Author Topic: Cory's Out.  (Read 26672 times)

NFLYoungboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Cory's Out.
« on: January 09, 2018, 08:42:06 PM »
For those who care, Sk8rat posted this clip, claiming this was from a week ago. Could be wrong, but if this is the case, I'm torn between being stoked to see he's skating and doing okay, and cringing at the thought of how his life's going to play out from now on. Thoughts? Comments?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdwPM3XBzSc/

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
Re: Cory's Out.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 08:46:55 PM »
Just glad to see him back on a board and trying to live a normal life. No idea what is happening with the court proceedings. I'm pretty sure he was granted bail immediately.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 09:43:55 PM »
Just glad to see him back on a board and trying to live a normal life. No idea what is happening with the court proceedings. I'm pretty sure he was granted bail immediately.

didn't someone post saying that he had no pending court dates maybe 2 weeks after? maybe it got dropped? nike got money and when your names on a shoe for them I'm sure that goes a little further.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 09:45:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

didn't someone post saying that he had no pending court dates maybe 2 weeks after? maybe it got dropped? nike got money and when your names on a shoe for them I'm sure that goes a little further.
I think stuff along those lines have been said, but I have no idea if its true.

If it was dropped that quick, my guess is his bloodwork came back below .08. Because I think at the scene he blew .10

doublesteveburger

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 09:56:44 PM »
stoked to see this.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 10:02:38 PM »
"The investigation into a fatal crash that left a 45-year-old man dead and a 26-year-old pro skateboarder facing a vehicular homicide charge continues.

Cory Kennedy appeared in court last Tuesday, but no charges have been filed in connection with the incident..."

http://www.vashonbeachcomber.com/news/probe-into-cory-kennedy-crash-continues/

Everything I've read about it has said he hasn't actually been charged with anything. At least not yet anyway.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 10:03:52 PM »
I hope he goes sober from all this and just kills it at skating. I think the biggest tribute to P-Stone would just to continue to be a proper skateboarder.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

soccer mom

• Rep: -17
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 10:30:00 PM »
stoked on this, I love Cory, super cool guy and he rip's,love p stone and i'm sure he's smiling down on Cory out skating, doing the p stone laugh when ck1 pulls something crazy/random out of nowhere and rides away.
 good luck Cory

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 10:30:47 PM »
I hope he goes sober from all this and just kills it at skating. I think the biggest tribute to P-Stone would just to continue to be a proper skateboarder.
Would be a great thing to see, but he's probably need therapy that was a gnarly life-changing event

Didn't someone say that P-Stone's family wasn't gonna press charges or something (haven't really been on that thread)
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 10:46:48 PM »
I don't really see how a hard sentence would help, but sure as fuck this leads to a change i his habits.

Hard to say. I mean, there is zero exuse for driving wasted.

badfomyhealth

• Rep: 7
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 10:52:38 PM »
I hope he goes sober from all this and just kills it at skating. I think the biggest tribute to P-Stone would just to continue to be a proper skateboarder and grill master.

Badformyhealth is a severe alcoholic, confirmed.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 11:04:44 PM »
Expand Quote
I hope he goes sober from all this and just kills it at skating. I think the biggest tribute to P-Stone would just to continue to be a proper skateboarder and grill master.
[close]
you don't hope he gets sober???

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 11:07:41 PM »
I don't really see how a hard sentence would help, but sure as fuck this leads to a change i his habits.

Hard to say. I mean, there is zero exuse for driving wasted.

This. He's has to live with this shit everyday anyway, that would be enough for anyone. Good to see him skating.

It's hard to imagine he would get off scot-free from this, as in he wouldn't be charged at all? But it's been like 4 months, shouldn't he have been charged by now, even if the court proceedings haven't started yet?

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 11:12:24 PM »
P-Stones family wouldn't have much of a say in regards to criminal charges unless things are wildly different in the states, also surely he would charged with something wouldn't he, didn't he have THC in his system? Maybe not the full on vehicular manslaughter but I would have though he would have been charged with something.

Regardless good to see him free and skating, I think that could help his recovery.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2018, 11:23:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Would be a great thing to see, but he's probably need therapy that was a gnarly life-changing event

Didn't someone say that P-Stone's family wasn't gonna press charges or something (haven't really been on that thread)

Therapy is never a bad thing. I think a lot of skaters could use therapy. Perhaps to ease his conscious more, he should help P-Stone's family financially. I think jail time is sort of unnecessary but that's just not how the justice system works. 4 months or however time isn't the end of the world.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

badfomyhealth

• Rep: 7
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 11:33:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Going sober isn't changing what happened, just don't drink and drive anymore. IMO going sober isn't a way of paying respect for the guy or fixing anything.. Dudes logo was his face on beer can.

If he wants to go sober cheers to him, but grabbing a beer every now and then to remember a homie you drank with isn't bad either.

Sober or not I'd still watch his skating.

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2018, 12:20:20 AM »
Stoked to see Cory out skating, one of my favorites for sure.  I’m sure the last thing P-Stone would have wanted was for Cory to stop skateboarding. 

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2018, 12:25:31 AM »
P-Stones family wouldn't have much of a say in regards to criminal charges unless things are wildly different in the states, also surely he would charged with something wouldn't he, didn't he have THC in his system? Maybe not the full on vehicular manslaughter but I would have though he would have been charged with something.

Regardless good to see him free and skating, I think that could help his recovery.
They could probably ask for leniency at sentencing. But, its unlikely an elected DA would not press charges due to the family not asking for charges. They after to view the macro issue, and if they let him off and he did something stupid again like drink and drive that results in another death (just talking in general, not about Cory specifically) it would look really bad for all parties involved.

I don't think this is a major story outside the skateboarding community, so I just wonder if there was never a follow-up on the story by those local news outlets. I hope for Cory that he is in the clear, what he has to live with is terrible. I mean, we are talking about a guy who made a mistake that killed a close friend. Someone who had moved up to live near him and hang-out. He probably interacted with P-Stone's kids countless times, and I can't imagine that guilt.

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2018, 03:23:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I think stuff along those lines have been said, but I have no idea if its true.

If it was dropped that quick, my guess is his bloodwork came back below .08. Because I think at the scene he blew .10

If he only blew .10 the accident would have happened at .00 just the same. .10 is like 2 tall boys

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2018, 04:31:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Therapy is never a bad thing. I think a lot of skaters could use therapy. Perhaps to ease his conscious more, he should help P-Stone's family financially. I think jail time is sort of unnecessary but that's just not how the justice system works. 4 months or however time isn't the end of the world.

This!

SOTY

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2018, 06:24:40 AM »
Y'all claiming to know what a stranger should be doing and what a dead man would've wanted... ???

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2018, 06:40:50 AM »
great to see that clip

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2018, 07:00:15 AM »
Is it wrong that I hope he doesn't get charged with anything because I think he's already been punished enough?

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2018, 07:52:07 AM »
When I read the title I thought Cory Duffel was out of the closet...

dstrytruitt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2018, 08:12:38 AM »
Y'all claiming to know what a stranger should be doing and what a dead man would've wanted... ???

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2018, 08:19:02 AM »
Any word on his sponsors?

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

hartpijn

• Rep: -3
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2018, 08:27:40 AM »
Any word on his sponsors?

Pretty sure Girl said they were gonna have his back through all of this. He's also still on the Nike team page

BigManTing

• Rep: 0
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2018, 09:10:27 AM »
Yeah, he's still got pro models on Girl coming out

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2018, 09:17:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Going sober isn't changing what happened, just don't drink and drive anymore. IMO going sober isn't a way of paying respect for the guy or fixing anything.. Dudes logo was his face on beer can.

If he wants to go sober cheers to him, but grabbing a beer every now and then to remember a homie you drank with isn't bad either.

Sober or not I'd still watch his skating.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

louie the taurus

• Rep: -119
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2018, 09:21:39 AM »
would you say the same about ali boulala? (back then)