Author Topic: Berrics - In Transition (Daewon, Greyson, Raney, Rayborn, Burnquist etc.)!!  (Read 33617 times)

firstmiddlelastlastlast

All of the skating is sick and all of the spots aside from Bingaman have made these parts interesting. The best filming has been in Remillard's, but  Raney wins in my book for being articulate and having a message.

ADOLF SHITLER

Expand Quote

people saying Ben Raemer's part looked weak are crazy.  that 5-0 to fakie was fucking ridiculous.  looked like he had to maneuver through some fucked up, kinked shit fakie, going fast as hell

[close]

That place is seriously crusty

You're right, no way was Raemers stuff weak at all.
youre tripping hard if you think the park looked like that in the video. the flatbottom looked fucked up in a few spots but its clearly been repaired since this photo

Pavementi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
I wanted to love Bingaman's part, but that was some bad filming and editing.

Skating was great but there was too much shaky camera work, too many random cuts, and the filmer cut the board or head out of frame most of the time. That was a pisser.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
I liked Bingaman's part, I skate Power Inn a lot, kind of rad to see someone destroy it on that level. To the people saying the stuff is small, a lot of those bowls he is skating are 7 - 9" deep, that's not really small.

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
fs k-grind fakie. cut. print. done. we have a winner.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
Daewon will win

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
whoever edited Rune's part must die. That switch flip to semi hang up was insane, but mostly it came off a lot like a vert part. Who the hell did they build that park for?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Harsh_euro_barge

The filming, and editing blew hard in Rune's part. And what the fuck was going on with the music?!

cuntzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
Can the mega ramp be counted as tranny? Seems totally different than skating a bowl, especially if the tricks are over the gap.
I was just thinking about this. Most of these guys are skating big, (a lot sketchy DIY) concrete parks, padless and helmet less.... and then you got Bob skating a megaramp....
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

AdrianLopez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
Rune put out the best part so far, let alone for the Penny cameo.

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.

Don't be an asshole and don't yo flip! - Kyle Frederick

Dead Man

• Rep: -5
Re: Berrics - In Transition (Daewon, Greyson, Raney, Rayborn, Burnquist etc.)!!
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2014, 06:26:01 AM »
whoever edited Rune's part must die. That switch flip to semi hang up was insane, but mostly it came off a lot like a vert part. Who the hell did they build that park for?

Obviously for Rune

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2014, 06:32:04 AM »
Rune's part was kind of against the spirit of the contest. Skating a vert ramp and a street section in a transition video part is pretty wack, even if they are technically all in the same park.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2014, 09:42:44 AM »
I liked Runes part - that last rock'n'roll slide is crazy!! (but I'm also danish, so I might be 100 % biased.)

...but the editing was annoying! It reminds me of people in their 40s still being blown away by the fact you've made a Power Point representation.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2014, 09:58:25 AM »
skating a vert ramp in a transition part is wack?  no comprende.   also he had 1 street trick, which was a Tom Penny cameo moment

for me Rune's ties for first with Greyshon.  i'm partial because i love Rune, but come on.  back tail on oververt?  rune fucking kills

i remember he broke his wrist in that contest a while back.  nice to see it didn't slow him down
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2014, 11:04:42 AM »
definitely dig runes part. those oververt tricks were gnarly as fuck.

shone237

« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2014, 11:07:49 AM »
the editing and the lack of lines made Runes part feel dated.

ALZ

• Rep: 1
« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2014, 11:11:38 AM »
Runes part killed. Been waiting for some new stuff from him.

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2014, 11:57:07 AM »
RUNE GLIFBERG EVERYBODY!!

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65239
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2014, 12:09:43 PM »
I guess they're pretty open minded about what's transition and what is not. Would be quite difficult though to argue that vert ain't tranny.

Rune is still crazy after all these years and sweet ass kickflip from Penny.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2014, 12:20:15 PM »
are people really objecting to the 1 trash can trick?  to me that was basically a cameo shot, like Raney having Ronnie Sandoval and Tony M. 

the only other arguable one was a quarter pipe trick.  if Raney can have tricks on that 3 ft. quarter pipe in Oakland i think this one's ok too

no disrespect to Raney's part.  obviously it's gnarly and hard to skate, but how high is the biggest wall there?  7 feet?
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2014, 12:41:17 PM »
runes was by far the best so far, unbelievable

back tail over vert skyscraper? come on

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2014, 01:08:02 PM »
Congratulations to Bingaman, he did the 1 millionth tailslide of the contest!! Tisket a tasket, this motherfucker is getting a gift basket!

Why do you even bother?

Bagger Vance

• Rep: -10
  • Think I give a fuck bout sparkles?
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2014, 01:37:01 PM »
that over vert shit was gnarly. The editing was a bit much but other than that I liked rune's part.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2014, 01:52:04 PM »
I guess they're pretty open minded about what's transition and what is not. Would be quite difficult though to argue that vert ain't tranny.

I'm not saying its not tranny, I'm saying its boring circus trick bullshit tranny- aka, vert. No lines, no variation, just a bunch of single over-tech tricks that are boring as shit to watch and a dude going back and forth instead of coming up with interesting lines.

are people really objecting to the 1 trash can trick?  to me that was basically a cameo shot, like Raney having Ronnie Sandoval and Tony M.  

the only other arguable one was a quarter pipe trick.  if Raney can have tricks on that 3 ft. quarter pipe in Oakland i think this one's ok too

no disrespect to Raney's part.  obviously it's gnarly and hard to skate, but how high is the biggest wall there?  7 feet?
You have lost the right to comment and be taken seriously on this thread. Do you actually think that was just a regular 3 foot spine? Ha. You fucking moron. Have you ever skated DIY? That shit has holes across the bottom, no way to really naturally approach it, and coping that is about 8 inches wider than the top of the spine. Its rough, its inconsistent...I could go on forever.  Along with the fact that shit gets bigger there, a DIY park is simply gnarlier than a prefab cement park.  You are right about "no disrespect to Raney's part," because nobody would take such a stupid fucking criticism seriously. You only really disrespected yourself.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2014, 02:26:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I'm not saying its not tranny, I'm saying its boring circus trick bullshit tranny- aka, vert. No lines, no variation, just a bunch of single over-tech tricks that are boring as shit to watch and a dude going back and forth instead of coming up with interesting lines.

Expand Quote
are people really objecting to the 1 trash can trick?  to me that was basically a cameo shot, like Raney having Ronnie Sandoval and Tony M.  

the only other arguable one was a quarter pipe trick.  if Raney can have tricks on that 3 ft. quarter pipe in Oakland i think this one's ok too

no disrespect to Raney's part.  obviously it's gnarly and hard to skate, but how high is the biggest wall there?  7 feet?
[close]
You have lost the right to comment and be taken seriously on this thread. Do you actually think that was just a regular 3 foot spine? Ha. You fucking moron. Have you ever skated DIY? That shit has holes across the bottom, no way to really naturally approach it, and coping that is about 8 inches wider than the top of the spine. Its rough, its inconsistent...I could go on forever.  Along with the fact that shit gets bigger there, a DIY park is simply gnarlier than a prefab cement park.  You are right about "no disrespect to Raney's part," because nobody would take such a stupid fucking criticism seriously. You only really disrespected yourself.

"Have you ever skated DIY?"  you sound like a real tough guy gipper.   do you even lift?

i guess i should expect this kind of response from a 30 year old man who spends all day getting angry and arguing with 14 year olds online.

if you read my post, i was responding to people taking issue with Rune's "street" part and, i'm guessing, the quarterpipe he had a trick on.  

let's face it, this is not that big:

[Raney seems like he's about 4 1/2 feet tall.  so that puts this quarter at about 2 feet, give or take]

if you're saying you have a hard time skating that quarter pipe you must be the biggest pussy on this forum heheheheeh

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2014, 06:31:43 PM »
^^you'd be surprised. that spine is actually pretty gnarly in person. unfortunately it looks pretty dainty on footage.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2014, 06:32:24 PM »
 Honestly floop, have you ever skated a legit diy park? I seriously doubt it, making your shitty opinion worthless on the subject.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2014, 07:05:21 PM »
wow rune is fuckin gnarly, totally different flavor skating the bigger stuff. best oververt skater ever?

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2014, 07:36:37 PM »
I've enjoyed them all so far!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2014, 08:11:48 PM »
I've enjoyed them all so far!
Despite my hating, I back this.