Author Topic: some girl contest skater making a huge fuss over losing to a trans woman  (Read 60284 times)

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Gnar Kook
how high can u ollie

boi-cuzudo

Nora V Defense League

This thread is now about hardcore music

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
Imagine some dude making a post complaining that Leo took their prize money.

Seadramon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
So did nobody take a screenshot of the post that was obviously going to get deleted once there was any kind of backlash? I’m tryna hate on this transphobic bitch too but idk who it even was lmao

Also shout out the screenshots of Chris Russel and Nora’s comments, get bitter or get better kook.

Screenshot is in the first post..

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 902
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
Expand Quote
"The trans competitor who won took $1000 dollars in qualifiers, $3000 in finals, and $1000 in best trick. This totaled to $5000 of the prize money meant for the female athletes."

really typed that out and hard posted

wow
[close]
Basically goes to show this is all about money to her. Same with most contest skaters. Nora literally said in her 9club she got more into skating when the idea of it replacing her job became possible. Contests attract the worst people to skateboarding

All contest skaters belong in gitmo strapped to a chair watching Neil blenders duel in Diablo 89 run with dmt being pumped in their veins

To be fair for a very long time the only way a woman could be a professional skater and actually get paid was through contests. I know Marisa dal santo talked about that on the bunt, pretty sure Alexis has brought it up too.

Hopefully we’re getting to a point where women get paid for skating non contests.

diplodocus

• Rep: 156
  • long neck
43 guests…WELCOME TO SLAP.

we call out shit and drama in skateboarding like this on the reg. pull up a chair.

also fr 4000 comments on her post of mainly support. That’s fuckin sick. nora and chris russell calling her out. Hell yeah. That’s fuckin sick

diplodocus

• long neck

fr my first thought would be “good for leo”

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
Expand Quote
So did nobody take a screenshot of the post that was obviously going to get deleted once there was any kind of backlash? I’m tryna hate on this transphobic bitch too but idk who it even was lmao

Also shout out the screenshots of Chris Russel and Nora’s comments, get bitter or get better kook.
[close]

Screenshot is in the first post..

Ah thank you. I love how she says “I am sick of being bullied into silence” as if that’s not what trans people have been going through for decades lmao

These bigots are fucking delusional   
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
Taylor Silverman on Daily Wire Skateboards

diplodocus

• long neck

^says it’s deleted but it’s not^

she won 2 contests the same year and still complains

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
Expand Quote
Women were kept out of skateboarding for years because guys didn't want to share, wonder if skating had been accepting in the 80s and 90s if we wouldn't see women at the level you're describing. *yes I know women have always skated but you know what I mean.

Expand Quote
You guys can’t deny men are superior in skateboarding. Show me a woman that can pop her kick flips like Christian Maalouf or can Ollie like Reese Forbes. You can support the LGBTQIA+ movement while agreeing that there are differences between men and women. Just look at the Olympic scoring for skating. Ask Leo Baker to compete with the actual men at Tampa and we’ll see what’s up. It’s funny that we smashed the patriarchy by allowing men to dominate every single sport, including skateboarding. You know how disrespectful it is to someone like Elisa this crap is?
[close]
[close]
We've had less than one generation of a period in skating where we have more than a handful of female skaters in the limelight and we already see a little girl is doing kf back smiths like this. I guarantee we are about to see a boom in progression.

Japan and Brazil are gonna blow up. American women gotta catch up

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
The people who honestly believe this woman is at the height of women's skateboarding are insane, and frankly insulting.

Fuck you all.

i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
It’s funny though that all these armchair scientist dudes are like “you see men biologically have more muscles so trans women have an unfair advantage blah blah blah” but in the non-theoretical world probably the best trans skater is Leo, a trans man.

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
Nora handled this, it's over

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
clearly there are differences, trans men aren't having babies anytime soon. people need to stop being so quick with the slurs. competitive sports aren't my thing but can empathize with the frustrations of the trans and non-trans athletes here. clearly there's some growing pains for these things to figure out and i don't think either side being dicks is helpful.

Spectre

• Rep: -40

Let's be honest here leo would never win

JohnnyBoy

• Rep: 7
    • Fat Skater avatar image
Rayssa Leal is really fucking good at skateboarding. Wowee

Spectre

• Rep: -40
Rayssa Leal is really fucking good at skateboarding. Wowee

She is truly the future of women's skateboarding

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • Free Max B
This is skateboarding

Free max b
FREE MAX B

crunchydank

• Rep: 9
I personally do my best cyber bullying in the brisk early morning paired with a nice coffee and a pastry or crumpet of some sort.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
I hope that in the next few years competitive skating and "our" skating will part ways and be considered a different sport like longboarding or something like that. theres a fundamental difference in perspective and world view and it almost seems that a lot of those guys\girls that really care about being competitive would not even be skating if it wasnt mainstream and goal oriented. alot of local skaters that started in the last few years remind me of the guys that played football when i was a kid and used to pick on us skaters.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 165
If John Devine comments multiple times on your post you've either done something truly spectacular or done truly embarrassing.

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 46
At the current level of female skating, how on earth is this lady winning 2nd place in any contest? She totally boned herself, now she’s gonna get $0. Also, right wing bullshit has no place in skating. If you grew up in the 80’s or 90’s conservatives called you a devil worshipper for riding a skateboard. Fuck those people.

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103

Some of the IG comments are too good:

"Imagine posting these wack Todd Falcon mini ramp tricks and then being so mad that you only won $2750 at the last contest that you go full transphobic Karen and demand to speak to the manager of Red Bull."

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
Shhh everybody be quiet, Dwayne McMurray is trying to throw his two cents in.

diplodocus

• long neck
i'm a transphobic dork who got banned.

I think you’re in the wrong thread man, we’re talking about a woman entering a woman contest. ain’t no man here.

each one of has our opinions independent of this board, you’re just using that as an excuse to have a transphobic opinion, you bitch ass
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 09:30:25 AM by ihatejulio »

Magnolia

• Rep: 454
  • She/They
clearly there are differences, trans men aren't having babies anytime soon. people need to stop being so quick with the slurs. competitive sports aren't my thing but can empathize with the frustrations of the trans and non-trans athletes here. clearly there's some growing pains for these things to figure out and i don't think either side being dicks is helpful.
A. Trans men can and do get pregnant and give birth (I'm guessing you just got the terminology mixed up but lol.)
B. I don't give a shit what whiny cis people think.
C. The only people being dicks here are transphobes.
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
Of course she posts a photo with israeli flag with caption  “home”… sheesh

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
chris russell wins 5k for his comment