Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 540612 times)

sammyz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 82
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #4230 on: December 16, 2021, 01:35:44 AM »
Fyi…for aussie skaters anyway…chico responded and said shipping is same for multiple decks.

Good timing too…as my Nicky Guerrero deck snapped after 3 skates! Didnt even do anything big or land in a bad way…really pisses me off as i was enjoying the set up.

Anyway…anyone know if Chico rides indys or thunders? I think i read somewhere he was riding indy 149’s on his 9” decks?

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #4231 on: December 16, 2021, 02:56:16 AM »
Fyi…for aussie skaters anyway…chico responded and said shipping is same for multiple decks.

Good timing too…as my Nicky Guerrero deck snapped after 3 skates! Didnt even do anything big or land in a bad way…really pisses me off as i was enjoying the set up.

Anyway…anyone know if Chico rides indys or thunders? I think i read somewhere he was riding indy 149’s on his 9” decks?

How much is it going to cost you to get one here? If you don't mind me asking

I like em all.. 

Chico skates indys btw

sammyz

« Reply #4232 on: December 16, 2021, 03:32:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How much is it going to cost you to get one here? If you don't mind me asking

I like em all.. 

Chico skates indys btw

Postage is USD$60…so for it to cost the same as buying from a shop, id have to get 3…then it cost about AUD$125 per deck

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4233 on: December 16, 2021, 04:06:55 AM »
Good to know. Thanks

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4234 on: December 16, 2021, 09:13:56 PM »
I just copped one, shipping was $45 to Japan so it worked out a tad more expensive than buying a board locally

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Frank and Fred

« Reply #4235 on: December 16, 2021, 09:17:40 PM »
Good to see the OG Boy Boy shape available again.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4236 on: December 16, 2021, 09:47:17 PM »

A couple of others had issues with quality of Powell decks recently, at least one guy did put in a successful warranty claim on it, which also cracked / snapped within the first few skates.

Might be an option for you.

sammyz

« Reply #4237 on: December 17, 2021, 03:07:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

A couple of others had issues with quality of Powell decks recently, at least one guy did put in a successful warranty claim on it, which also cracked / snapped within the first few skates.

Might be an option for you.

Might give it a go.

Ended up getting the chico deck…can’t wait! Gonna be fun

notacrediblewitness

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4238 on: December 17, 2021, 04:09:08 PM »

I'm thinking of getting one of these  for the park/transition (or the GT 9" Totem).. Reckon Indy 159's would be too narrow? Switch to 169? Switch to Ace?

Looks like you've had no shortage of wheel bite!

I was riding indy 159's before the Aces on 9" boards for a few years. I put two washers on the inside of each wheel (on the 159s) to get them a little further out.

I don't really notice the difference in size, but the af1 66s are better for me than the indy's in every way.

The wheel bite is mostly from slappys I think, as I don't slam much because of it. Gotta get that pinch!

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #4239 on: December 18, 2021, 10:54:22 AM »
Now’s the time to grab a Donovan and Crusty deck:

Yeah cross post but figured it’d be more useful here.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4240 on: December 18, 2021, 04:21:15 PM »
Now’s the time to grab a Donovan and Crusty deck:

Yeah cross post but figured it’d be more useful here.

I would say they are the closest to the Dane 1 if anyone is missing Polar big boards.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 725
« Reply #4241 on: December 18, 2021, 06:31:46 PM »
Cross posting from the set-up thread:

Dane 1 with Indy Ti 169s is my favorite setup combination I’ve skated all year

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #4242 on: December 19, 2021, 03:40:16 AM »
there's a new Krooked Beamer out

some dork has a couple of them on ebay for $500.. they don't appear to be numbered

Love my ghost Beamer. A fuckin weiiiird board to ride. super light for its size.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4243 on: December 20, 2021, 11:31:31 PM »
Cross posting from the set-up thread:

Dane 1 with Indy Ti 169s is my favorite setup combination I’ve skated all year

that looks like fun..

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #4244 on: December 21, 2021, 07:33:00 AM »
Expand Quote
there's a new Krooked Beamer out

some dork has a couple of them on ebay for $500.. they don't appear to be numbered
[close]

Love my ghost Beamer. A fuckin weiiiird board to ride. super light for its size.
where did you end up getting one?

I haven't set mine up yet.. probably gonna wait till the spring at this point

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #4245 on: December 21, 2021, 09:42:02 AM »
Anyone riding the Krooked Eyes 9.3? Curious about the taper over the back trucks…

SR ACF

• Rep: -291
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4246 on: December 23, 2021, 04:43:57 AM »
Stepping up to a 9" Polar Dane Brady and Ace trucks has made me a better skateboarder at 35 years of age and 100kg. Those wheel wells make ALL the difference for me. I ride 54 wheels and softish trucks and used to have wheelbites all the time. Not anymore

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4247 on: December 23, 2021, 09:08:23 PM »
Stepping up to a 9" Polar Dane Brady and Ace trucks has made me a better skateboarder at 35 years of age and 100kg. Those wheel wells make ALL the difference for me. I ride 54 wheels and softish trucks and used to have wheelbites all the time. Not anymore

never tried decks with wheel wells.i think i should.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4248 on: December 24, 2021, 11:50:18 PM »

This one popped up on something else and I thought of this thread.

Saint Marks, from Sydney, Australia, reminds me a lot of Polar in more than a few ways, which I guess is a plus.

https://www.saintmarksskateboards.com/

Made in Mexico 

(guessing Clutch but could be BBS)

Dims:

8.9" front trucks.

9.4" widest point.

8.6" back trucks.

One online shop had it had 9.4 x 32.5 with 15 wb, but I could not say for sure.

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #4249 on: December 25, 2021, 06:30:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

never tried decks with wheel wells.i think i should.

Yes, yes, you should. If there’s a downside I can’t think of it - ok, more prone to impact damage because of reduced thickness, but it’s not an area that takes a lot of hits. Also, very easy to add your own. All you really need is sandpaper and something round wheel size or a bit bigger about a foot long.

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
« Reply #4250 on: December 25, 2021, 10:15:03 AM »
Dremel and drum bits. They’re awful quality bits and I went through 9 of them to do one board. Ugly but effective results.

foureyedjim

« Reply #4251 on: December 25, 2021, 06:26:59 PM »

This one popped up on something else and I thought of this thread.

Saint Marks, from Sydney, Australia, reminds me a lot of Polar in more than a few ways, which I guess is a plus.

https://www.saintmarksskateboards.com/

Made in Mexico 

(guessing Clutch but could be BBS)

Dims:

8.9" front trucks.

9.4" widest point.

8.6" back trucks.

One online shop had it had 9.4 x 32.5 with 15 wb, but I could not say for sure.

These are beautiful graphics

sammyz

« Reply #4252 on: January 01, 2022, 09:49:56 PM »
Cross post from set up thread…as its definitely more relevant here…setup one of my chico decks…so much fun!

9 x 32 x 14. Pretty sure its BBS, same sticker on front trucks and made in mexico…assume this is probably public knowledge by now. Im pretty sure its very similar to krooked guest deck, but feels more rounded and tail may be a little wider. Feels like a slightly squarer version of a Brown Bomber.

I love the long tail, feels really comfy and stable and very nimble with the 14” WB.

I set it up Indy 149’s with medium bottom bushing and hard top bushings and 54mm 97a F4

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4253 on: January 02, 2022, 12:41:26 AM »
^^ sick .. did you end up getting 3 of them ??  @sammyz

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4254 on: January 02, 2022, 02:26:04 AM »
Cross post from set up thread…as its definitely more relevant here…setup one of my chico decks…so much fun!

9 x 32 x 14. Pretty sure its BBS, same sticker on front trucks and made in mexico…assume this is probably public knowledge by now. Im pretty sure its very similar to krooked guest deck, but feels more rounded and tail may be a little wider. Feels like a slightly squarer version of a Brown Bomber.

I love the long tail, feels really comfy and stable and very nimble with the 14” WB.

I set it up Indy 149’s with medium bottom bushing and hard top bushings and 54mm 97a F4
dope! Mine is at the port in Yokohama waiting to be delivered. I have a brand new love seat that I need to burn through first though…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

sammyz

« Reply #4255 on: January 02, 2022, 02:49:45 AM »
^^ sick .. did you end up getting 3 of them ??  @sammyz

Yeah man got 3…all three are signed too…so will probably keep one. Hope he does more of these in the future.

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #4256 on: January 02, 2022, 04:03:59 PM »
I really hope Deluxe + Anti Hero continue to make Grosso decks, or at least some with his 9.25 shape with the squared off nose.

Fun shape but not hot on paying eBay prices.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #4257 on: January 02, 2022, 04:28:55 PM »
I really hope Deluxe + Anti Hero continue to make Grosso decks, or at least some with his 9.25 shape with the squared off nose.

Fun shape but not hot on paying eBay prices.

I recently skated the Brian Anderson shape which is the same as the Grosso shape just with a 14.38” wheelbase instead of 14.75”. I loved the deck very much so I hope it stays in production also.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4258 on: January 02, 2022, 05:04:46 PM »

I was too keen asking in the Setups thread, but then read this one.

Thanks for putting up info and pics - really good to see.

Sorry I forgot (but pretty sure you had said before) but did they work out reasonable in overall cost, or still pretty expensive compared to normal AU RRP on pro boards?

I don't need exact details, but I know others were looking at that board - big board with shorter wheelbase being harder to come by than a long board with long wheelbase for the same width and shape.

sammyz

« Reply #4259 on: January 02, 2022, 05:12:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was too keen asking in the Setups thread, but then read this one.

Thanks for putting up info and pics - really good to see.

Sorry I forgot (but pretty sure you had said before) but did they work out reasonable in overall cost, or still pretty expensive compared to normal AU RRP on pro boards?

I don't need exact details, but I know others were looking at that board - big board with shorter wheelbase being harder to come by than a long board with long wheelbase for the same width and shape.

All good man…can confirm after comparing…its the same shape and concave as the Krooked Thunder and Lightning deck he did.

As for pricing, i ended up getting 3…its not cheap, but with 3 the price per deck is on par with prices in Australia. If you buy any less its gonna be expensive as the postage is the same.