Author Topic: Which Bearings Are You Guys Running?  (Read 88317 times)

Willie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
Re: Which Bearings Are You Guys Running?
« Reply #240 on: March 10, 2020, 12:12:40 PM »
I just cleaned an old ass set of Reds rather than put in a new set of Bronson G2s. Figured the Reds would still be better.

A friend gave me the Bronsons for my birthday over 2 years ago. I feel bad about not using them but my last set was terrible.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #241 on: March 10, 2020, 01:29:32 PM »
buying anything other than Bones is a future inconvenience

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #242 on: March 10, 2020, 01:34:01 PM »
I’ve spouted it many times and I’m gonna keep going

MODUS
yes

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 410
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #243 on: March 19, 2020, 01:06:07 PM »
3n1 oil, Bronson oil, or Bones speedcream for relube?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #244 on: March 19, 2020, 01:08:17 PM »
Probably they're all the same but I would go for Bones speedcream.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Richard Skidder

« Reply #245 on: March 19, 2020, 01:22:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I guess my real question is do you guys have good experience with 3n1 oil? Is it too thick?

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #246 on: March 19, 2020, 02:03:42 PM »
riding those indy abec 5 and as of right now i love em. Will check back in in a month

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #247 on: March 19, 2020, 02:42:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I guess my real question is do you guys have good experience with 3n1 oil? Is it too thick?
Is ok, back in the day I used for years and never had any problem
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

sneakpeekmeek

• Rep: 2

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #249 on: March 19, 2020, 04:45:58 PM »

cheetah cum only

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #250 on: March 19, 2020, 04:49:04 PM »
ime three in one is way too thick. i like tri-flow
🤙

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #251 on: March 19, 2020, 05:26:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-52004-Lightweight-Translucent/dp/B00175VGUA/ref=sr_1_2?crid=ZQLNN8O2WZXJ&dchild=1&keywords=superlube+synthetic+oil&qid=1584658517&sprefix=superlube+synt%2Caps%2C155&sr=8-2

i've been using this for the past year to lube my bearings. cheap, food-grade, and non-toxic.
ISO 68 is really thick. Super Lube has thinner oils.
Stay away from the 20wt 3in1 and Triflow oils. 3in1 has 2 thinner versions that should work, with and without PTFE.
I'd do Speed Cream or Oust over Bronson.

slappy50

• Rep: 17
  • gear madness abounds
« Reply #252 on: March 19, 2020, 08:54:11 PM »
Are super reds / race reds worth it over regular reds? I used to have swiss but I don't have 80 bucks to spend. Big Balls were ok for me, but there seems to be mixed opinions on them now.
niggling

[/quote]

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #253 on: March 19, 2020, 09:02:54 PM »
I've been skating two sets of Bones Swiss, one from around 2002-ish. The other from around 2008-ish. They still spin and roll perfectly.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #254 on: March 20, 2020, 04:38:43 AM »
I've been skating two sets of Bones Swiss, one from around 2002-ish. The other from around 2008-ish. They still spin and roll perfectly.
whats your maintenance routine? over 10 years of use is insane value
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Richard Skidder

« Reply #255 on: March 20, 2020, 06:16:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

cheetah cum only
Do I have to milk the cheetah myself or can I just buy a bottle? Locally sourced non GMO cheetah cum may be my only option though hard to come by.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #256 on: March 20, 2020, 06:25:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

cheetah cum only
[close]
Do I have to milk the cheetah myself or can I just buy a bottle? Locally sourced non GMO cheetah cum may be my only option though hard to come by.
wring out some old cheetahsheets
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #257 on: March 20, 2020, 09:14:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Stay away from the 20wt 3in1 and Triflow oils. 3in1 has 2 thinner versions that should work, with and without PTFE.

Sewing machine oil from your local haberdashery. Correct viscosity and a third the price of "Speed cream".

Oh and I have run the same Swiss 6 for a couple of years and am trying out some big balls.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Richard Skidder

« Reply #258 on: March 21, 2020, 06:21:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-52004-Lightweight-Translucent/dp/B00175VGUA/ref=sr_1_2?crid=ZQLNN8O2WZXJ&dchild=1&keywords=superlube+synthetic+oil&qid=1584658517&sprefix=superlube+synt%2Caps%2C155&sr=8-2

i've been using this for the past year to lube my bearings. cheap, food-grade, and non-toxic.
Thanks for the link. I’m going to order some today.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #259 on: March 21, 2020, 11:28:44 AM »
Link not working?

legion

« Reply #260 on: March 21, 2020, 11:36:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Sewing machine oil from your local haberdashery. Correct viscosity and a third the price of "Speed cream".

Oh and I have run the same Swiss 6 for a couple of years and am trying out some big balls.
Sewing machine oil is also on the thicker side. And usually just mineral oil, nothing special.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #261 on: March 21, 2020, 08:27:31 PM »
Expand Quote

that's a super red. I know bearings very well. I would gnar you if I could
[close]

Aren't reds ceramics made of Silicon Nitride balls - which are dark in appearance?  These are Zirconia ones - white balls.

VXB also makes Silicon Nitride ones, but they are closer to $50 for a set.

engine swap. It the housing I need.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

sketchyrider

« Reply #263 on: March 22, 2020, 08:25:01 PM »
feels like i've given a bunch of different options in bones' catalog a try. i liked the big balls at first but they got a little noisy on me after a while, they still roll fine i put em on a cruiser.

i have some regular swiss that are a few years old that have held up well, but they got rusty enough to get stuck in a set of STF's even though they didn't get wet or whatever. i just put reds on a setup and they are fast as hell, i might stick with them from here. unless someone can vouch for super reds.

i have this set of rush ceramics that are several years old, i've cleaned them twice and they still rip. only bearings i've liked other than bones, but they have since changed packaging and kind of market to longboarders now. that's all i got on bearings...

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #264 on: March 26, 2020, 01:25:56 PM »
via Imgflip Meme Generator

spring cleaning they're going in my main ride.

So this is how you snap  bearings back together if you want to clean them properly I suggest you learn.

You must have a shield or it's a pain but the shield is holding the bearings in then you press and click they're in.

I need new shields the plating is going on these

I wish I had green bones shields.

I wish I had my own brand. Id rebuild and hand assemble ceramics and put my shields on them. Green for recycled. $10
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Diocletian

« Reply #266 on: March 27, 2020, 08:37:18 PM »
Bearing companies hate this one simple trick...leaving the shields on. Can’t believe I kept going along with the no shields trend. I’ve had some super reds for about a month now and usually at least one bearing would crap out by now. These are still pretty quiet but spin longer and no dead pop sound. Keep your shields on, folks.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #267 on: March 27, 2020, 08:44:43 PM »
the one set of cortinas I have would disagree with shields. Hot garbage the first 2 months, ran them through rain one day thinking I would ditch them soon after. Ended up cleaning them with acetone the next morning and popping the shields and they have been running for 6 months raw. Upgraded to swiss and didn’t look back. Shields on the Swiss tho ;)

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #268 on: March 27, 2020, 09:00:52 PM »
Bearing companies hate this one simple trick...leaving the shields on. Can’t believe I kept going along with the no shields trend. I’ve had some super reds for about a month now and usually at least one bearing would crap out by now. These are still pretty quiet but spin longer and no dead pop sound. Keep your shields on, folks.
i ride shields on till they crap out. pooping them off after a midlife cleaning usually gives reds a second wind for me

legion

« Reply #269 on: March 28, 2020, 11:47:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i ride shields on till they crap out. pooping them off after a midlife cleaning usually gives reds a second wind for me
A quick spray of oil should help prolong their life and your cleaning interval.