Author Topic: Which Bearings Are You Guys Running?  (Read 88359 times)

doctorkickflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 44
Re: Which Bearings Are You Guys Running?
« Reply #390 on: June 10, 2020, 09:11:56 AM »
I know i'll just be preaching to the choir here, but tried Swiss 6 for the first time today and holy moly i didnt think the difference would be THAT noticeable coming from big balls. Coming from reds before that, I couldn't feel a huge difference running Big Balls (in fact they were pretty awful before "breaking them in" which i had never had to do before), but i'd even hazard to say these feel faster than the L2's on my cruiser (9", 169s, Mini Super Juice).

A joy.

I've tried the expensive as fuck bones swiss and the 6 swiss that I think was more like $70 and I can say for sure the bones 6 are way better for skateboarding. The larger balls are way more resistant to dust and junk and in my opinion more durable overall. I go through bearings quickly but these are really putting up a fight. Worth it 100%.

JK42

• Rep: 20
« Reply #391 on: June 10, 2020, 01:07:09 PM »
The cheaper Bronsons, thought it was all hype but a mate who works in a skate shop recommended them to me. He was right. They are great.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 940
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #392 on: June 10, 2020, 01:56:32 PM »
The cheaper Bronsons, thought it was all hype but a mate who works in a skate shop recommended them to me. He was right. They are great.

Running a pair of Bronson G3s (popped shields) right now - no complaints.

Total bearings in use across cruisers and pops:

Bronson G3s (wide pops)
Swiss Six (skinny pops)
Seismic Tekton 6 Balls with build in spacers (cruiser)
Zealous with build in spacers (shaped/nostalgia setup)

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #393 on: June 10, 2020, 02:06:00 PM »
Rockin Rons Ballistic Missiles for life - Cermaics in the daily driver and regulars in the backups

cjt

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #394 on: June 10, 2020, 03:02:20 PM »
I just ordered some Bronson G3's with a 9" popsicle complete last night to check the hype. I've just come back after a couple years, and before the break I was rotating a pair of Rockin Rons regular rockets and a 17+ year old pair of Black Panther 7s in different sets of wheels. I use 91% isopropyl to clean and various oils over the years, most recently some stuff called Bionic that the homies shop had.

fake nollie.sk8er

• Rep: -37
« Reply #395 on: June 10, 2020, 03:12:26 PM »
Bronsons!

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #396 on: June 10, 2020, 03:32:43 PM »
I just ordered some Bronson G3's with a 9" popsicle complete last night to check the hype. I've just come back after a couple years, and before the break I was rotating a pair of Rockin Rons regular rockets and a 17+ year old pair of Black Panther 7s in different sets of wheels. I use 91% isopropyl to clean and various oils over the years, most recently some stuff called Bionic that the homies shop had.

There are some that had some bad experiences with the cages breaking and they got a bad rap on the forums, it was isolated.

They are really fast out of the box.

cjt

« Reply #397 on: June 10, 2020, 04:30:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There are some that had some bad experiences with the cages breaking and they got a bad rap on the forums, it was isolated.

They are really fast out of the box.

I'm looking forward to them. They're going in 51mm slim radial F4s.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #398 on: June 10, 2020, 04:55:49 PM »
Modus titanium and I love them. I’ve used nothing but Bones Swiss for 30 years but I gave Modus a go for no other reason than the strength of the promo Sylvain Tognelli did for them a few years back. Support the brands that support good skateboarders. I’m glad I did, they are fast, strong bearings that won’t break your wallet. I swear by them. They had a pretty killer team at one point too.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #399 on: June 10, 2020, 05:10:23 PM »
definitely have a few 15+ year old black panther bearings in my one set up right now. Still have the case. I was pumped on those as a teenager
Alright so Bronson are a go now ? Seem to be really popular.

cjt

« Reply #400 on: June 10, 2020, 07:44:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
definitely have a few 15+ year old black panther bearings in my one set up right now. Still have the case. I was pumped on those as a teenager

I'll never forget the panther 7s being "the" bearing to get at my school! I'll report back about the G3's but the word looks good all around so far.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #401 on: June 10, 2020, 08:00:37 PM »
for sure! bearings woo if they compensate for hard wheels on crusty terrain let me be a believer

sneakpeekmeek

• Rep: 2
« Reply #402 on: June 10, 2020, 08:16:55 PM »
Right now, Swiss 6's.  They just glide. It's not that they're fast per se, but they hold acceleration for long with less push.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #403 on: June 10, 2020, 08:42:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I'll never forget the panther 7s being "the" bearing to get at my school! I'll report back about the G3's but the word looks good all around so far.

BP 7s was all I used to run; even the packaging was bad ass.

shmazz

• Rep: 3
« Reply #404 on: June 13, 2020, 08:13:08 AM »
Running my second set of Cheapshots. They work just fine for the price and I really dig the all-black colorway compared to something like China Reds.

Any recommendations for bearings under $20? I’ve been looking into the Indy 7s for my next purchase

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #405 on: June 13, 2020, 09:15:05 AM »
One of my reds is making a whirling noise now kind of annoying the inconsistencies

adriankohatsu

« Reply #406 on: June 13, 2020, 07:03:51 PM »
Some new red bones, have been using bones 10 years now! when i was a kid always thought in the ABEC thing haha.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #407 on: June 13, 2020, 07:22:49 PM »
Super Swiss 6. Love ‘em.

They need to be lubed though.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #408 on: June 13, 2020, 11:59:45 PM »
Expand Quote
https://www.ebay.com/itm/133408612441

What’s with these $30 something dollar bones Swiss on eBay?
[close]

if you look at the sellers feedback someone left neutral feedback saying the swiss were fakes but he did refund.

loads of them floating around on Taobao and Aliexpress too
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #409 on: June 14, 2020, 02:14:45 AM »
NMB bearings

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #410 on: June 17, 2020, 08:39:33 PM »
Went to my local today - and their stock levels are all over the place due to Covid; tons of new boards but almost out of grip, and very few bearings...so since no Reds the choice was either Shake Junt, Cortina or the Spitfire Burners I went with. Never skated them before...anyone have experience with em'?
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

Diocletian

« Reply #411 on: June 17, 2020, 09:21:42 PM »
All four bearings of my two rear wheels and one from a front wheel blew out today at the same time, it was shitty. Popped the shields off and they looked fine not that dirty. They wouldn't move at all, like cemented. Axles don't seem bent. Replaced with ones that spun from the gear graveyard box, but damn never had that many seize up like that before. They were super reds and I even kept all the shields on.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #412 on: June 18, 2020, 04:32:51 AM »
All four bearings of my two rear wheels and one from a front wheel blew out today at the same time, it was shitty. Popped the shields off and they looked fine not that dirty. They wouldn't move at all, like cemented. Axles don't seem bent. Replaced with ones that spun from the gear graveyard box, but damn never had that many seize up like that before. They were super reds and I even kept all the shields on.
I had super reds on my cruiser, took my swiss of from regular board for cleaning and put those super reds on as I wanted to skate that day. Forgot those on, after like 4 times I found out that 2 bearings have already started to seize....
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #413 on: June 18, 2020, 11:52:20 AM »
Went to my local today - and their stock levels are all over the place due to Covid; tons of new boards but almost out of grip, and very few bearings...so since no Reds the choice was either Shake Junt, Cortina or the Spitfire Burners I went with. Never skated them before...anyone have experience with em'?
I have tried them all, except Cortina, and Burners work pretty good.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #414 on: June 19, 2020, 06:55:53 AM »
Been riding Modus Titanium for a few months and they're doing really well. Havn't gotten any louder and are just as smooth as when I first put them in. Will probably get a back up set.

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #415 on: June 24, 2020, 06:13:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

BP 7s was all I used to run; even the packaging was bad ass.

BP has a ceramic that is real nice. My first set up had Panthers, bad ass no doubt.

nosneb

• Rep: 78
« Reply #416 on: June 24, 2020, 07:02:00 PM »
I’m riding red big balls. And they are ok. Rolls slow but keeps rolling. Maybe cause I ride 40mm wheels lol

KushBush

• Rep: 2
« Reply #417 on: June 25, 2020, 03:10:30 PM »
The rolling kind.

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #418 on: June 25, 2020, 06:21:37 PM »
Swiss Six. Didn't think much of them until I popped the shields, now I see why I spent the extra money.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #419 on: June 25, 2020, 06:39:42 PM »
Swiss Six. Didn't think much of them until I popped the shields, now I see why I spent the extra money.

Swissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss 6 sound [and feel] so good with the shields off.