Author Topic: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread  (Read 128136 times)

TurdyBird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
The chillest1

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
Re: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread
« Reply #331 on: January 28, 2020, 01:49:22 PM »

These just popped up in my instagram feed as sponsored content.  Appear to have a sustainability, nonprofit-donation type angle for those interested in those other threads.  Vegan as well. 
https://oobbrraa.com/

hey ive seen that before
Image result for dc t funk

tyshoes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #332 on: February 02, 2020, 06:55:03 PM »
I actually skate in air max 97s

But, I buy the nike replicas off dh gate and the quality is great. The laces are protected and the flip area has multiple layers of leather. Just remember to buy a size up. If you wear 9s get 10s. Different system.

They come in really any color way (40 diff ones) and look way better than typical skate shoes to me. Do not worry about the quality, these are pretty much 1:1 reps and $50

I use this guy in case youre wondering

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2019-qiaodan11dai-shoes-laces-not-for-sale/483752756.html#s1-5-1;searl|0591006809
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 07:08:13 PM by tyshoes »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1983
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #333 on: February 02, 2020, 08:19:32 PM »
Anyone try those Adidas Superstar ADV Vulc? They are the high top version of the Superstar, I'm a sucker for the shell toes and anything that will survive my kickflips
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #334 on: February 02, 2020, 10:15:42 PM »
Anyone try those Adidas Superstar ADV Vulc? They are the high top version of the Superstar, I'm a sucker for the shell toes and anything that will survive my kickflips

you mean the pro model?

https://www.flatspot.com/products/adidas-pro-model-shoes-white-core-black-gold-metallic

i got the lowtop versions and this was my first impression:

just got adidas superstar advs yesterday and after wearing them for work the whole day, i wanted to share my first impressions.

-the materials seem supergood and quite premium

-the glue job is pretty bad on the shell toe. like when you pull out the laces, there are very noticeable glue stains. just looks pretty cheap compared to the materials.

-no extra laces included

-the tongue is padded on some pics online, but this tongue is NOT PADDED. this might be important for some. the stitching makes it seem like there would be something underneath but it's just for decoration.

-this makes the shoe honestly look like shit on your feet. they look totally fine on the shelf but the non padded tongue along with the supertight centering straps makes it push down on your instep like crazy, the panels for lacing up are super big, so even though i couldn't wear any size smaller, since my feet are filling out most of the shoe, it is super flat on your feet and i basically have to rambo lace them so they keep any shape. this in turn makes weird creases in the front.

-i wore them like slip ons for an hour without the laces to wear out the straps. since the tongue has no real structure it made ugly creases.

so these won't look at all like superstars, i will take out the tongue off some old shoes and glue them under this one  for extra padding, i hope this will help the tongues structure and give the shoe a nicer shape when worn. also the creasing of the tongue also happens when laced up, which i found very uncomfortable.

on the plus side i found the outsole insole combo rather pleasant and pillowy for an adidas skateboarding shoe. on the other hand, the fold the shoe makes around the shelltoe seem is a bit harsh on the toes, as was to be expected on first wearing.

overall i'm pretty disappointed because these shoes look awesome in the web and by themselves but the looks totally fall apart imo when worn due to very bad design decisions about how tongue and lacing interact. or it's made for some kind of very weird footshape. i dunno. just know this and try them on if possible before buying to check the clown shoe factor.

also both models are cupsole, superstar adv vulc were the old ones. the sole is pretty soft and flexible and pretty alright if you ask me.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1983
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #335 on: February 02, 2020, 11:09:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you mean the pro model?

https://www.flatspot.com/products/adidas-pro-model-shoes-white-core-black-gold-metallic

i got the lowtop versions and this was my first impression:

Expand Quote
just got adidas superstar advs yesterday and after wearing them for work the whole day, i wanted to share my first impressions.

-the materials seem supergood and quite premium

-the glue job is pretty bad on the shell toe. like when you pull out the laces, there are very noticeable glue stains. just looks pretty cheap compared to the materials.

-no extra laces included

-the tongue is padded on some pics online, but this tongue is NOT PADDED. this might be important for some. the stitching makes it seem like there would be something underneath but it's just for decoration.

-this makes the shoe honestly look like shit on your feet. they look totally fine on the shelf but the non padded tongue along with the supertight centering straps makes it push down on your instep like crazy, the panels for lacing up are super big, so even though i couldn't wear any size smaller, since my feet are filling out most of the shoe, it is super flat on your feet and i basically have to rambo lace them so they keep any shape. this in turn makes weird creases in the front.

-i wore them like slip ons for an hour without the laces to wear out the straps. since the tongue has no real structure it made ugly creases.

so these won't look at all like superstars, i will take out the tongue off some old shoes and glue them under this one  for extra padding, i hope this will help the tongues structure and give the shoe a nicer shape when worn. also the creasing of the tongue also happens when laced up, which i found very uncomfortable.

on the plus side i found the outsole insole combo rather pleasant and pillowy for an adidas skateboarding shoe. on the other hand, the fold the shoe makes around the shelltoe seem is a bit harsh on the toes, as was to be expected on first wearing.

overall i'm pretty disappointed because these shoes look awesome in the web and by themselves but the looks totally fall apart imo when worn due to very bad design decisions about how tongue and lacing interact. or it's made for some kind of very weird footshape. i dunno. just know this and try them on if possible before buying to check the clown shoe factor.
[close]

also both models are cupsole, superstar adv vulc were the old ones. the sole is pretty soft and flexible and pretty alright if you ask me.

Solid review, I'm looking at the high top one since someone is selling a pair online for around $50. I was hoping they shell toe would help with durability. Did you try them with the insole that came with the shoes? They look pretty terrible and wouldn't grip your foot at all.

How would you rate them on durability and did the comfort improve after wearing them in? I have really flat feet I use a moderately thick insole on my skate shoes to elevate the arches.

I may use them as a walkabout shoe to wear them in before thrashing them.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 11:13:14 PM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #336 on: February 03, 2020, 12:17:23 PM »
can't tell you about the one in the video, that one seems to be the older vulc one from 2 years back, the vid is also from 2017. i am pretty sure even though the new one i posted on flatspot looks almost identical, that its cupsole this time.

i haven't skated them yet, so i can't speak for flick and durability. i will try and film for the slap kickflip/heelflip thing in these tomorrow if i find a dry spot.

i fixed my issues with them somewhat by cutting out the tongues of my old vans tnt sg, which coincidentally fit pretty perfect under the superstar tongue. it adds structure and padding and makes it easier to fill out the shoe, makes it basically how i expected them to fit and look. no weird warping around the lacehole panel and some sense of security on top of my foot. after three days of wear, they wore in quite good and as i said, the footbed combo is quite comfy for adidas standards. throwing in a more substantial insole might even improve. i run mine with fp orthotics, which is a slight upgrade from the stock insoles, which are alright. if you are down for this mod, i would kind of recommend them, if you want them.

i'd like to try regular superstars with the padded tongue against these actually to see which are more comfortable and skate better, but i can only afford to buy one pair at a time.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #337 on: February 03, 2020, 04:10:02 PM »
https://twitter.com/sneakershouts/status/1224461316678672384?s=21

These look like they’d work haha
a bunch of cheap adidas original shoes like those continental vulcs real cheap right now with LASTCHANCE on adidas.com

« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 04:29:25 PM by jay_nev »

ItsNoUse

• Rep: -15
« Reply #338 on: February 10, 2020, 07:51:23 PM »
I wanna try some Club Cs, look pretty solid.

Tom Hanks is the Heath Kirchart of the acting world.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2285
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #339 on: February 13, 2020, 08:34:43 AM »
Club C's skate great. Skated a pair for the entire end of the last skate season and I'm gonna finish them off in the spring. Super cushy but good board feel. Throw a little crazy glue along the toe stitching and you're good.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1129
« Reply #340 on: February 13, 2020, 10:42:25 AM »

But, I buy the nike replicas off dh gate and the quality is great. The laces are protected and the flip area has multiple layers of leather. Just remember to buy a size up. If you wear 9s get 10s. Different system.

They come in really any color way (40 diff ones) and look way better than typical skate shoes to me. Do not worry about the quality, these are pretty much 1:1 reps and $50

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2019-qiaodan11dai-shoes-laces-not-for-sale/483752756.html#s1-5-1;searl|0591006809

Have you ever skated Dunks from DHgate, I'm not doing raffles, waiting in lines, or paying 200$ for shoes I just want to skate. I never had SB dunks, but thought the Oski's were fun.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #341 on: February 13, 2020, 04:06:05 PM »

i rolled my ankle looking at these
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #342 on: February 13, 2020, 04:11:11 PM »
Can’t imagine skating in air max 97’s haha.
Other dude posted fake china Jordan 1’s too.

Hey I guess the dhgate route could work for some. I haven’t had the best luck, actually had fraud activity from there. Purchased something a couple years back and just recently noticed a random charge.

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #343 on: February 14, 2020, 01:55:27 PM »
interested in dhgate dunks as well. they have all suede black ones from one of the sellers, good amount of positive seller reviews too (but you know, lots of times those reviews are as fake as the kicks).

https://www.dhgate.com/product/dunk-sb-high-trd-qs-pigeon-pro-university/504611136.html#s2-7-1;searl|1996224089

they blur out the swoosh online by the way -- the actual shoes have them and are pretty indistinguishable (from what i've seen from customer reviews with their own photos from other listings)

:) I must have been tripping last night

tyshoes

« Reply #344 on: February 14, 2020, 04:03:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Have you ever skated Dunks from DHgate, I'm not doing raffles, waiting in lines, or paying 200$ for shoes I just want to skate. I never had SB dunks, but thought the Oski's were fun.

Yep and there no difference from reg SB dunks and good reps from dh gate. If you go through sneakers quick but dont like the wide and kinda goofy look of skateshoes, it the way to go.

Regarding the guy rolling your ankle...what makes you think these arnt arent good to skate in? They have more protection than most lowtop skateshoes. Only diff is the sole hase a little more cushion in the air maxes which takes about an hour to get used to. Like skate insoles. Only skate shoes I have are new old stock Osirius remium 96 hi tops and a set of vans. more flexible sole, but you get better impact protection with ther air max's and helps esp if skating rough surfaces.

For SB dunks, its exactly the same as legit sb dunks. Plus if you like them, you can get 4 and its like $30 a piece in any color way. Its silly to do it any other way unless you guys like the looks of skate shoes. Theyre just too wide and fat looking down mostly.

tyshoes

« Reply #345 on: February 14, 2020, 04:08:01 PM »
Can’t imagine skating in air max 97’s haha.
Other dude posted fake china Jordan 1’s too.

Hey I guess the dhgate route could work for some. I haven’t had the best luck, actually had fraud activity from there. Purchased something a couple years back and just recently noticed a random charge.

Also gotta go by the sellers rep and amount of sales. If you read the reviews, the customers share pics and reviews so you can find a good source easily. Lots of legit sellers like the one I shared. Honestly the only diff is a little glue here and there and maybe less exact stitching. though nothing worse that a few kickflips will do to them.

So you know, they dont show the nike sign on many dhgate sellers. Its there and you can see it in the reviews.

This is a set of Off-white Nike collabs that go for $700+ here. $45 shipped from DH Gate and indistingushable aside from the shade of black rubber on the sole. Not for skating tho

« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 04:23:56 PM by tyshoes »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #346 on: February 14, 2020, 04:40:10 PM »
hmm yeah, not as familiar w the platform and searching thru/checking reviews. Rather spend the cash on a slightly worn legit pair thru GOAT.

But indistinguishable? No off-white am90 was ever released in that colorway haha.

tyshoes

« Reply #347 on: February 14, 2020, 05:01:02 PM »
hmm yeah, not as familiar w the platform and searching thru/checking reviews. Rather spend the cash on a slightly worn legit pair thru GOAT.

But indistinguishable? No off-white am90 was ever released in that colorway haha.

No they released the gray balck coloway limited run.

These are the legit ones

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #348 on: February 14, 2020, 05:19:50 PM »
No they didn’t

ItsNoUse

• Rep: -15
« Reply #349 on: February 14, 2020, 05:35:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No they released the gray balck coloway limited run.

These are the legit ones

Those are completely, 1000% fake.

There's the OG White pair, a black pair, and a tan colour pair.

Those are the only ones that have released, so far.

Tom Hanks is the Heath Kirchart of the acting world.

tyshoes

« Reply #350 on: February 14, 2020, 06:16:21 PM »
That makes them more exclusive. Yes theyre fake thats what reps are.

lol

Point is I have them in the og black/white version and I just wear reps cus collecting sneakers got far too expensive and these I dont have to care about and I just like them for the looks, I dont care if theyre legit. I coordinate.

This is where I got them from and they got them in diff colorways. If you care that youre rocking reps and trying to hide it, then we have diff fashion morals. Im 100% anarchy

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2019-men-90-running-shoes-virgil-designer/454457379.html?skuAttr=700414:986289#s1-0-1;searl|1810146876

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #351 on: February 14, 2020, 09:40:00 PM »
Don't buy from DHgate or you'll get those fooky looking flea market Nikes that are "100%" identical to fakes. Taobao is where it's at for rep sneakers, but buying anything from China right now is probably a bad idea. If you need a pair of replica sneakers your best bet is checking out https://www.reddit.com/r/FashionRepsBST/. I don't really dig the fashion replica industry because it just promotes wearing the same thing as pretentious rich kids but if you're going to wreck the shit out of them skating them it's a pretty good way to wear some shoes you'd probably never be able to afford. (sorry its late and I'm talking too much.)

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2285
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #352 on: February 15, 2020, 08:24:39 AM »
Hey guys, go start a DHGate thread please.

tyshoes

« Reply #353 on: February 15, 2020, 08:48:41 AM »
Don't buy from DHgate or you'll get those fooky looking flea market Nikes that are "100%" identical to fakes. Taobao is where it's at for rep sneakers, but buying anything from China right now is probably a bad idea. If you need a pair of replica sneakers your best bet is checking out https://www.reddit.com/r/FashionRepsBST/. I don't really dig the fashion replica industry because it just promotes wearing the same thing as pretentious rich kids but if you're going to wreck the shit out of them skating them it's a pretty good way to wear some shoes you'd probably never be able to afford. (sorry its late and I'm talking too much.)

Im a member of that subreddit. This guy is on Taobao too. You just need to find the legit ones like the one I linked.

My apologies if this went off the rails, I was just trying to point out a place to get good looking sneakers cheap enough to skate in. Didnt think Id have to post my credentials n stuff.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 09:34:34 AM by tyshoes »

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1123
« Reply #354 on: February 15, 2020, 08:56:39 AM »
Hey guys, go start a DHGate thread please.

Fr fr. Off the rails

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #355 on: February 20, 2020, 07:13:40 AM »
I do know those were designed with skating in mind. The guy that did those used to skate and wanted to push for a fashion skate silhouette. If they didn’t cost a limb I would be down to try to skate a pair.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1129
« Reply #356 on: February 20, 2020, 07:32:14 AM »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #357 on: February 20, 2020, 08:21:50 AM »
I do know those were designed with skating in mind. The guy that did those used to skate and wanted to push for a fashion skate silhouette. If they didn’t cost a limb I would be down to try to skate a pair.
They look pretty city cupish
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #358 on: February 20, 2020, 08:59:48 AM »
Yeah they definitely do with the disconnected lateral outsole.

SkATAN you work for adidas?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
« Reply #359 on: February 20, 2020, 12:49:49 PM »
They look pretty city cupish
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.