Author Topic: Skateboarding conspiracies thread  (Read 175314 times)

Hefe43

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 175
Re: Skateboarding conspiracies thread
« Reply #660 on: March 30, 2019, 08:30:22 PM »
p-rod has single picnic table tricks spliced together into lines in his Me Myself and I part.

He skates two tables in the whole part. That’s some slick editing if that’s true.

It looks like it twitches but isn’t that the camera going from sun behind it to sun in front of it?

Any other clips like that where they’re spliced on video?
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 744
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #661 on: March 30, 2019, 09:06:08 PM »
Expand Quote
p-rod has single picnic table tricks spliced together into lines in his Me Myself and I part.
[close]

He skates two tables in the whole part. That’s some slick editing if that’s true.

It looks like it twitches but isn’t that the camera going from sun behind it to sun in front of it?

Definitely slick editing, but there's some uncanny valley shit going on with how close the filmer just happens to get during those lines. It's not impossible to splice together stuff like that. Difficult for sure, -if there are two single tricks spliced together, there would be a twitch, or a blur or lens flare or some sort of attempt to cover it and to distract the viewer. Not saying this is 100% fact, it's been a minute since I've watched the part, but I've always thought something was up.

Re: Other clips where they're spliced
Powell did it all the time

Edit: In the second line, there's a drastic white balance/color change on the second trick, the switch nosegrind fakie flip. Not sure if it's because of ramped slow mo or something... more.

Either way, I watched it at 0.25 speed on youtube and that's all I found. Gotta admit when I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 09:17:53 PM by Allen. »
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Soft Boiled

• Rep: 21
« Reply #662 on: March 31, 2019, 02:32:47 AM »
who really controls the skate industry?! we've heard of the #metoo movement and we've heard of that scumbag Neal Hendrix and Julz plus many other sketchy instances.

The power dynamics and getting a leg up in the scene. I think there's a subversive and insidious pedophile conditioning that seems cruel much like an Olympic trainer turned abuser, look at Shecks and Nyjah there's something fucky with kids being groomed in the industry.

One has to be wary of older mentorship dudes hanging with young boys or girls. Unless it's a father or mother helping out it seems just a bit weird.
I don’t know about all this, I think you may be reaching a bit. Sure there are creeps like Neal Hendrix, but I don’t see it as an industry wide problem. In fact, skateboarding probably has the least amount of funny business, compared to other major sports. I think you may be misusing the term Pedofile, as that pertains to prepubertal children, not just anybody under the age of 18. I find nothing wrong with mentoring a younger kid, though it’s probably best to stick to your own sex. There will always be those who prey on kids or take advantage of their naivety, but that happens in all aspects of life.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #663 on: March 31, 2019, 02:49:51 AM »
Expand Quote
who really controls the skate industry?! we've heard of the #metoo movement and we've heard of that scumbag Neal Hendrix and Julz plus many other sketchy instances.

The power dynamics and getting a leg up in the scene. I think there's a subversive and insidious pedophile conditioning that seems cruel much like an Olympic trainer turned abuser, look at Shecks and Nyjah there's something fucky with kids being groomed in the industry.

One has to be wary of older mentorship dudes hanging with young boys or girls. Unless it's a father or mother helping out it seems just a bit weird.
[close]
I don’t know about all this, I think you may be reaching a bit. Sure there are creeps like Neal Hendrix, but I don’t see it as an industry wide problem. In fact, skateboarding probably has the least amount of funny business, compared to other major sports. I think you may be misusing the term Pedofile, as that pertains to prepubertal children, not just anybody under the age of 18. I find nothing wrong with mentoring a younger kid, though it’s probably best to stick to your own sex. There will always be those who prey on kids or take advantage of their naivety, but that happens in all aspects of life.
   The skate industry uses and abuses youngsters for money not sexual assault.  There are isolated incidents tho and the underage demo chicks.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

SpankerChief

• Rep: 2
  • Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #664 on: March 31, 2019, 04:38:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
   The skate industry uses and abuses youngsters for money not sexual assault.  There are isolated incidents tho and the underage demo chicks.
I get it not all mentorship is bad or lecherous, however I do see it as kinda sketchy in those instances of SA has happened and others will come forward.
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #665 on: April 15, 2019, 02:07:44 PM »
All grip tape brands, other than jessup, are a front.

93toinfinity

• Rep: -6
« Reply #666 on: April 15, 2019, 02:16:18 PM »
Expand Quote

There are companies that had better wood for their riders. Kayo and Zero are boards I've personally seen. They had some boards that were impossible to break, they would just bend and warp like crazy. Compared to the normal boards that were in shops around here, it was day and night.
[close]

I don’t buy this one. They’ve had board that can bend and warp without breaking, and thinking that skateboard companies have the kind of money to make “special boards” for their riders is outlandish.
"Apologies aren't part of the Thrasher credo, unlike inhaling whippets and shooting h which I do every day."
-Jake Phelps 2017

JamesFardy

• Rep: 63
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #667 on: April 27, 2019, 08:07:39 PM »
It’s probably been discussed many time but can anyone clear up if Justin Roy slept with Kris markovichs wife? And because of this he was blacklisted from pro skateboarding.

Dr Hfuhruhurr

« Reply #668 on: April 27, 2019, 08:26:04 PM »
I have an old friend (haven’t seen him in probably over 10 years since he moved out of CA and I split for another state a few years later) that’s a somewhat well known rider for OJ to this day.

When he first got on OJ the urethane formulas weren’t the best so he would dye Bones SPF’s orange and hoped nobody would notice.

I dunno if he still does that.  I’ve been told their new urethane formulas are pretty good but I haven’t ridden OJ’s since ‘87/‘88 (I’m old)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 10:02:13 PM by Dr Hfuhruhurr »

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2277
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #669 on: April 27, 2019, 08:26:36 PM »
Expand Quote
It’s probably been discussed many time but can anyone clear up if Justin Roy slept with Kris markovichs wife? And because of this he was blacklisted from pro skateboarding.
[close]

Pretty sure he was "blacklisted" because he wasn't good at skating and had no business in pro skateboarding, regardless of who he fucked.

Did you go on a purge and delete a bunch of your posts to make yourself a newbie again? Not ready for Pal life?

Oh,and Roy works at Baker so he's still in the industry.  A kickflip back lip only got so many dudes by in the early 2000s

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

slappyjoes

• Rep: 40
« Reply #670 on: April 27, 2019, 08:32:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Definitely slick editing, but there's some uncanny valley shit going on with how close the filmer just happens to get during those lines. It's not impossible to splice together stuff like that. Difficult for sure, -if there are two single tricks spliced together, there would be a twitch, or a blur or lens flare or some sort of attempt to cover it and to distract the viewer. Not saying this is 100% fact, it's been a minute since I've watched the part, but I've always thought something was up.

Edit: In the second line, there's a drastic white balance/color change on the second trick, the switch nosegrind fakie flip. Not sure if it's because of ramped slow mo or something... more.

Either way, I watched it at 0.25 speed on youtube and that's all I found. Gotta admit when I could be wrong.

First thing that comes to my mind is ben hatchells line in fun at 1:27

If you look closely at 1:29 you can see its spliced together

« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 08:35:13 PM by slappyjoes »

Crack Whore

• Rep: -16
  • no double on the midnight menu
« Reply #671 on: April 27, 2019, 08:59:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Pretty sure he was "blacklisted" because he wasn't good at skating and had no business in pro skateboarding, regardless of who he fucked.

[close]
Did you go on a purge and delete a bunch of your posts to make yourself a newbie again? Not ready for Pal life?

Oh,and Roy works at Baker so he's still in the industry.  A kickflip back lip only got so many dudes by in the early 2000s
[close]

The ability to delete posts is my favorite feature of Slap, fucking with the time/space continuum.

double take
All you shiteating faggots saying i cant ollie need to shut the fuck up. Of course i can ollie, im just critiquing the brail skateboarding video where the guy says to pop straight up.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #672 on: April 27, 2019, 09:46:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

The ability to delete posts is my favorite feature of Slap, fucking with the time/space continuum.
Whoa easy there Neo!

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 805
« Reply #673 on: April 27, 2019, 10:45:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the guy that fucked Markovich's wife was a flow rider from Oklahoma named Rob.  Justin was always good friends with Markovich.  Also, i think he might be back living in Louisiana now.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #674 on: April 28, 2019, 01:08:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

First thing that comes to my mind is ben hatchells line in fun at 1:27

If you look closely at 1:29 you can see its spliced together

holy shit they faded those clips together

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #675 on: April 28, 2019, 09:00:53 AM »
I remember seeing that at the time and not knowing if it was intentional to fake the line or just to keep the continuity of where your eyes already are, but more than likely it was the former.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #676 on: April 28, 2019, 03:29:26 PM »
I remember seeing that at the time and not knowing if it was intentional to fake the line or just to keep the continuity of where your eyes already are, but more than likely it was the former.

You guys have good eyeballs, I would have never caught that. I wonder if Ben Hatchell gave the OK to pull that shady move.

euro tm

« Reply #677 on: April 28, 2019, 03:29:53 PM »
hahahahahaha i can't believe he skated to that song

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #678 on: April 28, 2019, 03:38:16 PM »
Either these dudes gave it a go ahead or havent noticed,I'm sure Prod set some of those lines up. Thinking they're sneaky and shit...

slappyjoes

• Rep: 40
« Reply #679 on: April 28, 2019, 04:51:51 PM »

Thought the same when i first saw it to. Still not sure either

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #680 on: April 28, 2019, 06:08:56 PM »
Mark Appleyards real name is Mike
and his last name is applesauce

SadandLonely

• Rep: -30
« Reply #681 on: April 28, 2019, 06:49:34 PM »
Loopholes are F4's with a different name.

DamianStachelski

• Rep: 5
« Reply #682 on: April 28, 2019, 08:15:26 PM »
Panama Dan isn't actually from Panama

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #683 on: April 28, 2019, 09:08:02 PM »
PJ has 9-10 minutes of VX footy that was suppose to be for the Plan B video before they decided to start from scratch and go HD.........

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #684 on: April 29, 2019, 01:30:50 AM »
Either these dudes gave it a go ahead or havent noticed,I'm sure Prod set some of those lines up. Thinking they're sneaky and shit...

I watched the p-rod lines I brought up at 1/4 speed and it seems like there was a change in brightness or contrast or both in one of the lines but that’s it. That said that’s probably what I noticed subliminally when watching that part but couldn’t put my finger on it.

Nobody knows that they saw it, but they did.

tony_margera

« Reply #685 on: April 29, 2019, 09:43:23 AM »
In the battle at the berrics, how much movie magic is actually used in the editing room during these games? I refuse to believe professionals are so good at skateboarding that they do not consecutively fall on flatground tricks in a game of SKATE. It's disingenuous to the layman and sets an unrealistic expectation for me and my fellow flat-g connoisseurs. I want to see my favorite pros slam on my go-to tricks
  yes.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #686 on: April 29, 2019, 11:42:34 AM »

Re-watched - it's on purpose for sure. That song is so bad.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #687 on: April 29, 2019, 12:20:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Re-watched - it's on purpose for sure. That song is so bad.
100% taking your word for it to not hear that song

topblagger

« Reply #688 on: April 29, 2019, 01:01:00 PM »
In middle school a kid on my bus told me that the Adidas logo was actually a pot leaf.

Years ago the dude at Slam City Skates told me the Volcom logo is the flame from a pipe (I forget if it was weed or crack) and that they used to have a pipe looking bit but it was removed at some point.

Dustwardprez

« Reply #689 on: April 29, 2019, 04:43:34 PM »
PJ has 9-10 minutes of VX footy that was suppose to be for the Plan B video before they decided to start from scratch and go HD.........

I heard this too. Wouldn’t surprise me.