Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 65571 times)

Bristol_Palin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1950 on: May 05, 2024, 07:10:35 AM »
My session window is 8-10 but I needed to exchange my propane tank for my grill so that would have to cut into my session, plus I knew I wanted to take a walk on the beach in this window. First time skating a more rounded board instead of a squarer board in years. I had to relearn 360 flips. Also skating brand new 58mm 93a spitfires. I really like them. I didn't really do many ledge tricks besides 5050s, a couple backside nose slides and one nolle back lip. I did manage to film myself a little cause I was solo at the skate park. Wallrides still feel good like every try. I tried 2 frontside ones and I was close but I'm not going to ruin my whole skate window trying them so if a trick doesn't work I move to the next. I got a kid and a wife that would be bummed if I skated all day instead of playing with them. So this was all before 10 am. I don’t skate enough with all the life stuff but it’s never not fun.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 07:25:18 AM by Bristol_Palin »

FUBAR

• Rep: 238
« Reply #1951 on: May 05, 2024, 06:44:12 PM »
Had coffee with my wife while I skated a parking block near some pickle ball courts. I ate shit on a slappy, old people played pickleball, the coffee was excellent and my wife got to see why I wear wrist guards all the time.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1952 on: May 06, 2024, 05:21:06 AM »
Yesterday did my first Ollie in 2 months. It hurt but less than expected. This recovery sucks but at least it seems going somewhere but way too slow.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Crust

• Rep: 44
« Reply #1953 on: May 06, 2024, 05:28:14 AM »
Arrived at the park, full of very young children using it as a playground while their parents occasionally look over from the park benches. Made the most of the areas of the park not littered with kids

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -302
« Reply #1954 on: May 06, 2024, 07:17:42 AM »
My last session on the angle iron box at the diy was going great. Landed a bunch of tricks, some I hadn't done in a little while. I was about to end the sesh on a really good back smith. I took a rip from my vape, cooled off a little bit and then thought: "I haven't done a fakie 5-0 today. I'll do one real quick". It's usually pretty easy for me. I almost do it first try, I'm thinking: "I definitely got it second T, then I'm going home". Well on the second go I whiff the pop and miss the box entirely. My left leg bashes into the angle iron and I slam hard on my right hand. Luckily my wrist was good, but I got a real nice shinner on my left leg now. Been about a year since my last bad shinner so I was due. I had to get greedy with "one last trick" tho lol.