Author Topic: Herman’s new shoe company  (Read 44191 times)

Billy Bitchcakes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 488
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
Re: Herman’s new shoe company
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2018, 02:24:45 PM »
Honestly speaking, is it possible to make a new shoe brand these days and make it as big as the Corp brands. Filament tried and failed and Diamond had a strong start with their marketing but I still have yet to see them in the wild. Same thing goes with straye and state. It’s obvious that Corp brands have deep pockets so how is it possible to outshine a brand like that coming in this brand new and not as big of a backing? Even if say you got a new up and coming skater that can bring notice and hype to your new company it has been proven time and time again that they will eventually be bought out. It just seems like an expensive and impossible feat.

they should watch that dr dre docu on netflix and follow what he did with his headphones
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 409
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2018, 02:27:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Honestly speaking, is it possible to make a new shoe brand these days and make it as big as the Corp brands. Filament tried and failed and Diamond had a strong start with their marketing but I still have yet to see them in the wild. Same thing goes with straye and state. It’s obvious that Corp brands have deep pockets so how is it possible to outshine a brand like that coming in this brand new and not as big of a backing? Even if say you got a new up and coming skater that can bring notice and hype to your new company it has been proven time and time again that they will eventually be bought out. It just seems like an expensive and impossible feat.
[close]

they should watch that dr dre docu on netflix and follow what he did with his headphones

Add weights to them so they're heavier and therefore people assume they're higher quality and will pay more for them?

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2018, 02:52:30 PM »

I agree. Funny to think Footprint is actually a shoe company now also, and has been for like over a year. I have never seen them in person, or anyone even skating them even on instagram lol. Seems like Straye is the only one with a decent business plan going, based off Jamie's Bunt interview when he was talking about what Angel is trying to do with it. They aren't bankrupting themselves by trying to be super core either, just having a respectable(-ish) team to represent the brand and making affordable and skateable product.

I hope this brand for Herman and Ellington isn't a huge flop. But damn - shoe market is a tough one.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Herman’s new shoe
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2018, 03:11:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Rory & Lucien are on Reebok, but was not sure if they intened on starting an actual skate division.

Last I heard on Hours, is that they are super in debt already, and 6 months behind schedule. Curious to see what happens with it and if they are linked with Rebook.
[close]

Really hope it’s not called hours... a shitty name can destroy a brand from the get go IMO. I do believe they are probably super in debt already. It’s a couple million to make multiple models and color ways, non generic molds, and a full size run with enough to sell. I just hope Herm isn’t partially funding this with his St. Archer money. 💸
[close]

bryan owns a weed farm in colorado and the hollywood pharmacy shop as well. he’s financially stable.
Nothing says financially stable like owning a skate shop and growing weed

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1363
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2018, 03:32:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Burn the original manufactures and commit IP theft, then take their brand name to a giant corporation that buys the brand just so they can slap another logo on their product everyone already uses?

[close]

Add weights to them so they're heavier and therefore people assume they're higher quality and will pay more for them?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2018, 03:34:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well that’s what they did with Supra (get them on rappers/influencers feet). 

All these new shoe brands and even Emerica and Lakai do one thing wrong - they don’t make good looking/interesting shoes.   Half their line are look like winos and he other half are Reynolds old shoes

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2018, 04:26:23 PM »
Shoes don't look too bad but Hours is a shitty name. It's bland and roo similar to Numbers.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2018, 04:40:40 PM »
yipes. those don't look good.

Mongoloid

« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2018, 04:43:56 PM »
Looks very similar to Supra's.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2018, 04:59:48 PM »
they unfortunately remind me of these

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2018, 05:23:31 PM »
Ha.  is  "luciens homie" the new, "Euro TM"?

No, thanks to Brexit

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2018, 05:28:12 PM »
wow that logo hit on the side of the shoe is dogshit.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
Re: Herman’s new shoe
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2018, 05:59:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ellington has always had the best shoe designs, and making them look different from the typical skate shoe so I'm excited to see what designs they create. I used to buy Supra because they didn't look like every other shoe and I'm hoping for this company to be in same.

When it comes to shoe companies, if they don't share a distro with anybody they gotta make their own molds, correct? That probably means they're going to be a little pricey
[close]

Back when these came out we couldn't get people to buy these on sale. They were ugly as hell in person.

[close]

My best friend's dad still has a pair of the two tone brown ones. He's a Rasta dj and used to have the full Bob marley/adelmo Jr. look going and they complement his kit well. My character in THPS4 is running them

Those shoes aren't in THP4.. pretty sure you're thinking of Muska's 503 shoe from circa.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2018, 07:36:24 PM »
Expand Quote
I’m gonna assume with the hourglass logo whoever on here who said they changed the name and were in debt was talking out of their ass.
[close]

Think you're meshing what me & IHOP said.

Being in debt does not mean they won't be able to get the product off their ground.

True.  I’m not a fan seeing them up close but the silohuette I like. I just want herm and Ellington to get what they deserve out of this, they’ve both been hella loyal from day one. I know it’s not just me and Skatan who were in love with Herman 2s. If we could get another one of those I’d be hyped. Perhaps when this current era of skating finally dies down in the next year or two we’ll see the small brands thrive again. I still see a lot of emerica and Lakai around the parks here in LA. It’s a lot of them and vans I see around.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

SkateChimney

• Rep: -29
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2018, 11:14:35 PM »
its really hard to come up with a new shoe that people will actually buy. Most skaters wear vulc vans/emerica/janoski style shoes and quite frankly nike and vans have it covered. People are over the innovative athletic style shoes of the nineties/early 00's (which i grew up on and really miss personally).

If you go on filament, state's website right now they are making shoes identical to the ones the top brands make (check for yourself), shoes with the likeness to the Chima shoe, janoski, vans era, huf shoes etc. I get why they do this, theyre being giving the market what they want, but your gonna be really hard pressed to compete with the big corpos and pry people away from what they know and trust in these big companies.

I feel the best way to get a shoe brand of ground and get skaters buying is to have a really interesting team that does shit a little bit different and looks a lil bit different i.e Magenta & Isle. they both have really interesting styles and each dude brings something different to the table. where as Filament and states teams have greats skaters but theyre just vanilla no mike Arnold level dudes

IHOP

« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2018, 12:02:40 AM »
Its been said a 100 times but a big reason corpo shoe brands are successful is because core brands have tried copying blazers, superstars, chucks, and every other staple shoe for decades, now you can just buy the original shoe that more suitable for skating.  Older people understand why its best to keep our economy within skateboarding/not sports brands, but kids run the market and dont give a shit.

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2018, 03:02:06 AM »
Shoes don't look too bad but and Hours Hookers is a shitty name.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2018, 03:33:46 AM »
With that logo I assume Natasha Romanoff will be their first female pro

PeggyHillsShittySpanish

• Rep: 2
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2018, 09:29:41 AM »
RIP all of their money

I am a huge Herman fan. The shoe business is certainly a lucrative one. The shoes look fucking awful. I don’t see this going well. Hours is also a terrible name. I read someone once referred to Ellington’s style as “confused thug pirate” and I still laugh about that.

WhitneyAZ

• Rep: -2
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2018, 10:57:17 AM »
have faith idiots.  these guys are millionaires and you're all broke and bitter so wait and see. 

euro tm

« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2018, 11:35:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Ha.  is  "luciens homie" the new, "Euro TM"?
[close]

No, thanks to Brexit

gotta change my name now

micky682

« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2018, 03:35:58 PM »
have faith idiots.  these guys are millionaires and you're all broke and bitter so wait and see.
You're totally right, look at Lakai. It is the number one shoe company out now.

GinosGroceries

« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2018, 04:32:57 PM »

Having money doesn't guarantee success. Also I don't feel like anybody is being bitter. If anything, we're concerned that they're going to lose money.

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2018, 04:48:06 PM »
Why is it everyone says “it’s the worst time to start a shoe brand” yet 5/6 new core skate shoe companies have broke out.

I’m pretty sure when the ‘small’ board brand wave started people said similar.

The logo is pretty on the nose and screams of a mid 2010’s Tshirt brand. None the less the speculated team are OGs and a heavy sports influenced skate shoe brand that isn’t Es could find a place in a saturated market who knows.

Also I’ve never seen Diamond shoes on anybody’s feet.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2018, 05:02:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You're totally right, look at Lakai. It is the number one shoe company out now.
Lakai bought me and the boys a bunch of free drinks and food a few weeks ago and I got to meet mike carrol and Tony hawk and Rick Howard so they’ll get some sales from me in the near future.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2018, 05:06:44 PM »
Why is it everyone says “it’s the worst time to start a shoe brand” yet 5/6 new core skate shoe companies have broke out.

I’m pretty sure when the ‘small’ board brand wave started people said similar.

The logo is pretty on the nose and screams of a mid 2010’s Tshirt brand. None the less the speculated team are OGs and a heavy sports influenced skate shoe brand that isn’t Es could find a place in a saturated market who knows.

Also I’ve never seen Diamond shoes on anybody’s feet.
i agree , what if these rip. Everyone said it was crazy when they made Supra and it blew up. I know we’ve seen the runner toe make a small come up this decade but I’d love a more athletic 90s sports style shoe right now. I love the classic court shoe look of blazers and the classic basketball of the dunks but I could use a little shake up. Just make them last as long and we’re good. Idk what Nike does with the suede on their shoes but it lasts way too long.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2018, 06:16:58 PM »
Honestly I think Ellington should have just moved back to Emerica and Herman should have just stayed put. In around 2-3 years piss drunx will be in fashion again so I'm surprised Emerica didn't pre-empt it

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Tommy G

• Rep: -10
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2018, 06:52:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree. Funny to think Footprint is actually a shoe company now also, and has been for like over a year. I have never seen them in person, or anyone even skating them even on instagram lol. Seems like Straye is the only one with a decent business plan going, based off Jamie's Bunt interview when he was talking about what Angel is trying to do with it. They aren't bankrupting themselves by trying to be super core either, just having a respectable(-ish) team to represent the brand and making affordable and skateable product.

I hope this brand for Herman and Ellington isn't a huge flop. But damn - shoe market is a tough one.

Main reason Footprint hasn't been popular is because of their shitty business dealings with shops. My shop tried to order them and each time they got delayed or stiffed.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2018, 07:20:48 PM »
Main reason Footprint hasn't been popular is because of their shitty business dealings with shops. My shop tried to order them and each time they got delayed or stiffed.
yes, that's definitely the main reason

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3388
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2018, 07:57:48 PM »
That Footprint shoe looks like something you'd make in kindergarten on the day when the teacher pulled out the felt and scissors.