Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 171859 times)

sebbo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #1770 on: February 12, 2023, 09:19:31 AM »
Is the sole of the accel slim better than the one from the swift?
The grip of the swift is getting flatter after about 6-7 sessions.
I like the thinner sole overall but landing primo hurts like hell compared to the nyjah.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1771 on: February 12, 2023, 10:31:19 AM »
I like the thinner sole overall but landing primo hurts like hell compared to the nyjah.
The accel slim sole is real thin, which I appreciated as a mainly vulc guy. But the shoe is absurdly narrow overall which was the dealbreaker for me.

sebbo

« Reply #1772 on: February 14, 2023, 05:15:36 PM »
Here's a photo of the wear on my caspians. I'm primarily a low-impact ledge/curb/manny pad guy and this is somewhere between 5-10 sessions in

How is the sole of the caspian? Is it a little thicker and has more support, or are all soles similar on és shoes?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1773 on: February 14, 2023, 08:03:22 PM »
I would say no, accel slim feels almost vulc! Get some vegan spanlys if you don’t like the swift 🌱

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

sebbo

« Reply #1774 on: February 15, 2023, 12:54:49 AM »
Yeah, that's on my mind as well. It is on sale on the Emerica site but unfortunately not available in my size at the moment.
I like the swift comfort and skate wise but the thin sole is bugging me, as it has no protection at all.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 03:36:26 AM by sebbo »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1775 on: February 15, 2023, 04:33:49 AM »
Yeah, that's on my mind as well. It is on sale on the Emerica site but unfortunately not available in my size at the moment.
I like the swift comfort and skate wise but the thin sole is bugging me, as it has no protection at all.
spanlys will be right up your alley then! Or you can wait for the summer until the vegan NB# 440s drop!

NoochSauce

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1776 on: February 15, 2023, 09:55:40 PM »
Muska said the first éS drop of his shoe won’t be vegan, but he will make sure there are options in the future. Stoked on that and hoping the Creager reissue will get the same treatment

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1777 on: February 15, 2023, 10:44:15 PM »
Muska said the first éS drop of his shoe won’t be vegan, but he will make sure there are options in the future. Stoked on that and hoping the Creager reissue will get the same treatment

They’re reissuing the éS Muska? My favorite shoe from my teenage years! 😍

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1778 on: February 16, 2023, 01:25:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lots of pics in the main shoe thread!
Funny, I remember Muska on Supra saying that he wanted to drop vegan shoes …

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1779 on: February 16, 2023, 01:37:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Damn. I never check that as it’s too much for me. Maybe I have to go take a look now.  :o

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1780 on: February 16, 2023, 06:33:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Damn. I never check that as it’s too much for me. Maybe I have to go take a look now.  :o
looks like the Muska resissues are going to be animal leather this time around tho  >:(

NoochSauce

« Reply #1781 on: February 16, 2023, 08:28:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
looks like the Muska resissues are going to be animal leather this time around tho  >:(

Yeah it’s unfortunate. I think one of the three should have been synthetic. Muska definitely cares though so I’m sure we’ll see a pair sooner than later! I love eS too because I feel like they listen to their customers. We got the OG Accel, Quattro, Silo and they did them in great colors. Overall really glad to see more reissues!!

NoochSauce

« Reply #1782 on: February 17, 2023, 09:01:57 AM »

sebbo

« Reply #1783 on: February 17, 2023, 10:31:43 AM »

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1784 on: February 17, 2023, 10:43:08 AM »
DC website has been pretty well established as being inaccurate. Go back quite a few pages in this thread and you can see multiple posts of people contacting their customer service (presumably 3rd party) who insisted that EVERY pair of DC shoes is synthetic leather.

NoochSauce

« Reply #1785 on: February 17, 2023, 01:14:10 PM »
DC website has been pretty well established as being inaccurate. Go back quite a few pages in this thread and you can see multiple posts of people contacting their customer service (presumably 3rd party) who insisted that EVERY pair of DC shoes is synthetic leather.

Yeah. I don’t get it. I do feel like companies use more synthetics than we’re told, but how as consumers are we supposed to navigate that shit. They did have a vegan friendly labeled lynx zero, but it was just a camo all canvas version. They should bring back the Clockers from back in the day that were canvas, but have the rubber toe cap

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #1786 on: February 17, 2023, 01:38:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
spanlys will be right up your alley then! Or you can wait for the summer until the vegan NB# 440s drop!
where did you see that this was officially happening? (other than what he replied to my comment with)
this would be so sick

Pasta Monster

« Reply #1787 on: February 17, 2023, 01:47:24 PM »
I don’t get DC vegan labels. It’s mostly on canvas shoes like the Manual Hi but never around for canvas models of shoes like the Kalis Mid from the actual skate line. Do they use different glues or are the descriptions just off?

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
where did you see that this was officially happening? (other than what he replied to my comment with)
this would be so sick
rothdigga mentioned it in at least the NB# thread. It’s releasing the same time as the next colorway of #420, if I remember correctly, which probably means around 7/10.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #1788 on: February 17, 2023, 02:33:28 PM »
I don’t get DC vegan labels. It’s mostly on canvas shoes like the Manual Hi but never around for canvas models of shoes like the Kalis Mid from the actual skate line. Do they use different glues or are the descriptions just off?

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
this would be so sick
[close]
rothdigga mentioned it in at least the NB# thread. It’s releasing the same time as the next colorway of #420, if I remember correctly, which probably means around 7/10.
oh yup found it, thank you. that's so exciting

NoochSauce

jkadams

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1790 on: February 19, 2023, 11:12:22 PM »
https://shop.ccs.com/collections/globe/products/globe-gillette-shoes-black-cream

Not entirely clear if the heel strip and other bits of trim are animal or synth.

Design seems a little odd.  I think I'd rather see a canvas/synth version of those high slip on dovers.

sebbo

« Reply #1791 on: February 20, 2023, 02:05:14 AM »
These are dope

https://esskateboarding.com/collections/vegan/products/swift-15-black-white-royal-5101000158-890

And the slim joints for the vulc heads

https://emerica.com/collections/vegan/products/romero-laced-grey-black-yellow-6102000089-038

The sole of the swift after about 3 weeks of skating, 2-3 sessions per week.  :(
The rest is holding up great but losing grip so quickly really sucks.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1792 on: February 20, 2023, 04:42:56 AM »
https://shop.ccs.com/collections/globe/products/globe-gillette-shoes-black-cream

Not entirely clear if the heel strip and other bits of trim are animal or synth.

Design seems a little odd.  I think I'd rather see a canvas/synth version of those high slip on dovers.
The description says synthetic leather so I think these are all good. I’m waiting on the midtop versions that were posted in the main upcoming thread a couple weeks ago (mid gillettes, not the dover)

jkadams

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1793 on: February 20, 2023, 01:51:40 PM »
@kneebone  I'm not seeing the mid gillettes that you mentioned (I tried search, and just clicking back through the upcoming thread, I must be missing them somehow); please post or link here if you have time/inclination

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1794 on: February 20, 2023, 01:59:11 PM »
Anyone skates the Romero laced? They’ve got a vegan colorway in the latest drop …

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1795 on: February 20, 2023, 02:08:53 PM »
Anyone skates the Romero laced? They’ve got a vegan colorway in the latest drop …
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/Emerica-SP23-Catalog
https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/eS-SP23-Catalog
https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/etnies-SP23-Catalog

New SoleTech catalogs are released. Emerica with one paltry new option: a Romero Laced, like it's 2014 or some shit.
Fun while it lasted I guess.
[close]
The romero looks really cool. Wonder how they skate. The seem to have no cushioning or heel protection at all.
The és melange also looks really sick.
[close]
I've had a few pairs over the years and the Romero Laced is probably the thinnest, most unsupportive skate-specific shoe you can buy. It's one step up from skating barefoot. I often also skate in Vans Skate/Pro Authentics, and when I would switch between the two, the Authentics felt so much more substantive and supportive, which is really saying a lot.
I posted my review here on the previous page. My last were the grey canvas ones with the clear icy blue sole. Mayyybe the synthetic suede ones will feel a little more substantive but I doubt it. They have to last longer than the canvas ones tho, I blew ollie holes thru them in one 45 min curb session

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1796 on: February 20, 2023, 02:13:43 PM »
@kneebone  I'm not seeing the mid gillettes that you mentioned (I tried search, and just clicking back through the upcoming thread, I must be missing them somehow); please post or link here if you have time/inclination
page 1568

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1797 on: February 20, 2023, 05:36:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/Emerica-SP23-Catalog
https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/eS-SP23-Catalog
https://soletechnology-catalogues.cld.bz/etnies-SP23-Catalog

New SoleTech catalogs are released. Emerica with one paltry new option: a Romero Laced, like it's 2014 or some shit.
Fun while it lasted I guess.
[close]
The romero looks really cool. Wonder how they skate. The seem to have no cushioning or heel protection at all.
The és melange also looks really sick.
[close]
I've had a few pairs over the years and the Romero Laced is probably the thinnest, most unsupportive skate-specific shoe you can buy. It's one step up from skating barefoot. I often also skate in Vans Skate/Pro Authentics, and when I would switch between the two, the Authentics felt so much more substantive and supportive, which is really saying a lot.
[close]
I posted my review here on the previous page. My last were the grey canvas ones with the clear icy blue sole. Mayyybe the synthetic suede ones will feel a little more substantive but I doubt it. They have to last longer than the canvas ones tho, I blew ollie holes thru them in one 45 min curb session
fucking hell, they don’t sound like anything I’d like to put anywhere near my feet…
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 05:52:54 PM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1798 on: February 20, 2023, 09:53:31 PM »
Those Gillettes seem sorta interesting but why are they so expensive. It’s just a basic vulc, no?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1799 on: February 20, 2023, 10:18:20 PM »
Those Gillettes seem sorta interesting but why are they so expensive. It’s just a basic vulc, no?
I probably just buy vegan LRABs instead tbh… (if I still skated vulcs)