Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread  (Read 2224164 times)

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
Re: Sale Gear Thread
« Reply #12630 on: April 14, 2023, 06:58:43 PM »
Ordered from Orchard and I think they lost my package. Sucks cause I really wanted my item. Makes me reluctant to order from small shops now. Waiting to here back from them.

wouldn't this be the shipping company's fault not orchard's?

OhioGuy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
« Reply #12631 on: April 14, 2023, 07:01:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Ordered from Orchard and I think they lost my package. Sucks cause I really wanted my item. Makes me reluctant to order from small shops now. Waiting to here back from them.
[close]

Not sure, there’s no tracking. It just says they made a label and that’s it. They seem confused too. Who knows. Still makes me a little reluctant to order from them again. Might just be bad luck.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #12632 on: April 14, 2023, 07:34:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Not sure, there’s no tracking. It just says they made a label and that’s it. They seem confused too. Who knows. Still makes me a little reluctant to order from them again. Might just be bad luck.

Sorry to hear. I’m sure it was an honest mistake but that still sucks you’re not getting the item. If the label was created and never scanned/tracked technically it’s still Orchards fault and not the shipping company. If the shipping company took possession then I’d say give Orchard another chance. Hopefully they make it right for you.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #12633 on: April 14, 2023, 07:35:10 PM »
Had issues with them losing pair of shoes I ordered a couple years ago.  Took a while to sort out going back and forth with emails.  Seem like good guys, and I eventually got my shoes (well, different model and color), but it put me off from ordering from them.  They need to work on their inventory tracking or something.  I’d definitely follow up until your item ships
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #12634 on: April 14, 2023, 07:46:01 PM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/155226381373?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=iWiCELLQSL2&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=m-q3MR2qRqW&var=455740647320&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Tyshawns for like $50 or less shipped. Direct from adidas, they also have the Tyshawn x Spitfire collab in limited sizes. Also Puigs for $50 or less shipped. I tried that premium outlets link and it was “down for a restock” or something along those lines.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12635 on: April 14, 2023, 08:07:58 PM »

When ive ordered stuff from orchard i have had it sent to MA and CA. The MA stuff was shipped that day and the CA order took a week or two to get out. Tracking was created but it sat for a while. I think its important to be patient when they have a sale on top of $5 shipping. Not trying to say it doesnt suck for stuff to get lost and to be waiting or feeling in the dark- stuff does get lost and stolen in mail.

Also, when i have had issues or questions aboit an online order from a core shop, i usually just call em instead of trying to email. Gets sorted a little or a lot faster and making the connection is cool.

Good luck
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #12636 on: April 14, 2023, 10:57:10 PM »
35th Ave is having a sale on past season stuff

https://www.35thave.com/shop/Sale.htm?fbclid=PAAaYw4C2yPXqpIfO2r1XtTU7rH1d9kVeDydDtcTCXTqHH45P9arDYpi-Nl-Y

For some reason, this one made me realize how sad it is that "Sale" deck prices are the exact same price as what full price was when i was a kid. Didnt know how good we had it during those $49.99 days, when youd try to find those $34.99 deals.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 834
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #12637 on: April 15, 2023, 09:43:33 AM »

For some reason, this one made me realize how sad it is that "Sale" deck prices are the exact same price as what full price was when i was a kid. Didnt know how good we had it during those $49.99 days, when youd try to find those $34.99 deals.
For real, There used to be a shop in town I skated for. Decks for regular customers were about $75 with grip back in 02'.
I thought that was soooo WILD. Now kids come in and get a Baker with Grip and its alomst $80, Trips me out..

Pasta Monster

« Reply #12638 on: April 15, 2023, 11:34:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I think you’re just impatient, considering you always complain about waiting on orders. Orchard is good people and if there isn’t tracking, they’re still working on packing your order. I’ve always gotten stuff with 5-6 days if not sooner.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12639 on: April 15, 2023, 01:05:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
I think you’re just impatient, considering you always complain about waiting on orders. Orchard is good people and if there isn’t tracking, they’re still working on packing your order. I’ve always gotten stuff with 5-6 days if not sooner.
Oh I’m sure they’re good people. Just venting cause I had bad luck with packages lately. If it doesn’t come they’ll give me a refund so it’s no biggie.

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #12640 on: April 15, 2023, 01:42:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Orchard has came through for me every single time

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1081
« Reply #12641 on: April 15, 2023, 02:09:39 PM »
Never had a bad experience with Orchard.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #12642 on: April 15, 2023, 02:10:48 PM »
Gonna say I back orchard too. Hit their shoe sales around Black Friday pretty often. Order about 5 pairs at a time and have had no problems. It happens tho. Good idea to call the shops phone.

Supporting locals 🤘

nothing's been the since same

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12643 on: April 15, 2023, 02:11:28 PM »
That’s good to hear. I’ll stop being impatient. Sorry for the interruption. Back to the deals 😌

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 168
« Reply #12644 on: April 15, 2023, 02:20:20 PM »
Yeah Orchard have been reliable for all my shoe purchases.  They also have a sick team and put out rad videos.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12645 on: April 15, 2023, 03:08:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
Oh I’m sure they’re good people. Just venting cause I had bad luck with packages lately. If it doesn’t come they’ll give me a refund so it’s no biggie.

shit sometimes gets stolen in the mail. point blank. doesn't matter the service. always, always sucks whether it was off ya stoop or in transit.

Expand Quote

[close]
For real, There used to be a shop in town I skated for. Decks for regular customers were about $75 with grip back in 02'.
I thought that was soooo WILD. Now kids come in and get a Baker with Grip and its alomst $80, Trips me out..

you outside the states or something? Branded decks were 52.50 til 03 then maybe 55 til i stopped skating in 2013
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1081
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #12648 on: April 15, 2023, 04:46:59 PM »
not a bad deal.  free shipping and no tax even. riding my first crailtap board in probably 20 years, and liking it a lot. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #12649 on: April 15, 2023, 07:14:58 PM »
Crail Dgk and primitive mystery boxes are year round

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 834
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #12650 on: April 15, 2023, 08:43:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

shit sometimes gets stolen in the mail. point blank. doesn't matter the service. always, always sucks whether it was off ya stoop or in transit.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

you outside the states or something? Branded decks were 52.50 til 03 then maybe 55 til i stopped skating in 2013
Nope, I’m in the US. Wholesale deck prices have increased about $10 in the past few years.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12651 on: April 16, 2023, 05:55:20 AM »
Turns out I wasn’t being impatient. Always trust your gut. They contacted me back and confirmed that they’re lost (dropped off without getting receipt). Anyway, they offered to order me another pair from another shop and gave me a discount code. So it’s no biggie.

I’ve ordered hundreds of items online and never saw UPS’ tracking stall like that so I kinda knew something was wrong.

But this seems to be a fluke occurrence. Just glad they made it right 😀

LebowskisRug

« Reply #12652 on: April 16, 2023, 07:36:20 AM »
I use UPS quite often and they have royally bonked some shipping recently. Lost 2 packages outright and there's a weird thing where the tracking updates many times per day and when it does it dramatically alters the delivery date. Usually the packages still arrive exactly when they were originally estimated but I'll have a customer email me asking why the delivery date is 6 months out or something.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
« Reply #12653 on: April 16, 2023, 07:41:15 AM »
Turns out I wasn’t being impatient. Always trust your gut. They contacted me back and confirmed that they’re lost (dropped off without getting receipt). Anyway, they offered to order me another pair from another shop and gave me a discount code. So it’s no biggie.

I’ve ordered hundreds of items online and never saw UPS’ tracking stall like that so I kinda knew something was wrong.

But this seems to be a fluke occurrence. Just glad they made it right 😀

Orchard is good people, they always go out of the way to make things whole.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12654 on: April 16, 2023, 07:41:26 AM »
I use UPS quite often and they have royally bonked some shipping recently. Lost 2 packages outright and there's a weird thing where the tracking updates many times per day and when it does it dramatically alters the delivery date. Usually the packages still arrive exactly when they were originally estimated but I'll have a customer email me asking why the delivery date is 6 months out or something.
In this case it was just bad judgment. They said there was a long line and the UPS crew told them to leave it on the side, they did, but later found out they were supposed to get a receipt lol. Shit happens though. Glad they got to the bottom of it. But if someone here ordered something from them last weekend and haven’t had updated tracking I’d look into it, cause they probably dropped off multiple things that sadly weren’t scanned.

Anyway, I’m using my coupon to order something else. So it’s no biggie.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #12655 on: April 16, 2023, 08:17:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
In this case it was just bad judgment. They said there was a long line and the UPS crew told them to leave it on the side, they did, but later found out they were supposed to get a receipt lol. Shit happens though. Glad they got to the bottom of it. But if someone here ordered something from them last weekend and haven’t had updated tracking I’d look into it, cause they probably dropped off multiple things that sadly weren’t scanned.

Anyway, I’m using my coupon to order something else. So it’s no biggie.

yeah this happens so much at UPS drop offs it's wild, glad you're getting sorted out

boneless900

• Rep: 60
« Reply #12656 on: April 16, 2023, 04:39:40 PM »

Love me some $40 gripped loveseats all damn day.

Riding my first loveseat now and it's been great. I grabbed another one during a crail sale but I'm tempted to stock up again with two more. I was thinking of trying the 8.5 twin tip from crail though, just not sure if the AF-1 66's I'm on will be too big

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #12657 on: April 16, 2023, 06:28:50 PM »
For those of you who ordered from that adidas shop premium outlet sale I posted last week.

My shoes arrived Friday. I received the tracking number today. They were also shipped directly from adidas.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1954
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #12658 on: April 16, 2023, 08:28:49 PM »
They’ve had bogo decks and wheels on their site for a while, now.
From the "Darkroom going out of business" thread -
https://drkrminc.com/collections/sale, only in 8.0 / 8.25 / 8.5

https://drkrminc.com/collections/decks, couple of decks at $40 too
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #12659 on: April 17, 2023, 12:24:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
was looking for some nb 440s and saw this site has them for $40. some other nbs and vans on sale as well. there's a big winter clearance thing happening too if you wanna add a $10 beanie or somethin on to hit $50 for free shipping.

https://www.evo.com/shop/sale/clothing/shoes/shoes/new-balance/vans/mens/s_savings-desc
[close]
Has anybody bought something successfully from here?
[close]

they are legit

holy GUAC! never heard of that site. those are some insanely good prices on some killer models. thanks guys 👍