Author Topic: longboarding  (Read 39196 times)

Doxastic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: longboarding
« Reply #600 on: October 24, 2007, 06:52:39 PM »
longboarding will never matter, period. just accept it, i mean we all have.

On a long enough time line, nothing matters.  We all will, at one point, no longer be remembered.  Everything that exists today will, one day, be gone.  Everything is pointless...  Whoa dude.  You totally just blew my mind...  You've change my outlook on everything...  I don't know who I am anymore...  Do ya think... do you think if I pick up a trick deck and practice my nollie 180 flips... I might... I might find the one thing that matters?

Doxastic

« Reply #601 on: October 24, 2007, 06:53:32 PM »

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #602 on: October 24, 2007, 07:08:27 PM »
you look like a really cool guy Doxastic. lets go to a bar and talk about how lame i am

http://www.myspace.com/chrislinton

http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55679
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhaahhahahah

ha!

Doxastic

« Reply #603 on: October 24, 2007, 07:30:12 PM »

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhaahhahahah

ha!

That's it?????  One of the biggest shit talkers on this thread and I get this?  Come-on man...  I know you can do better than that.  Look into that crusty, black heart of yours and find something worthwhile.  I know you're more creative than that.  Don't disappoint me.

shutupbitch

« Reply #604 on: October 24, 2007, 07:32:39 PM »
you just don't get it... That pic says enough. We're all laughing at your patheticness.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssseeeeerrrrrrrrrrr!

MFS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #605 on: October 24, 2007, 07:36:41 PM »
Expand Quote

ha!
[close]

That's it?????  One of the biggest shit talkers on this thread and I get this?  Come-on man...  I know you can do better than that.  Look into that crusty, black heart of yours and find something worthwhile.  I know you're more creative than that.  Don't disappoint me.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

MFS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #606 on: October 24, 2007, 07:39:21 PM »
you guys are desperatly trying to prove yourselfs at this point. when the reset comes i hope the mods save this one.

Young Jeezy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
  • AY!
    • youngjeezy.com avatar image
« Reply #607 on: October 24, 2007, 07:48:00 PM »
Expand Quote
longboarding will never matter, period. just accept it, i mean we all have.
[close]

On a long enough time line, nothing matters.  We all will, at one point, no longer be remembered.  Everything that exists today will, one day, be gone.  Everything is pointless...  Whoa dude.  You totally just blew my mind...  You've change my outlook on everything...  I don't know who I am anymore...  Do ya think... do you think if I pick up a trick deck and practice my nollie 180 flips... I might... I might find the one thing that matters?

you are just to lame for words! drink a SoBe and calm down bro!
JEEZY NEVER DIES

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #608 on: October 24, 2007, 07:48:15 PM »
It's called a popsicle stick cuz trick boards, like popsicles, are for little kids.
It's sort of ironic to me that you'd make that statement... I say that because every once in a while I affectionately refer to my regular board as a popsicle stick, and not because I'm a little kid, but because compared to the boards I grew up skating on (from 85 until somewhere in the 90's), my current boards to indeed look like popsicles. Seeing as now I'm 32, I'm not a little kid, just someone that chose to primarily go with the flow of of skateboarding as it modernized for street and ramp skating. I have all kinds of boards, and I ride all of them every once in a while, but I primarily like the technical progression that skateboarding has taken, and I'll do the best I physically can to be a part of that.

As for your sentiment, all I can say is you probably shouldn't post here, only because you're going to be offended and every visit you make here will end in you being verbally assaulted to levels that you probably won't find very enjoyable. The less enjoyable it is for you, the more glee a few folks (and judging by your tone, I'd include myself) will take in your constant bombardment of hate.

Rather than post in a forum where you'll be miserable and constantly on defense, eager to make that clever or wicked comeback, just post at a forum that you'll have a good time in. I'd recommend Silverfish for longboarding, and I'd recommend Old Man Army for the more hessian and soulful bowl/ramp/skaters-that-pay-mortgages-and-have-autographed-Jeff Phillips-memorabilia on their shelves crowd. I don't say part that as an insult either, as I'm gladly a member of both of those forums since they cater to something a little different than this place does.

Just don't be so fucking defensive and realize that this place caters to a whole different thing. Just chill and remember that this is only the internet... if you want to get flamed in here, by all means, I'm sure it'll make for some great entertainment... but why the bother?

Doxastic

« Reply #609 on: October 24, 2007, 07:52:07 PM »

You disappoint me...

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #610 on: October 24, 2007, 07:54:15 PM »

Nah. God's dead and nothing matters. w00t w00000t

Young Jeezy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
  • AY!
    • youngjeezy.com avatar image
« Reply #611 on: October 24, 2007, 07:55:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You disappoint me...

you dissapoint life. it would rather you end yours, sector 9 in hand, with the other throwing up the shaka
JEEZY NEVER DIES

Doxastic

« Reply #612 on: October 24, 2007, 08:06:32 PM »
It's sort of ironic to me that you'd make that statement... I say that because every once in a while I affectionately refer to my regular board as a popsicle stick, and not because I'm a little kid, but because compared to the boards I grew up skating on (from 85 until somewhere in the 90's), my current boards to indeed look like popsicles. Seeing as now I'm 32, I'm not a little kid, just someone that chose to primarily go with the flow of of skateboarding as it modernized for street and ramp skating. I have all kinds of boards, and I ride all of them every once in a while, but I primarily like the technical progression that skateboarding has taken, and I'll do the best I physically can to be a part of that.

As for your sentiment, all I can say is you probably shouldn't post here, only because you're going to be offended and every visit you make here will end in you being verbally assaulted to levels that you probably won't find very enjoyable. The less enjoyable it is for you, the more glee a few folks (and judging by your tone, I'd include myself) will take in your constant bombardment of hate.

Rather than post in a forum where you'll be miserable and constantly on defense, eager to make that clever or wicked comeback, just post at a forum that you'll have a good time in. I'd recommend Silverfish for longboarding, and I'd recommend Old Man Army for the more hessian and soulful bowl/ramp/skaters-that-pay-mortgages-and-have-autographed-Jeff Phillips-memorabilia on their shelves crowd. I don't say part that as an insult either, as I'm gladly a member of both of those forums since they cater to something a little different than this place does.

Just don't be so fucking defensive and realize that this place caters to a whole different thing. Just chill and remember that this is only the internet... if you want to get flamed in here, by all means, I'm sure it'll make for some great entertainment... but why the bother?

I apologize for insulting you because you seem like one of two cool Kats on here.  I only said that to piss him off.  I myself am 27 and practice my flips and grinds regularly.  So it would be hypocritical for me to really believe trick decks "are for kids".  It really was just to get a rise out of him.  I apologize for getting a rise out of you. 

As far as being on the defense, I'm having fun.  This IS enjoyable for me.  I'm not here defending longboarding.  Because people have their opinions, which is cool.  If we all had the same opinion life would be really really weird.  I am on here giving kids shit who ripped on some really cool Kats.  And I understand, this is the way you do it on the "Slap"!  But whatever.  If you talk shit to my friends, you piss me off.  That's why I bother.  Some kids fucked with some people for whom I have a lot of respect.  And I understand that does not mean I should shit on all people in this forum (which is why I apologized to you).  But that does mean I get to have some fun. 

And as far as being offended, didn't you read the last couple posts by MFS?  Come-on...

MFS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #613 on: October 24, 2007, 08:12:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I apologize for insulting you because you seem like one of two cool Kats on here.  I only said that to piss him off.  I myself am 27 and practice my flips and grinds regularly.  So it would be hypocritical for me to really believe trick decks "are for kids".  It really was just to get a rise out of him.  I apologize for getting a rise out of you. 

As far as being on the defense, I'm having fun.  This IS enjoyable for me.  I'm not here defending longboarding.  Because people have their opinions, which is cool.  If we all had the same opinion life would be really really weird.  I am on here giving kids shit who ripped on some really cool Kats.  And I understand, this is the way you do it on the "Slap"!  But whatever.  If you talk shit to my friends, you piss me off.  That's why I bother.  Some kids fucked with some people for whom I have a lot of respect.  And I understand that does not mean I should shit on all people in this forum (which is why I apologized to you).  But that does mean I get to have some fun. 

And as far as being offended, didn't you read the last couple posts by MFS?  Come-on...

by the way that was me laughing in your face.....................i think that says it all.

chip

• Rep: 3
« Reply #614 on: October 24, 2007, 08:13:54 PM »

Doxastic

« Reply #615 on: October 24, 2007, 08:14:55 PM »

I'm so happy you threw up a pic of Nietzche!  But the God is dead quote doesn't have much to do with the parts of his philosophy which inspired Nihlism, as I recall.  It has mainly to do with subjective morality, at least that's what I thought.  The God is dead quote referred to Nietzche's contention that God was no longer "required" for morality.  At least that's what I've gotten out of it.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #616 on: October 24, 2007, 08:17:18 PM »
Like I said man, go where you want to here. If the hassle is your thing, there will be more than enough to satisfy you.
As far as offensiveness, I've made my posts defending longboarding earlier here, and I'll make that same defense for my regular board, or any of the quirky or specialized boards out there (maybe with the exception of those luge things, I may have an "ism" concerning that whole Biker Sherlock stuff).

But no, if flame wars are your type of fun, please, continue on.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #617 on: October 24, 2007, 08:20:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm so happy you threw up a pic of Nietzche!  But the God is dead quote doesn't have much to do with the parts of his philosophy which inspired Nihlism, as I recall.  It has mainly to do with subjective morality, at least that's what I thought.  The God is dead quote referred to Nietzche's contention that God was no longer "required" for morality.  At least that's what I've gotten out of it.
You're right, I just threw the quote in to make the photo a little more accessible with the aid of some context they might be more familiar with. I mean, a large number of people here know him by his writing and philosophy, but they might not recognize him in a photo (or maybe they would, I was just being safe).

Doxastic

« Reply #618 on: October 24, 2007, 08:24:46 PM »
Like I said man, go where you want to here. If the hassle is your thing, there will be more than enough to satisfy you.
As far as offensiveness, I've made my posts defending longboarding earlier here, and I'll make that same defense for my regular board, or any of the quirky or specialized boards out there (maybe with the exception of those luge things, I may have an "ism" concerning that whole Biker Sherlock stuff).

But no, if flame wars are your type of fun, please, continue on.

Yeah, I think Biker is becoming a joke no matter what forum you're on.  But the Roger Bros boys are pretty sick.  David Rogers took one hell of a fall in Brazil.  If you didn't hear, I guess his visor came up right before the finish line and threw his head back.  This made it so he couldn't stop by sitting up (which is a big deal in luge, it's the only effective way to stop quick without flying through the air).  But since he tried to stop with his body down and knees up, he went flying in the air and got tossed like a rag doll at 80-85mph.  The bad ass just got up, duct taped his visor and leathers, then ran the next heat and took the win.  I gotta give props to that guy.

Doxastic

« Reply #619 on: October 24, 2007, 08:27:45 PM »

by the way that was me laughing in your face.....................i think that says it all.

It did say it all.  Here's the quote, ".........."  If you didn't catch it.  It says nothing.  I'm saying you said nothing.  Get it?  Hope that spelled it out enough for ya.

Doxastic

« Reply #620 on: October 24, 2007, 08:43:02 PM »

you dissapoint life. it would rather you end yours, sector 9 in hand, with the other throwing up the shaka

There's gotta be something better than this... come one people!  "you dissapoint life" was alright.  But the last sentence is barely coherent.  Life would rather it end itself... WTF is that supposed to mean?  And I can't believe you actually know the proper term for the "hang lose" hand sign.  I had to look that shit up.  But I get why you're hat'n on longboarders.  It's cuz you're just a longboarder in the closet!  Hahaha... it all makes sense now.  Just come out of the closet YJ.  It's ok.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #621 on: October 24, 2007, 08:55:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There's gotta be something better than this... come one people!  "you dissapoint life" was alright.  But the last sentence is barely coherent.  Life would rather it end itself... WTF is that supposed to mean?  And I can't believe you actually know the proper term for the "hang lose" hand sign.  I had to look that shit up.  But I get why you're hat'n on longboarders.  It's cuz you're just a longboarder in the closet!  Hahaha... it all makes sense now.  Just come out of the closet YJ.  It's ok.

i could totally nail your ugly girlfriend but her face looks like poo poo so i dont wanna.

shutupbitch

« Reply #622 on: October 24, 2007, 08:59:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i could totally nail your ugly girlfriend but her face looks like poo poo so i dont wanna.

Is there anything worst than taking pics of yourself in your bathroom mirror?

MFS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #623 on: October 24, 2007, 09:01:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It did say it all.  Here's the quote, ".........."  If you didn't catch it.  It says nothing.  I'm saying you said nothing.  Get it?  Hope that spelled it out enough for ya.
instead of going back to your dorm room and doing a couple hundred push ups and fucking the sleeve of your favourite jacket why dont you just have a bath with your toaster and do the world ( and the longboarding community for that matter) a big favour. fuck you and have a nice night. ;D

Doxastic

« Reply #624 on: October 24, 2007, 09:02:03 PM »

Ahhh... I can't say anything to this one.  You said "poo poo".  That makes me smile the kinda smile you get when you fart at a nice restaurant.

Doxastic

« Reply #625 on: October 24, 2007, 09:04:12 PM »
Is there anything worst than taking pics of yourself in your bathroom mirror?

Yes, reading your posts.

Doxastic

« Reply #626 on: October 24, 2007, 09:08:04 PM »
instead of going back to your dorm room and doing a couple hundred push ups and fucking the sleeve of your favourite jacket why dont you just have a bath with your toaster and do the world ( and the longboarding community for that matter) a big favour. fuck you and have a nice night. ;D

Much better.  But I'd rather phone that bitch you call a gf so I can assfuck her, cum on her tits after she sucks her own shit of my dick, then write DOX in it.  Just for you.

Doxastic

« Reply #627 on: October 24, 2007, 09:14:52 PM »
I think its time to end this stupid topic.

Skateboarding is fun if your into it and longboarding is fun if your into it

but skateboarding will ALWAYS be better.

I'm stoked you're being cool.  But you fail to realize.  Longboarding IS skateboarding.  And I know, most of you kids don't know the history of skating.  You think it begins with Steve Rocco.  Funny that you wouldn't learn more about the sport you all supposedly love.  But there's more to skating than kickfliping (and everything that goes with being a popsicle stick rider). 

shutupbitch

« Reply #628 on: October 24, 2007, 09:28:35 PM »
before tricks there was nothing but surfers who lived inland.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #629 on: October 24, 2007, 10:25:23 PM »
Expand Quote
I think its time to end this stupid topic.

Skateboarding is fun if your into it and longboarding is fun if your into it

but skateboarding will ALWAYS be better.
[close]

I'm stoked you're being cool.  But you fail to realize.  Longboarding IS skateboarding.  And I know, most of you kids don't know the history of skating.  You think it begins with Steve Rocco.  Funny that you wouldn't learn more about the sport you all supposedly love.  But there's more to skating than kickfliping (and everything that goes with being a popsicle stick rider). 

ive been skating for 14 yrs and am only 23. i think im well adversed in my history ass clown. your bitterness is attributed to your social inadequacy. The fact that most good looking girls consider you to be ugly ,nerd like or just a plain old can of smashed assholes is no reason to come over here and start callin every one names.