Author Topic: Which Bearings Are You Guys Running?  (Read 88313 times)

ballintoohard

Re: Which Bearings Are You Guys Running?
« Reply #720 on: April 06, 2021, 10:09:02 AM »
I bought the Isotopes but wish I got the Atoms. Not as fast as my Swiss 6, but good enough to where I don’t care given the price.

Quantum_Bearing_Science

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 89
    • Quantum Bearings avatar image
« Reply #721 on: April 06, 2021, 10:12:21 AM »
Glad everyone is pleased.  We’ve been getting some really good reviews/feedback.

We’ve also been sending these out to shops.  Tell your shops to hit us up.  We’ve got shop pricing in place for them.

Thanks for all the support!  Keep it coming!
http://www.quantumbearing.science/

Instagram
@quantumbearings

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #722 on: April 06, 2021, 09:46:09 PM »
i always had good luck with bones bearings; swiss og, swiss 6, big balls, reds, super reds - i got some super reds a few months a go and they spun very good, but i cleaned em using the kid with acetone and then relubed em, and they've been sluggish since..

i used some old reds i had lying around and world of a difference on pushing around
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #723 on: April 06, 2021, 10:36:26 PM »
I get Bronsons for free.99, just like everyone else that skates Bronsons. They roll so they're fine.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #724 on: April 12, 2021, 03:00:41 PM »
Long shot but maybe somebody in here remembers.
I'm looking for a bearing co that the packaging was on paper, like suelen clean and nice.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
« Reply #725 on: April 12, 2021, 07:26:05 PM »
I'm looking for a bearing co that the packaging was on paper, like suelen clean and nice.

you thinking of olympia supply? their bearings come in little cardboard boxes or paper coin sleeve type packaging

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #726 on: April 12, 2021, 07:59:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you thinking of olympia supply? their bearings come in little cardboard boxes or paper coin sleeve type packaging

I'm afraid not, they came like a little square (think about cheapshots) in some kind of really nice paper with a easy open thingy that you had to pull to open.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 04:17:18 PM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #727 on: April 12, 2021, 08:03:02 PM »
All bronson, all the time. G3s, raws, and I have a set of ceramics Im yet to get going.
ok thanks

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #728 on: April 12, 2021, 08:46:56 PM »
All bronson, all the time. G3s, raws, and I have a set of ceramics Im yet to get going.
G3 with the shields popped are fire. I've had the same pair for 2 years and have only cleaned them once and they're faster than ever.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
« Reply #729 on: April 12, 2021, 10:00:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I'm afraid now, they came like a little square (think about cheapshots) in some kind of really nice paper with a easy open thingy that you had to pull to open.
ah bummer, i know this is an olympia package again, but was it similar to this? i'm curious who else has been putting stuff out like this now & i'm a sadist masochist when it comes to tracking things down online

beandemon

• Rep: 180
« Reply #730 on: April 13, 2021, 02:23:45 PM »
The reds in my daily driver are done. They’ve been cleaned, lubed and left in the dust by brand new spitfire cheapshots in my niece’s new cruiser. I’ve got some Rocking Ronald’s coming and a couple sets of Zealous waiting in my P.O. Box. I’ve usually had good luck with reds; I think I let these go too long, or the spacers should have been tossed. Zealous have treated me well in the past. They’re a “longboard” bearing with built in spacers. Kook city, but they’re cheap and hold up well to my fairly low impact needs. I’ve got a couple sets of older Independent “5s” or something that are really good, too.

Olympia

• Rep: 3
« Reply #731 on: April 13, 2021, 03:22:49 PM »

We do a ceramic bearing that comes in an embossed navy carstock with wax seal also if that's you're thinking of
And just did a special set for Earth Day that's on a biodegradable seed paper so you can plant the packaging for flowers after you open it up.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #732 on: April 13, 2021, 04:18:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I'm afraid now, they came like a little square (think about cheapshots) in some kind of really nice paper with a easy open thingy that you had to pull to open.
[close]
ah bummer, i know this is an olympia package again, but was it similar to this? i'm curious who else has been putting stuff out like this now & i'm a sadist masochist when it comes to tracking things down online

Is really similar to that but not the ones I'm talking about.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #733 on: June 27, 2021, 05:56:16 PM »
Anybody tried Cortina? Wonder how those "presto" ones are.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #734 on: June 27, 2021, 10:24:28 PM »
Currently the Leo Baker broson
Cocteau Twins

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #735 on: August 14, 2021, 07:39:50 AM »
I’ve seen a couple people mention the SKF 608-2Z, was wondering if anyone had any luck with the 608-2RSH, which is basically the same but with a rubber shield, my mother works for a parts company and is sourcing them for me at her buyers price, was curious if anyone else had tried them out?
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #736 on: August 15, 2021, 09:04:46 AM »
I’ve seen a couple people mention the SKF 608-2Z, was wondering if anyone had any luck with the 608-2RSH, which is basically the same but with a rubber shield, my mother works for a parts company and is sourcing them for me at her buyers price, was curious if anyone else had tried them out?

Yeah, I saw these bearings at the car workshop and tried them. They feel a bit better as bones reds to me and it was nice that they are cleanable. If you get them under 20 bucks, go for it. So far, I had the best experiences with indy blacks and modus blues.
IG: @flowterspace

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #737 on: August 15, 2021, 09:07:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Think I’ll jump to Swiss come spring. Looking for one consistent set up, probably with 97a. Only been riding with reds and mini logo for the past 2 years
[close]

Current setup has Bones Swiss + some Formula Four 54mm 97a's - love it as my regular setup. Highly recommended.

Same. Been skating this combo for a few months now, and I like it enough that I took apart my other completes and put everything into storage.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #738 on: August 15, 2021, 11:38:43 AM »
i'm rocking the Shimano SM-BB52

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #739 on: August 15, 2021, 12:16:14 PM »

You’re a fool to not upgrade to XT. $10 more and the seals are vastly better.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #740 on: August 15, 2021, 03:35:56 PM »
Rocking the Shake Junt Night Trains, they are pretty good. Ive always liked Shake Junts skate rat vibe. Would not rock the grip unless  I got is as a gift but the bearings have always been good to me.

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #741 on: August 15, 2021, 04:30:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You’re a fool to not upgrade to XT. $10 more and the seals are vastly better.

:'( :'( :'(

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #742 on: August 15, 2021, 08:12:39 PM »
Bronson Ceramics, fully broken in, super fast and super smooth, sound great (still have shields on).

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #743 on: August 17, 2021, 11:47:18 PM »
Bronson Raws  ;)

MysticalTypeExperience

• Rep: 128
« Reply #744 on: August 25, 2021, 09:44:32 AM »
Has anyone tried Fireball Dragon bearings? Or is that just pure sacrilege because it's "longboard shit"? I like the fact that they give exact specifications for their products and claim they are manufactured within +/-0.02mm tolerances. They also claim to have improved seals and heavier grease on the Endure version for longevity.

Srt32srt

• Rep: 1
« Reply #745 on: August 25, 2021, 10:08:50 AM »
Are Swiss really that much better? I'm riding Super Reds right now and they seem pretty great. Every time I happen to need new bearings I'm broke but I'm debating splurging on some.

yes they are better and last longer but if you keep your reds cleaned and lubed at least once a month your reds will last pretty long. the swiss have tighter tolerances and less space for dirt to get between the race and the balls. quantum bearings make a good ceramic bearing for a great price, love how bronsons come with double shields and i just picked up a set of g3s to try. ive had andale swiss which feel like a bones super reds, im really liking the bones super six and the bones big balls. Shake Junt bearings Suck!  keeping your bearings clean and lubed is key to a long lasting bearing. and if you must pop your shields make sure to soak them in acetone before you skate them without sheilds to get the oil out so dirt wont stick to the inside of the bearings. its best to keep the sheilds on and lubed.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #746 on: August 28, 2021, 10:18:18 AM »
Couple of months on Bones Super Reds. Imo, they are shite. They have this lagging sensation. Probably weak tolerances. I used to skate Bones Swiss six balls, and had done so for many many years without this terrible sensation.

Anyone tried SKF or NTN 608-2RS? Proper bearings by big bearing companies who make stuff for aero etc.
They cost about around $70 tho

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #747 on: August 28, 2021, 12:59:01 PM »
Couple of months on Bones Super Reds. Imo, they are shite. They have this lagging sensation. Probably weak tolerances. I used to skate Bones Swiss six balls, and had done so for many many years without this terrible sensation.

Anyone tried SKF or NTN 608-2RS? Proper bearings by big bearing companies who make stuff for aero etc.

Working on sourcing some, skf makes a skate bearing endorsed by oski find them online
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #748 on: August 28, 2021, 01:44:41 PM »
Swiss. I had them for six months now and realised today one wheel was stuck so I took them out and cleaned them in acetone. Four of them run smooth but the other four don't and I can't remove the bearing cage retainers no matter how I try so I put them back on but I have a feeling I will have to replace them eventually unless I can clean them properly.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #749 on: August 28, 2021, 02:04:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Working on sourcing some, skf makes a skate bearing endorsed by oski find them online

Those Oski SKF bearings are so cheap, like $30. I doubt they have the same tolerances.