Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988131 times)

Shorty’sBoi and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Boog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 201
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #8430 on: May 22, 2023, 05:22:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Got the black on white Nike SB BRSB. Also my shop had it's 12th year birthday and had mystery boxes for 100. I got one and it has 2 8.3 decks, habitat and less than local, a set of 53mm 97a slimeball vomit minis, 2 sheets of jessup, and a vans wallet. All together it was 185 bucks worth of stuff.
[close]
Damn that's a bargain. I'm so jealous regarding people having the possibility of mystery boxes. Here in EU is not that common or either I've been missing stuff.
Yeah I was pretty happy with what I got for the price. Never tried slimeball or 97a wheels but I'm sure they'll be good for a cruiser/ rough spot setup. I'm lucky to have such a good shop in my area. He does the mystery box for special events/ sales.

apbarbs

• Rep: 50
« Reply #8431 on: May 22, 2023, 08:01:11 AM »
i've skated fake sb dunks around 2010 - i was visiting china and found a place that had very very good fakes, felt and skated identical to real ones (which i had also skated)

earlier this year i found a place in mexico city that had fake dunks that were indistinguishable to me, they didn't have my size so i got a pair for my friend, he's been loving them

that being said, i wouldn't get a pair unless i could feel them in person

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
« Reply #8432 on: May 22, 2023, 08:37:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Am on the fence about buying sb dunk reps from dhgate. Anybody have experience with this ?

[close]

fuck that reps shit, them shits is fake as fuck, quit legitimizing fake shit.
[close]

lmao you buggin if you think im gonna pay 120+ for some shoes

they make them shits for pennies on the dollar & artifically drive prices up by limited releases

ill legitimize whatever the fuck i want if it means i get to hurt a big corporation

I've ridden a few fake dunks, Basically, they're a toss-up. In rather your getting quality or not. You can go on Reddit and find seller recommendations, but it looks like the quality sellers will cost like 80$ or 90$ it's still not 100% guaranteed that you will get a quality rep. The rep sellers don't really have the incentive to provide a quality product. They have to do the bare minimum which is to ship a shoe. If for whatever reason, they get shut down, they'll just create a new account to sell from.

For the cost and trouble you're better off just buying something else. The last time I bought reps. I got 2 pairs from the same seller. 1 passable, 1 near perfect. The passable pair ran too big. The perfect pair ran too small. It's shit like that, that really isn't worth the risk IMO.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 47
« Reply #8433 on: May 22, 2023, 11:59:22 AM »
I bought ishods and got a hole in them after only two sessions. Granted the last session was with new grip but still. Glad i didn't pay full price. skated decent though

switchfakie

« Reply #8434 on: May 22, 2023, 05:30:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Am on the fence about buying sb dunk reps from dhgate. Anybody have experience with this ?

[close]

fuck that reps shit, them shits is fake as fuck, quit legitimizing fake shit.
[close]

lmao you buggin if you think im gonna pay 120+ for some shoes

they make them shits for pennies on the dollar & artifically drive prices up by limited releases

ill legitimize whatever the fuck i want if it means i get to hurt a big corporation
[close]

I've ridden a few fake dunks, Basically, they're a toss-up. In rather your getting quality or not. You can go on Reddit and find seller recommendations, but it looks like the quality sellers will cost like 80$ or 90$ it's still not 100% guaranteed that you will get a quality rep. The rep sellers don't really have the incentive to provide a quality product. They have to do the bare minimum which is to ship a shoe. If for whatever reason, they get shut down, they'll just create a new account to sell from.

For the cost and trouble you're better off just buying something else. The last time I bought reps. I got 2 pairs from the same seller. 1 passable, 1 near perfect. The passable pair ran too big. The perfect pair ran too small. It's shit like that, that really isn't worth the risk IMO.

thanks man, youre the only person who replied to me who actually had experience with buying & skating reps

the sizing and quality variance is def something youve brought to my attention

rn, im only looking for a basic colorway (like a panda or syracuse), not a specific model/rare drop, so im banking on that to hopefully reduce the quality control issues because it seems like every vendor has those models, so hopefully theyve got it dialed down bc theyre in constant demand

i wasnt willing to spend $120 some dollars on a single pair, but i think what i'll do is buy 4 pairs from 4 different vendors (each $30 a pop so 4 pairs for $120 which way better than just getting 1 pair of shoes) and then try to get a whatsaspp number from the best shoe's vendor in case they get taken down

switchfakie

« Reply #8435 on: May 22, 2023, 05:32:29 PM »
I bought ishods and got a hole in them after only two sessions. Granted the last session was with new grip but still. Glad i didn't pay full price. skated decent though

lmao you shouldve watched his shoes' WAIR test on youtube before you bought them

ill focus my account for you

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 286
« Reply #8436 on: May 22, 2023, 06:00:50 PM »
I've bought a few pairs of Jordan 1s to skate off DHGate. I always look for sellers with plenty of reviews and pictures and gravitate towards them. If you do that, they're pretty responsive and products come in under two weeks.

There's pluses and minuses with my experiences.

On the plus side, they look pretty realistic/can fool most people unless you look close. They run tts so no issues there. And they skate pretty well/like the real thing shape wise.

On the negative side, the materials are subpar. The "suede" on the toecap looks the part but will start ripping after a session or two. They do not have legit padding. The sole feels hollow. Similar to a shoe you get at wal-mart. And (though I don't care) there are some design discrepancies if you really look (like Jordan having a pincer hand).

That said, it seems like you're similar to me. I'm not paying $120+ for shoes i'm going to destroy. As a result, these are a fun alternative. They just might not last that long.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8437 on: May 23, 2023, 04:15:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lmao you shouldve watched his shoes' WAIR test on youtube before you bought them

This comment made my day. Gnar for u sir.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Jawn Gyatti

• Rep: 6
« Reply #8438 on: May 24, 2023, 06:39:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lmfao, thanks for making me smile...

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #8439 on: May 24, 2023, 03:56:36 PM »
I picked up some of the new 53mm Loophole conical wheels.

I’m excited to try them out.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #8440 on: May 27, 2023, 05:22:38 PM »

Grosso nooner shape
Pepper sparkly grip
54mm lock-in fulls
fuck you bama

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8441 on: May 28, 2023, 05:11:13 AM »

as a loophole og formula lover (still skating a set and sitting on a couple more) can't wait to read reviews on the new ones. cheers!

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #8442 on: May 28, 2023, 07:53:12 PM »
I’ve had a pretty autistic week in regards to fixation and purchases. I’ve gotten: Welcome Nora 8.13 deck, Indy Knox Hollow Forged 139, Element Jaakko 8” deck, Element Star Wars 9.25” deck (which I’m gonna hang), some really shitty Litezpeed bearings, some Mino Logo bearings, DC Gaveler shoes, F4 56mm 99a Lock Ins, and a set of Loopholes sidecut 54mm 99a.

The good news is literally everything but the loopholes was a deep discount, so I spent less ~$300. Promo codes and Memorial Day ftw.

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #8443 on: May 28, 2023, 09:45:31 PM »
A birthday gift for my brother

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 168
« Reply #8444 on: June 02, 2023, 12:32:48 PM »
Mega hyped on this.  Shape looks so sick in person.

The Heated Wheel Bank Mauler (8.25 x 28 x 19.875 WB)
Ace 00 trucks

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #8445 on: June 02, 2023, 12:54:50 PM »
Mega hyped on this.  Shape looks so sick in person.

The Heated Wheel Bank Mauler (8.25 x 28 x 19.875 WB)
Ace 00 trucks

Those Aces are adorable

I would have no idea what to do on that board, but it looks hella fun
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1422
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8446 on: June 02, 2023, 12:55:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

as a loophole og formula lover (still skating a set and sitting on a couple more) can't wait to read reviews on the new ones. cheers!

Im on a pair of 56 loopholes that got 2 years ago and have for 6 or so months been skating mostly a park and parking lot/curbs with and while the eurathane feels awesome, couple wheels have gotten chunked out on the skating surface. One looks like someone took a hook to it and scraped a squiggle of material out. Still completely skateable but a bummer that they are falling apart so fast.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Scottboarding

• Rep: 82
« Reply #8447 on: June 02, 2023, 01:25:26 PM »
I’ve worn size 11 Vans for years but lately my right foot has been feeling really cramped in all of my shoes. I went to Cowtown on my lunch break because they’re having a huge sale and ended up with a pair of size 12 Skate Slip ons. Not sure how my foot possibly grew an entire size when I’m in my mid 20s but whatever at least I know now and am getting some relief. Also impulse purchased some Ace Classics 44s because it was $30 for the set. I’ll probably post about them in the buyers remorse thread in the next few days.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #8448 on: June 02, 2023, 05:15:22 PM »
I’ve worn size 11 Vans for years but lately my right foot has been feeling really cramped in all of my shoes. I went to Cowtown on my lunch break because they’re having a huge sale and ended up with a pair of size 12 Skate Slip ons. Not sure how my foot possibly grew an entire size when I’m in my mid 20s but whatever at least I know now and am getting some relief. Also impulse purchased some Ace Classics 44s because it was $30 for the set. I’ll probably post about them in the buyers remorse thread in the next few days.

Shoes getting smaller or feet getting bigger???

I know I had to eventually stop kidding myself and go to size 12 from being in and having so many size 11 Vans for so long, although I did have quite a few cup sole Vans from back in the 00s or so that were 12 but they were more chillers.

The misery is real, that's for sure.  Ingrown toe nails and other squeezy fits, to now being a lot more comfortable, even if they do sometimes feel a little big.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
« Reply #8449 on: June 02, 2023, 07:34:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know I had to eventually stop kidding myself and go to size 12 from being in and having so many size 11 Vans for so long, although I did have quite a few cup sole Vans from back in the 00s or so that were 12 but they were more chillers.

The misery is real, that's for sure.  Ingrown toe nails and other squeezy fits, to now being a lot more comfortable, even if they do sometimes feel a little big.

Idk man, sure, I’m older, I’ve gained weight and some of it’s probably gone to my feet, but also, in general there’s seems to be no size consistency even between the same brand. “TTF” doesn’t really mean shit anymore.

Scottboarding

« Reply #8450 on: June 03, 2023, 01:00:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Ingrown toenail is my biggest fear. I had one years ago (probably due to wearing shoes that were too small) and it wasn’t fun. I’m happy to have found shoes that fit me well now. These are just for work/chilling but when it comes time to get a new pair for skating I’ll have to get something other than slip ons. The size 12 are a touch too big and wouldn’t work for skating, but shoes with laces I could pull a little tighter should work good.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1422
« Reply #8451 on: June 03, 2023, 09:14:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Ingrown toenail is my biggest fear. I had one years ago (probably due to wearing shoes that were too small) and it wasn’t fun. I’m happy to have found shoes that fit me well now. These are just for work/chilling but when it comes time to get a new pair for skating I’ll have to get something other than slip ons. The size 12 are a touch too big and wouldn’t work for skating, but shoes with laces I could pull a little tighter should work good.

I went thru the same thing. Ended up selling 5 pairs of new 10.5 half cabs. Was frustrating but i moved up to 11 blazers and its been wonderful 🫣
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #8452 on: June 03, 2023, 11:04:35 AM »
I had to buy shoes. I was hoping to get one more month out my slips but I got through the rubber stuff inside and I didn't wanna rock shoe goo on these blue suede slips that I'm fully in love with.

I feel like it would have been disrespectful to the funk that is that shoe.

So good so good.

I gotta stick with Vans.

Gotta keeps it really real with Billy England.

Sub Six Scallywags in full effect poser.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

KidCarl

• Rep: 28
« Reply #8453 on: June 03, 2023, 11:06:03 AM »
I keep wanting to post my hauls, but my dumbass still can't figure out how to get them to show in the post.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8454 on: June 03, 2023, 11:08:54 AM »
I keep wanting to post my hauls, but my dumbass still can't figure out how to get them to show in the post.

I got you homie.

Open imgbb in a different browser window.

Upload from device

Select bbcode full link.

Cut and paste to forum

(A)pl(E)

BrknBrds

• Rep: 16
« Reply #8455 on: June 03, 2023, 02:37:27 PM »

mendo

• Rep: 15
« Reply #8456 on: June 03, 2023, 02:45:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

my brother got an ingrown toenail around 12 years old, turned into cancer, chopped his toe off. cancer came back, got rid of it again, came back on his lungs in his late 30s and now has 1 - 5 years to live. true story. ingrown toenails are no joke

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8457 on: June 03, 2023, 03:24:29 PM »
picture upload sites

Sick haul. I never seen that first bloard. I love that one.
(A)pl(E)

Scottboarding

« Reply #8458 on: June 03, 2023, 05:40:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

my brother got an ingrown toenail around 12 years old, turned into cancer, chopped his toe off. cancer came back, got rid of it again, came back on his lungs in his late 30s and now has 1 - 5 years to live. true story. ingrown toenails are no joke
I'm sorry to hear that. That has to be brutal on your family and his if he has one. I had no idea that could happen, I figured it just hurt until you got it fixed.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #8459 on: June 03, 2023, 06:40:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Idk man, sure, I’m older, I’ve gained weight and some of it’s probably gone to my feet, but also, in general there’s seems to be no size consistency even between the same brand. “TTF” doesn’t really mean shit anymore.

Ha yeah, for sure though, things are not what they used to be.

Funny thing with my feet is my second toe was starting to curl from being too cramped, so although I would often try on size 12 years ago, they were always too big, but now they seem to fit a whole lot better.

Other perfect fit size 11s that I used to wear a lot I tried on not too long ago and they don't fit at all.

Not a worry either way.  Size 12 it is for me now, apart from some quick slip Eras without socks just to dash down to the shop or something.

The size 12 are a touch too big and wouldn’t work for skating, but shoes with laces I could pull a little tighter should work good.

To be fair, I think I was always more 11.5 and we don't have half sizes here, so it just felt better to squeeze into 11s for too long than have 12s that were too big to skate well in.  Now almost always in size 12 shoes, my feet can move a bit more, but I use extra tongues under the existing tongue and just a flat thin added insoles to make the 12s fit better.

This way my feet aren't feeling like the shoe is way too big overall.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.