Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 720797 times)

hangontoyourego

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #5940 on: December 01, 2019, 07:08:43 PM »
I am recording a podcast in a week for work. I’ve always found podcasting fun, from the tech to the creative side, and feel I’m better in the world of audio than my typical realm of video production. However, not stoked I’m recording it for a couple of engineers who are known to rant for hours on end, then having to turn it around within 5 hours from record to upload. Hoping my coworker in NY can handle the editing but he’s a total fucking flake and can’t trust him as far as I can throw him.
My oldest friend is a mechanical engineer so I’ll looks forward to this please share . From listening to podcasts and seeing marc Maron and his producer speak it does seem to be a lot of work to edit the entire conversation. Good luck .

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #5941 on: December 01, 2019, 07:30:57 PM »
Expand Quote
I am recording a podcast in a week for work. I’ve always found podcasting fun, from the tech to the creative side, and feel I’m better in the world of audio than my typical realm of video production. However, not stoked I’m recording it for a couple of engineers who are known to rant for hours on end, then having to turn it around within 5 hours from record to upload. Hoping my coworker in NY can handle the editing but he’s a total fucking flake and can’t trust him as far as I can throw him.
[close]
My oldest friend is a mechanical engineer so I’ll looks forward to this please share . From listening to podcasts and seeing marc Maron and his producer speak it does seem to be a lot of work to edit the entire conversation. Good luck .

In its own meta way, I work for a company that produces podcasts and this is an employee-only podcast with one of our top software engineers. They created a way to identify users on said application as employee or non-employee, then made it so you have to be on company internet or VPN to download/play the episodes. So, my apologies, but I won’t be able to share the recording.

This was a podcast I did a couple years ago with friends:

https://soundcloud.com/user-575072956/wis-episode-13-bambam-has-two-black-eyes-and-a-win

This episode is with a friend who is a professional MMA fighter and just won a fight. The extent of my post production for this episode was adding compression to our voices, adding room tone to defeat dead-silence and dubbing over any mention of a name with a recorded fart from a previous episode.

Due to the content being pretty inflammatory, we kept our identities anonymous. Lasted about 6 months until we all ended up getting married and realizing we couldn’t continue the show in good faith/ while being able to keep our spouses. Pretty bummed about losing it but am looking to restart it soon.

EDIT: typos from food coma

EDIT#2: The fart used to dub over our names was recorded on this episode.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 07:37:56 PM by fakie nollie »

Dr-Feelgood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #5942 on: December 01, 2019, 10:33:53 PM »
My girlfriends sister is visiting for the month which is cool cause i like her but her being here means ill be more tempted to spend more money and hit the bar....as i just got back from the bar on a monday after work

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #5943 on: December 02, 2019, 06:58:35 AM »
My girlfriends sister is visiting for the month which is cool cause i like her but her being here means ill be more tempted to spend more money and hit the bar....as i just got back from the bar on a monday after work

I know this feeling all too well. My wife and I are pretty simplistic and rarely drink when alone together. As soon as we visit someone or someone is visiting us, I used to drastically over-spend and over-drink to show said people a good time.

The way I conquered it is living the same way we normally do, just adding a couple more people to the equation of our lifestyle. I spend less, drink less and end up being more relaxed/ less stressed and hungover.

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 97
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #5944 on: December 02, 2019, 01:17:57 PM »
Skated here but it started to rain early into warming up.

Probably go back tomorrow.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #5945 on: December 02, 2019, 11:45:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know this feeling all too well. My wife and I are pretty simplistic and rarely drink when alone together. As soon as we visit someone or someone is visiting us, I used to drastically over-spend and over-drink to show said people a good time.

The way I conquered it is living the same way we normally do, just adding a couple more people to the equation of our lifestyle. I spend less, drink less and end up being more relaxed/ less stressed and hungover.

definitey going to work on control this next month.....in saying that weve been to the pub the last two days but only for a couple of beers and game of pool so thats good, not going crazy with the spending.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #5946 on: December 03, 2019, 06:44:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Complained about getting ghosted after a one night stand/date thing a while ago and it had left me bummed out about the music I usually listened to because it reminded me of the person. I kinda began listening to New Wave and Indie music (open to recommendations) and it's been a nice shift. I have also begun to move past it and be okay with it.
[close]
It’s amazing how annoying getting ghosted can be . I had read a few articles about it some
Time ago I’ll look and see if I can find the one I liked . aziz ansari Has a great book on dating . Anyway you weren’t here to keep going over that on to important matters 1st off to hell with that broad . There’s a good new wave thread in music. https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=72751.0
We talking Dino jr , early replacements , paul westerberg solo is amazing so frank black solo . I love the Afghan whigs . Go listen to gentlemen

That thread became the soundtrack to my day yesterday.

I’ll check out the book when I go back home (my place is getting fumigated).

Good luck on the podcast FN, make sure to share it with us when it’s out!
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #5947 on: December 07, 2019, 05:53:38 AM »
As I said before, I've got this girl I'm only half-way into so I've just felt like "Eh, I can do whatever on the sly."

Well today this chick who works at my local indoor (important during winter) and I were talking and I got her number and instantly regretted it. When she said she was 19 I should've just bailed but I panicked and rolled with it.

Immediately regretted it, feel bad 'cause I realized how good the main chick treats me, and now I've kinda shat where I eat as well.

For once in my life, my fingers are crossed that this skatepark chick doesn't text back and I get to be like "Oh I just thought you weren't feeling it," and get to walk away clean. Somehow I don't think it will be that simple.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

no habla mango

• Rep: -63
« Reply #5948 on: December 07, 2019, 06:22:14 AM »
As I said before, I've got this girl I'm only half-way into so I've just felt like "Eh, I can do whatever on the sly."

Well today this chick who works at my local indoor (important during winter) and I were talking and I got her number and instantly regretted it. When she said she was 19 I should've just bailed but I panicked and rolled with it.

Immediately regretted it, feel bad 'cause I realized how good the main chick treats me, and now I've kinda shat where I eat as well.

For once in my life, my fingers are crossed that this skatepark chick doesn't text back and I get to be like "Oh I just thought you weren't feeling it," and get to walk away clean. Somehow I don't think it will be that simple.
you oughtta pull a bait and switch. play matchmaker w/ the extra girl. are you anywhere near leetgeek? if not, find another pal in your area and pawn her off on that pal.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #5949 on: December 07, 2019, 10:29:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
you oughtta pull a bait and switch. play matchmaker w/ the extra girl. are you anywhere near leetgeek? if not, find another pal in your area and pawn her off on that pal.

My inbox is always open
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #5950 on: December 11, 2019, 08:04:19 PM »
Not Stoked:
-Recently realized I've spent more time on Slap than skating
-Realized how behind I am with videos
-Fell weirdly and my knee doesn't feel right

Stoked:
-New person at work skates (or at least is into bombing hills)
-Wanted to share some of the videos that I have w/ that person and found some gems I didn't realize I had
-Started itching to skate again
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5951 on: December 18, 2019, 03:28:46 PM »
Even though he won’t be removed because republicans are spineless it will still be satisfying to see this dumb cunt finally be impeached. His Twitter meltdown should be wild.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5952 on: December 21, 2019, 08:14:13 AM »
Was leaving the grocery store this morning with my kids and some guy came up to us in the parking lot and handed me a card and said "Merry Christmas to you and your family." I thanked him and forgot to say shalom. I already knew it was going to be loaded with Jesus talk, and it was, but it also had a crisp $100 bill inside. We're going on a trip a few days after Christmas, so this will be nice to have some extra cash, but at the same time I don't really feel great about it. My 8 year old argued with me the whole way home about why he deserves to keep the money. I tried explaining that someone just did something very generous for our family and that it was wrong to think he should be get to be selfish with the cash, but that's not something an 8 year old easily understands. I feel like I'm already fortunate enough and I should just give it to someone who really needs it, or go buy food and presents for a shelter or something.

As far as the religious aspect goes, no amount of money is going to get me to believe in something I don't believe in. But I do believe in being a decent human being and now I feel an obligation to step up and pay it forward otherwise I'm going to feel like a bit of a dick.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #5953 on: December 21, 2019, 08:32:59 AM »
You could send it to me I need new drugs

hangontoyourego

« Reply #5954 on: December 21, 2019, 12:27:58 PM »

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #5955 on: December 22, 2019, 06:59:56 PM »
tweaked my ankle at this metal show, its not so bad and i had alot of fun

Yu Dum

« Reply #5956 on: December 24, 2019, 11:57:54 AM »
Not stoked that I spent yesterday sick as a dog, but at least it was an extra long weekend for me. Thank gourd for theraflu and pedialyte.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #5957 on: December 24, 2019, 01:56:33 PM »
Not stoked that I spent yesterday sick as a dog, but at least it was an extra long weekend for me. Thank gourd for theraflu and pedialyte.
That short stomach flu is going around man.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #5958 on: December 24, 2019, 01:57:55 PM »
Was leaving the grocery store this morning with my kids and some guy came up to us in the parking lot and handed me a card and said "Merry Christmas to you and your family." I thanked him and forgot to say shalom. I already knew it was going to be loaded with Jesus talk, and it was, but it also had a crisp $100 bill inside. We're going on a trip a few days after Christmas, so this will be nice to have some extra cash, but at the same time I don't really feel great about it. My 8 year old argued with me the whole way home about why he deserves to keep the money. I tried explaining that someone just did something very generous for our family and that it was wrong to think he should be get to be selfish with the cash, but that's not something an 8 year old easily understands. I feel like I'm already fortunate enough and I should just give it to someone who really needs it, or go buy food and presents for a shelter or something.

As far as the religious aspect goes, no amount of money is going to get me to believe in something I don't believe in. But I do believe in being a decent human being and now I feel an obligation to step up and pay it forward otherwise I'm going to feel like a bit of a dick.
You can still pay it forward even if you use the money for yourself/family. Don’t put pressure on yourself to pay it forward $100 worth either. Just be a good person. Shalom. And merry Christmas.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5959 on: December 24, 2019, 08:01:25 PM »
These cans of sparkling water im crushing all the time lately.  Too much gotta drink more regular water again. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5960 on: December 24, 2019, 10:03:48 PM »
i haven’t had old fashion water in years
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #5961 on: December 24, 2019, 10:28:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You can still pay it forward even if you use the money for yourself/family. Don’t put pressure on yourself to pay it forward $100 worth either. Just be a good person. Shalom. And merry Christmas.

This. I'd put it towards your family and just accept it as some well deserved good karma coming your way

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5962 on: December 25, 2019, 05:08:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

This. I'd put it towards your family and just accept it as some well deserved good karma coming your way
  yes don't be a dick
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #5963 on: December 31, 2019, 06:52:29 PM »
Marijuana is now legal in my state starting the new year, I used to enjoy weed but now it makes me pretty anxious.

AssFlea

• Rep: -30
« Reply #5964 on: January 01, 2020, 12:35:57 PM »
via Imgflip Meme Generator

my sister is playing with all of my heros lately

Ive never been so proud.

Im not stoked because im a violent ex con and im not allowed to go to Canada
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #5965 on: January 02, 2020, 06:44:19 AM »
The duty manager just came up to tell us some kids have been busted stealing bikes from the lockup.
Went down on my break fully sure my new Cult would be gone (at 1.00am its easily the nicest bike in the lockup and has a horrible $6 Kmart lock on it).

Anyways the bike is still there but the little cunts have taken the helmet, I'm unsure why cos' it's fluro green with Slam City and 3 Amigos skateshop stickers on it so it'll stand out like a sore thumb.

On the plus side I don't have to buy a new bike and have a few tasty stickers I can put on a new helmet.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #5966 on: January 02, 2020, 09:57:25 PM »
i landed a full time job at $13 an hr but i've never had  a full time job so i'm kinda nervous..

also finally found hook ups asian goddess for sale but the prick wants $1500 for it
even the steven

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #5967 on: January 03, 2020, 12:41:02 AM »
Skated past my curb spot on the way to dominos

Noticed someone has waxed the fuck out of my curb, shits icy as fuck.

Stoked on pepperoni with ranch dipping though

doublesteveburger

« Reply #5968 on: January 03, 2020, 05:06:08 AM »
via Imgflip Meme Generator

my sister is playing with all of my heros lately

Ive never been so proud.

Im not stoked because im a violent ex con and im not allowed to go to Canada

Holy shit, I have buddies in a few of these bands and didn’t know this was happening. Stoked for them.

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #5969 on: January 03, 2020, 05:42:41 AM »
Woke up with chronic pain in my legs and thought about just laying in bed today. No I got up and did my morning stretches and did what I needed to do. Took some Tylenol to ease the pain because I could barely move.