Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 237159 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1740 on: April 21, 2022, 05:33:37 PM »
I grabbed a pair of Volcom Billow plus.  Unfortunately I have to recommend this pant….they come in black, definitely some bag but still hang.  They hang on hips so they are a bit bigger I am a 30”, I usually buy 32”, I bought 31” and I could have prolly pulled a 30”. 

Super cheap too….like $28USD because the brand seems to be acting like ambercrombie or some shit…..

Uniqlo seems to be cranking out decent shit too as I had expected…..

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1741 on: April 21, 2022, 06:31:47 PM »
Uniqlo denim work pants are fantastic. Don’t think they are on the site anymore but I just got a pair in the cream color in store. Their pants aren’t always long enough for me but these ones are perfect baggy and stacking. Super comfy too and only $50

cant kickflip but can tre

• Rep: 9
« Reply #1742 on: April 28, 2022, 11:46:46 PM »
Anyone got recommendations for baggy brown pants that aren’t corduroy? Was thinking about the Dickies relaxed fit duck pants but open to more suggestions

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #1743 on: April 28, 2022, 11:57:41 PM »
Anyone got recommendations for baggy brown pants that aren’t corduroy? Was thinking about the Dickies relaxed fit duck pants but open to more suggestions

I think Carhartt has some of that too that people have really liked on here, but haven't gotten to try them yet myself.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1744 on: April 29, 2022, 03:28:38 PM »
Dungarees is the correct answer no? 

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #1745 on: April 29, 2022, 03:41:46 PM »
Dont kill me but Ive been super into these Gap Easy Stretch pants in relaxed fit. I am never wearing Dickies again, holy shit theyre so comfy, stretchy, inexpensive, and dont look all blown out when you arent skating.
ok thanks

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #1746 on: April 29, 2022, 06:06:56 PM »
Dungarees is the correct answer no?

Yes. We should leave these heresies to rest, the Dungaree is indeed perfect. All hail the Dungaree!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1747 on: April 29, 2022, 08:10:30 PM »
I’m actually more with BigDave on my pant strategy swearing off workwear brands in favour of shitty generic mall brands……fashion moves pretty fast these days…..American Eagle has 90’s baggy jeans…..

diplodocus

• Rep: 160
  • long neck
« Reply #1748 on: May 01, 2022, 07:33:19 AM »
I’m actually more with BigDave on my pant strategy swearing off workwear brands in favour of shitty generic mall brands……fashion moves pretty fast these days…..American Eagle has 90’s baggy jeans…..

What strategy is that? Saving money on pants or not wanting to wear what everyone else is wearing?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1749 on: May 01, 2022, 07:48:25 AM »
Both seem like not a bad idea….

bryan

• Rep: 26
« Reply #1750 on: May 01, 2022, 09:08:28 AM »
Uniqlo Wide Fit jeans, the denim is light, bagginess reminds me of blind jeans but tapered and tts in the waist. They are very baggy, like polo american flag jeans or levi 550/541 but up two sizes. The best part about it is that they alter the length to your size so it doesn't have to drag under the heel of your sneaker.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #1751 on: May 01, 2022, 09:54:30 AM »
Uniqlo Wide Fit jeans, the denim is light, bagginess reminds me of blind jeans but tapered and tts in the waist. They are very baggy, like polo american flag jeans or levi 550/541 but up two sizes. The best part about it is that they alter the length to your size so it doesn't have to drag under the heel of your sneaker.

everytime i go to uniqlo i look for the wide fit but the ones i go to never have it. they are stuck in skinnny/straight land.

bryan

• Rep: 26
« Reply #1752 on: May 01, 2022, 12:36:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

everytime i go to uniqlo i look for the wide fit but the ones i go to never have it. they are stuck in skinnny/straight land.

They are available online with alterations (in the US anyway) but be sure to measure the inseam from the bottom of the rise/crotch.

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #1753 on: May 01, 2022, 01:08:15 PM »
$140 for carhartt wip or $60 for two pairs of zoomz cargos… you might be onto something.

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #1754 on: May 02, 2022, 05:56:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
$140 for carhartt wip or $60 for two pairs of zoomz cargos… you might be onto something.

I was referring to the regular Carhartt, not WIP versions. The regular ones are around $45. $140 for a pair of pants is pretty nuts, especially if you're gonna skate them.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1755 on: May 02, 2022, 10:15:07 AM »
My point was instead of spending $25 on a pair of dickies, I’d rather see what the normie world has to offer.  Another lane I missed is thrifting….as well as having a decent dry cleaner, tailor, or doing alterations yourself….no shame in just spending the dough either….

I’m not taking it on, but I suspect a slap pals who sew thread will be upon us shortly…….

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1756 on: May 02, 2022, 10:29:23 AM »
My point was instead of spending $25 on a pair of dickies, I’d rather see what the normie world has to offer.  Another lane I missed is thrifting….as well as having a decent dry cleaner, tailor, or doing alterations yourself….no shame in just spending the dough either….

I’m not taking it on, but I suspect a slap pals who sew thread will be upon us shortly…….

I've got a dry cleaner down the street and he hems my jeans for $10/pair. I used to have a machine and do it myself, but the thing weighed 30 pounds and I just got sick of moving it.

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
« Reply #1757 on: May 02, 2022, 01:04:36 PM »

I hem all my pants myself. Used to taper the leg before athletic taper cuts became easily available, take in the waist, add crotch gussets, patch blowouts from biking. Having thick/short legs in the dark ages before affordable stretch denim made it a necessity, learning how to make my pants fit back in highschool led to a lot of other creative endeavors. Cuffed doesn't look good on most people and dragging your pants behind your heels is for juggalos.

cant kickflip but can tre

• Rep: 9
« Reply #1758 on: May 05, 2022, 02:21:39 PM »
Update on the search for non-corduroy brown pants: found out Rothco made new colors for their cargos, including brown! TTS is 30x32 for me and these are a size Large in regular length

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #1759 on: May 09, 2022, 08:23:16 AM »
those rothcos look good!

also posted in the random questions thread, but figured i'd ask here too- has anyone found a way to successfully stretch the waist on a pair of 874s?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1972
« Reply #1760 on: May 09, 2022, 08:24:48 AM »
those rothcos look good!

also posted in the random questions thread, but figured i'd ask here too- has anyone found a way to successfully stretch the waist on a pair of 874s?

Hot water and fabric softener helps a bit, but at the end of the day I've accepted that I just have to size up on 874s.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1761 on: May 09, 2022, 08:51:22 AM »
Expand Quote
those rothcos look good!

[close]

Hot water and fabric softener helps a bit, but at the end of the day I've accepted that I just have to size up on 874s.

Same. I'm a 34 in every pant except dickies, I have to size up to 36.

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #1762 on: May 09, 2022, 08:59:28 AM »
yup^^^ literally same with the 34 waist....  i'm happy sizing up in other models but when i size up on 874s i can never get the fit im going for

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #1763 on: May 10, 2022, 06:43:43 PM »
After seeing some people talk about them, I grabbed the UNIQLO workers pants in denim. Really impressed so far. Super comfy. Medium baggy, if you want extra baggy go a size up.

Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #1764 on: May 10, 2022, 08:29:44 PM »
After seeing some people talk about them, I grabbed the UNIQLO workers pants in denim. Really impressed so far. Super comfy. Medium baggy, if you want extra baggy go a size up.

look real good, how thick is the denim on those?

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #1765 on: May 10, 2022, 10:54:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

look real good, how thick is the denim on those?

I would call medium, I have Cash Only & Volcom Louie's and both of those are thicker.

Oh, and they are a little stretchy

I made an average video if this is allowed > https://youtube.com/shorts/yc5pJEAqKmk?feature=share
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

JeremyScottofChapman

• Rep: -22
« Reply #1766 on: May 11, 2022, 06:05:57 AM »
These look so fucking good and am probably going to cop next payday:

https://ceebluesstore.com/?product=cee-blues-noyoke-pant-light-khaki-twill-2-2-2

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #1767 on: May 11, 2022, 07:27:44 AM »

truthislie

• Rep: 60
« Reply #1768 on: May 22, 2022, 02:51:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I ordered the polar railway chinos and they are almost too baggy for me. They feel really awesome so I ll still keep them.
[close]
I've been wondering how those pants are. Are they a similar material to the surf pants?
[close]

I d say a baggier fit than Surf pants and heavier material. The feel is similar to surf pants but the material feels thicker and nicer if that makes sense. Probably not as good for hot summer days though.

I just came back to say I ve worn them a few times and still think they are super comfy. However I m going to have them tailored a bit slimmer. I love baggy pants and only wear them to skate but I just have to admit: These railway chinos, even true to size, make me feel like a clown.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1769 on: May 22, 2022, 07:45:36 AM »
They really ramped up my balloon animal game nonetheless…..