Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1744642 times)

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
Re: real confessions
« Reply #9330 on: April 17, 2020, 07:32:18 AM »
Mr Peanut died in Kobe Bryant’s helicopter how dare you

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #9331 on: April 17, 2020, 07:58:15 PM »
I must confess, I don’t like amapiano music...
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
« Reply #9332 on: April 20, 2020, 04:55:24 AM »
I dug out my childhood teddy bear and started sleeping with it again thanks to concernedbear or whatever that posters name is and i gotta say ive been sleeping like a damn baby

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #9333 on: April 20, 2020, 12:35:04 PM »
Trying to work from home and it’s not really working out. I get too easily distracted or start eating snacks
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #9334 on: April 20, 2020, 10:43:22 PM »
Trying to work from home and it’s not really working out. I get too easily distracted or start eating snacks

im turning into a little fat boy with all this time inside

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
« Reply #9335 on: April 21, 2020, 01:00:53 AM »
no idea how people get fat from snacking all you have to do is walk around the block like 3-5 times a day and skate a bit, maybe do some crunches if you are super vain

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9336 on: April 21, 2020, 07:39:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Brought out my pull up bar and did 3 in a row max. I’ve been sore for a few days. I’m gonna be in horrendous shape once we’re let out. 

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #9337 on: April 21, 2020, 06:29:27 PM »

Gotta structure your schedule. I can usually only work my ass off for, say, two to three hours before I naturally start losing focus and feeling like doing other shit (which is when I usually end up on SLAP like I'm doing now, actually). Figure out the patterns in your attention span and allow yourself to catch the corresponding, comfortable breaks when needed until you feel like switching back to work again. Use those breaks to take care of yourself e.g.. make yourself a meal, coffee, do shit around the house, play music, just get your head out of the zone and eventually you'll be able to dive back into it. Couldn't see myself working just one task for, say, ten hours in a row at home with all the options laying around which I reckon is natural, so just embrace it and you'll only be more productive during the time actually spent working because then your brain will no longer feel as cluttered with thoughts of distractions (since it's being given its share of them, just on a self-imposed schedule). Kind of like how sleeping 'resets' you, just on a smaller scale with no actual sleep (or with sleep if you want/need for all I know, just make sure to stay reasonable with the breaks).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 06:33:13 PM by silhouette »

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9338 on: April 21, 2020, 09:54:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Brought out my pull up bar and did 3 in a row max. I’ve been sore for a few days. I’m gonna be in horrendous shape once we’re let out.

feel you bro, im making an effort not to fill my cupboards with snacks cause i know ill keep going back there, gonna try and work out a bit more, it would be nice to come out of this in better shape

dr. radishh

• Rep: 77
« Reply #9339 on: April 23, 2020, 08:56:35 PM »
imagine dragons dude

i went on a couple dates with a girl i got to know through an internship. was pretty clear things weren’t going to work out from the get go, but she was nice enough so i figured i’d give it a shot.

on our last date, she dropped me off outside my house in the early afternoon...might have even been before noon. i lived with 6 other college friends who were drunk most of the time. on this particular day, they were all on the porch, daydrunk, silently watching this girl drop me off. the girl didn’t think it was funny that my friends were drinking at this hour. fair enough.

anyway we were playing this game before she dropped me off, like “name your top 3 ____”. it was her turn to answer “name your top 3 favorite bands” as we pulled up. she named imagine dragons immediately, then spaced out trying to think of any other band. after what felt like an hour, she said something like “yeah, that’s it, probably just imagine dragons.”

we said our goodbyes and i did my quick walk of shame up to the porch. everyone asked how my date went. only thing i mentioned was the top 3 bands conversation. the porch erupted with laughter while this girl was still in front of the house, presumably texting or fucking with a gps or whatever. she didn’t seem amused.

i ended things later that day. “my top 3 favorite bands are imagine dragons” is now a running joke amongst my friends. can’t hear or hear of that band without remembering that incident. good thing they suck

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #9340 on: April 24, 2020, 05:27:59 AM »
Things we have to do to slay some pussy bro...

doublesteveburger

« Reply #9341 on: April 24, 2020, 04:03:01 PM »
once stopped talking to a girl cause her favorite band was twenty one pilots

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9342 on: April 24, 2020, 04:42:40 PM »

you did the right thing

dr. radishh

« Reply #9343 on: April 24, 2020, 06:08:34 PM »

been there too. she had a twenty one pilots tattoo  :)

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9344 on: April 24, 2020, 07:48:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

People that like shitty music are a turn off

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #9345 on: April 24, 2020, 08:12:11 PM »

Trying to make it happen with a classmate. We studied couple times during quarantine. Once at my pad then once at hers.  Unfortunately we just go our separate ways afterwords. Not sure if anatomy class just burns her out or if she's just using me for my brain. Made plans to go hiking after last study sesh then planned in my head to get Italian food leading to making magic happen. She left abruptly after we cheated on test together. So after that , said forget this not gonna make an effort anymore. Pretty bummed out.  Shes called me twice since that day & been flirty. What I'm trying to say is I don't have any game anymore &  don't have the mental energy to play these games anymore.     

dr. radishh

« Reply #9346 on: April 24, 2020, 10:53:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Trying to make it happen with a classmate. We studied couple times during quarantine. Once at my pad then once at hers.  Unfortunately we just go our separate ways afterwords. Not sure if anatomy class just burns her out or if she's just using me for my brain. Made plans to go hiking after last study sesh then planned in my head to get Italian food leading to making magic happen. She left abruptly after we cheated on test together. So after that , said forget this not gonna make an effort anymore. Pretty bummed out.  Shes called me twice since that day & been flirty. What I'm trying to say is I don't have any game anymore &  don't have the mental energy to play these games anymore.     

i mean, she called you twice. sounds like your game is alright dude.

be honest with her next time you talk. propose doing whatever it is that you actually want to do. worst case scenario: she’s not into it and you don’t hafta play no mo games.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #9347 on: April 25, 2020, 02:48:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

People that like shitty music STUFF are a turn off

I once stopped talking to a girl after she told me her favorite car ever was a PT Cruiser.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9348 on: April 25, 2020, 09:55:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

People that like shitty music STUFF are a turn off
[close]

I once stopped talking to a girl after she told me her favorite car ever was a PT Cruiser.

Good choice

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #9349 on: April 27, 2020, 08:16:44 AM »
im afraid of the future so i try to live and think in the now as much as possible but its hard somedays

me everyday.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #9350 on: April 27, 2020, 08:18:10 AM »
Going through a divorce at age 22. I am 23 now. Has pretty much fucked up dating life for good. I don't ever want to get married again. I have weird trust issues now. Shit sucks

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #9351 on: April 27, 2020, 11:42:38 AM »
I know that feeling; sitting on a sunbeam
I would be going so fastTime is standing still, I could stop and hug the past
Id shake hands with the future, to prepare,
Id take a breath.
Let him know that I am sure to try my best with every test.
But every time I try, my meetings go unattended
The futures always busy, the past, overworked, overextended.
I always sit alone, crying, throwing stones.
How come they always seem to leave me on my own?

Because the future is a sunrise, the past her sunset. They will never answer and they dont care about my tests. The only way for us to meet, to compose, to catch a glimpse.
Is to stand in the sunshine every day.

Jagr

• Rep: 117
« Reply #9352 on: April 27, 2020, 08:34:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Gotta structure your schedule. I can usually only work my ass off for, say, two to three hours before I naturally start losing focus and feeling like doing other shit (which is when I usually end up on SLAP like I'm doing now, actually). Figure out the patterns in your attention span and allow yourself to catch the corresponding, comfortable breaks when needed until you feel like switching back to work again. Use those breaks to take care of yourself e.g.. make yourself a meal, coffee, do shit around the house, play music, just get your head out of the zone and eventually you'll be able to dive back into it. Couldn't see myself working just one task for, say, ten hours in a row at home with all the options laying around which I reckon is natural, so just embrace it and you'll only be more productive during the time actually spent working because then your brain will no longer feel as cluttered with thoughts of distractions (since it's being given its share of them, just on a self-imposed schedule). Kind of like how sleeping 'resets' you, just on a smaller scale with no actual sleep (or with sleep if you want/need for all I know, just make sure to stay reasonable with the breaks).

I've been working from home since 2011.

Sticking to a structured schedule really helps me. I start work, take breaks, and end work at the same times each day. Ending work on time is most important as it's super easy to continue working all night since I'm self-employed, but I'm absolutely burnt the next day if I do that.

Creating a separate work space is also helpful. When I started, this was just half of the kitchen table in my studio apartment. Now, I'm lucky enough to have a small separate bedroom that I use only as an office. A separate set aside space (even just the same chair at the kitchen table) that's only used for working really helps me get into work mode and also helps me get out of work mode since I'm never in that space while not working. If you can swing it, a separate work only computer has also really helped me stay productive. I use my desktop for work only and do all my other online stuff on my phone or tablet.

I use the pomodoro technique for my type of work. I work for 25 minutes and then take a 5 minute break. I do this four times (2 hours total) and then take a longer break. I think most people take a 15 to 30 minute longer break but I take a full hour longer break. I do three sets of four (so 6 work hours total) with an hour break between each set of four each day. I use one hour break for lunch/reading/zoning out and the other one hour break for walking the dog/exercise/a little skating in the driveway. It might not work for everyone or all types of work but it's way easier for me to focus for just 25 minutes knowing I'll get a short break after than trying to focus for a full hour or two. I even have a little kitchen timer I use to keep myself honest.

theresnothinghere

• Rep: 33
  • ugly with a heart of gold
« Reply #9353 on: April 27, 2020, 08:35:04 PM »
Going through a divorce at age 22. I am 23 now. Has pretty much fucked up dating life for good. I don't ever want to get married again. I have weird trust issues now. Shit sucks

Got divorced a few months ago. We were separated for 3 years but just went through. I was 18 when I got married, 23 now. Honestly, no one even cares nowadays. Sometimes I'll refer to him as my ex husband as a shock factor type of thing and it's mostly just funny. Shit happens. I hope your heart isn't too achey about it, that shit definitely hurts but no one will see you any differently. Unless you're like, mormon, those fools are wild.

Jagr

« Reply #9354 on: April 27, 2020, 08:38:27 PM »

Sorry to hear this brother. Weren't you living in Hawaii for a minute?

Bata

• Rep: -72
« Reply #9355 on: April 28, 2020, 02:49:56 AM »
22 is way too early to get married. You have your whole life ahead of you.

Hardest years for me were 23-25 cuz you feel so old but at 30 now I still feel like I did when I was 15, mid 20s just suck if you aren't hardset on your path.

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 201
  • breathcakes
« Reply #9356 on: April 28, 2020, 07:16:45 AM »
this is more thinking out loud and posting it somewhere to get it off my chest than needing to talk about it.

think i have a weird mild phobia of hair? i'm kinda grossed out by long hair on dudes, unless it's straight and looks really-well taken care of, though even that's not guaranteed. don't really have that problem with women unless it's frizzy, and that's maybe because of the expectations of taking care of hair when one's a woman. if a guy is perfect in all ways, but has long hair, he is bad and making poor life decisions.

i remember being attracted to razor ramon, but i think this started years later since my dad got 3 weenie-chow mixes plus the collie he already had, and there was just so much hair everywhere. it was gross by pretty much anyone's standards. can't stand pet hair on my clothes, and just the thought of hair not being neat and controlled is yucky.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #9357 on: April 28, 2020, 12:18:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Got divorced a few months ago. We were separated for 3 years but just went through. I was 18 when I got married, 23 now. Honestly, no one even cares nowadays. Sometimes I'll refer to him as my ex husband as a shock factor type of thing and it's mostly just funny. Shit happens. I hope your heart isn't too achey about it, that shit definitely hurts but no one will see you any differently. Unless you're like, mormon, those fools are wild.

Yea I was 19 or so. Haha no don't worry I am not mormon hahah. But thank you I appreciate the kind words. Life has gotten way better

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #9358 on: April 28, 2020, 12:20:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No worries, I appreciate brotha. I was living on Oahu for about 3 years. Definitely some of the best times of my (23) year old life. Learned a lot and surfed and skated a bunch. Meet a ton of awesome people.

Jagr

« Reply #9359 on: April 28, 2020, 01:04:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

No worries, I appreciate brotha. I was living on Oahu for about 3 years. Definitely some of the best times of my (23) year old life. Learned a lot and surfed and skated a bunch. Meet a ton of awesome people.

Is she still living out that way or back in the area wherever you're living now?