Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 547047 times)

sexhaver2006

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #1080 on: April 26, 2020, 11:30:06 PM »
Sorry if this has been answered before but has anyone tried Thunders with the Dane 1 9.75 board? I really want it but was hoping i could rock thunders to lengthen the wheel base a tad.

Do the 151s or 161s work better?

Is there another wheelbase-lengthening truck. I should look into?

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #1081 on: April 27, 2020, 01:12:41 AM »
Sorry if this has been answered before but has anyone tried Thunders with the Dane 1 9.75 board? I really want it but was hoping i could rock thunders to lengthen the wheel base a tad.

I am sure they would all work well.
The Dane1 is pretty versatile when it comes to trucks.

PMA

Jory4

• Rep: 106
« Reply #1082 on: April 27, 2020, 02:46:26 AM »

I rode my Dane 1 with 151’s and just set it back up yesterday for a parts bin covid cruiser, I’ll sort you a pic later.

151 work fine with wide wheels, slight magic carpet on the front truck but nothing you notice when your skating.

Wheelbase ends up Similar to a 14.25 on indys

Nittio

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1083 on: April 27, 2020, 04:34:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I rode my Dane 1 with 151’s and just set it back up yesterday for a parts bin covid cruiser, I’ll sort you a pic later.

151 work fine with wide wheels, slight magic carpet on the front truck but nothing you notice when your skating.

Wheelbase ends up Similar to a 14.25 on indys

Yup, Thunder 151 works fine, I tried to put Ace 55’s on the Dane but it was awful. I like a pretty short wheelbase, but with that heavy tail it just didn’t work.

I find the Thunders and Aces turn pretty much in the same way, strange because they are so far apart looking at the geometry of the trucks.

Jory4

« Reply #1084 on: April 27, 2020, 04:56:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I am sure they would all work well.
The Dane1 is pretty versatile when it comes to trucks.

Here you go.....

Wheels on that pic are 53 (I think) ricta clouds. When i skated it originally it worked great with the thunders and some speedlab conical full style wheels, I think they were called hammers but they were similar to their nomad shape. I tried it afterwards with some mini logo 8.75 trucks I inherited. They shorten the wheelbase like ace would and it felt pretty squirrelly.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1085 on: April 27, 2020, 03:48:32 PM »
This has become the Dane1 thread. I’d never seen one so it’s a good public service announcement.

I’d reckon there’d be some Tired shapes that would go down well here

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1086 on: April 27, 2020, 04:20:21 PM »
This has become the Dane1 thread. I’d never seen one so it’s a good public service announcement.

I’d reckon there’d be some Tired shapes that would go down well here
yeah firebert’s tired is sick.
Just wish the Dane 1 had a little more length/wb.

Onevia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #1087 on: April 27, 2020, 05:01:21 PM »
Dane 1 with 1991 length/ wb would be sick.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1088 on: April 27, 2020, 06:37:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Dane 1 with 1991 length/ wb would be sick.
been waiting for polar to introduce new shapes and that idea would be money
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

uptherecazaly

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1089 on: April 27, 2020, 06:45:30 PM »
Hello, I just made an instagram account:

plus_size_skateboards

because I think it's a more convenient platform for this topic. Inspired by this thread / the groovedtrucks instagram page.

If you'd like your board shared please DM pictures and a little description about what you're riding.

Also if this already exists please let me know.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1090 on: April 27, 2020, 10:25:25 PM »
anyone try the loveseat shape? just spent 30 minutes on the crail website comparing it to the couch shape and im struggling to choose.
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #1091 on: April 27, 2020, 10:55:47 PM »
anyone try the loveseat shape? just spent 30 minutes on the crail website comparing it to the couch shape and im struggling to choose.

Loveseat the one I want, get it and review it.
Thanks.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
« Reply #1092 on: April 27, 2020, 11:19:10 PM »

Specs taken from Tactics

Couch:
WIDTH (IN): 9.25
LENGTH (IN): 32.0
WHEELBASE (IN): 13.875
NOSE (IN): 7.125
TAIL (IN): 6.8
CONCAVE (IN): .563

Loveseat:
WIDTH (IN): 9.0
LENGTH (IN): 32.0
WHEELBASE (IN): 13.875
NOSE (IN): 7.125
TAIL (IN): 6.8
CONCAVE (IN): .5

Based on these the only difference is the Loveseat is 0.25" skinnier than the Couch.

Kevve

• Rep: 12
« Reply #1093 on: April 28, 2020, 04:07:45 AM »
Many polar Boards here.. Just ordered one myself, will the WB be way to small with indys? Im 6"4" and dont know what to expect.

Im on a 14.5" WB x 32" right now and it feels too long.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1094 on: April 28, 2020, 04:51:20 AM »
Many polar Boards here.. Just ordered one myself, will the WB be way to small with indys? Im 6"4" and dont know what to expect.

Im on a 14.5" WB x 32" right now and it feels too long.
whag did you order? The dane1?

Kevve

• Rep: 12
« Reply #1095 on: April 28, 2020, 04:53:35 AM »
whag did you order? The dane1?

A regular shape, 8.25. But i noticed they had the same WB

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1096 on: April 28, 2020, 06:35:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks.

I just ordered on on Friday, should be here later this week. I'll post pics and review it and stuff.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1097 on: April 28, 2020, 07:36:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks.
[close]

I just ordered on on Friday, should be here later this week. I'll post pics and review it and stuff.

Yeah that thing looks hot.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1098 on: April 28, 2020, 07:52:03 AM »
Looking for something 9.75-10.5 wide, 30-31.5 long 80’s/90’s shape with Steep concave and kicks for when money frees up. Any suggestions?

Already skated Scram Fink, ZIP Zogger and Dane 1

Jory4

« Reply #1099 on: April 28, 2020, 08:04:41 AM »
Looking for something 9.75-10.5 wide, 30-31.5 long 80’s/90’s shape with Steep concave and kicks for when money frees up. Any suggestions?

http://www.blastskates.com/store/p114/10%22_APPLE.html

Not sure where you are or what shipping would be like but Blast have nice wood and are a cool underground Brit company.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1100 on: April 28, 2020, 08:05:34 AM »

How’d you like those!? The Zogger and Fink haven’t been talked about as much.
What trucks do you use?
I started skating in the 80s and have a huge spot in my emotions for those shapes. I’ll randomly search for zorlac boards, stared at a Cab dragon for way too long the other day.
I skated a friends Natas reissue awhile back and loved it, it had a rare graphic, that looks more like doodles, was too shy to ask how it was setup but it kickflipped like a skateboard should.
On the other side I had Nolan’s scram board that was made by Assault, and although everything was super dope about the buying experience from Scram (like beyond cool actually), I could not skate that board for shit. Like at all. An ollie was disgusting and dead feeling.
Lots of the Santa Cruz reissue boards look cool and really flat.
Sorry for the wall of gibberish. A semi functional, in terms of riding through the street, ollie, kickflip, 80’s shape is always tops on my list of wants, especially when I’m not skating often, and even more so in these trying times where I’m regressing towards childhood, mentally, at a rapid rate.

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #1101 on: April 28, 2020, 08:38:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not sure where you are or what shipping would be like but Blast have nice wood and are a cool underground Brit company.

I’ve seen them on Instagram and love their shapes! I’m in the US but I’ll see what shipping is like, thanks!

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1102 on: April 28, 2020, 08:43:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I’ve seen them on Instagram and love their shapes! I’m in the US but I’ll see what shipping is like, thanks!

If you order from them, please let us know what shipping is like. I was eyeing up their Banana football shape a while ago.

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #1103 on: April 28, 2020, 08:56:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What trucks do you use?
I started skating in the 80s and have a huge spot in my emotions for those shapes. I’ll randomly search for zorlac boards, stared at a Cab dragon for way too long the other day.
I skated a friends Natas reissue awhile back and loved it, it had a rare graphic, that looks more like doodles, was too shy to ask how it was setup but it kickflipped like a skateboard should.
On the other side I had Nolan’s scram board that was made by Assault, and although everything was super dope about the buying experience from Scram (like beyond cool actually), I could not skate that board for shit. Like at all. An ollie was disgusting and dead feeling.
Sorry for the wall of gibberish. A semi functional, in terms of riding through the street, ollie, kickflip, 80’s shape is always tops on my list of wants, especially when I’m not skating often, and even more so in these trying times where I’m regressing towards childhood, mentally, at a rapid rate.

I love the Zogger and the Fink! Same, I started around 89/90 and I still have a soft spot for decks like the ones i saw the older kids riding back then. They both have medium concave and decent kicks and skate surprisingly well doing basic street stuff. I would love to ride that same shape but with more concave and slightly steeper kicks.  I just set up my Fink again a few days ago and have been having a blast on it. Originally I had Indy 169’s on both Zogger and Fink and they felt good on the Zogger (because of the short tail and no fingers of flat) but the Fink has a longer tail and a little bit of flat so it felt weird to me on Indy’s. I traded a buddy for some Venture 6.1’s and have been riding those on it for a few days which feel perfect on there. They actually turn pretty nicely, though not quite the same as Indy’s or Aces, but I like the stable feeling and they turn well enough.

I have a Santa Cruz Winkowski that I’ve skated a bunch and it’s just way too flat for me to enjoy the feel of. The Fink feels similar to that shape but with more medium concave and the tail angles normally whereas the Winkowski has an interesting double angled tail (Mellow tail from trucks to almost the end, then it kicks up again for the last two inches or so).

I’m riding NFG mfg 54mm “square” wheels on it for street and switching to Oj mini super juice when I want to cruise or when a spot is far away. I’ll post a pic in a bit.

I think the Zogger is my favorite out of all the shaped decks. That thing is inexplicably fun to ride, shape feels good on my feet and is functional enough to spend the day skating street on it without getting bored. I was worried they were discontinuing it because no one has any online or in shops, but Tactics looks like they have one coming soon which means they should hit shops again in the next few months.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 09:05:56 AM by Sundaynuggets »

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #1104 on: April 28, 2020, 08:57:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

If you order from them, please let us know what shipping is like. I was eyeing up their Banana football shape a while ago.

Will do!

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1105 on: April 28, 2020, 09:14:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

What trucks do you use?
[close]

I love the Zogger and the Fink! Same, I started around 89/90 and I still have a soft spot for decks like the ones i saw the older kids riding back then. They both have medium concave and decent kicks and skate surprisingly well doing basic street stuff. I would love to ride that same shape but with more concave and slightly steeper kicks.  I just set up my Fink again a few days ago and have been having a blast on it. Originally I had Indy 169’s on both Zogger and Fink and they felt good on the Zogger (because of the short tail and no fingers of flat) but the Fink has a longer tail and a little bit of flat so it felt weird to me on Indy’s. I traded a buddy for some Venture 6.1’s and have been riding those on it for a few days which feel perfect on there. They actually turn pretty nicely, though not quite the same as Indy’s or Aces, but I like the stable feeling and they turn well enough.

I have a Santa Cruz Winkowski that I’ve skated a bunch and it’s just way too flat for me to enjoy the feel of. The Fink feels similar to that shape but with more medium concave and the tail angles normally whereas the Winkowski has an interesting double angled tail (Mellow tail from trucks to almost the end, then it kicks up again for the last two inches or so).

I’m riding NFG mfg 54mm “square” wheels on it for street and switching to Oj mini super juice when I want to cruise or when a spot is far away. I’ll post a pic in a bit.

I think the Zogger is my favorite out of all the shaped decks. That thing is inexplicably fun to ride, shape feels good on my feet and is functional enough to spend the day skating street on it without getting bored. I was worried they were discontinuing it because no one has any online or in shops, but Tactics looks like they have one coming soon which means they should hit shops again in the next few months.

Thanks for the review(s)!

I have the suspicion that there is something proportionally off/unfamiliar about me setting up the 80s shape, with no risers and 54-56 wheels as opposed to the cellblock III and 60’s. There is some fit voodoo/angles I don’t understand.
Been trying not to fuck with Indy. But the 80s man. So stoked to hear venture worked decent.
The zogger looks super sick, didn’t want to roll the dice having to buy 9” trucks and so forth and then not like it.

Thanks again for the thoughtful response.

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #1106 on: April 28, 2020, 09:42:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

What trucks do you use?
[close]

[close]

I have the suspicion that there is something proportionally off/unfamiliar about me setting up the 80s shape, with no risers and 54-56 wheels as opposed to the cellblock III and 60’s. There is some fit voodoo/angles I don’t understand.
Been trying not to fuck with Indy. But the 80s man. So stoked to hear venture worked decent.
The zogger looks super sick, didn’t want to roll the dice having to buy 9” trucks and so forth and then not like it.

My pleasure, glad to help!

For sure, I originally had some 60mm spit Og classics and later 61mm Winkowski oj’s on those kinds of decks as smaller wheels didn’t look quite right, but on a whim started messing around with 53-55mm on the Fink and it actually feels awesome and doesn’t look too weird now that I’m used to it. I’m also riding my trucks a lot looser than I did last year (when I was riding 58-61mm on everything) and now the smaller wheels seem easier to manage with the loose trucks.

If you don’t want to mess with Indy’s the Zogger would probably go well with the bigger thunders. I still have my Zogger and Thunders so I’ll set it up this week and let you know how it feels

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1107 on: April 28, 2020, 10:00:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

What trucks do you use?
[close]

[close]

[close]

My pleasure, glad to help!

For sure, I originally had some 60mm spit Og classics and later 61mm Winkowski oj’s on those kinds of decks as smaller wheels didn’t look quite right, but on a whim started messing around with 53-55mm on the Fink and it actually feels awesome and doesn’t look too weird now that I’m used to it. I’m also riding my trucks a lot looser than I did last year (when I was riding 58-61mm on everything) and now the smaller wheels seem easier to manage with the loose trucks.

If you don’t want to mess with Indy’s the Zogger would probably go well with the bigger thunders. I still have my Zogger and Thunders so I’ll set it up this week and let you know how it feels

I was looking at getting the 161s for just such an experiment, so that’d be dope. I feel like I can pop the way I want on thunders.

yawnings

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1108 on: April 28, 2020, 11:31:30 AM »

just started riding this 8.8 blank and want to go bigger

indy 149s + bones
spit tablet 53s

animalflesh

« Reply #1109 on: April 28, 2020, 11:35:23 AM »
That ain’t no 9+ but I do like your dog collage