Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 364671 times)

Gland Dongzig

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 55
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #5460 on: February 17, 2024, 08:32:40 PM »
Expand Quote
For shop day I got some 5.8’s in the loose version and as someone who has had to modify their Venture bushings for 2 decades..I really enjoy the first session on them. Almost a little too loose at nut flush which I never thought possible
[close]

I know!!! Isn't it the best.

No other truck ever will match the New TOTAL Venture vibe. They have it all now. Lows. Good purps. Cut green bushing option. Wooden 3ply risers that match. They got Thunder for people who don't wanna ride the ACTUAL best.

We are living Pals.
AndYo
Everyone who tries my set ups without looking, who's been around since baby bloards says. YO! THATS VENTURE!?! That feels like an Indy 7 or 8.
I'm just like I wouldn't know. I was in the Natas click. I'm looking for that Grind King King Pin that's too long for the hanger fuckin Gullwing feeling.

Speed whobbles happen like never even with the jingles going. My fuckin purples even jingle in my 6.1s. of say at this time I've won. Idk how I did it. Now no one can call my shits broken.
absolutely Flea! stability and looseness? yezzir  :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 02:30:41 AM by Gland Dongzig »

rikki

• Rep: 302
« Reply #5461 on: February 18, 2024, 12:23:57 AM »
I just wanted to say that I absolutely fucking love my 5.6 V-Lights. For some reason I keep switching to another complete that has Indys on it, but somehow it always ends up lefting me wanting. Coming back to Ventures feels RIGHT every time. They seem to vibrate on some good frequency that has a certain unexplicable mojo. Hard to explain. Maybe you know.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5462 on: February 18, 2024, 02:15:52 AM »
I just wanted to say that I absolutely fucking love my 5.6 V-Lights. For some reason I keep switching to another complete that has Indys on it, but somehow it always ends up lefting me wanting. Coming back to Ventures feels RIGHT every time. They seem to vibrate on some good frequency that has a certain unexplicable mojo. Hard to explain. Maybe you know.

That's what it's like to skate Awakened.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 02:36:03 AM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

FrenchSkater

• Rep: 28
« Reply #5463 on: February 18, 2024, 09:25:22 PM »

After PJ and Brandon Westgate, Yuto now skates the High Hollows too.. From what I looked at, this Kader model is only available in 5.6 and 5.8, so Yuto would have increased his board size as well.

I have the impression that the low ventures are disappearing for pro skaters, I even wonder if deluxe will not stop their production.. Finally for the pros, I have the impression that deluxe no longer provides them for the lows, maybe ..

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1018
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #5464 on: February 18, 2024, 09:44:09 PM »
Maybe he just posted a pic to promote Kader's [new] truck? Team vibes?

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #5465 on: February 18, 2024, 09:57:30 PM »

After PJ and Brandon Westgate, Yuto now skates the High Hollows too.. From what I looked at, this Kader model is only available in 5.6 and 5.8, so Yuto would have increased his board size as well.

I have the impression that the low ventures are disappearing for pro skaters, I even wonder if deluxe will not stop their production.. Finally for the pros, I have the impression that deluxe no longer provides them for the lows, maybe ..

yo! where is this yuto scoop? i’m interested. a lot.

FrenchSkater

« Reply #5466 on: February 18, 2024, 11:44:01 PM »
Maybe he just posted a pic to promote Kader's [new] truck? Team vibes?

I don't know.. It seems to be his and a photo taken of himself. We will probably have another confirmation a little later haha

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
« Reply #5467 on: February 19, 2024, 08:36:26 AM »
I can’t see them ever doing it if they haven’t done it by now….the dust has settled.  I think if you really want them, just skate an 8.125 on 5.2’s….of course no one could convince me of that, and now I find myself in 5.2 highs?

On some inside baseball venture nerd shit…I saw Ben D snagged a whole grip of gold truck hardware for old times sake….

chaosisme

• Rep: 56
  • mankind is unkind man
« Reply #5468 on: February 20, 2024, 04:07:01 PM »
I have a take that people might disagree with but after 2 decades of skating any deck i pick up or randomly get given, I don’t think wheelbase matters really at all, at worst it might feel weird for half an hour and then you get used to it, it’s really not worth stressing over, one of the worst parts of madness

Also, ventures are just perfect as they are, they don’t really need things changing, just skate them as they are out of the box with no adjustments and they’re lovely

As I said, I’m sure people will disagree but save yourself some time and energy when picking a deck, just pick something that fits the width and try not to let the numbers mess with your head

Board Madness is genuinely awful
mankind is unkind man

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5469 on: February 20, 2024, 04:30:47 PM »
I have a take that people might disagree with but after 2 decades of skating any deck i pick up or randomly get given, I don’t think wheelbase matters really at all, at worst it might feel weird for half an hour and then you get used to it, it’s really not worth stressing over, one of the worst parts of madness

Also, ventures are just perfect as they are, they don’t really need things changing, just skate them as they are out of the box with no adjustments and they’re lovely

As I said, I’m sure people will disagree but save yourself some time and energy when picking a deck, just pick something that fits the width and try not to let the numbers mess with your head

which ventures do you favor?
not a lot of folks been riding the hi’s for the last 2 decades

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5470 on: February 20, 2024, 06:24:30 PM »

Since we're throwing numbers around....After 4 decades +

Can I skate any WB? Yes.

Does every WB feel comfortable? No (I could NOT skate transition with a 14" WB and have any sense of stability at speed).

Why be uncomfortable?

For me, any companies stock bushings being 190lbs+ are too soft, including Venture.

Just because whatever the fuck you pick up, get gifted or steal from a hobo works for you (and I'm glad that works for you) doesn't mean it applies to everyone and assuming that it does for others is just naive my dude. If this were true, there would be but one board, wheel and truck size (90a duro bushings seem to be the only common denominator across skating other than 7 ball bearings, and bolt/nut thread size).

I guarantee you if I gifted you a 7.675 with a 13"WB and 5.2 venture lows and 52mm wheels, you'd probably want to adjust something...what's that you say? You wouldn't pick choose those stats on those parts? Huh, guess not everything works...

chaosisme

• mankind is unkind man
« Reply #5471 on: February 20, 2024, 10:33:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Since we're throwing numbers around....After 4 decades +

Can I skate any WB? Yes.

Does every WB feel comfortable? No (I could NOT skate transition with a 14" WB and have any sense of stability at speed).

Why be uncomfortable?

For me, any companies stock bushings being 190lbs+ are too soft, including Venture.

Just because whatever the fuck you pick up, get gifted or steal from a hobo works for you (and I'm glad that works for you) doesn't mean it applies to everyone and assuming that it does for others is just naive my dude. If this were true, there would be but one board, wheel and truck size (90a duro bushings seem to be the only common denominator across skating other than 7 ball bearings, and bolt/nut thread size).

I guarantee you if I gifted you a 7.675 with a 13"WB and 5.2 venture lows and 52mm wheels, you'd probably want to adjust something...what's that you say? You wouldn't pick choose those stats on those parts? Huh, guess not everything works...

The last board I skated was 7.75 with lows and 48 mm wheels and I had loads of fun, it was weird but definitely fun and now I’m skating a 8.6 with 5.8 ventures and 52mm wheels, that feels massive but also really fun in its own way!

I wasn’t saying that everyone will feel the same, I’ve just never felt uncomfortable on any kind of WB. I’ve skated 7.75 with 13.75 WB in transition and 9” with 15 WB in transition and both were great, I see a lot of board madness on here and Instagram from people who seem to spend more time picking a board than they do actually just skating

My comment wasn’t meant as an order to people and wasn’t meant to be taken as gospel, I think it might just matter less than SOME people might think and new skaters might read in to the madness.

As for the trucks, i get that modding is fun but sometimes it seems that people change their trucks so much that they may as welll just skate a different truck and it seems some people will buy loads of extra stuff for their ventures before they just actually give them time to break in and become the perfect truck that they are
mankind is unkind man

chaosisme

• mankind is unkind man
« Reply #5472 on: February 20, 2024, 10:36:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

which ventures do you favor?
not a lot of folks been riding the hi’s for the last 2 decades

I have skated lows a lot but I think 5.8 lights might be the perfect size and weight, they go with so many board sizes, it’s crazy

Skated them on 14 - 14.5 WB and both felt great
mankind is unkind man

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5473 on: February 23, 2024, 05:52:32 PM »
im on 14.5 with forged baseplates
the idea that it shouldnt work is greatly exaggerated

@munchbox
A buddy of mine tends to skate the same things, every time I step on his board(s) I instantly think "huh, this feels super comfy..."and never put much thought into (this was mostly during the time I was forcing/trying to make 14" WB and narrow boards work).

What does he skate?

14.5 WB (either Baker/DW or Primitives, 8.5s, sometimes 8.75") with Thunders (teams or lites, doesn't matter, he just buys what's there based on width of deck he's setting up if he doesn't already have it).

14.5" WB + Thunders (stock)

I recently nabbed a longer than I usually ride 8.5" with a 14.5" WB...it has wheel wells...so thunders it is.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5474 on: February 23, 2024, 06:03:56 PM »
Expand Quote
im on 14.5 with forged baseplates
the idea that it shouldnt work is greatly exaggerated
[close]

@munchbox
A buddy of mine tends to skate the same things, every time I step on his board(s) I instantly think "huh, this feels super comfy..."and never put much thought into (this was mostly during the time I was forcing/trying to make 14" WB and narrow boards work).

What does he skate?

14.5 WB (either Baker/DW or Primitives, 8.5s, sometimes 8.75") with Thunders (teams or lites, doesn't matter, he just buys what's there based on width of deck he's setting up if he doesn't already have it).

14.5" WB + Thunders (stock)

I recently nabbed a longer than I usually ride 8.5" with a 14.5" WB...it has wheel wells...so thunders it is.

currently skating a 14.43 wb with thunder 149 teams. love it.

but i skate for venture

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #5475 on: February 26, 2024, 10:00:52 AM »
i feel like i know the answer to this but just want to be sure.  its fine to swap bushings from a set of 5.8s into some 6.1s yeah?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5476 on: February 26, 2024, 10:57:02 AM »
i feel like i know the answer to this but just want to be sure.  its fine to swap bushings from a set of 5.8s into some 6.1s yeah?

@shawngreg Yessir

hiljentaa

• Rep: 317
« Reply #5477 on: February 27, 2024, 05:59:10 PM »
Looking for the best tool to access the front two nuts on Ventures.

I put low-profile nuts on when I setup my latest board and with the Indy "Bearing Saver" T-Tool, I cannot get the front two nuts as tight as I'd like.

I could easily revert to normal nuts and this would be a non-issue, but this is my insanity.

I tried my friend's Silver tool on this setup and it didn't help any more than my tool.

Wondering if the Spitfire tool would work better, or I may just try to find a nut-driver with the most minimal chamfering around the nut-opening(?)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5478 on: February 27, 2024, 07:06:36 PM »
Spitfire tool FTW, the skinny shaft gets a better grip on the nut that other tools, not perfect but as good as it gets without needing a separate spanner like Diamond hardware gives.

The Spitfire tool has way less flash than other tools but it lasts forever, I've broken countless Silver and Unit tools trying to remove stubborn axle nuts in the past.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Crailslideyoface

• Rep: 42
« Reply #5479 on: February 27, 2024, 07:14:43 PM »
Just set up a pair of 6.1s today and am pretty stoked on them. Coming from Ace Classic 55s. If anyone has been on the fence about them, I’d say get them.
I wanna crap in a box just to mail it to you so your bitch ass can smell it

Banned from the room

« Reply #5480 on: February 27, 2024, 07:49:57 PM »
Looking for the best tool to access the front two nuts on Ventures.

I put low-profile nuts on when I setup my latest board and with the Indy "Bearing Saver" T-Tool, I cannot get the front two nuts as tight as I'd like.

I could easily revert to normal nuts and this would be a non-issue, but this is my insanity.

I tried my friend's Silver tool on this setup and it didn't help any more than my tool.

Wondering if the Spitfire tool would work better, or I may just try to find a nut-driver with the most minimal chamfering around the nut-opening(?)

Did yall see the new Reverse Bridge bolts? The bridge your nuts together like the length ways so your nuts will never loosen? They was on the Dan Channel while back i think.

Orchard has a tool that looks like it would be good for venture. I think its called RUSH. Like 13 bucks i think. I might try the Web Tool next

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5481 on: February 27, 2024, 07:53:28 PM »
Just set up a pair of 6.1s today and am pretty stoked on them. Coming from Ace Classic 55s. If anyone has been on the fence about them, I’d say get them.

i like my 6.1s, and i fondly reminisce about my classic 55s.
funny in that i generally don’t like big setups.

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #5482 on: February 27, 2024, 08:12:19 PM »
I just use a drill to do my trucks, I got a long skinny extension and a bit for the nuts. then I use an allen key to hold in place. makes setting up a board take like 2 seconds. I have no problem w/ the front bolts.

skate tool and ventures brings me back to 2007 though, it's possible w/ the unit tool in a pinch but sometimes you'll have to tighten/loosen from the other side and risk twisting that grip up, gotta angle it. that's where indy and ace win, that easy access w/ any skate tool.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
« Reply #5483 on: February 27, 2024, 09:08:18 PM »
I use a silver tool on silverados and it works, you just have to give it a bit more space by moving the hanger…

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5484 on: February 27, 2024, 09:14:54 PM »
I use a silver tool on silverados and it works, you just have to give it a bit more space by moving the hanger…

Silver user here (file fell off and the allen/phillips bit won't stay in, but man that thing is sooooo ancient; skips ratcheting now and again); it works well enough, get's stuck sometimes tho. The Ace and spit tools I have also work fine (tho the spit tool has a file on the barrel and shreds my hangers =D

Anything is better than tightening via bolt over the nut.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #5485 on: February 27, 2024, 11:10:21 PM »
ace af1 tool fits perfectly, no need to move the hanger or anything. it's probably the best skate tool all around.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5486 on: February 28, 2024, 12:11:08 PM »
ace af1 tool fits perfectly, no need to move the hanger or anything. it's probably the best skate tool all around.

Big fan of the Ace AF1 tool, hard to beat the feature count.

boofactory

• Rep: 24
« Reply #5487 on: March 02, 2024, 01:49:49 PM »
Anyone skate ventures on the dlx twin tail with the 14.44 wheelbase? Thoughts on how it feels?

Rick Trapasso

• Rep: 11
« Reply #5488 on: March 02, 2024, 02:35:02 PM »
Anyone skate ventures on the dlx twin tail with the 14.44 wheelbase? Thoughts on how it feels?

Sorry to split hairs but it's a 14.4 wb.

That's what Bobby rides, and Ishod rides the same board on thunders. Both of which push your wb out farther than other trucks.

Seems to work pretty well for them.

I've ridden that board with thunders (team baseplate 52mm height) and enjoyed it, haven't tried ventures on it though.

manuduncan

« Reply #5489 on: March 02, 2024, 02:49:41 PM »
i know the question's been asked already but in the year of our lord 2024 what bushings do you guys put in when the stock ones blow out? i love the stock purple ones but obviously can't find where to buy replacement ones

i have some ace hards lying around, are those comparable at all? just from googling, thunder bushings seem the closest in terms of appearance but have no idea about performance