Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 237165 times)

sadnocomply

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 148
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1530 on: December 10, 2021, 12:08:11 PM »
thinking of purchasing some new denim from cee blue. any owner here? how's the sizing on them
do it. Well worn the money. Made in the USA premium quality denim. I always went size 32 and they measured bigger than the tag. Be wary of washing them in anything but ice cold water tho, shrinkage could get ya

JJ_Skates

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 15
« Reply #1531 on: December 10, 2021, 12:44:21 PM »
Got the Volcom Louie Lopez jeans....like a baggier version of a 550....comes with a tag that says 17" leg opening!

I dig that, do you have a photo of the fit? I'm a big fan of the 550's

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #1532 on: December 10, 2021, 02:32:12 PM »
Expand Quote
thinking of purchasing some new denim from cee blue. any owner here? how's the sizing on them
[close]
do it. Well worn the money. Made in the USA premium quality denim. I always went size 32 and they measured bigger than the tag. Be wary of washing them in anything but ice cold water tho, shrinkage could get ya

They claim to be sanforized but shrinkage is always possible with denim. Best washing method is in the bathtub soak and then rinse, I always add a little agitation after they soak a bit to loosen any dirt/oils then hang dry.

The sizing charts provided on the cee blues site are accurate to the pairs I’ve purchased. Measure yourself/a pair of jeans you like and see how the numbers compare. I’ve talked to Gilbert on IG and he runs them true to size, no size up or anything.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

nahynsee

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1533 on: December 10, 2021, 03:28:10 PM »
If I normally wear size 30 in Butter goods? should I go with size 29 in cee blue denim?

Daniel

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1534 on: December 10, 2021, 07:14:31 PM »
Yo I can’t find any review or topic on the polar 92 fit.
They look slimmer and with more aggressive taper compared to the 93…?

logjammin

• Rep: 346
« Reply #1535 on: December 13, 2021, 12:52:32 PM »
Requesting any fellow fatties with a 40-42" waist to recommend some truly loose pants :(

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1536 on: December 13, 2021, 01:09:19 PM »
Requesting any fellow fatties with a 40-42" waist to recommend some truly loose pants :(
depends on what your thigh situation is like my man. You working with a bigger waist but smaller thighs or are your thighs pretty proportional to your waist?

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1537 on: December 13, 2021, 01:13:06 PM »
I'm loving my Levi's 560's. My true to size is 36x30 but that is in a slim pant. after getting 560's in 38x30 and them being baggy but too short I scored a pair of 38x32s and god damn they're perfect. Definitely have got some bigger thighs compared to the rest of my body and these work so well. Bought all of them off ebay and would recommend going up length wise but between these and the dickies double knee loose fit I think I'm set for winter.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
« Reply #1538 on: December 13, 2021, 01:23:40 PM »
If I normally wear size 30 in Butter goods? should I go with size 29 in cee blue denim?
I got a size 29 in the Ceeblues Leigh chino and wear a 30 in most other pants, including Butter Goods, and that worked for me. I'd still check the size chart and compare though, just to be sure.

Gilbert also teased a new pant drop either this week or next on Instagram hmmmmmmmm

logjammin

• Rep: 346
« Reply #1539 on: December 13, 2021, 01:36:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
depends on what your thigh situation is like my man. You working with a bigger waist but smaller thighs or are your thighs pretty proportional to your waist?

Thunder thighs

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1540 on: December 14, 2021, 11:17:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I got a size 29 in the Ceeblues Leigh chino and wear a 30 in most other pants, including Butter Goods, and that worked for me. I'd still check the size chart and compare though, just to be sure.

Gilbert also teased a new pant drop either this week or next on Instagram hmmmmmmmm
Looks like Josh Wilson is rocking the new Ceeblues in this clip. I had dm'ed Gilbert a year ago or so asking him about a pair of Ceeblues jeans he was wearing in his Vans part that looked like this, and he said that they were samples and offered to sell me a pair. I politely declined since they were too big for me, but stoked that they're coming out now.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 11:24:10 PM by Made In China »

nahynsee

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1541 on: December 14, 2021, 11:19:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Looks like Josh Wilson is rocking the new Ceeblues in this clip. I had dm'ed Gilbert a year ago or so asking him about a pair of Ceeblues jeans he was wearing in his Vans part that looked like this, and he said that they were samples and offered to sell me a pair. I politely declined since they were too big for me, but stoked that they're coming out now.

He msged my DM. He told me to go 32. That olive jacket he was wearing was also nice!

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1542 on: December 15, 2021, 11:02:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This josh Wilson fit is so fire. Those pants look like super nice quality.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 148
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1543 on: December 15, 2021, 12:06:45 PM »
Green with white stitching is the absolute best. Can’t wait for those ceeblues

nevrwasben

« Reply #1544 on: December 15, 2021, 10:05:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

This josh Wilson fit is so fire. Those pants look like super nice quality.
The fit looks perfect on him. But I got some wide ass hips and have to size up (I’m already a big dude) and the proportion just gets thrown off. Jealous of all you skinny-waisted mofos…

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 316
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #1545 on: December 16, 2021, 08:11:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just got the enjoi fader denim at work, these have to be some of the cheapest, most ill fitting pants I’ve ever tried on. They look like they were made by someone who just learned to sew. Really amateur looking stitching and details, and unless you hike your pants up to your tits, there’s no way you could skate in these. They’re very restrictive, no range of movement. They’re a few bucks cheaper, but I honestly wouldn’t take these if they were free.
[close]

Lol, I got a couple because I didn’t want to pair that much for BIg Boys, my mistake, I ripped the light blue ones first day in the crotch, super restricted up top, and the leg opening is too big
[close]

I was honestly shocked at the low quality/fit. I get that a lot of the new baggy pants are meant to be worn a bit higher, but I couldn't move in the fader unless I literally pulled them up so high that the crotch was cramping my nuts.

There's a key technique to providing range of movement in pants design, and it's crucial for baggy pants because of the longer rise/lower crotch. I figured it out in 1992 after about 2 samples.
[close]
While I agree that they're low quality and you can definitely tell that in the stitching, my enjoi faders fit me really well. I love how high waisted they are and how wide the leg opening is compared to some baggy pants. I also skate them all the time and haven't had any problems with them ripping. But I'm also really skinny, barely have hips, and like pants with little to no taper, so take this as you will.

I decided to order 2 pairs of the enjoi fader black denim since it came out to $35/pair. I went with my true waist size, I think I should like the overall fit from what I've seen in pictures, but if they end up feeling too restrictive, they'll just be non-skate pants lol

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1546 on: December 17, 2021, 11:00:46 AM »
Not to sound like a broken record or anything, but new Ceeblues dropped. Includes three new jeans and a denim jacket. Gilbert really killed it with this one, those olive pants are so fucking nice....

https://ceebluesstore.com/?product_cat=cee-blues

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • Get bent
« Reply #1547 on: December 21, 2021, 09:27:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just got the enjoi fader denim at work, these have to be some of the cheapest, most ill fitting pants I’ve ever tried on. They look like they were made by someone who just learned to sew. Really amateur looking stitching and details, and unless you hike your pants up to your tits, there’s no way you could skate in these. They’re very restrictive, no range of movement. They’re a few bucks cheaper, but I honestly wouldn’t take these if they were free.
[close]

Lol, I got a couple because I didn’t want to pair that much for BIg Boys, my mistake, I ripped the light blue ones first day in the crotch, super restricted up top, and the leg opening is too big
[close]

I was honestly shocked at the low quality/fit. I get that a lot of the new baggy pants are meant to be worn a bit higher, but I couldn't move in the fader unless I literally pulled them up so high that the crotch was cramping my nuts.

There's a key technique to providing range of movement in pants design, and it's crucial for baggy pants because of the longer rise/lower crotch. I figured it out in 1992 after about 2 samples.
[close]
While I agree that they're low quality and you can definitely tell that in the stitching, my enjoi faders fit me really well. I love how high waisted they are and how wide the leg opening is compared to some baggy pants. I also skate them all the time and haven't had any problems with them ripping. But I'm also really skinny, barely have hips, and like pants with little to no taper, so take this as you will.
[close]

I decided to order 2 pairs of the enjoi fader black denim since it came out to $35/pair. I went with my true waist size, I think I should like the overall fit from what I've seen in pictures, but if they end up feeling too restrictive, they'll just be non-skate pants lol

They are a good cheaper option, but yea I bought both the black and light blue pair, the black ones have a much softer feeling denim, I am thinking of taking them to my machine and giving them a taper to see if I like them any better
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

notinternetfamous

« Reply #1548 on: December 21, 2021, 09:32:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

They are a good cheaper option, but yea I bought both the black and light blue pair, the black ones have a much softer feeling denim, I am thinking of taking them to my machine and giving them a taper to see if I like them any better

Did you go TTS? I got them delivered to my TX address since I'm traveling for the holidays so I won't know how they fit until next week.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • Get bent
« Reply #1549 on: December 21, 2021, 09:56:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Did you go TTS? I got them delivered to my TX address since I'm traveling for the holidays so I won't know how they fit until next week.

nah I go up a size, I’m usually a 32 so I get 34s, but considering they were loose on waist I think true to size should be fine, they hit all major marks if you are looking for something cheap and loose, but like what bugle bites said above, they didn’t drop the crotch low enough so when your pushing or lifting your knees high they definitely feel more restrictive, I’ve basically just been buying butter Philly jeans cause I’m tired of messing around, they are more pricey but I like the way they fit and look
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

GliderSkateboards

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1550 on: December 22, 2021, 12:23:39 PM »
Recently bought the Gap Relaxed Fit pants and love em. They're not Polar Big Boy big, but they feel great to skate in:

https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=4727610123032&cid=80799&pcid=80799&vid=1&cpos=20&cexp=2541&kcid=CategoryIDs%3D80799&cvar=21293&ctype=Listing&cpid=res21122013448410837654215#pdp-page-content

Went tts....plus theyre always on sale

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #1551 on: December 22, 2021, 10:39:21 PM »
Anyone know how Domestics pants fit? Looking at their raw denim jeans. I didn’t see a size chart on the website. Wondering what the size of the  leg opening is…

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
« Reply #1552 on: December 22, 2021, 11:15:41 PM »
Anyone know how Domestics pants fit? Looking at their raw denim jeans. I didn’t see a size chart on the website. Wondering what the size of the  leg opening is…

Can't give you numbers but Domestics pants are a pretty straight fit, even their tees run a lil small

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 216
« Reply #1553 on: December 25, 2021, 11:32:15 AM »
Not to sound like a broken record or anything, but new Ceeblues dropped. Includes three new jeans and a denim jacket. Gilbert really killed it with this one, those olive pants are so fucking nice....

Well damn. Gilby has to be the best dressed person in skateboarding right? Wtf are the kung fu shoes he’s wearing in the second slide?
He must have so much gear. 100% lurks here.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #1554 on: December 26, 2021, 08:17:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Well damn. Gilby has to be the best dressed person in skateboarding right? Wtf are the kung fu shoes he’s wearing in the second slide?

He does look good.
The loafers (weejuns?) look sharp, as do the ‘Kung-Fu’ slippers. One of the difficulties in the dress code of that era is, imo: what to do with the footwear? Wearing work wear with loafers, seems slightly off to me. The loafer says privilege, no? Not exactly blue collar.
I dunno what I’m on about here.
Carry on.

kelbywest

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1555 on: December 26, 2021, 08:05:45 PM »
Anyone know if the new Polar "92!" denim fits like their "90s" denim?

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #1556 on: December 26, 2021, 10:32:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

He does look good.
The loafers (weejuns?) look sharp, as do the ‘Kung-Fu’ slippers. One of the difficulties in the dress code of that era is, imo: what to do with the footwear? Wearing work wear with loafers, seems slightly off to me. The loafer says privilege, no? Not exactly blue collar.
Carry on.
no thats a great point
needs some work boots
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1557 on: December 26, 2021, 10:46:03 PM »
The guy sews pants…..he can wear loafers…

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
« Reply #1558 on: December 27, 2021, 12:10:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

He does look good.
Carry on.
[close]
no thats a great point
needs some work boots

I'm no historian but I think plenty of people would of just worn whatever shoes they could get. Workbooks also would of sort of been a privilege. Sneakers basically didn't exist so a lot of trades would wear whatever basic thin shoes were available.

notinternetfamous

« Reply #1559 on: January 11, 2022, 07:14:53 AM »
for those who are interested in the enjoi fader denim, I highly suggest sizing up and only buying them if they're on sale. I originally got my true waist size and it fit okay, but hardly any crotch room and difficult to put stuff into the front pockets. Did an exchange and sized up like crazy and they fit much better, just have to wear them higher on the waist if I plan on skating in them
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 12:34:46 PM by notinternetfamous »