Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 987734 times)

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -768
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #6270 on: March 14, 2021, 11:06:09 AM »
Expand Quote
I’ve had a keen mini for a year. It’s been good. Impact drill and a friend make the assembly go easier. I wish I had more space or a garage. I’d go full backyard park easily.
[close]

I hear you. My son and I built our last very shitty 2x7 ramp together, well 50% of it we built together.
Honestly I didnt wanna fuck around this time. I had Cory and his team come install it.

That is so fucking cool
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

FUBAR

• Rep: 240
« Reply #6271 on: March 14, 2021, 04:31:39 PM »
Ugh I am kind of embarrassed to post my consumerism here....

3.5x12 Keen Mini ramp. Weather-coated birch, capped back, railings.
Keen slappy pad/box
Keen banked bar

Hardgoods:

Just in the last few days I bought CODA ConcGod x2 9" decks, a CODA shirt and a dad hat.

Magenta sent me a 20% off thing.....so I bought a large mystery box of clothes/accessories, 8.8" deck, and 53mm wheels.

Other bits, the stuff necessary to turn one of my natas boards into a complete (Ace 66s, Spit classic 58s, G3s)
Upgraded my vans to the new skate ones, but that might have been a mistake...sooooo stiff.

idk. I need to stop spending money. Until Spring Polar drops.

I’m going to get a slap pad when they put them back on line...is it as much fun as I think it will be?

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #6272 on: March 14, 2021, 05:06:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Bluetile Lounge Shop Deck 8.25
Bones Reds
Doh-Dohs Medium Hard 88a
[close]

have this on the wall
blue tile has the best shapes
[close]

damn those shapes are mad sexy. anyone know the woodshop?
[close]

I read somewhere here that they are bbs.  It was someone mentioning blue tile and nine times as Canadian shop decks by bbs.  I’ve eyed them up, but no personal experience yet.

No idea who presses it. I really like the shape though and it feels nice concave wise. I’m just getting back into skating so I don’t have the experience that most have here when it comes to who pressed it and those details. But been skating around a bit recently now that it’s nice again and it feels solid.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1423
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6273 on: March 14, 2021, 05:17:15 PM »

The last Half Cabs I had were the Syndicate Cab Lites in 2013. Last actual Half Cabs I had were either in 2005/2006. They feel great, but the collar sits right at the bottom of a screw head I have in my fibula. I hope they break in enough for it to not be noticeable. Worst case scenario is that I’ll try and trim the padding down a little bit

ayeeee. I hope they work out. I recently traded a Pal (good lookin out ArtHellman) a pair of NB440 hi, for some half cabs that had been ollied in a couple times and he threw in a pair of brand new AVEs. I'm stoked to be back in half cabs for the first time in over a decade. Feeling super comfy, especially with the SB insole he included. I'm still not able to skate much, but I went out and did some no complies and stalls, and after wearing only cupsole for the past few months I've been back in skating, I'm definitely understanding the board feel I was missing out on... hooray for half cabs  :o ;D
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #6274 on: March 14, 2021, 10:04:11 PM »
Expand Quote

The last Half Cabs I had were the Syndicate Cab Lites in 2013. Last actual Half Cabs I had were either in 2005/2006. They feel great, but the collar sits right at the bottom of a screw head I have in my fibula. I hope they break in enough for it to not be noticeable. Worst case scenario is that I’ll try and trim the padding down a little bit
[close]

ayeeee. I hope they work out. I recently traded a Pal (good lookin out ArtHellman) a pair of NB440 hi, for some half cabs that had been ollied in a couple times and he threw in a pair of brand new AVEs. I'm stoked to be back in half cabs for the first time in over a decade. Feeling super comfy, especially with the SB insole he included. I'm still not able to skate much, but I went out and did some no complies and stalls, and after wearing only cupsole for the past few months I've been back in skating, I'm definitely understanding the board feel I was missing out on... hooray for half cabs  :o ;D
I first bought shoes off ArtHellman 15 or so years ag when he sold me multiple pairs of rare/expensive Dunks for cost because I wanted to skate them. He has consistently been the shoe sale/trade MVP of the message boards

fuck you bama

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #6275 on: March 15, 2021, 04:34:57 AM »

I’m going to get a slap pad when they put them back on line...is it as much fun as I think it will be?

It's pretty rad but honestly havent skated it a ton but if you want to sharpen up your slappies its pretty rad. I think what I like best about it as its a 3-in-1 obstacle where really any side part of it can be hella fun. I also cant FS slappy for shit and I think itll help me. Just know while it has the handgrips and they shortened it from 6' to 5', it is really heavy and cumbersome, I use a hand truck to get it around to the parking lot across the street. The coping is fast and it feels bulletproof overall.
ok thanks

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6276 on: March 15, 2021, 05:02:12 AM »
artform had a sale and im always down for new bottoms that are long enough in the sizing chart

ripstop pro cargo pants in black
pro cargo shorts in chocolate chip camo

gonna make it a goal to skate in more shorts this spring/summer, forcing me to commit and slam properly or fillet my legs. we shall see
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Boog

• Rep: 201
« Reply #6277 on: March 15, 2021, 05:35:01 AM »
Got a 8.25 full se Jake Donnelly praying fingers deck and some orange Spanky f4s neckface graphic. Also the black and green leather liberty cup.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6278 on: March 15, 2021, 03:12:11 PM »
I hate my OCD so much.
Just bought some 55mm Dial Tone wheels and some random magenta clothes and zines and stuff from TOA so I could get the free shipping. Why does my OCD matter? I am trying to find the sweet spot in wheel size again where I can run no risers, (and definitely no rails) on my singular setup that I do everything on. Gonna have to get ceramic bearings too. The biggest thing I skate is a 5' bowl on a regular basis but I want no excuses for losing speed.
ok thanks

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 834
« Reply #6279 on: March 15, 2021, 04:11:39 PM »

More PScumcos. Got all of then although I need another nicholson to have a full wall set since I set that one up. If anyone wants a full nerd writeup on any of them let me know. Quick summary of these two, this is from memory so might be slightly off

8.37 Epsom salts - long as fuck, like 32.5 tip to tip. I'd call it a medium mold with a med-mellow tail and med nose.. seems to be the same as the skee skate one

8.37 Ty Beall - not deep and steep like Beall decks usually seem to be, this one's also medium but a bit mellower. Really good shape, might skate it some day.

Those who look at the setup thread may recall that I recently started skating an 8.25 Evan Smith scumco guest board and I have to say that it's hands down one of the best decks I've ever tried. It's got a mellow square tail that is easy to pop and amazing and a big but mellow squaround nose (kinda like a quasi) that keeps flip tricks under control and easy to flick. It's pretty close to my ideal shape and dimensions. I've bought 3 more since I started skating it.. Definitely hoarding these jawns.

HIGHLY recommend it to older dudes and people who like mellower shapes. The 8.25 was really hard to find at first but they're trickling into more shops now... I know FA Skates and library skate shop have a couple.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #6280 on: March 15, 2021, 05:13:40 PM »
Picked up my Nocturnal "Greetings from Philly"  deck yesterday. Size 8. Not sure what wood it's on but I saw in one of their previous posts on IG said their shop decks were from a new Chapman woodshop?

Were these available only in shop?

ballintoohard

« Reply #6281 on: March 16, 2021, 07:30:38 AM »
-Carpet 8.25 C star, favorite shape
-Grimple Gerwer 8.75 egg
-52 Conical 99a
-Dime hoodie some dummy was selling on Mercari for half off.
-Used Team Hollow 149 for the egg joint
-Quartersnacks Party hat.

Flossin

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #6282 on: March 16, 2021, 07:40:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Picked up my Nocturnal "Greetings from Philly"  deck yesterday. Size 8. Not sure what wood it's on but I saw in one of their previous posts on IG said their shop decks were from a new Chapman woodshop?

[close]

No they were online as well. I bought mine online then just picked up in store.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6283 on: March 16, 2021, 09:09:53 AM »
First purchase since December, I wanted to spend less money since I was on a rampage lately.
These ones were cheap so why not?

Quality is crap tho.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #6284 on: March 16, 2021, 01:41:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

No they were online as well. I bought mine online then just picked up in store.
Oh damn went to buy one as a wall hanger online but didn’t see any.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6285 on: March 16, 2021, 01:54:00 PM »
Untitled by , on Flickr
Baker Reynolds Barry Mcgee for the wall

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #6286 on: March 16, 2021, 01:57:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’ve had a keen mini for a year. It’s been good. Impact drill and a friend make the assembly go easier. I wish I had more space or a garage. I’d go full backyard park easily.
[close]

I hear you. My son and I built our last very shitty 2x7 ramp together, well 50% of it we built together.
Honestly I didnt wanna fuck around this time. I had Cory and his team come install it.

[close]

That is so fucking cool
Damn, that's a long time dream of mine. Do you have to cover it every time? In the Midwest, that'd be weathered so quickly.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #6287 on: March 16, 2021, 02:58:10 PM »
Picked up a SeaRat 10” to fuck around on all things curb related.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1423
« Reply #6288 on: March 16, 2021, 04:08:19 PM »
Picked up a SeaRat 10” to fuck around on all things curb related.

ayyeee let us know how it feels. I kinda wanna grab one but I've got too many decks right now lol.

I've been on a rampage this winter, homies.

got a Cardiel "Maps" deck and the Lance Mountain Cardiel deck to add to the wall. Always an inspiration

got a Toy Machine football from @Buttfart Rapedick  for the cost of shipping. very kind dude, very strange deck but I'm gonna fuck with it.

traded my 2nd pair of NB440hi for a pair of Half Cabs and AVEs from @art hellman. I was fucking around with cupsoles, and I like them enough, but I think I'm back on the half cab team for now. nice and wide toe box!

bought some hollow indy 159s from @AngryBlackMan and they're feeling groovy

Just set up a Gangemi Orchard 8.5. Curious to see how it skates tomorrow. Definitely feels different than the BBS shop deck I've been riding.

got one of those orchard bomb Mission Hill shirts and a shirt from Ampt, the local shop here in town today

got a pair of sweatpants from Solstice in New Bedford, MA. big ups to New Beige. 508 baby

oh ya, grabbed a Indy T tool today too. sick of carrying a ratchet everywhere.

Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6289 on: March 16, 2021, 08:34:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That is so fucking cool
[close]
Damn, that's a long time dream of mine. Do you have to cover it every time? In the Midwest, that'd be weathered so quickly.

Thanks man. I live in Southern California. We've actually had a lot of rain in the last two weeks since I got it, so it's been completely tarped. It takes  40x20 tarp to get it over the railings, but it fits into a Rubbermaid chest and out of the way. Forecast looks good for the next two weeks so I took it off yesterday and have been skating it. Had a fun sesh with my friend tonight. I am still learning proper transition skating but its coming quickly having my own ramp.
ok thanks

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #6290 on: March 17, 2021, 01:11:19 PM »
Untitled by , on Flickr

Where did you grab one from? I’d love to have a couple for the wall but totally sold out everywhere I look and I refuse to pay resale.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1077
« Reply #6291 on: March 17, 2021, 01:41:33 PM »
I found an Antihero Cardiel compete with some loved but skateboard Reynolds 149s for $30 at the Goodwill. I took it apart, cleaned and removed a ton of rust from the trucks, tapped all the threads, replaced all the bolts, and reassembled. Also salvaged some Bones Reds bearings, but the well worn deck and wheels were left at the skatepark for a local grom
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6292 on: March 17, 2021, 02:12:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Untitled by , on Flickr
[close]

Where did you grab one from? I’d love to have a couple for the wall but totally sold out everywhere I look and I refuse to pay resale.
I got mine on baker's site when they restocked. Searched just now and looks like skatewarehouse has the reynolds one for now.
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Baker_Reynolds_Barry_Deck/descpage-BKR825DK.html

Fooj

• Rep: 188
« Reply #6293 on: March 17, 2021, 03:48:46 PM »
Shout out to Gallant and the work he's putting with Visit.  Messaged him and made sure i got some 14" WB boards with choice of screen

Stlfromca

• Rep: 1
« Reply #6294 on: March 17, 2021, 04:11:17 PM »
Treated myself.
Black pair of butter goods herringbone pants
Set of bones swiss
Set of bones bushings
Shop video
Picture show deck. Was super happy with the shape. Looks like a super mellow concave. Dims are 8 x 32  wheelbase is 14.25 gumma run it with my indy 139 or venture 5.2 hi
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 05:04:24 PM by Stlfromca »

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
« Reply #6295 on: March 17, 2021, 04:45:42 PM »
I just ordered some quantum ceramics and a pair of lakai telfords.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #6296 on: March 17, 2021, 07:41:05 PM »
Shout out to Gallant and the work he's putting with Visit.  Messaged him and made sure i got some 14" WB boards with choice of screen

that’s awesome. Good business

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #6297 on: March 18, 2021, 03:55:11 AM »

What size did you get? My 8.0 visit was a 14.25 wheelbase

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #6298 on: March 18, 2021, 10:39:39 AM »
Sold my DVX about 3 years ago and have been wanting a camera I can film skate and other "lifestyle" shit with so I bought a TRV900 off eBay for $280. hoping its not a dud when it shows up
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Fooj

• Rep: 188
« Reply #6299 on: March 18, 2021, 10:43:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
What size did you get? My 8.0 visit was a 14.25 wheelbase

8.0s.
You must have gotten the decks from the latest batch. RG said the only 14wb decks they had were are the 8.0s from the previous clutch order, of which he had these 4 left.  Can you tell which shop your decks are from? i dont think he wants to source from multiple places but had to due to covid