Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3066886 times)

snowman600

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #38220 on: April 05, 2017, 12:25:58 AM »
1000  ;D

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38221 on: April 05, 2017, 09:37:35 PM »
just finished my taxes..going to get a nice chunk back
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #38222 on: April 06, 2017, 03:06:50 PM »
Talking to this girl from one of my classes. She seems nice and different from all the girls I've been talking to before
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #38223 on: April 08, 2017, 11:48:49 AM »
I was the reason for this without knowing...

Andrew Cannon is big metal fan (so am I), and a few months ago he posted this pic of an oathbreaker gig and I told him the guitarrist, Gilles, is a skater too, so he sent some boards to him. Pretty cool!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

colin

« Reply #38224 on: April 08, 2017, 12:43:35 PM »

Also on that note, if anyone feels so inclined to pitch a couple bucks to my Walk MS team this year it would be much appreciated!

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/DOOM-MS

I donated, dude!

Also, Eric's biggest set so far - 4 years, 4 stairs

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38225 on: April 08, 2017, 01:57:11 PM »
Expand Quote

Also on that note, if anyone feels so inclined to pitch a couple bucks to my Walk MS team this year it would be much appreciated!

[close]

I donated, dude!

Also, Eric's biggest set so far - 4 years, 4 stairs

big four/more like a six

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
« Reply #38226 on: April 08, 2017, 05:40:36 PM »
Well someone is seeing me for my full potential, two of my creations are being added to the spring menu, not some daily special. Plus Chef wants me to work on some summer flavors. One of the cooks at the other kitchen I work part time said I should Trade mark that shit. You know what? I'm just flattered someone is taking notice. So I been in my home kitchen trying to create and I'm falling flat. Rain stopped so I'm going on a mediation all alone skating session. Time to clear the mind...

RAPE HILLS

• Rep: -5
« Reply #38227 on: April 08, 2017, 07:10:00 PM »

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #38228 on: April 09, 2017, 03:38:11 AM »
Well someone is seeing me for my full potential, two of my creations are being added to the spring menu, not some daily special. Plus Chef wants me to work on some summer flavors. One of the cooks at the other kitchen I work part time said I should Trade mark that shit. You know what? I'm just flattered someone is taking notice. So I been in my home kitchen trying to create and I'm falling flat. Rain stopped so I'm going on a mediation all alone skating session. Time to clear the mind...

That's gotta be one of the best feelings working in a kitchen. Congrats!
Gentleman ninja warlock

little ones

« Reply #38229 on: April 09, 2017, 03:00:10 PM »
Spot searched since I got my sea legs back. Cruisin thru the hood in candy red sunfire lookin for that butter. Took that bitch off roadin, like where you gotta balance the dips, real redneck shit. Found 2 bandos, like from the 1800s, houses, filled with pickled foods.

And a abandon old ass psych hospital, aint no spots in it but the lights are always on and I can flatground at night. But that asbestos be killer.

Prob gonna cop a deck and trucks too cause I dont know how the fuck I skated my shit.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #38230 on: April 09, 2017, 05:46:27 PM »
went to best buy to buy some rca cables and decided to check out the open box car stereos while I was there.  I found a really nice Pioneer Nav unit that was marked down from $750 to $390, and decided on an impulse buy.  When I got it to the register, it rang up as only $130 for some reason.  The cashier didn't care about the mistake and let me walk with it. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #38231 on: April 09, 2017, 06:56:27 PM »
Stoked that Summer is almost here.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #38232 on: April 10, 2017, 02:18:26 AM »
Super stoked that at 37 yo my dislocated knee healed in a month! Re-learned poor man's bluntslides

Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #38233 on: April 10, 2017, 06:29:37 AM »
Super stoked that at 37 yo my dislocated knee healed in a month! Re-learned poor man's bluntslides

37 ρε μαλακα? Αιντα ρε σπαιρους.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #38234 on: April 10, 2017, 03:18:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My knowledge of Greek begins and ends with "ante gamisou". It means "we are happy to serve you", right?

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #38235 on: April 11, 2017, 12:02:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

My knowledge of Greek begins and ends with "ante gamisou". It means "we are happy to serve you", right?

haha, i guess malaka is another friendly one
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #38236 on: April 11, 2017, 09:41:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

haha, i guess malaka is another friendly one

I looked that up, very educational. Posting at SLAP is almost like getting a classical education. It's a shame that aren't any seminarian posters that could teach me how to swear in Latin, though. Brazil is getting a new Catholic saint pretty soon, a surfing seminarian who died on his board... imagine if the guy skated.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #38237 on: April 11, 2017, 03:00:22 PM »
i went out to go bike/skate at 8:40am and came back from the little trip at 1:50pm, feels good.

calvinsdream

« Reply #38238 on: April 11, 2017, 03:18:19 PM »
Got my head out of my ass and I'm going to start skating again. Getting better at Starcraft 2 aswell.

first slapper I've seen play starcraft

feel free to pm your id# if you ever want to play. I'm gold zerg.

Dos Mef

• Rep: 1
« Reply #38239 on: April 13, 2017, 02:43:28 AM »
I've been getting stoned at work for awhile now. Been stoked on that already but what got me especially stoked tonight (I work overnight) was being encouraged by my coworker to go get stoned because it's slow. We had never talked openly about what I'd been up to but old man Shaun is an OG and let me go to my car with no weirdness at all to just get extra stoney. Now I'm back in the office grinning ear to ear from my good friend Mr. Grandaddy Purp. My job isn't always horrible, fuck yeah stoked  :o

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38240 on: April 13, 2017, 08:18:18 AM »
the local morning radio show has their annual easter keg hunt tomorrow..they hide 98 (98kupd) kegs all over PHX and give clues on radio during their show..fun times

edit: don't even drink but incentive is one keg has $5000 tied to it
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 08:19:51 AM by straight »

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #38241 on: April 13, 2017, 09:02:10 PM »

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #38242 on: April 14, 2017, 04:15:15 AM »
My Mob grip is finally broken in without completely eating a new pair of shoes.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

little ones

« Reply #38243 on: April 14, 2017, 11:43:56 AM »
I have real life stuff to do and I can skateboard again

goodbye

Elderly Gentleman

• Rep: 4
« Reply #38244 on: April 14, 2017, 01:33:46 PM »
Everything about this is incredible, I really hope I get approved to take this drug ASAP.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/28/health/fda-drug-approved-multiple-sclerosis-ocrevus.html

It's been a longstanding fear that at any time my disease would overtake my body and take away my ability to skate (not that it hasn't already affected me already, I can barely make it longer than 20 minutes in the summer and my right foot is fucked). This new drug treatment is said to slow down the progression of the disease much better than previous treatments, and only needing to do an infusion once every 6 months is gonna be a breeze compared to past treatments I've had.

I'm pretty fuckin stoked pals!

I'm sorry that I'm just seeing this or I totally would've donated to your walk (and asked you to pitch a buck to mine too lol).  My wife has Primary Progressive MS too.  She was diagnosed almost two years ago (May).  She is super excited about the new drug.  She's been doing infusions every 6 months for a experimental drug usually used for Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma.  It costs $34,000 a year and since it's experimental for MS, it isn't covered by insurance.  If it wasn't for the National MS society, we'd be screwed!  We just had our walk last week here in Nashville.  We exceeded our team goal.  I hope you can keep skating as long as possible.  I'm 41 and I think my wife getting diagnosed made me really realize that you can't take it for granted.  Since then I try to skate when I can and just be more active in general.  When I go to the park to skate, she will come too and walk on the greenway nearby.    We joke that I'll probably be the one that ends up in a wheelchair and she'll have to take care of me! 
I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around.

"I'll just use my Zumiez rewards card".

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #38245 on: April 15, 2017, 10:39:44 AM »
Skated all day yesterday for the first time in a long time, got a few tricks and lines first try, was super stoked. Woke up pretty sore today but still pumped from yesterday, almost forgot how fun skating with your friends is

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #38246 on: April 15, 2017, 12:41:56 PM »
Skated for 5 hours with friends. Skated our usual curb a cop kicked us out but, was helpful and pointed out another spot. Went to a DIY and used random construction parts to mess around. That night went to a bar and ended up being the responsible sober person, shitty person I've been trying to dodge was there and we ended up alone. Got her food and just walked her home. Realized that person was trash but, I was the bigger person. Being an adult is alright sometimes.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #38247 on: April 15, 2017, 02:56:00 PM »
Wallied a car today. That felt nice

colin

« Reply #38248 on: April 15, 2017, 08:39:49 PM »

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #38249 on: April 17, 2017, 08:07:18 AM »
Every time i go on facebook and see the minute trailer for the last season of the leftovers is getting me stoked. The trailer is so well put together and im gonna probably re watch the first two seasons again