Author Topic: Woodshop Directory 2018 Thread  (Read 125682 times)

nosneb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
Re: Woodshop Directory 2018 Thread
« Reply #540 on: November 19, 2018, 04:59:28 AM »
Hit up crailtap maybe they can help you out?

CoMpLeMeNts4U

« Reply #541 on: November 19, 2018, 05:01:16 AM »
Hit up crailtap maybe they can help you out?
Yeah but would they still be printing Cory Kennedy boards?  Probably not. That's the only reason I really wanted it. But I guess maybe they would send a replacement and let me keep this one? Or do they ask you to send it back. I'll see what they say that's probably a good idea.

nosneb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #542 on: November 19, 2018, 05:38:13 AM »
It depends on their policy. There is a chance someone is in a good mood and send you something. Most brand new warranty has been pretty smooth as long as board is 100% brand new.

CoMpLeMeNts4U

« Reply #543 on: November 19, 2018, 06:18:43 AM »
It depends on their policy. There is a chance someone is in a good mood and send you something. Most brand new warranty has been pretty smooth as long as board is 100% brand new.
You're probably right it's still in the plastic too

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #544 on: November 19, 2018, 09:32:52 AM »
Or...... Oh shit whattup it. You've inspired me to purge as well. I'm hoping to go big on Slap secret Santa soon

CoMpLeMeNts4U

« Reply #545 on: November 19, 2018, 09:35:44 AM »
Or...... Oh shit whattup it. You've inspired me to purge as well. I'm hoping to go big on Slap secret Santa soon
[/b]
Sick dude that's what's up. I also looked up a legend known as Coneklr posts the secret Santa game on here is strong. You never know maybe one day soon someone will be like oh shit wuddup a comeup on a factory cracked CK deck.

baustin

• Rep: 118
« Reply #546 on: November 19, 2018, 12:08:19 PM »
Just wanna give a quick heads up to people about Habitat's pricepoint boards

I'm skating one now and it's really great shape and feel wise, however it's not holding up as well as a full price BBS board which perhaps I should have anticipated. What I assume is that although they press them at BBS/Gen (I know because it had the made in Mexico sticker), they use lower quality veneers for the PPs. No stained plies except the top, and I could see some knots in the wood looking at it from the side. All in all it's still been good to me for a $40 deck, just wanted to make it known for those who didn't already know that PP decks from BBS/Gen are definitely less durable even though they skate fine.

OrangeVHStapes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #547 on: November 21, 2018, 11:17:08 AM »
Chapman makes the best feeling board I have ever skated. Amazing shape, weight and everything... Only problem is they break pretty easily. I snapped my last one doing a nollie flip on flat, although I sorta stomped down on it and I am probably pushing close to mid 180s in weight... Maybe I just need to go to the gym or something... Skating a Scum co now, it's close to the champan in shape and weight, really good board...

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #548 on: November 21, 2018, 11:46:08 AM »
So you like heavy boards.....

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #549 on: November 22, 2018, 11:44:24 AM »
Chapman makes the best feeling board I have ever skated. Amazing shape, weight and everything... Only problem is they break pretty easily. I snapped my last one doing a nollie flip on flat, although I sorta stomped down on it and I am probably pushing close to mid 180s in weight... Maybe I just need to go to the gym or something... Skating a Scum co now, it's close to the champan in shape and weight, really good board...

Yeah, same here. My two favorite decks I’ve ridden lately are the Matt reason keys reissue from Chapman/ZY and the Pink Not downey Scumco deck. Pretty much every deep dish or matador concave I’ve ridden from Pennswood is awesome

Velvet

• Rep: -41
  • pat duffy
« Reply #550 on: November 22, 2018, 06:46:41 PM »
is hopps still chapman?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #551 on: November 22, 2018, 11:04:03 PM »
I'm pretty sure....

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #552 on: November 26, 2018, 09:00:54 PM »
Is Ben K's Hockey board BBS?
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #553 on: November 26, 2018, 09:17:37 PM »
https://shop.ccs.com/chocolate-original-chunk-skateboard-deck-chico-brenes-8-75
is this series on the new crail wood?
just swooped one up and I don't want it to be shit wood...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

CoMpLeMeNts4U

« Reply #554 on: November 26, 2018, 09:24:30 PM »
In the photo even it looks like it has the laser so you should be good. I haven't seen any old ones for awhile. That exact Chico board is on the new wood at my local. Also something i've noticed is the older ones have chocolate centered near the back bolts on the top ply but the new have it like that off to the side as well as the "Chocolate" engraving.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 09:28:28 PM by CoMpLeMeNts4U »

CoMpLeMeNts4U

« Reply #555 on: November 26, 2018, 09:33:57 PM »
To me the new crail wood is very similiar look and feel to dwindle resin7 stuff. Crisp feeling and glossy top ply.

Tally810

• Rep: -9
« Reply #556 on: November 26, 2018, 09:35:01 PM »
Is Ben K's Hockey board BBS?
I had the white kosov deck a couple months ago and it was bbs.  Got this deck a couple days ago and it's also bbs.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #557 on: November 26, 2018, 09:42:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
In the photo even it looks like it has the laser so you should be good. I haven't seen any old ones for awhile. That exact Chico board is on the new wood at my local. Also something i've noticed is the older ones have chocolate centered near the back bolts on the top ply but the new have it like that off to the side as well as the "Chocolate" engraving.

cheers mate, I'm glad I could scoop up one on the new wood now that Chico no longer rides for them. Will be tough to decide whether to wall hang it or not but fuck it, he always looked like he was having so much fun on that board ...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

jackduluoz

« Reply #558 on: November 28, 2018, 12:51:31 PM »
Question about measurements. I've heard that PS Stix measures across the curve of the graphic, and most other companies measure straight across the top of the board, no concave. Makes sense. My issue is that I have some decks (Magenta, Theories/traffic) that are apparently BBS/Generator that are supposed to be 8.25 that measure 8.0 across the top, and 8.25 across the curve of the graphic. Am I missing something here? I have some other decks (Hockey) that do not measure what they were listed as on the website, but they have the PS serial number and shit so thats my bad for not researching beforehand. This is driving me crazy because I bought these decks (online, so I couldn't measure them myself) to gradually size up from an 8 to a 8.5ish and they all fucking measure 8.0.

CoMpLeMeNts4U

« Reply #559 on: November 28, 2018, 12:56:43 PM »
Question about measurements. I've heard that PS Stix measures across the curve of the graphic, and most other companies measure straight across the top of the board, no concave. Makes sense. My issue is that I have some decks (Magenta, Theories/traffic) that are apparently BBS/Generator that are supposed to be 8.25 that measure 8.0 across the top, and 8.25 across the curve of the graphic. Am I missing something here? I have some other decks (Hockey) that do not measure what they were listed as on the website, but they have the PS serial number and shit so thats my bad for not researching beforehand. This is driving me crazy because I bought these decks (online, so I couldn't measure them myself) to gradually size up from an 8 to a 8.5ish and they all fucking measure 8.0.
Have you tried measuring an 8.0 in the same area to see if it comes out around 7.78? It probably will usually they mean the centre widest part with the measurement but depending on the shape if it rounds out approaching the nose and tail it will be more narrow. Or sometimes around the bolts it begins to taper.

jackduluoz

« Reply #560 on: November 28, 2018, 12:59:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Have you tried measuring an 8.0 in the same area to see if it comes out around 7.78? It probably will usually they mean the centre widest part with the measurement but depending on the shape if it rounds out approaching the nose and tail it will be more narrow. Or sometimes around the bolts it begins to taper.

Yeah I've been measuring the widest part of the deck. Measured my two last 8.0s (shop board and a toy machine, and the toy machine was wider than my 8.18 Hockey.

CoMpLeMeNts4U

« Reply #561 on: November 28, 2018, 01:01:26 PM »
Wait are you saying measuring the same area both on the graphic ply and on the top ply you are getting different measurements? Are you pushing in with the concave when on the top?

jackduluoz

« Reply #562 on: November 28, 2018, 01:07:55 PM »
Wait are you saying measuring the same area both on the graphic ply and on the top ply you are getting different measurements? Are you pushing in with the concave when on the top?

Yeah, and nope, not pushing in. Even when I push I'm getting 8. Does everyone just measure across the graphic? am I just an idiot?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:18:54 PM by jackduluoz »

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #563 on: November 29, 2018, 11:02:09 AM »
Expand Quote
are there any differences between the pro/eagle antihero boards (£64) and the price point ones (£50) ?
[close]

i think it's the same wood, they just do simpler graphics and less colored plys to keep it cheaper

I’ve been riding a pp for about 6 weeks and it’s just started to feel soggy. There are 3 coloured veneers. I heard it’s recycled wood or something like that. Would buy again.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 10:57:52 AM by Dad you're embarrassing me »

kookd

« Reply #564 on: December 04, 2018, 04:24:53 AM »
I wanted to try a slightly longer wheelbase so I got a 8.5 DSM board with dimensions supposed to be 32" length and 14.5" wb. Well, the board has arrived and its not even a 14.2" wb and its 32.2" in length. Ill probably skate it but im pissed. I feel like I wasted my money. Watch out for DSM shapes not measuring what they are supposed to.

Velvet

• Rep: -41
  • pat duffy
« Reply #565 on: December 11, 2018, 08:41:41 AM »
whats skate mental

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
« Reply #566 on: December 11, 2018, 10:46:36 AM »
I wanted to try a slightly longer wheelbase so I got a 8.5 DSM board with dimensions supposed to be 32" length and 14.5" wb. Well, the board has arrived and its not even a 14.2" wb and its 32.2" in length. Ill probably skate it but im pissed. I feel like I wasted my money. Watch out for DSM shapes not measuring what they are supposed to.

was it dwindles fault or the brand's fault for mislabeling it? What brand was it? Did it have the wheelbase lasered into the top?

kookd

« Reply #567 on: December 11, 2018, 04:12:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

was it dwindles fault or the brand's fault for mislabeling it? What brand was it? Did it have the wheelbase lasered into the top?
I think it's Dwindles fault. The board has a "Medium concave \ medium kick 8.5x31.95" inscription lasered on top. Wheelbase is not stated but It comes with a flyer stating every shape that DSM makes and for the 8.5x31.95 boards it says that they have a 14.5 WB.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:00:25 PM by kookd »

Poocano

• Rep: -17
« Reply #568 on: December 12, 2018, 03:09:29 PM »
Hello anyone that can help me and everyone else....I was given a stance sock shaped deck....kinda looks like the polar p9 but a little more symmetrical....anyone have any idea who would have pressed it?  It’s a pretty sick shape, will skate

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #569 on: December 12, 2018, 09:31:26 PM »
Never seen this before what's the deal with this primitive deck? It's generator so their doing.