foot in them (with thinner socks) but they are a tad snug. If they stretch out once they are broken in, then half size down will be perfect. If you are borderline on your tts in shoes like eS/ vans (ie no toe room) then tts might be a better idea.

TLDR; sizing is weird but half size down should work for most
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 04:51:07 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

vegangangzta

« Reply #1163 on: May 11, 2021, 03:39:32 PM »
I feel like it’s a great time for vegan skate shoes.

Vans is really lacking though.

You would think they would have faux suede and at least some canvas half cabs right now, since that shoe is making a huge comeback.

My favorites right now are...

Es, Fallen, Etnies and Osiris

Mostly because they’re using faux leather and suede

For canvas I’d go with DC and Last Resort

I love the way the NB420 looks but I’m still adjusting to the shape.

coneklr

« Reply #1164 on: May 11, 2021, 04:32:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Got 2 of them in the pipeline for 2021 so one is coming in a couple months then another right after it.  That would give us 4 vegan/animal friendly shoes in 2021...we're making some progress for everyone!

@rothdigga Thank you for the reply my dude!  Do you have any pull on getting a color way made?  There was an older New Balance that had the best color way ever and I'd love to see it on a 420

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 147
« Reply #1165 on: May 11, 2021, 05:26:18 PM »

You would think they would have faux suede and at least some canvas half cabs right now, since that shoe is making a huge comeback.

Especially since Vans just repurposed their skate line, I was hoping to see better vegan options with the change. I skated those waxed canvas slip-ons that were pretty good; I still wear them now as a casual shoe and they held up like a tank. But I think they've just kinda settled with the few basic canvas shoes, which is a shame. I like a lot of their models (ex. Crockett, AVE, Berle, Rowan), and I could find myself buying them exclusively if they started incorporating some synthetics and faux leather. You'd think since they've been doing vegan shoes for so long, that they'd be at the forefront of brands incorporating better vegan materials, but I guess not.

vegangangzta

« Reply #1166 on: May 11, 2021, 06:28:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Especially since Vans just repurposed their skate line, I was hoping to see better vegan options with the change. I skated those waxed canvas slip-ons that were pretty good; I still wear them now as a casual shoe and they held up like a tank. But I think they've just kinda settled with the few basic canvas shoes, which is a shame. I like a lot of their models (ex. Crockett, AVE, Berle, Rowan), and I could find myself buying them exclusively if they started incorporating some synthetics and faux leather. You'd think since they've been doing vegan shoes for so long, that they'd be at the forefront of brands incorporating better vegan materials, but I guess not.

Yeah you would think vans would be at the forefront...

Just saw there’s a second SILO SC colorway coming in the fall, as well as a new Accel Slim and Quatro!!! thank you eS

Also, I feel like one of you guys mentioned this shoe before and someone said it wasn't vegan, but the description says it's all textile and synthetic...

https://www.adidas.com/us/busenitz-pro-shoes/G48060.html?cm_mmc=AdieSEM_Feeds-_-GoogleProductAds-_-NA-_-G48060&cm_mmca1=US&cm_mmca2=NA&dfw_tracker=24819-G48060-0009&ds_rl=1257009&ds_rl=1257012&gclid=CjwKCAjw1uiEBhBzEiwAO9B_HXwaVyBQonKGqvN1Yth7xdCM7O6_uZWos7hyHlE4WcctUpFX3ddZYhoCOvgQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&kpid=G48060&sourceid=543457011
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 07:26:44 PM by vegangangzta »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1167 on: May 11, 2021, 07:33:37 PM »
Vans had that pro old skool BMX in all ya th if you remember, but yeah vans is sleeping at the moment. How do they actually keep sending Ryan Lay non-vegan shoes? Like wtf?

Wait, eS is dropping a vegan Quattro? Oh down! What colour?

Those adidas were debunked multiple times and they STILL haven’t fixed the description 😭

vegangangzta

« Reply #1168 on: May 11, 2021, 08:01:50 PM »
Vans had that pro old skool BMX in all ya th if you remember, but yeah vans is sleeping at the moment. How do they actually keep sending Ryan Lay non-vegan shoes? Like wtf?

Wait, eS is dropping a vegan Quattro? Oh down! What colour?

Those adidas were debunked multiple times and they STILL haven’t fixed the description 😭

Is he even vegan though? Think he just eats vegetables...

The Quattro is light grey. Looks dope!! The brown SILO SC looks super fresh as well.

I really wanna like the Accel slim but it's kinda narrow. Maybe I just need to size up.

And damn, oh well. I'd much rather support eS anyway.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1169 on: May 11, 2021, 11:11:43 PM »
Ryan Lay is vegan and was every adamant that his Etnies pro model was too!

Oh wow, I’m excited about those eS models now, are they FA 2021 scheduled?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 11:51:25 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »