Author Topic: low key heroin epidemic  (Read 12531 times)

Maggie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65488
low key heroin epidemic
« on: July 24, 2017, 05:18:27 PM »
gahhh don't want to open an old wound but it sounds like a bunch of skaters are/were on the horse.. phelps telling that kid about wastell's issues with dope.. eric fletcher's affiliation with shane.. greco and the piss drunx.. $lave rumors.. stay off that stuff.

thank you

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
Re: low key heroin epidemic
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 05:32:38 PM »
This is weird why would you start this fucking thread

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 05:37:19 PM »
Never low key, heroin can turn an honor student into- best case, robbing their best friend.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 05:40:28 PM »
It's just dog drugs they said, just this one time they said...

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 05:52:28 PM »
i'm not here to call people out.. the people i listed are either dead or open about their drug use.. i'm here to spread awareness.

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 06:04:16 PM »
Never low key, heroin can turn an honor student into- best case, robbing their best friend.

then helping them look for stuff after they stole it
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 06:13:07 PM »
i'm not here to call people out.. the people i listed are either dead or open about their drug use.. i'm here to spread awareness.
I live outside of Baltimore. Pretty fucking aware and quite sure people outside of here is as well.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 06:55:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I live outside of Baltimore. Pretty fucking aware and quite sure people outside of here is as well.

Same. We used to have "Stop Drunk Driving" signs and now we have "Stop Overdoses" signs. If you're trying to spread awareness your approach was kinda wack
p-shuvs and v-flips

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 616
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 06:57:53 PM »

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 07:18:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Where outside of Baltimore? I'm in the same area.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

A.J.K.

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 07:56:05 PM »
phelps telling that kid about wastell's issues with dope..

Details on this? I remember rumours that pills were involved in his death, but first I've heard of him and heroin.

midevilco

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2017, 07:56:59 PM »
Lost my only brother to this shit.

If you know and love someone that is caught up, don't ever give up, but don't let them lie to you. If the signs they are using are there, they are.

If you are using, confide in someone you love and trust, and be honest with them and be honest with yourself. Small steps. Figure out a way to stop and make it happen. Commit. You and your family deserve it. You can't image how much it will hurt the people that love you when you are gone.  

Kolostrum

• Rep: 21
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2017, 08:25:00 PM »

slothflip

• Rep: -9
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2017, 08:48:51 PM »

I assume thats real? wtf would they print that for? fucking clown shoes 

Grampa

• Rep: 151
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2017, 08:52:10 PM »
There's nothing low key about the heroin epidemic right now. If anything, it's probably worse outside of skateboarding. Three people I grew up with on my street are dead because of it. My parents regularly have to run people off who are shooting up in their cars in front of my parents' house.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2017, 08:57:04 PM »
gahhh don't want to open an old wound but it sounds like a bunch of skaters are/were on the horse.. phelps telling that kid about wastell's issues with dope.. eric fletcher's affiliation with shane.. greco and the piss drunx.. $lave rumors.. stay off that stuff.

thank you

Low key? What part of the world do you live in? I'm from Long Island, and for the past two years I've had at least three people I know die monthly from heroin. That number has increased over the past six months with fentanyl coming in cheap from China & being used as cheap cut, or sometimes being sold raw as "heroin."

Half of the people I emulated ten years ago are all dead. It's really sad, and I could go on forever about how ill equipped the system is to handle how widespread the epidemic has become. However, it'd be a broken record.

Anyway, heroin has always been a thing in skateboarding. Always has been, always will be. It's a part of every facet of society now, so it's no surprise it's a part of our little microcosm.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2017, 09:33:39 PM »
I've been hearing more and more about heroin everyday. Friends of friends dying. It's getting pretty insane.

patrick c.

• Rep: 25
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2017, 09:44:05 PM »
Don't want to downplay how destructive this can be for all involved but thought this thread would be about this Heroin:
All you got is today, get out and skate.

calvinsdream

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2017, 10:35:23 PM »
In ohio it's horrible. My coworker there at the time lost three friends in less months.

IHOP

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2017, 02:15:52 AM »
I like Heroin Skateboards a lot but will never buy anything of theirs due to the name.  Drug is destroying my hometown and more than half of my childhood friends, name sucks so bad for a brand.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2017, 02:59:42 AM »
I like Heroin Skateboards a lot but will never buy anything of theirs due to the name.  Drug is destroying my hometown and more than half of my childhood friends, name sucks so bad for a brand.

They should change the name to "methadone skateboards" to make up for the time they have been called heroin.
Anyway, ron is shit i have 3 good friends under soil and a few others mentally devastated from years of use.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

BlacklistedUK

• Rep: 55
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2017, 04:25:01 AM »
In Foz' defense, he's straight edge and named the brand that to signify how addictive skateboarding is. Also, Heroin the brand is British in origin and heroin use in the UK is virtually none existent in the youth (less than 2400 users in the 18-24 bracket in 2016, in a total population of 65m).

That said, given the problems currently faced in the States, it's understandable that it appears somewhat inappropriate.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2017, 04:47:50 AM »
In Foz' defense, he's straight edge and named the brand that to signify how addictive skateboarding is. Also, Heroin the brand is British in origin and heroin use in the UK is virtually none existent in the youth (less than 2400 users in the 18-24 bracket in 2016, in a total population of 65m).

That said, given the problems currently faced in the States, it's understandable that it appears somewhat inappropriate.

D.O.T. DIY

• Rep: -45
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2017, 05:13:29 AM »
I think almost everybody has a friend, family member, or definitely has an "old" friend that uses this shit. Low-key is highly the wrong word to use, more like it's everywhere and all over the news. I personally know more people than I can count on one hand that currently use, in jail,  in rehab, or just got clean. It's sad knowing I have friends who probably won't make it to be 30 years old, won't ever know their kids, or how much everyone wishes they would get better.

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 06:23:44 AM »

Lost my only brother to this shit.

If you know and love someone that is caught up, don't ever give up, but don't let them lie to you. If the signs they are using are there, they are.

If you are using, confide in someone you love and trust, and be honest with them and be honest with yourself. Small steps. Figure out a way to stop and make it happen. Commit. You and your family deserve it. You can't image how much it will hurt the people that love you when you are gone.  

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2017, 06:24:25 AM »
Where I live in Jersey it's pretty bad. Almost 15% of my graduating class has died from overdosing. We used to have a DYI spot at a abandoned hockey rink and one day we pulled up and there were a ton of cops and ambulances. Turns out some local kid overdosed in the penalty box.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2017, 07:05:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

heroin use is pretty much a deathwish. thats what im getting from it. bad taste, sure, but definitely not the most offensive thing ive seen on a skateboard. for what its worth, i just checked out the rest of their graphics and i think theyre the best theyve been in years. more than a few i could see myself skating.

ive been more than vocal about my brothers addiction and how thats affected my family and i. even though hes doing well for himself right now, the drug has done so much damage to his life. physically hes healthy right now, but his teeth are completely fucked from years of using. my family continues to have trust issues with him because of all the lying and stealing, and as much as i love him, i dont know what it would take for me to trust him at my place alone or with my car. hes 25 and my parents pretty much have to treat him like hes 15 because of his past. i cant imagine the mental toll its taken on him knowing that his life is the way it is because drugs, but at least hes not living that way anymore. he lived for a long time waking up sick, stealing what he needed to get high for that day and not caring if he died because death just meant he didnt have to do the same thing the next day. its terrible.

dont make the mistake of using herion or opiates. they will suck your soul away and leave you with nothing. if my brother didnt have my family to support him, he wouldve been dead several times over by now. if you use, get help. your life is worth a lot more than you think it is.

badfomyhealth

• Rep: 7
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2017, 08:21:50 AM »
Defintely not a low-key epidemic in CA 

Badformyhealth is a severe alcoholic, confirmed.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2017, 09:25:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

heroin use is pretty much a deathwish. thats what im getting from it. bad taste, sure, but definitely not the most offensive thing ive seen on a skateboard. for what its worth, i just checked out the rest of their graphics and i think theyre the best theyve been in years. more than a few i could see myself skating.

ive been more than vocal about my brothers addiction and how thats affected my family and i. even though hes doing well for himself right now, the drug has done so much damage to his life. physically hes healthy right now, but his teeth are completely fucked from years of using. my family continues to have trust issues with him because of all the lying and stealing, and as much as i love him, i dont know what it would take for me to trust him at my place alone or with my car. hes 25 and my parents pretty much have to treat him like hes 15 because of his past. i cant imagine the mental toll its taken on him knowing that his life is the way it is because drugs, but at least hes not living that way anymore. he lived for a long time waking up sick, stealing what he needed to get high for that day and not caring if he died because death just meant he didnt have to do the same thing the next day. its terrible.

dont make the mistake of using herion or opiates. they will suck your soul away and leave you with nothing. if my brother didnt have my family to support him, he wouldve been dead several times over by now. if you use, get help. your life is worth a lot more than you think it is.

Sometimes distance is required in order to break any sort of enablement, but it's always good to be there for them when they're trying to do the right thing and clean up. It takes several attempts before you get it right, and it takes several years after getting clean to mend the broken trust that resulted from using. I too would be dead/ in prison if I didn't have family and friends who genuinely cared about me and supported my recovery, and I owe them the world for being there when I needed them most.

The hardest part is accepting that no matter how badly you want someone to clean up, they need to want it for themselves in order for it to happen; as much as we want to choose the path that our loved ones follow, the best we can do is help them manage their options and keep the right doors open for them in hopes that they eventually walk through them. However, the moment someone hits their bottom & ends up committing to change will be the same moment that they'll begin to rise back up to where they should be.

You're a good brother, and your brother is lucky to have someone like you in his corner.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2017, 09:26:33 AM »
Dude it's fucked up how nice of a place I live, but you hear about people getting busted for heroin or meth every other day.