Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798811 times)

daditude adjustment and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

Serious Tea Drinker

Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #1170 on: May 01, 2019, 10:06:33 PM »
213s are like good Half Cabs. Fit better, wear better.

Actually they are nothing like Half Cabs. They are my go to mid-top now though.

Serious Tea Drinker

« Reply #1171 on: May 01, 2019, 10:16:47 PM »
https://thegoodshoppingguide.com/ethical-shoes-and-trainers

Maybe of interest to some but this website weighs up 'ethical' criteria of various shoe brands. New Balance seems to be the top ethical skate shop manufacture. Nike/ Cons and VF Corps are pretty low. Seems pretty subjective but interesting nevertheless...

getonkrooked

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -104
« Reply #1172 on: May 02, 2019, 01:56:23 AM »
Expand Quote
I was told today that the 379s are considered wide shoes, so I was wondering how wide are they?

Having wide feet i’m sick of them hurting from narrow shoes after every session.
How would the fit compare to Adidas Lucas Premieres (I go true to size, size 10, and they are a little tight), Janoskis (I go a full size up almost and they are still too narrow) or P-Rod Xs (half size up, kind of alright but could be better)? Also, how is the padding of the sole?

It sucks cause I can’t try them on, I can only get them from abroad but if they are an answer to my problem i’ll order up right away! Any otther suggestions for wide ass shoes are more than welcome!
[close]
Not to talk you out of buying a shoe, but I would hesitate to say that 379's are a "wide" shoe.  They may be a tad wider than other shoes, but they're going to be snug across the top of your foot.  I just don't want you to order some shoes to deliver overseas and be bummed. 
For a truly wide shoe you can try the 2E width AM574 (mostly just online on our NB.com site) and on Zappos.  But for the straight up Numeric, the 440 is more wide than most, NM212's and 213's are both decent width (212's and 213's need 1/2 size down as they run large). 
Hope that helps a little bit.

Super helpful! Thanks a lot!

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1173 on: May 02, 2019, 07:11:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was told today that the 379s are considered wide shoes, so I was wondering how wide are they?

Having wide feet i’m sick of them hurting from narrow shoes after every session.
How would the fit compare to Adidas Lucas Premieres (I go true to size, size 10, and they are a little tight), Janoskis (I go a full size up almost and they are still too narrow) or P-Rod Xs (half size up, kind of alright but could be better)? Also, how is the padding of the sole?

It sucks cause I can’t try them on, I can only get them from abroad but if they are an answer to my problem i’ll order up right away! Any otther suggestions for wide ass shoes are more than welcome!
[close]
Not to talk you out of buying a shoe, but I would hesitate to say that 379's are a "wide" shoe.  They may be a tad wider than other shoes, but they're going to be snug across the top of your foot.  I just don't want you to order some shoes to deliver overseas and be bummed. 
For a truly wide shoe you can try the 2E width AM574 (mostly just online on our NB.com site) and on Zappos.  But for the straight up Numeric, the 440 is more wide than most, NM212's and 213's are both decent width (212's and 213's need 1/2 size down as they run large). 
Hope that helps a little bit.
[close]

Super helpful! Thanks a lot!

Personally I think the 379s feel nice and wide in the toes and that's why I love them so much.  I think it has to do with the flexibility of a vulc combined with the simple one piece toe cap that allows the toes to move freely.  I think they feel wider than 212s.  I might try the wide 574s some day, but don't really like the sole on that shoe. 

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1174 on: May 03, 2019, 09:08:43 AM »
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does anyone know if the 533 v2 is still in production? I see it's on sale at Tactics in some colorways and I definitely want to scoop a pair if they're getting phased out or something. Still in search of the perfect cupsole shoe for my wide and achy feet ever since they stopped making the Suciu 1.
Still on production. I hated the flick on mine. Also, as usually goes with NB#, get half size bigger.
288 are the best NB# imo but they don't last at all.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

cockrabbit

• Rep: -29
« Reply #1175 on: May 03, 2019, 02:12:36 PM »
im ready for that 288s to drop, anybdy seen those yet?
when i said 288s i didnt mean 288 plural i meant 288"s", they look like a 288 silhouette with a city cup sole, so sick

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #1176 on: May 04, 2019, 10:11:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does anyone know if the 533 v2 is still in production? I see it's on sale at Tactics in some colorways and I definitely want to scoop a pair if they're getting phased out or something. Still in search of the perfect cupsole shoe for my wide and achy feet ever since they stopped making the Suciu 1.
[close]
Still on production. I hated the flick on mine. Also, as usually goes with NB#, get half size bigger.

Where did they wear out? Was thinking of copping.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #1177 on: May 04, 2019, 05:05:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

i felt like they last as long as the 440 which usually means the sole goes bald before the upper pops.

« Reply #1178 on: May 05, 2019, 02:39:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
i felt like they last as long as the 440 which usually means the sole goes bald before the upper pops.

That happens to every new balance shoe in my experience

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #1179 on: May 08, 2019, 06:20:12 PM »
Anyone ride bikes in nb#? Like 420 or 533? Thoughts on road and/or mountain would be cool.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1180 on: May 08, 2019, 11:47:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Overall the whole shoe, sole goes flat really fast and gets soft but again, is a great shoe. If you find them on sale you should give them a try.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

« Reply #1181 on: May 09, 2019, 12:33:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Overall the whole shoe, sole goes flat really fast and gets soft but again, is a great shoe. If you find them on sale you should give them a try.

Thanks!

My local has 255’s back in stock, sounds like I’m better of sticking with those.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 12:58:59 PM by Dad you're embarrassing me »

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #1182 on: May 16, 2019, 12:08:13 PM »
210s are cheap right now. Any opinions on them? True to size? Looks like pu insole which I like. Herringbone pattern sole too.

https://www.newbalance.com/pd/210/AM210.html#color=Pink_with_Gum_and_Black&width=D

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1183 on: May 16, 2019, 09:57:11 PM »
210s are cheap right now. Any opinions on them? True to size? Looks like pu insole which I like. Herringbone pattern sole too.

https://www.newbalance.com/pd/210/AM210.html#color=Pink_with_Gum_and_Black&width=D

Don't think those are actually Numerics, so probably won't hold up super well...

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #1184 on: May 17, 2019, 09:41:04 AM »
If I’m a 9 in Vans old skool pro what would I be in the 440? 9.5?

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #1185 on: May 17, 2019, 10:24:24 AM »
If I’m a 9 in Vans old skool pro what would I be in the 440? 9.5?

Idk why people said size up. I'm 10.5 and had to get 913s in 10. Try em on at a shop, that's the true suggestion.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #1186 on: May 17, 2019, 11:56:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Don't think those are actually Numerics, so probably won't hold up super well...

oh yeah. Didn't even notice they weren't # and were just regular NB shoes. They sure look like skate shoes. CCS/Daddies sells them

https://www.daddiesboardshop.com/new-balance-210-shoes-rose-navy-9-5

Harm Rochel

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1187 on: May 18, 2019, 08:31:38 AM »

Do the 379s really come with a cushioned midsole?

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #1188 on: May 24, 2019, 07:35:54 PM »
So I might grab some NB # over the holiday weekend. All these model numbers got me fucked though. I gotta be careful too because some supposedly run narrow while others they say to size down.

Local doesn't carry them, and all the shoe stores nearby just stock the grandpa designs. So any tips would be appreciated. Ideally a vulc, but not dead set on it. If it helps my feet are right on the typical wide sizing threshold. I can get away with Ds if it's a generous midsole/toebox.

Gonna do some research myself, but I figure it wouldn't hurt to ask.

« Reply #1189 on: May 24, 2019, 10:55:43 PM »
So I might grab some NB # over the holiday weekend. All these model numbers got me fucked though. I gotta be careful too because some supposedly run narrow while others they say to size down.

Local doesn't carry them, and all the shoe stores nearby just stock the grandpa designs. So any tips would be appreciated. Ideally a vulc, but not dead set on it. If it helps my feet are right on the typical wide sizing threshold. I can get away with Ds if it's a generous midsole/toebox.

Gonna do some research myself, but I figure it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I recommend the 255, just a good no bs vulc shoe. The only other NB# I’ve skated is the 533 v2, which was also good, but a bit bulky. Every other NB# I’ve tried on hasn’t felt right.

Trail

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1190 on: May 25, 2019, 02:28:22 AM »
I’m a huge fan of NB running shoes etc yet to try there skate shoes however I wish they were more consistent on there sizing, I have to get them in three different sizes depending on the model.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
« Reply #1191 on: May 25, 2019, 05:07:30 AM »
I recommend the 255, just a good no bs vulc shoe. The only other NB# I’ve skated is the 533 v2, which was also good, but a bit bulky. Every other NB# I’ve tried on hasn’t felt right.

I've wanted to try some vulcs other than vans for a while. I might have to give those 255s a try.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #1192 on: May 25, 2019, 06:27:00 AM »

Awesome, thank you. Do they run pretty true or you think a half size up?

« Reply #1193 on: May 25, 2019, 10:16:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mate the sizing of skate shoes I’ve bought over the years has varied so wildly I honestly don’t know what my true size is anymore!
I’m a 12 in these, a 12 in 533’s, an 11.5 in Emericas, and either a 10.5 or 11 in Cons one stars, so go figure haha

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #1194 on: May 25, 2019, 02:39:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Mate the sizing of skate shoes I’ve bought over the years has varied so wildly I honestly don’t know what my true size is anymore!
I’m a 12 in these, a 12 in 533’s, an 11.5 in Emericas, and either a 10.5 or 11 in Cons one stars, so go figure haha

I think I'll size up then lol. I'm was a 10.5/11 in Cons when I used to wear em.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1195 on: May 26, 2019, 12:42:52 AM »

Ended up having all these on my hands (or feet ;D), I should be set for a while now..
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

« Reply #1196 on: May 26, 2019, 01:16:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I think I'll size up then lol. I'm was a 10.5/11 in Cons when I used to wear em.

Lunarlon era cons I was actually a 10! Definitely size up.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #1197 on: May 26, 2019, 02:42:10 AM »
Is the 659 more of a cupsole, vulc or something in between?

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #1198 on: May 26, 2019, 05:51:38 AM »

Ended up having all these on my hands (or feet ;D), I should be set for a while now..

Those 288’s look amazing. I had never noticed that model. I wanna try those out.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #1199 on: May 26, 2019, 10:23:06 AM »
Anyone know the deal with the high tops Chad Tim Tim is wearing? They almost look like Converse...