Author Topic: Blondey McCoy of Palace  (Read 36879 times)

shannamal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Blondey McCoy of Palace
« Reply #180 on: May 01, 2019, 09:12:57 AM »
Expand Quote
more digs at Thomas
[close]

Blondey pulled a marc johnson

just without the 20 years of excellence leading up to it

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #181 on: May 01, 2019, 11:42:43 PM »
more digs at Thomas

where is that from?

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #182 on: May 01, 2019, 11:55:53 PM »
Oh my I cannot handle all of this Palace intrigue hur hur
Jesus that was good  ;D

disintegration

• Rep: -115
« Reply #183 on: May 02, 2019, 12:12:10 AM »
Expand Quote
more digs at Thomas
[close]

where is that from?

Palace website.

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #184 on: May 02, 2019, 02:22:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Bummer, I like Blondey and Palace fucking rules.
I have a feeling I’ll like Blondey a lot less now though...
[close]

Learn the (unwritten) rules

Wonder if he'll go the way of AO and make a board company with a fake female french name like Haagen Daz or Leticia Sitonmyface

unwritten rules as in why can't people just accept "of" for what it is and stop asking why its not off....

[close]

Don't know what this means?

What I mean is that Palace videos are some of the best skate videos of the last 5 years and they documented/interpreted Blondey in an interesting way, but whatever he does next, it's not going to be like Palace, that's for sure.

Also, dude is filthy rich and does not need to make $ from them so kind of a weird departure...?

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #185 on: May 02, 2019, 02:29:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
more digs at Thomas
[close]

where is that from?
[close]

Palace website.
huh, thanks, couldnt find it, but nevermind.

Showerface

• Rep: -7
« Reply #186 on: May 02, 2019, 05:15:28 AM »
In the product descriptions dipshit!

feedmeseymour

« Reply #187 on: May 02, 2019, 05:55:42 AM »
kinda impressed you guys managed to fill 7 pages on a model with fucked up teeth

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #188 on: May 02, 2019, 05:59:08 AM »
kinda impressed you guys managed to fill 7 pages on a model with fucked up teeth

18forced entry

• Rep: -2
« Reply #189 on: May 05, 2019, 09:54:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He wasn't good enough to be on one of the most popular board brands.  I think he's doing the right thing by sticking to modeling and fashion.  He's not getting another board sponsor.
[close]

Youre pretty wrong. Palace wished Rodrigo Tx on the team, but he said no because he supposed Miles Silvas on the team too. Palace team manager said Miles level was too high for Palace.
[close]

Definitely calling bullshit on this
[close]

People hit up palace all the time to ride for the company and they say no all the time. Lev Tanju talks about his favorite pros of all time hitting him up and him saying no.

"I don’t wanna give some kid boards and for him to think ‘maybe one day I’ll ride for Palace?’ When to be honest with you, you probably won’t unless like you live near London and you’re fucking hilarious and I love you. You know what I mean? If I don’t wanna hang out with you and all the skaters don’t wanna hang out with you, it’s never happening."

This is a quote from Lev from Free Skate Mag. Then in that Palace mag they kind of alluded to Miles asking to be on the team and them not wanting him.

Here's a link to that Free skate mag interview, it's actually a good read: https://www.freeskatemag.com/2018/02/22/palace-skateboards-lev-tanju-interviewed/

Lucas is on the team because everyone on the team likes him. Palace chooses people it's not the other way around. If they don't think you're funny or want to hang out with you, you'll never get on the team. The guy Lev says it pretty much all the time. He makes fun of people in their catalogs for asking to ride for them and stuff.

Seriously for dudes who nerd out on skateboarding all the time, I feel like lots of you don't really get it.
[close]
in a recent interview alex olson said that dill reached out to palace when he left workshop to try to ride for them and they wouldnt go for it.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #190 on: May 07, 2019, 05:32:23 AM »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

PABLOS SWANPOWERS LOBSTER

« Reply #191 on: May 07, 2019, 06:48:37 AM »
Wold have Olson got on? He was wearing their shit for a minute.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -139
« Reply #192 on: May 08, 2019, 09:45:18 PM »
in watching some Palace following a read through this thread I couldn't help but notice Rory Milanes is awfully long in the face a la Horsey Taylor

www.palaceskateboards.com/palace-ralph-lauren/

Horsey and Rory trotting through the California High Desert for Palace/Ralph

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #193 on: May 08, 2019, 09:51:52 PM »
Wold have Olson got on? He was wearing their shit for a minute.
Doubt it. They only put on people they like and are homies with. I can't think of any connection AO would have to the team outside of briefly being on Lakai with Danny Brady and Lucas (and Lucas got on way after AO started 917).

Here's how Lev summed it up.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #194 on: May 09, 2019, 01:10:21 AM »
Blondey mc who? Is that like a Versace plug or some shit ?

edgy bro  8)

no life

• Rep: -31
« Reply #195 on: May 09, 2019, 05:59:54 PM »

get some help

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10
« Reply #196 on: May 09, 2019, 06:10:32 PM »
more digs at Thomas

I had to use urban dictionary for “neeks” haha. But yeah I could see that.

This part is dope tho

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #197 on: May 09, 2019, 06:43:26 PM »
Blondey ripppps. Quit being stupid.

papo

• Rep: -191
« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2019, 11:29:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

get some help

Holy shit, that explains a lot.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #199 on: May 13, 2019, 11:38:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
more digs at Thomas
[close]

This part is dope tho

[close]

I went back and watched this part and his Palasonic part. He rips but is that music supposed to be a joke? I listen to a wide variety of music, but keep your EDM shit out of skate videos. I couldn’t even finish the Palasonic video when it came out because the soundtrack was so wack. The musics almost as bad as that Life Extension video.

show us 5 of your favourite songs from videos

Ocelot

« Reply #200 on: May 14, 2019, 04:01:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
more digs at Thomas
[close]

This part is dope tho

[close]

I went back and watched this part and his Palasonic part. He rips but is that music supposed to be a joke? I listen to a wide variety of music, but keep your EDM shit out of skate videos. I couldn’t even finish the Palasonic video when it came out because the soundtrack was so wack. The musics almost as bad as that Life Extension video.

It's UK ting mate

This is their version of 90s hip hop

I.C. Weiner

• Rep: -7
« Reply #201 on: May 14, 2019, 06:02:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
more digs at Thomas
[close]

This part is dope tho

[close]

[close]

It's UK ting mate

that music is so loved over here. palace's whole image comes from uk club culture

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #202 on: May 14, 2019, 06:03:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
more digs at Thomas
[close]

This part is dope tho

[close]

[close]

[close]

I understand that it’s all subjective but I just wanted to talk some shit.

Andrew Reynolds skating to Jimi Hendrix Or Van Morison . AVE skating to the Stooges, the Adolescents and Nugent. Gerwer skating to ODB. Kalis skating to Like Woah. Drehobl in Free your Mind. Kirchart in Sight Unseen skating to Moody Blues.

All of those parts are epic and it seems like all of those dudes picked their own songs. A good song makes the part more memorable.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #203 on: May 14, 2019, 06:14:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
more digs at Thomas
[close]

This part is dope tho

[close]

[close]

It's UK ting mate

how the fuck is an ltj bukem tune the british equivalent of 90s hip hop? uk had plenty of rappers in the from the early to late 90s (london posse, demon boyz, roots manuva, tricky, hijack, task force, jehst, braintax, skinnyman etc) and its a reach to say jungle tunes are the uk version of hip hop when the uk had multiple scenes breaking out at the time.

that tune (ltj bukem - atlantis) is somewhat of a classic uk tune and a staple of club/underground culture hence why theyve been used in palace vids, same with palasonic that had a few classics like gabriel by roy davis, valley of the shadows by origin unknown, killer by adamski etc.

yeah its subjective but a uk brand rooted in skateboarding culture with uk riders using uk tunes, who'd have thought it

Ocelot

« Reply #204 on: May 14, 2019, 06:57:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
more digs at Thomas
[close]

This part is dope tho

[close]

[close]

It's UK ting mate

[close]

how the fuck is an ltj bukem tune the british equivalent of 90s hip hop? uk had plenty of rappers in the from the early to late 90s (london posse, demon boyz, roots manuva, tricky, hijack, task force, jehst, braintax, skinnyman etc) and its a reach to say jungle tunes are the uk version of hip hop when the uk had multiple scenes breaking out at the time.

that tune (ltj bukem - atlantis) is somewhat of a classic uk tune and a staple of club/underground culture hence why theyve been used in palace vids, same with palasonic that had a few classics like gabriel by roy davis, valley of the shadows by origin unknown, killer by adamski etc.

yeah its subjective but a uk brand rooted in skateboarding culture with uk riders using uk tunes, who'd have thought it

lol, there's no parity between US and UK hip hop in the 90s

from a nostalgic/cultural point of view, 90s UK jungle/grime is the same to 90s US hip hop in how it's used in skate vids

amazing, you know all the songs from the palasonic vid, Im sure it's very impressive in person

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #205 on: May 14, 2019, 07:51:34 AM »
Why Blondey suddenly became kind of a big deal? I'm curious.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Chris

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #206 on: May 14, 2019, 10:34:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
more digs at Thomas
[close]

This part is dope tho

[close]

[close]

[close]

Andrew Reynolds skating to Jimi Hendrix Or Van Morison . AVE skating to the Stooges, the Adolescents and Nugent. Gerwer skating to ODB. Kalis skating to Like Woah. Drehobl in Free your Mind. Kirchart in Sight Unseen skating to Moody Blues.

All of those parts are epic and it seems like all of those dudes picked their own songs. A good song makes the part more memorable.
[close]

[close]

You didn’t like that baker 2g part with the Gloria song? So good.

Alright I guess that makes sense, I know nothing about 90s UK club culture or their techno music scene . Sorry but a 90s club themed skate video? Why?. I can imagine Sinner defending the LE soundtrack like “this is actually a classic from the American Dubstep Rave scene.” Shalom.

That was Greco.

thot juice

• Rep: -54
« Reply #207 on: May 14, 2019, 12:21:36 PM »

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #208 on: May 14, 2019, 12:41:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
more digs at Thomas
[close]

This part is dope tho

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You didn’t like that baker 2g part with the Gloria song? So good.

Alright I guess that makes sense, I know nothing about 90s UK club culture or their techno music scene . Sorry but a 90s club themed skate video? Why?. I can imagine Sinner defending the LE soundtrack like “this is actually a classic from the American Dubstep Rave scene.” Shalom.
[close]

That was Greco.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #209 on: June 18, 2019, 08:54:18 AM »
my g out here really made a book with famous' people faces on toast  :o