Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 719594 times)

Roisto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #2340 on: December 06, 2019, 05:31:33 AM »
Loophole wheels were at least at some point claimed to be from the F4 scientist guy by someone on here. And the rumor that he’s of Spitfire has been going on for at least a year and that is the reason for the recent F4 shortages. Nothing’s been confirmed though. I think concerned_parent took it insta like a man and asked Jim T and he said the shortage was due to some issues at the facility or something like that.

thebacker

« Reply #2341 on: December 06, 2019, 05:33:02 AM »
A dude came into my local recently. He claimed to be a former chemist for Spitfire and he had his own wheels to sell. He said that they were his version of F4’s. They looked like F4’s. The shop got a set but haven’t skated them yet.

Anyone hear of anything like this?

I did hear a rumor they fired the guy that created the F4’s basically.

Ravioli ravioli give me the formioli

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #2342 on: December 06, 2019, 06:16:50 AM »
Loophole wheels were at least at some point claimed to be from the F4 scientist guy by someone on here. And the rumor that he’s of Spitfire has been going on for at least a year and that is the reason for the recent F4 shortages. Nothing’s been confirmed though. I think concerned_parent took it insta like a man and asked Jim T and he said the shortage was due to some issues at the facility or something like that.
it was unknown soldier.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2343 on: December 06, 2019, 06:50:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
it was unknown soldier.

My bad. I suck at remembering people’s names. 😬 I do remember that sig though and his avatar. 😊

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #2344 on: December 06, 2019, 06:55:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
it was unknown soldier.
[close]

My bad. I suck at remembering people’s names. 😬 I do remember that sig though and his avatar. 😊
all good homie.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1970
« Reply #2345 on: December 06, 2019, 05:35:07 PM »
I did indeed take it to Insta like a man. :)

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #2346 on: December 06, 2019, 07:16:39 PM »
Hey long time lurker here and a first post  :-[

Google nfgmfg and it points to this guy
https://www.linkedin.com/in/aaron-holm-018909a
Founder and Manager
NFG Manufacturing, LLC
Aug 2017 – Present. 2 years 5 months

Deluxe Distribution
Materials Advisor and Technical Consultant for Manufacturing
Jan 2017 – Jun 2017. 6 months

Pointech and Deluxe Distribution
Program Manager
Jun 2014 – Dec 2016. 2 years 7 months

Pointech and Deluxe Distribution
Technical and Business Consultant
Feb 2014 – May 2014. 4 months

I don't know any gossip.. just thinking..
Loophole sounds like a jab at a non-compete contract
NFG = no fucking good?

And see Pointech in the LinkedIn link? There's a business page that says they operate out of Ermico's building. Ok, nothing crazy there. But moving down to BBS in TJ? Did DLX quietly buy into BBS or did I just never read about that?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 07:26:16 PM by satan »

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #2347 on: December 07, 2019, 07:10:59 PM »

Yeah peeps were saying Loopholes are pretty much formula 5’s. Look great to me. Really want them. Just haven’t pulled the trighair. And they’re on TOA but their 20% off ended... but yeah, their conicals look amazing.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #2348 on: December 07, 2019, 07:55:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah peeps were saying Loopholes are pretty much formula 5’s. Look great to me. Really want them. Just haven’t pulled the trighair. And they’re on TOA but their 20% off ended... but yeah, their conicals look amazing.

Does Loophole make 99a? I got a set of unlabeled Loophole sample wheels from someone and they felt harder than my F4’s so I rode them for like 20 min and then switched back to my normal wheels, and I’ve never ridden the harder F4’s so I couldn’t really compare them. I would like to try Loopholes though

Woos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2349 on: December 07, 2019, 10:53:58 PM »
Beautiful white F4s back in stock. Neckface collabs as well and they look fucking sick.

The beloved 99a Conical Fulls in 53 and 55mm is one of them.  Not sure why they wouldn’t include the most popular Conical Full size (54mm) but oh well.

You guys are lucky I’m sharing this info... I could have been a dick and bought up all the 53mm Conical Fulls but it’s the holidays and I can’t justify spending more money on myself.  I should probably buy a set before they’re gone though.  Wish they did some Neckface 99a Radial Slims. :/

99a Conical Full Neckface x Rowan (53 & 55mm)
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Spitfire_F4_Neckface_Rowan_99a_Wheels/descpage-SF4NRWH.html

99a F4 Classic Neckface x Spanky (52 & 54mm)
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Spitfire_F4_Neckface_Spanky_99a_Wheels/descpage-SF4NSWH.html

99a F4 Radial Neckface x Kader (58mm)
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Spitfire_F4_Neckface_Kader_99a_Wheels/descpage-SF4NKWH.html

99a F4 Radial Neckface x Kader (54 & 58mm)
https://www.cowtownskateboards.com/skateboarding/parts/wheels/spitfire/f4-99-kader-neckface-radial-wheels-white-pid-53792

Those are the cheapest I found them ($34.99).  Enjoy.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 11:06:35 PM by Woos »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2350 on: December 08, 2019, 01:18:21 PM »
Beautiful white F4s back in stock. Neckface collabs as well and they look fucking sick.

The beloved 99a Conical Fulls in 53 and 55mm is one of them.  Not sure why they wouldn’t include the most popular Conical Full size (54mm) but oh well.

You guys are lucky I’m sharing this info... I could have been a dick and bought up all the 53mm Conical Fulls but it’s the holidays and I can’t justify spending more money on myself.  I should probably buy a set before they’re gone though.  Wish they did some Neckface 99a Radial Slims. :/

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Spitfire_F4_Neckface_Rowan_99a_Wheels/descpage-SF4NRWH.html

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Spitfire_F4_Neckface_Spanky_99a_Wheels/descpage-SF4NSWH.html

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Spitfire_F4_Neckface_Kader_99a_Wheels/descpage-SF4NKWH.html

https://www.cowtownskateboards.com/skateboarding/parts/wheels/spitfire/f4-99-kader-neckface-radial-wheels-white-pid-53792

Damn Skatewarehouse is doing 15% off too. Thanks Woos.

Woos

« Reply #2351 on: December 08, 2019, 01:26:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Damn Skatewarehouse is doing 15% off too. Thanks Woos.

No problem, enjoy!  I hope they did a decent sized run because these things are going to sell like crazy.

Update: Looks like Skatewarehouse is temporarily not allowing people to but those wheels but they should be soon, idk when though.  Tactics has them for $34.99 as well and I believe they have free shipping for everyone at any price currently.  If it’s showing a shipping charge try clearing your cookies, use a VPN or use a different browser/computer/phone.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 04:54:05 PM by Woos »

Kevve

• Rep: 12
« Reply #2352 on: December 08, 2019, 08:32:13 PM »
Is there a big difference in fell between the conical & conical full?

Im mostly riding street and thinking maybe the extra width will be overkill?

colinquinn

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2353 on: December 08, 2019, 09:47:21 PM »

It's a pretty small difference, but I'd recommend going with the full if you're not in parks all the time. The extra width helps with iffy concrete.

Woos

« Reply #2354 on: December 09, 2019, 12:06:05 AM »

Personally I find the difference quite large.  What size trucks do you ride?  8.5”+ I actually find Conical Fulls to be the better choice.  8.0” I prefer Radial Slims or Tablets but I’d prefer Conical over Conical Full.

Wider will almost always ride better but I need a decent amount of space to grind.

I guess it depends on where you live as well.  I’m Midwest and a lot of the time I’m in smaller towns and cities where spots are extra crusty.  This is when I actually want wide wheels like Conical Fulls.  If I was just riding comfy and smooth spots/parks I’d be sticking to Radial Slims.

If you ride larger transition you’ll also want the Fulls. Smaller transition the regular Conicals, Tablets or Radial Slims might be nice since you have more truck to grind and stall with.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 12:11:11 AM by Woos »

spacial_profiling

« Reply #2355 on: December 10, 2019, 05:19:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Personally I find the difference quite large.  What size trucks do you ride?  8.5”+ I actually find Conical Fulls to be the better choice.  8.0” I prefer Radial Slims or Tablets but I’d prefer Conical over Conical Full.

Wider will almost always ride better but I need a decent amount of space to grind.

I guess it depends on where you live as well.  I’m Midwest and a lot of the time I’m in smaller towns and cities where spots are extra crusty.  This is when I actually want wide wheels like Conical Fulls.  If I was just riding comfy and smooth spots/parks I’d be sticking to Radial Slims.

If you ride larger transition you’ll also want the Fulls. Smaller transition the regular Conicals, Tablets or Radial Slims might be nice since you have more truck to grind and stall with.

Fulls are my preference on 149 +. Annnd I seen a lot of flatbar and rail skaters lately opting for the reduced grind room because the wider wheels actually seem to help them lock in better with having more depth and shorter distance to lock on wider set ups. Prob not preferred on sub 8.5 boards/trucks.

I fuck with 55/56/58 fulls personally and don’t grind rails and love em. Plus I like the weight distribution for flip tricks. Started going back to classic shape but the fulls are my fave for sure and what I got back to.

Kevve

• Rep: 12
« Reply #2356 on: December 11, 2019, 07:00:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Fulls are my preference on 149 +. Annnd I seen a lot of flatbar and rail skaters lately opting for the reduced grind room because the wider wheels actually seem to help them lock in better with having more depth and shorter distance to lock on wider set ups. Prob not preferred on sub 8.5 boards/trucks.

I fuck with 55/56/58 fulls personally and don’t grind rails and love em. Plus I like the weight distribution for flip tricks. Started going back to classic shape but the fulls are my fave for sure and what I got back to.

Thanks for all the input guys. To reduce the width of grind room sounds really promising as i've never practised grinds much.

My only concern is to not be able to cruise around as before. I want to try a 52-53mm again to get a lighter setup, easier flip etc. Think i'll just have to get used to a harder wheel and it will be all good.

slappy50

• Rep: 17
  • gear madness abounds
« Reply #2357 on: December 11, 2019, 10:29:05 PM »
Hey fellas, just wondering what shape of wheel would be best for mostly park skating (mainly bowl), as well as cruising around on decent streets. The only thing that I really want is for them to be 101a. Was thinking 101a 56mm conical fulls. opinions?

thanks, and s h a l o m
niggling

[/quote]

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1014
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2358 on: December 11, 2019, 11:07:01 PM »
Hey fellas, just wondering what shape of wheel would be best for mostly park skating (mainly bowl), as well as cruising around on decent streets. The only thing that I really want is for them to be 101a. Was thinking 101a 56mm conical fulls. opinions?

thanks, and s h a l o m

Conicals probably?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2359 on: December 12, 2019, 03:25:34 AM »
Expand Quote

thanks, and s h a l o m
[close]

Conicals probably?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

slappy50

• gear madness abounds
« Reply #2360 on: December 12, 2019, 07:13:19 AM »
is there a noticeable difference between conicals and conical fulls? also, what size should I opt for?
niggling

[/quote]

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #2361 on: December 12, 2019, 07:17:35 AM »
Yes bro damn

If u in dem streets or riding big walz get full conicals

U flippn wood and ride same same truck/board size get sub 54z. If not, get use to riding 54+ and accounting for overhang/wheel peepage at the sidez

Lmk if anyone else needs da tldr tldr of 50+ pages of what we've learned on Slap

B careful tho, the info doznt want 2 b lernd
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

slappy50

• gear madness abounds
« Reply #2362 on: December 12, 2019, 01:23:13 PM »
Thanks, I’m currently riding 55mm 101a lockins and thought the conical fulls were the best match. I was mainly looking for something similar but symmetrical in shape. I’m on 159 indys so grind room is t a big deal.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 01:26:44 PM by slappy50 »
niggling

[/quote]

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1014
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2363 on: December 12, 2019, 01:36:05 PM »
Thanks, I’m currently riding 55mm 101a lockins and thought the conical fulls were the best match. I was mainly looking for something similar but symmetrical in shape. I’m on 159 indys so grind room is t a big deal.

54mm Conicals sound like a good fit - what's your street game like? tech wizardy or just 'street skating'?

slappy50

• gear madness abounds
« Reply #2364 on: December 12, 2019, 03:15:24 PM »
definitely not tech, just 'street skating, trying to slappy and cruising around

any idea where to get these bad boys? I tried CCS, but alas, nothing. I'm in Canada and it almost seems completely out of stock (spitfire famine?) as the duties are steep, but if nothing else comes through, US it is
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 03:18:40 PM by slappy50 »
niggling

[/quote]

Woos

« Reply #2365 on: December 12, 2019, 10:11:43 PM »
definitely not tech, just 'street skating, trying to slappy and cruising around

any idea where to get these bad boys? I tried CCS, but alas, nothing. I'm in Canada and it almost seems completely out of stock (spitfire famine?) as the duties are steep, but if nothing else comes through, US it is

If you want to slappy too I really recommend Radial Slims or Radials. I prefer the rounded edge for that. Tons of contact area on both and the Slims have an awesome shape for locking in as well.

Tactics, Skatewarehouse, Skatepark of Tampa, SoCal Skateshop, CCS, Zumiez, and WarehouseSkateboards are my go to places to buy F4s. You gotta check often as they sell out quick and restock randomly.

Conical Fulls and Radials in dope Neckface collab colorways are now available at most of them.  Tactics, SW, and a few others have them in stock.

slappy50

• gear madness abounds
« Reply #2366 on: December 12, 2019, 10:29:44 PM »
The wheels I was peeping were these bad boys https://thedriveshop.ca/products/spitfire-f4-101d-conical-full-56mm?_pos=3&_sid=489851c11&_ss=r
And they’re near where I live so they’re one of my ideals. The only radial slims i could find were 99a 53 which would be my last ditch option. 56mm i could wear down as im sliding a lot. i couldn’t find conicals anywhere really besides Australia and London.

EDIT: found em at SPoT but I’d be paying like half the price for shipping
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 10:37:22 PM by slappy50 »
niggling

[/quote]

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #2367 on: December 13, 2019, 01:05:02 AM »
The wheels I was peeping were these bad boys https://thedriveshop.ca/products/spitfire-f4-101d-conical-full-56mm?_pos=3&_sid=489851c11&_ss=r
And they’re near where I live so they’re one of my ideals. The only radial slims i could find were 99a 53 which would be my last ditch option. 56mm i could wear down as im sliding a lot. i couldn’t find conicals anywhere really besides Australia and London.

56 conical fulls are my favorite. If you’re skating a lot they will wear down, mine are currently closer to 53 after probably a year
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

spacial_profiling

« Reply #2368 on: December 13, 2019, 05:44:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

56 conical fulls are my favorite. If you’re skating a lot they will wear down, mine are currently closer to 53 after probably a year

Those the ones!

slappy50

• gear madness abounds
« Reply #2369 on: December 13, 2019, 11:51:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Those the ones!

Ok boys, I think those the ones then. I slid 55mm lock-ins to 52 pretty quick so they should break in nice. Thanks for the help
niggling

[/quote]