Author Topic: Which Bearings Are You Guys Running?  (Read 88316 times)

LebowskisRug

Re: Which Bearings Are You Guys Running?
« Reply #870 on: September 06, 2022, 01:22:48 PM »
I legit slappy every single session and my Atoms have never jammed. My Fusions haven't either. I also land primo a lot, still no jams. I think the issue, whatever it was, is long solved. Everyone that I have recommended Quantum to is beyond stoked.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #871 on: September 06, 2022, 01:25:25 PM »
Yeah I'm definitely very very happy about the recommendation. If I had the $$ would definitely buy them for my cruisers and stuff too. I still have managed to jam my atoms, but much much less and they unjam much easier and also are easier to clean out. So by every metric vs any swiss variant I've tried, I definitely prefer the quantums so far

logjammin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #872 on: September 06, 2022, 02:30:17 PM »
Do they make your board sound dead and waterlogged at first? I hate that aspect of fresh bearings or ones that are overlubed, and the silent roll :(

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #873 on: September 06, 2022, 02:32:17 PM »
Nope, there was sound out the gate for me but it’s like a very fine, quiet hiss. Definitely not super loud but not over lubed vibes at all

logjammin

• Rep: 312
« Reply #874 on: September 06, 2022, 02:55:19 PM »
Hell yeah, ordering these on payday then. Thanks!

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #875 on: September 06, 2022, 03:07:10 PM »
I never had a good experience with Reds (Reds, Super reds, Race). After a good run with Indy bearings I bought a set of Bronson's G3 and they're great.

Been using them for more than 1 year and sometimes I have to push less because im going "too fast".

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #876 on: September 06, 2022, 04:00:29 PM »
I love my quantums, I have 4 sets

Lepanto

• Rep: 6
« Reply #877 on: September 07, 2022, 08:13:36 AM »
SKF deserve a try
And that quantum bearings seems like they worth it

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #878 on: September 07, 2022, 08:21:36 AM »
Which models do you have?  Been feeling sluggish on my board lately so looking to make an upgrade.

Get hungry on it!

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #879 on: September 07, 2022, 09:27:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Which models do you have?  Been feeling sluggish on my board lately so looking to make an upgrade.

I've got two sets of isotopes, one set of atoms, and one set of metallics. They're all good, haven't had any issues. I think i did clean and re-lube my atoms once because one of the bearings was feeling a little rough, but otherwise I haven't touched them.

Quantum_Bearing_Science

• Rep: 89
    • Quantum Bearings avatar image
« Reply #880 on: September 08, 2022, 10:18:17 AM »
Thanks, pals!

Much love for Slap!
http://www.quantumbearing.science/

Instagram
@quantumbearings

The.Skate.Father

• Rep: 42
« Reply #881 on: September 21, 2022, 12:43:24 AM »
Had some big balls but the cages blew out. Was disappointed cos they were pretty good till then. Replaced them with some modus blacks which are surprisingly good for cheap bearings, will deff be keen to try other modus bearings after this experience. Not sure where to get quantums here in Australia but would like to try them too.
Just call me Daddy.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #882 on: September 21, 2022, 06:35:42 AM »
I basically skate nothing but mini logo bearings.
Tried big balls once and they were worse and died after a month.

I'm down to experiment again, are bronson G3 worth it? Could get a set 40% off, so basically the same price as bones reds.

PisstickleTypeExperience

• Rep: -1
« Reply #883 on: September 21, 2022, 07:56:22 AM »
I basically skate nothing but mini logo bearings.
Tried big balls once and they were worse and died after a month.

I'm down to experiment again, are bronson G3 worth it? Could get a set 40% off, so basically the same price as bones reds.

Same, Minilogos are the grail for dirt cheap bearings IMO. I also have a set of G3's on a cruiser but I don't skate it much. They seem nice. I'm a fan of double-shielded bearings in general.

My short list to try is:
SKF - $35
Zealous Ceramic built-ins - $35
Fireball Endure - $15
Fireball built-ins - $16

Quantum_Bearing_Science

• Rep: 89
    • Quantum Bearings avatar image
« Reply #884 on: September 21, 2022, 09:18:47 AM »
Not sure where to get quantums here in Australia but would like to try them too.

We ship worldwide for free if your order is $70 or more in our webstore.

And to all those, who like an all metal bearing, I highly suggest trying our ‘Metallics’.
They’ll hang with other brands $60-$65 metal bearings.  And half the price.
http://www.quantumbearing.science/

Instagram
@quantumbearings

The.Skate.Father

• Rep: 42
« Reply #885 on: September 21, 2022, 10:17:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Not sure where to get quantums here in Australia but would like to try them too.
[close]

We ship worldwide for free if your order is $70 or more in our webstore.

And to all those, who like an all metal bearing, I highly suggest trying our ‘Metallics’.
They’ll hang with other brands $60-$65 metal bearings.  And half the price.

Sick. Order list created. Will fwd to the boss lady.
Just call me Daddy.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #886 on: September 22, 2022, 01:43:33 AM »
A hodgepodge of whatever reds and mini logo bearings that aren't seized beyond repair. Can't believe I even wasted time trying to acetone the shit ones because it did nothing for 75% of them. Sucks cause now I can't swap wheels straight up but I'll likely just buy another set of reds or minis...

Considering just shelling out for swiss but should I get the OG or the Swiss 6? The bones races also caught my eye but maybe just some gimmicky shit. I do like cranking my nut down and am even using 4 washers on each wheel lol. (3 inside 1 outside) Clearing I am an engineering genius and did not steal that idea from someone else and added one extra on the outside for no reason if only to make my nut completely flush.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #887 on: September 22, 2022, 09:35:03 AM »
Considering just shelling out for swiss but should I get the OG or the Swiss 6? The bones races also caught my eye but maybe just some gimmicky shit. I do like cranking my nut down and am even using 4 washers on each wheel lol. (3 inside 1 outside) Clearing I am an engineering genius and did not steal that idea from someone else and added one extra on the outside for no reason if only to make my nut completely flush.

Swiss 6.  I have both and the 6 run faster after break in.  For the first week or so they did seem slow, and once broke in they came around nicely.   Mine are a few years old and sound a bit dirty - even with regular cleanings - but are still run the fastest of the bearings I have.

Current bearings in rotation:
Bones Swiss 6
Bones Swiss
Bones Big Balls
Bones Reds
Quantum Atoms
Daddies Ceramic built-ins
VXB Ceramic
Zealous Built Ins
Indy GP-B

Whicker

• Rep: 10
« Reply #888 on: September 22, 2022, 09:37:48 PM »
I have Bronson G3s and bones swiss 6. Both are only a few weeks old, so fairly new. The Bronson's are okay and seem to be getting a bit better the more I use them, the Swiss 6 are faster and roll substantially longer between pushing. They are probably so fast that I wouldn't recommend them to beginners. They took me a while to get used to, zooming after 2 pushes.

I am probably good with these for a while as I intend to clean and take care of them. Should either of them crap out *cough*Bronson*cough* I really want to try some quantum isotopes!

dunc

• Rep: 49
« Reply #889 on: September 22, 2022, 10:05:22 PM »
Spitty cheapshots.  Never had an issue . Always spin, roll well and cheap .
They laughed when I told my friends that I was going to be a comedian.....well they are not laughing now!

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #890 on: September 22, 2022, 11:22:35 PM »
I’ve been pretty much only skating bones reds the past 10 years. but I swear, my fav bearings of all time were the gold shield speed demons that were like $12 a pack. lasted forever.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

FrankRizzo

« Reply #891 on: September 23, 2022, 05:35:44 AM »
I dislike cleaning my bearings.

I dislike having clean bearings quickly pickup dirt the first time rolling off the edge of something.

I stopped oiling my bearings over a year and will never oil again.

I pack all my bearings with moly grease. They are a little slow for a few weeks but once broken in they ride fast and stay clean skating every day until the wheel wears down.

I also grease the wheel bearing seat with white lithium grease before inserting bearings to ensure they seat fully. I use spacers and cinch the wheel tight to keep bearings fully seated.

Moly is waterproof and resists spin out, lithium works well on plastics/rubbers. Both greases plug the areas dirt would normally get in.

A blunt syringe is a good applicator.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #892 on: September 23, 2022, 06:09:03 AM »
I’ve been pretty much only skating bones reds the past 10 years. but I swear, my fav bearings of all time were the gold shield speed demons that were like $12 a pack. lasted forever.

I recently met a dude that said he still skates the bearings from his first ever complete from 7 years ago. They're some purple speed demons and still spin ok. Never cleaned. Insane

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #893 on: September 23, 2022, 06:23:25 AM »
Idk why, besides price, people not only ride swiss 6. Best investment ever, on the long run you save a lot of money.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #894 on: September 23, 2022, 11:31:03 AM »
Idk why people dont skate SKF, FAG or NTN bearings. Huge corps who manufacture bearings for industry that require genuine quality. They are not that cheap tho. Around 50-70$, but atleast u can vouch for their machining. They even provide specsheets with actual tolerances etc

Bob Loblaw

« Reply #895 on: September 23, 2022, 11:57:29 AM »
Idk why people dont skate SKF, FAG or NTN bearings. Huge corps who manufacture bearings for industry that require genuine quality. They are not that cheap tho. Around 50-70$, but atleast u can vouch for their machining. They even provide specsheets with actual tolerances etc

Damn - where do you buy these?
I've broken so many fucking bearings. Am having luck with the all-metal Independent bearings.
Will probably try the Quantum Metallics based on what everyone is saying here

LebowskisRug

« Reply #896 on: September 23, 2022, 02:12:40 PM »

The people I know that have bought SKF bearings find them slow and don't like them. Probably since they're filled with grease. I guess you could clean that out and put a thin lube in there, but what's the point when there are bearings that come fast for cheaper.

gringo_viejo

• Rep: 41
« Reply #897 on: December 05, 2022, 02:53:42 PM »

Has anyone on here ever tried these cliche "swiss made" bearings? There are some on ebay and I'm curious...but maybe not $35 worth of curious.

streetmeat

• Rep: 172
« Reply #898 on: December 08, 2022, 04:03:21 AM »
So i've been a 20 year mid grade/Reds bearing guy. As an adult with expendable income should i buy a set of Swiss and call it a day? Heres my holdback...I destroy most bearings fairly fast cause i'm a hard and aggressive slappy guy. Out east we dont have banked curbs so i feel like the vertical slamming into curbs just wrecks the shit out of them faster. Can Swiss sustain the impact better for this or am i better off just sticking with Reds?

KinkyRailsRailed4u

• Rep: 87
  • Here For Friendship :)
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #899 on: December 08, 2022, 05:57:27 AM »
I recently picked up a set of Bones Swiss Bearings, yes, the same 608 bearings manufactured by WIB and used in Iran's 4-43 particle density reactors. Oh dear, where to begin with these ghastly bearings? I suppose I could wax poetic about their ability to make my skateboard move smoothly down the street, impressing the neighbors' kids, but really, what's the point? Life is bleak and meaningless, and these bearings do little to change that. In fact, as I glide along on my skateboard, I can't help but feel a deep sense of ennui. The world is a cruel place, and these bearings are but a fleeting distraction from the abyss of despair that looms within us all. But I suppose they get the job done, if that's any consolation.

As a 66 year old man, I often feel like an outsider in the world of skateboarding. It can be a lonely and isolating experience, but at least I have my trusty Bones bearings to keep me company in the streets. I've had bearings that have been so extremely noisy, they've drawn unwanted attention to me as I try to blend in with the teens kids at the local.

I'll continue to lace up my shoes, hop on my board, and glide down the street, even if my bearings are a bit moody. After all, it's better than being stuck at home, feeling sad and alone haha.
Kids don't know about kindness these days.