Author Topic: Girl Deck Shapes  (Read 87226 times)

gaunting

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Girl Deck Shapes
« Reply #450 on: May 09, 2023, 07:07:32 AM »
I'm riding the Breanna shape, G045 right now after 4 or 5 G08's. It's a slightly shorter wheelbase w/ mellow OG concave. Works well w my short legs.
About to drop in on the 2 for $80 and try and grab another couple

this has got to be my favorite size/shape board ever. if I could take this shape, make the tail a hair longer, and lengthen the wheelbase to 14.1”, it would be perfect. 👌🏻
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

SlapMcKracken

• Rep: 92
« Reply #451 on: May 09, 2023, 02:03:04 PM »
How ling do you feel they last compared to bbs or ps stix?

Do they chip easier?

johnficenec

• Rep: -23
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #452 on: May 09, 2023, 04:36:04 PM »

Do they chip easier?

seconding this^

been on the twin board kick lately and started with Real, currently riding a Deathwise, but am probably gonna pull the trigger on a G096 this week. haven't rode a Crail board since 2008 so am very curious. cheers in advance for any anecdotes!

Phillyflared

• Rep: 40
« Reply #453 on: May 09, 2023, 08:18:15 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm riding the Breanna shape, G045 right now after 4 or 5 G08's. It's a slightly shorter wheelbase w/ mellow OG concave. Works well w my short legs.
[close]

this has got to be my favorite size/shape board ever. if I could take this shape, make the tail a hair longer, and lengthen the wheelbase to 14.1”, it would be perfect. 👌🏻
Hell yeah
Stoked you're on this one also. is breezy the only one riding this shape on crail?
what trucks do you have?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #454 on: May 09, 2023, 10:11:10 PM »
Wood is great, really stiff. There's a lot more flat after the bolts before the kicks so they feel longer to me than they are but honestly the shapes tend to be so different from one another it's hard to make a blanket statement.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #455 on: May 10, 2023, 12:10:02 AM »
Yes, loveseat on ace 55 low with REAL wood risers on 52mm wheels is my new love affair. I’ve been a transition skater primarily my whole life. So wide boards and long WB has been my ride for the past 24 years but for some reason as I’ve gotten older and I’ve found a new passion for low impact box skating, curbs and flat ground.
Loveseat will be on rotation in my quiver for the foreseeable future.
loveseat has perfect dimensions and my current one simply won’t die; it gets better the more I skate it! Really surprised at the durability of the wood

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #456 on: May 10, 2023, 05:50:48 AM »

Do they chip easier?

I find they chip less than BBS and generally stay stiffer longer (oo-err)... I've only very rarely had a bad chip on the top or bottom of the nose or tail... skate a lot of flatground and easily get 2-3 months out of a crail board, and even then they aren't super sogged out or anything.

I've skated maybe 15+ girl/choc decks in the past 3 years and wouldn't ride anything else now i'm hooked on a couple shapes, although I do like BBS i'd say crail wood isn't a step down by any means.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #457 on: May 10, 2023, 07:25:35 AM »
Expand Quote

Do they chip easier?
[close]

I find they chip less than BBS and generally stay stiffer longer (oo-err)... I've only very rarely had a bad chip on the top or bottom of the nose or tail... skate a lot of flatground and easily get 2-3 months out of a crail board, and even then they aren't super sogged out or anything.

I've skated maybe 15+ girl/choc decks in the past 3 years and wouldn't ride anything else now i'm hooked on a couple shapes, although I do like BBS i'd say crail wood isn't a step down by any means.

Crail boards last longer, and have good to great dimensions. I wish they were flatter.
I don’t like bbs boards.

I do like ps stix boards, by quite a margin, they are the best for me. But…so many caveats with those, and lots of bad qc. I’ve never had a mis-drilled crail board. I haven’t had a crail board delaminate in some seemingly nonsensical way, crail boards are really consistent in their shapes, ps boards are not.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
« Reply #458 on: May 10, 2023, 02:06:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Hell yeah
Stoked you're on this one also. is breezy the only one riding this shape on crail?
what trucks do you have?

I just got done riding one of her graphics on that shape, and I was riding venture forged 5.2 highs. but I’ve also rode that shape countless other times in Indy 139’s as well. stage 10 and 11
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #459 on: May 17, 2023, 06:39:57 AM »
Girl X Preduce

Grand Saber

• Rep: 6
« Reply #460 on: May 17, 2023, 10:12:02 AM »
Girl X Preduce

Damn I really hope we can buy those on the regular crailstore! Otherwise I might just have to buy from the shop itself

pops

• Rep: 256
« Reply #461 on: May 17, 2023, 11:10:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Yes, loveseat on ace 55 low with REAL wood risers on 52mm wheels is my new love affair. I’ve been a transition skater primarily my whole life. So wide boards and long WB has been my ride for the past 24 years but for some reason as I’ve gotten older and I’ve found a new passion for low impact box skating, curbs and flat ground.
Loveseat will be on rotation in my quiver for the foreseeable future.
[close]
loveseat has perfect dimensions and my current one simply won’t die; it gets better the more I skate it! Really surprised at the durability of the wood

I too have skated my Couch for a fairly long time, since last August. I only have had chance to skate once or twice a week but still. I love this board.

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #462 on: May 17, 2023, 04:33:57 PM »
Almost 0 g069's right now womp womp.  Hoping they get some soon, really hoping for a McCrank one but I think that's doubtful

Phillyflared

• Rep: 40
« Reply #463 on: May 18, 2023, 10:19:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Hell yeah
what trucks do you have?
[close]

I just got done riding one of her graphics on that shape, and I was riding venture forged 5.2 highs. but I’ve also rode that shape countless other times in Indy 139’s as well. stage 10 and 11
I'm just about to grab another one. Pretty stoked on the shape and Crail in general at the moment. I'm on Indy's and really liking the whole set up

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 470
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #464 on: May 31, 2023, 06:17:52 AM »
I had a G052 in mind but went with a G069 instead. First twin tail and first Crail board in a long time. The wood is crispy, paint is thick and still feels light. In regards to the twin tail experience I noticed that the tendency to use it in the same direction each time still exists. Since I am breaking in new trucks at the same time I made a conscious effort to skate it both ways on the first session to kind of break things in evenly. Aesthetically I like the look of the twin tail too.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #465 on: May 31, 2023, 07:29:18 AM »
I have been stocking up on decks and dammit I need to stop. Want an 069 and trying to find out what their absolute flattest shape is for the second

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #466 on: May 31, 2023, 08:11:36 AM »
G069 is the truth, sucks that here in CZ is hard to find. I'm extremely tempted on a loveseat, I feel it would work nicely with 55 AF1
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 03:22:42 AM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Doosh215

• Rep: 61
« Reply #467 on: June 13, 2023, 05:34:10 PM »
I bought a G052 because I wanted to try to step up to 8.25 for the first time after skating 8.0s for years, and it's definitely not 8.25. I measured it and it's barely 8.125, and closer to the tail it's 8. Maybe a good stepping stone though because I also got an Alien 8.25 and that feels big for me.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #468 on: June 13, 2023, 06:07:12 PM »
G069 is the truth, sucks that here in CZ is hard to find. I'm extremely tempted on a loveseat, I feel it would work nicely with 55 AF1

Bought it and even with high expectations was blown away. Definitely looking into a loveseat in the future too

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #469 on: June 14, 2023, 06:26:03 AM »
The loveseat is the greatest skateboard ever made. 8 in a row now and 12 on ice straight up will never skate another shape for the rest of my days as long as they make it.

I skate it on titanium 159’s and love it, lighter than all my homies 8.25-8.5’s with standard trucks. Have one on ace 55’s and it’s also good but heavier.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #470 on: June 14, 2023, 06:32:08 AM »
The loveseat is the greatest skateboard ever made. 8 in a row now and 12 on ice straight up will never skate another shape for the rest of my days as long as they make it.

I skate it on titanium 159’s and love it, lighter than all my homies 8.25-8.5’s with standard trucks. Have one on ace 55’s and it’s also good but heavier.

i’m glad i never got ti 159s. i’d still be riding them. 159s were my favorite indy, which never made sense to me because i’ve always skated best on 8”, or less trucks. i got 159s to ride on a huffer, but was then trying them on everything for a bit, including an 8.25 chico…anyways, loved them. very butch.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #471 on: June 14, 2023, 06:35:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bought it and even with high expectations was blown away. Definitely looking into a loveseat in the future too

I used to be an absolute devotee to the G027 but I think the G069 has overtaken it for me now as my favourite shape, I just wish they made a few more of them as they aren't as easy to stockpile as the 027.

boneless900

• Rep: 60
« Reply #472 on: June 14, 2023, 08:42:14 AM »

I'm on my second loveseat in a row (with AF-1 66s) and I'm really stoked on the shape/construction . I typically snap tails bc I'm heavy footed and just generally bad at skating, but after 3 months the loveseat has shown no signs of breakage after plenty of wonky landings.

The biggest thing I had to get used to was the wheelbase, but with so many fingers of flat the short wheelbase felt pretty manageable. I don't skate transition at all so I can't speak on that at all, but for my flat ground and curb skating it's been a revelation

SlapMcKracken

• Rep: 92
« Reply #473 on: June 18, 2023, 03:37:02 AM »
 Is crailtap wood lighter than bbs?
I have to say with light ventures it just feels too light to me. Landing tricks for example over a-frames just doesn’t feel satisfying right now.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #474 on: June 18, 2023, 05:40:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm on my second loveseat in a row (with AF-1 66s) and I'm really stoked on the shape/construction . I typically snap tails bc I'm heavy footed and just generally bad at skating, but after 3 months the loveseat has shown no signs of breakage after plenty of wonky landings.

The biggest thing I had to get used to was the wheelbase, but with so many fingers of flat the short wheelbase felt pretty manageable. I don't skate transition at all so I can't speak on that at all, but for my flat ground and curb skating it's been a revelation
pics of it set up w af1 66? The short wb worries me too but someone w those same trucks, and non transition skating, you peaked my interested.

pops

• Rep: 256
« Reply #475 on: June 18, 2023, 07:18:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Would be stoked to try the loveseat someday. 66s sound crazy on loveseat. I have 60s on my couch with conical fulls and it's a blast.  :) I believe the 60s would fit loveseat as well.

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #476 on: June 18, 2023, 08:47:55 AM »
I have to say with light ventures it just feels too light to me. Landing tricks for example over a-frames just doesn’t feel satisfying right now.
I haven't weighted it but it definitely feels lighter and i like it.
I am currently on g045 and after 1 month of sk8ing i love it. In the begining the tail was steeper, but now is just perfect in combination with thunder 147 and spits 50 (that were 54 when new last year).
Yesterday i bought g021 coz i think the shorter and slimmer deck will give me some more play in the flip game. The deck is from the fall of 2021 but it was super cheap. The graphic is shit, but i like Niels a lot so will slide the shit out of this paint. The kick are steep again (22 tail, 21 nose(, even 1 degree steeper than the g045 when new, but i know that after 3 weeks it is gonna be just perfect. There is another g021 on sale from the spring of 2021 and i am super tempted to get it too, but i have 2 other decks waiting in line and dont know if it is good idea to collect too much old wood. Anyways, Crail is doing a good job right now and i am a fan.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #477 on: June 18, 2023, 10:14:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I am currently on g045 and after 1 month of sk8ing i love it. In the begining the tail was steeper, but now is just perfect in combination with thunder 147 and spits 50 (that were 54 when new last year).
Yesterday i bought g021 coz i think the shorter and slimmer deck will give me some more play in the flip game. The deck is from the fall of 2021 but it was super cheap. The graphic is shit, but i like Niels a lot so will slide the shit out of this paint. The kick are steep again (22 tail, 21 nose(, even 1 degree steeper than the g045 when new, but i know that after 3 weeks it is gonna be just perfect. There is another g021 on sale from the spring of 2021 and i am super tempted to get it too, but i have 2 other decks waiting in line and dont know if it is good idea to collect too much old wood. Anyways, Crail is doing a good job right now and i am a fan.

I agree. Current Girl wood (no pun intended but still haha) is really good.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #478 on: June 18, 2023, 10:32:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don’t have two size equivalent boards to weigh, but I’m skating an 8” BBS deck with Indys and an 8.25” Chocolate twin tail with Ventures and the BBS setup feels a fair bit heavier, despite the Indy’s being hollow lights and narrower.

boneless900

• Rep: 60
« Reply #479 on: June 18, 2023, 10:45:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
pics of it set up w af1 66? The short wb worries me too but someone w those same trucks, and non transition skating, you peaked my interested.

The image is really fried, but the af1 66s fit well for me. The trucks look better with v1 or classic shape wheels imo but I'm on the v6 bc they're the only bones x97s I have.

I think it's about 8.5 over the back truck and 8.75 over the front. Learned slappy crooks and squeaked out a few fs slappy crooks on this setup. It definitely has a serious heft when holding it in your hand but under your feet its stable, turny and (with 1/8" risers) the pop is manageable. It took me a while to get used to the timing since it was a lot quicker of a pop, but adding risers felt really beneficial to give me more time and lift the board up a bit higher.