Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 237073 times)

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1440 on: November 04, 2021, 12:02:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Quasi just dropped their corduroy version of the utility pant. Can’t wait to get my hands on some. If anyone has a link hit a brotha up
[close]
good looks gonna wait for a sale to grab all of them lol

Their site Saturday according to their post

EDIT- For the impatient Orchard has them up now

Cords
https://orchardshop.com/collections/quasi/products/quasi-elliott-trouser-pant-dark-brown
https://orchardshop.com/collections/quasi/products/quasi-elliott-trouser-pant-clay

Utility
https://orchardshop.com/collections/quasi/products/quasi-utility-pant-black
https://orchardshop.com/collections/quasi/products/quasi-utility-pant-stone
https://orchardshop.com/collections/quasi/products/quasi-utility-pant-black-white
[close]
Dang these are looking real nice! I do wish they had a little wider of a leg opening though. I'm not the biggest fan of how lots of baggy pants taper a bunch.

Candied cigarettes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #1441 on: November 04, 2021, 12:19:42 PM »
Got the butter goods cord work pants in dusty plum and have nothing but good things to say. I typically get a 34 waste, I could have gone to a 32 with these. That said, the drawstring makes it not a problem at all. The material itself is super nice and I love the general fit. Just the right amount of taper.

Butter generally makes super good clothing from what I’ve experienced. I have the world pants (not quite as baggy as the cords) and those fit great too. I also have a Sherpa fleece that I like for when it gets cold.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1442 on: November 04, 2021, 12:39:20 PM »
Butter Goods stuff is so good. Got the dusty Plum cords as well, top notch.

Levi’s 541s in a bigger size are definitely a solid fit too. Less baggy but still loose with good taper and stacking. Kinda makes me think of like the Brent Atchley or Lewis Marnell. In a good way.

I also just got a pair of the Levi’s xx ez waist chino and they are super solid. I went up a size to xxl and they are nice and baggy with a solid taper. Built in drawstring and belt loops. Light and breathable but still feel strong. Want to maybe get another pair soon

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1018
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1443 on: November 05, 2021, 05:31:55 PM »

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #1444 on: November 05, 2021, 06:23:24 PM »
Damn I'm really out here buying 30 dollar pants. $80+ for a pair of pants sounds ridiculous to me. Can't even think of dropping that kind on money on some 93's. Might need to step my bands up.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 06:45:38 PM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1018
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1445 on: November 05, 2021, 06:35:52 PM »
Damn I'm really out here buying 30 dollar pants. $80+ for a pair of pants sounds ridiculous to me. Might need to step my bands up.

Nah man, you're good. I'm the same way when it comes to pants I skate in they're going to get trashed, potentially the first session so I'd rather not spend over $50 (unless they are volcom jeans, as they are the best stretch denim for skating hands down). Also, I don't give a fuck about streetwear culture or whatever the'gram is selling, but I'll drop coin on non-clothes I like. Fuck, I still find it hard to swallow spending $90 on skate shoes but if you sleep your size, int ath colorway you like is gone.

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1446 on: November 07, 2021, 09:47:24 PM »
anyone know the consensus on wearing boots with baggy jeans? looking to get some boots, thinking like combat boots or doc marten style, but i pretty much only wear dickies stay loose or levis 550s/560s and dont know if this would work or look absurd. was wondering if anyone has recs for how to wear them or fit pics, would love to hear it.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #1447 on: November 07, 2021, 10:21:11 PM »
anyone know the consensus on wearing boots with baggy jeans? looking to get some boots, thinking like combat boots or doc marten style, but i pretty much only wear dickies stay loose or levis 550s/560s and dont know if this would work or look absurd. was wondering if anyone has recs for how to wear them or fit pics, would love to hear it.

thanksgiving

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #1448 on: November 08, 2021, 12:18:32 AM »
thrift store anything 36 waist+

STAH

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1449 on: November 08, 2021, 12:52:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone skated the Louie Lopez Mens Tapered Denim Pant?
[close]

I've only skated the cords, but the fit should be similar/identical to the jeans. I enjoyed skating in them; they felt nice and roomy. The denim is a lot lighter/breathable than Polar 93's though if that helps

Did they actually fit like the tag size said? I bought the a pair of the Volcom billow jeans in a 36 and they were more like a 38 or a 40.
I'm normally a 36. I've noticed this with a few other brands too. All of the sudden I'm having to buy 34.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #1450 on: November 08, 2021, 05:58:16 AM »

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #1451 on: November 08, 2021, 06:31:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

kenjiro

« Reply #1452 on: November 08, 2021, 06:57:22 AM »
I used to be a guy who only got 30-40 dollar pairs of pants because they would get scuffed. They didn’t fit bad but they didn’t fit great.

I got a pair of surf pants and welcome pants and let me say, totally worth the price. In terms of materials and especially fit. Totally worth it.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 316
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #1453 on: November 08, 2021, 07:47:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I've only skated the cords, but the fit should be similar/identical to the jeans. I enjoyed skating in them; they felt nice and roomy. The denim is a lot lighter/breathable than Polar 93's though if that helps
[close]

Did they actually fit like the tag size said? I bought the a pair of the Volcom billow jeans in a 36 and they were more like a 38 or a 40.
I'm normally a 36. I've noticed this with a few other brands too. All of the sudden I'm having to buy 34.

I left a review on the previous page, but yes you are correct in that the fit does not match the tag size. I picked up the size 29 in both the Louie cords and denim. They both feel like a 31 in the waist.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • Get bent
« Reply #1454 on: November 08, 2021, 08:30:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It’s doable just blow em out, can’t have them laced up
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1455 on: November 08, 2021, 08:46:17 AM »
Anyone willing to post a pic of them wearing the Butter Goods cord work pants from their latest drop? Highly considering getting a pair of the dusty plum ones

STAH

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1456 on: November 08, 2021, 11:43:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I left a review on the previous page, but yes you are correct in that the fit does not match the tag size. I picked up the size 29 in both the Louie cords and denim. They both feel like a 31 in the waist.

ok good to know, thanks.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #1457 on: November 08, 2021, 12:26:57 PM »
Just got these for 50% off from GAP. Will let ya'll know the fit when they arrive but they seem decently baggy with a taper if you size up.

https://www.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?pid=736280033&cid=80799&pcid=80799&vid=1&cpos=5&cexp=318&kcid=CategoryIDs%3D80799&cvar=1906&ctype=Listing&cpid=res21110812813571342180283#pdp-page-content

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #1458 on: November 08, 2021, 12:45:05 PM »
That‘s the way to rock boots and baggies.

why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #1459 on: November 08, 2021, 12:52:53 PM »
Just got these for 50% off from GAP. Will let ya'll know the fit when they arrive but they seem decently baggy with a taper if you size up.

https://www.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?pid=736280033&cid=80799&pcid=80799&vid=1&cpos=5&cexp=318&kcid=CategoryIDs%3D80799&cvar=1906&ctype=Listing&cpid=res21110812813571342180283#pdp-page-content

i have these in the navy, an L would be my proper size but i went up to an XL and the waist is tremendous.  They have a dope drawstring so i can make them work but i have to tie them for sure.  they definitely have mad room, and seem excellent for the price

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1460 on: November 08, 2021, 01:18:05 PM »
From sale gear thread

Union Skates is doing 25% off pants until the 12th, just grabbed big boys for $90 shipped. The have a bunch of polar and butter, plus some theories

https://www.unionskates.com/shop/pants
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

fergus

• Rep: 46
« Reply #1461 on: November 08, 2021, 03:39:15 PM »
Anyone willing to post a pic of them wearing the Butter Goods cord work pants from their latest drop? Highly considering getting a pair of the dusty plum ones

Don’t have a picture of myself wearing them but I have a pair of 34’s and the fit is identical to the photo on this site

https://www.endclothing.com/row/butter-goods-high-wale-cord-work-pant-buttq3210084.html

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1462 on: November 08, 2021, 04:26:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i have these in the navy, an L would be my proper size but i went up to an XL and the waist is tremendous.  They have a dope drawstring so i can make them work but i have to tie them for sure.  they definitely have mad room, and seem excellent for the price

Dope! The site said I should be a M so I got the L. Hoping it’s baggy enough without feeling like I’m swimming in the waist

Do they hold up to skating?

shawngreg

« Reply #1463 on: November 09, 2021, 07:49:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Dope! The site said I should be a M so I got the L. Hoping it’s baggy enough without feeling like I’m swimming in the waist

i actually really liked skating in them, comfy roomy and felt like they looked cool haha.  i only had a lazy parking lot session and didnt take any gnarly spills but i approve for sure. it was about 50 degrees out when i went too and these kept me warm without sweating into them

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1464 on: November 09, 2021, 01:30:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

i actually really liked skating in them, comfy roomy and felt like they looked cool haha.  i only had a lazy parking lot session and didnt take any gnarly spills but i approve for sure. it was about 50 degrees out when i went too and these kept me warm without sweating into them

sick man, appreciate the info!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1465 on: November 09, 2021, 10:23:19 PM »
I got my stay loose Levi's tapered....I couldn't be happier.  I can handle a wider leg opening for pants but denim, the cuff can be too heavy and flap around.  I also won't tolerate sizing up too much.  With something like dickies I accept it but with most other brands....they should just figure it out. 

shawngreg

« Reply #1466 on: November 17, 2021, 06:23:33 AM »
i feel like i recall someone saying the newer polar denim fitting differently, can anyone confirm or deny that and potentially explain what might have changed? 

also, are the "pitch black" 93's actually pitch black?  lol  im looking for a pair of just super jet black pants

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1467 on: November 17, 2021, 06:31:02 AM »
i feel like i recall someone saying the newer polar denim fitting differently, can anyone confirm or deny that and potentially explain what might have changed? 

also, are the "pitch black" 93's actually pitch black?  lol  im looking for a pair of just super jet black pants

When I ordered the Blue/Black and Orange/Black from the summer run in my normal 30x30 they actually fit like a 30x30 which is smaller than how 93's usually fit. I returned and went up to 32x32 and they fit closer to my older 30x30.

However the newer yellow/black were back closer to older sizing and I grabbed those in 30x30

The pitch black are quite dark, they do fade a bit when washed. I recently re dyed mine to get them darker again

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1468 on: November 18, 2021, 03:29:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

When I ordered the Blue/Black and Orange/Black from the summer run in my normal 30x30 they actually fit like a 30x30 which is smaller than how 93's usually fit. I returned and went up to 32x32 and they fit closer to my older 30x30.

However the newer yellow/black were back closer to older sizing and I grabbed those in 30x30

The pitch black are quite dark, they do fade a bit when washed. I recently re dyed mine to get them darker again
What're using to dye denim black? I got a good deal on a pair of black Silvertabs but the eBay pics make them look pretty faded, and I wanted to look into dyeing them.

KushBush

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1469 on: November 18, 2021, 03:29:51 PM »
Not sure if this is the best thread but, does anyone have experience with dyeing pants? I want to dye my deep blue 93s black but do not want the dye to effect the yellow tag and pocket dude. Would this be possible?