Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 547101 times)

animalflesh

Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #5820 on: October 19, 2023, 12:27:15 PM »
Bought two of these decks without even seeing it in person cause I knew it would be perfect, and it is

Fixer 9.88 (14.65 WB)
169 with crazy mixed up bushings
58 97 CF
Swiss
1/8 riser
WD hardware
Rib bones
Jessup

Daydream

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #5821 on: October 19, 2023, 07:40:10 PM »
Oh hell yea

And_so_it_goes22

• Rep: 26
« Reply #5822 on: October 19, 2023, 09:22:51 PM »
These dropped today and look pretty sick.  BBS wood, cool retro eggish shape, wheel wells and iconic art. 

https://blockheadskateboards.com/collections/featured-goods/products/rick-howard-skunk-modern?variant=46948222599472

Already sold out.   Never mind, I guess.

I have a pink one on the way, pretty hyped.  I was initially going to re-drill the front truck for a shorter WB and a little bit of a longer nose. But I guess that would defeat the point of the wheel wells. 

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #5823 on: October 19, 2023, 10:20:30 PM »
Expand Quote
These dropped today and look pretty sick.  BBS wood, cool retro eggish shape, wheel wells and iconic art. 

https://blockheadskateboards.com/collections/featured-goods/products/rick-howard-skunk-modern?variant=46948222599472
[close]

I have a pink one on the way, pretty hyped.  I was initially going to re-drill the front truck for a shorter WB and a little bit of a longer nose. But I guess that would defeat the point of the wheel wells.
Damn didn't expect those to be that hot a ticket. I was gonna run Ace 66s on it to tame the biggish wb. Measured the back bolts with the online tool and everything. I wonder if they will show up in any shops?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

And_so_it_goes22

• Rep: 26
« Reply #5824 on: October 20, 2023, 12:04:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Damn didn't expect those to be that hot a ticket. I was gonna run Ace 66s on it to tame the biggish wb. Measured the back bolts with the online tool and everything. I wonder if they will show up in any shops?

What what did you come up with as far as width over the back truck? I’ve been thinking about what trucks it’ll get. 

And at this point I’m pretty committed to redrilling it 3/8” with a Chems.  I know I’ll lose the benefit of the front wheel wells but the revised specs will work better for me. 

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #5825 on: October 20, 2023, 12:57:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

What what did you come up with as far as width over the back truck? I’ve been thinking about what trucks it’ll get. 

And at this point I’m pretty committed to redrilling it 3/8” with a Chems.  I know I’ll lose the benefit of the front wheel wells but the revised specs will work better for me.
I got 8.80 so I figured just less than a quarter inch of axle is pretty normal. AF1 60s would probably set it up to be pretty flippy and still bring the wheelbase in overall. I didn't remeasure the front but I think I remember it being 9.125 or so it would magic carpet a decent amount.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

The.Skate.Father

• Rep: 42
« Reply #5826 on: October 23, 2023, 10:37:08 PM »
Wanted a welcome sloth since I started skating again, and got it in my fave colours.
Set this up a few days ago.
Welcome bowline 9.5 x 14.5 x 33
Stage 4 166
Superjuice
Loving this setup, wanna try it with some harder wheels soon.

Just call me Daddy.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #5827 on: October 24, 2023, 07:44:19 PM »
Wanted a welcome sloth since I started skating again, and got it in my fave colours.
Stage 4 166
Superjuice

Nice one.. How's the superjuice holding up?

sbr

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #5828 on: October 25, 2023, 10:59:49 AM »

• Krooked Bird Beamer II 10.75"x34" WB 16.12"
  • Jessup Ultra
  • Ace AF1 80's
  • Ace 1" Allen
  • Ace 1/8" Risers
  • Bones Swiss
  • Spitfire F4 Gonz Conical Full 99a 58's
Small man, big board...
IG: s.b.r_

dstrytruitt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 111
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5829 on: October 25, 2023, 11:15:42 AM »

• Jessup Ultra
  • Ace AF1 80's
  • Ace 1" Allen
  • Ace 1/8" Risers
  • Bones Swiss

So so good!

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5830 on: October 25, 2023, 11:26:11 AM »
ace 80s look so much more proportional than the rest
215s and 181s look wonky for their size
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

The.Skate.Father

• Rep: 42
« Reply #5831 on: October 26, 2023, 02:33:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Stage 4 166
Superjuice

[close]

Nice one.. How's the superjuice holding up?

Good after I cut them down to 55.
I tried the keyframes but they were to hard for our roads. Been racking up the miles on her now. Such a good setup. I love the stage 4 indys too, the bushings are perfect coming off my ventures.
Just call me Daddy.

sbr

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #5832 on: October 26, 2023, 04:11:01 AM »
ace 80s look so much more proportional than the rest
215s and 181s look wonky for their size

I agree. I'll also say that on my last Beamer I was running newer 215's and I could not for the life of me get them to feel "right". They would not feel surfy enough, even with RipTide cups and trying a ton of different bushing variations. The 80's serve a longer wheelbase much better in my opinion. You still feel the added length of the longer WB drilling, but they keep the responsiveness you get out of an Ace truck.
Small man, big board...
IG: s.b.r_

djoekr

• Rep: 313
« Reply #5833 on: October 26, 2023, 07:35:48 AM »
Expand Quote

• Jessup Ultra
  • Ace AF1 80's
  • Ace 1" Allen
  • Ace 1/8" Risers
  • Bones Swiss
[close]

So so good!

The local told me they had two guys who always buy their stock of Beamers, but I could buy one if either one of them doesn't want to buy this drop or the importer offers to order more of them. Chances are slim, very slim, but I still got hope to finally get a Beamer.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

KILLEDTHEPOOL

• Rep: 17
  • I'm not a player I just throw up a lot.
« Reply #5834 on: October 28, 2023, 12:37:41 AM »
upload images
Still haven't figured out how to upload images correctly, but here's one of my earth skiis
Scram 10.5
169s
G Bones
Swiss 6
DIY Cellblocks (my own rendition of Bellyful's "Bellyblocks")
Some plastic and griptape
Ⓐ//Ⓔskate fast or d̶o̶n̶t̶ DIE!

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #5835 on: October 28, 2023, 06:34:50 AM »
This 10-inch Scram punk point has been sitting in my office for almost a year, waiting for something to get me off my ass and draw again. Its graphics were dogshit (too bad, because I really like the current drop!) so I sanded them off and painted it black.

Turns out, the inspiration I needed was watching one too many fathers pulling their children’s bodies out from under bombed buildings.

So what I plan to do is just ride it with Ace 9.5s and 97a Spits, and like a hand wiping away a mandala made of sand, scrape Bibi’s fucking mug off the bottom of this board.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

KILLEDTHEPOOL

« Reply #5836 on: November 04, 2023, 04:49:10 AM »
This 10-inch Scram punk point has been sitting in my office for almost a year, waiting for something to get me off my ass and draw again. Its graphics were dogshit (too bad, because I really like the current drop!) so I sanded them off and painted it black.

Turns out, the inspiration I needed was watching one too many fathers pulling their children’s bodies out from under bombed buildings.

So what I plan to do is just ride it with Ace 9.5s and 97a Spits, and like a hand wiping away a mandala made of sand, scrape Bibi’s fucking mug off the bottom of this board.
Ha, was this the same graphic I just posted right above you? I like it good enough but then again I'm a total wierdo

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5837 on: November 04, 2023, 06:41:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Ha, was this the same graphic I just posted right above you? I like it good enough but then again I'm a total wierdo
Yes, it was!
I couldn’t fucking stand the graphics, haha.
It looked like Nolan or whoever phones the graphics in that drop. Which is a shame, became he most recent drop is really, REALLY good

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

KILLEDTHEPOOL

« Reply #5838 on: November 04, 2023, 06:56:31 AM »
 Yah the new ones do look sick, I dunno I guess I know the graphics will be destroyed soon anyway, so as long as it's got some color so it will look cool thrashed idgaf. The art you did over it is sick btw🤘

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #5839 on: November 04, 2023, 07:57:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Yes, it was!
It looked like Nolan or whoever phones the graphics in that drop. Which is a shame, became he most recent drop is really, REALLY good

this graphic is mega dope

i have sworn off shaped boards, but very early in my skate life i had an airborne (zorlac sister co), and then a bryce kanights (looked, from memory, like the sweatpants shape, sorta). anyways, whenever i’m doing really bad, i want to set up a shaped board and then push around. unfortunately i end up immediately just trying to nollie flip or something dumb and get bummed.
scram is the new zorlac

disclosed

• Rep: 183
« Reply #5840 on: November 04, 2023, 10:01:59 AM »
the graphic you did is sick @cucktard.

Scram graphics are generally just total fuck it attitude, a lot of them suck ass. but they have their diy charm at the same time.
the new drop has a ton of sick ones tho, loads or punk references. the new shapes are sick too. i love the trident noses. and theres so many like that now.

i love when they had the big ass full color top graphics. those reminded me of old department store boards. they stopped doing them for a long time and just had scram tags on top. but i think i saw a fiew again recently.

thing is i mostly skate street now. so scram decks are not really the best option there. weelbases are much too long for my taste.
still allways tempted to grab one, but theyre not for sale in mainland europe. and thats probably a good thing for me.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
« Reply #5841 on: November 04, 2023, 03:57:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Yes, it was!
[close]

this graphic is mega dope

i have sworn off shaped boards, but very early in my skate life i had an airborne (zorlac sister co), and then a bryce kanights (looked, from memory, like the sweatpants shape, sorta). anyways, whenever i’m doing really bad, i want to set up a shaped board and then push around. unfortunately i end up immediately just trying to nollie flip or something dumb and get bummed.
scram is the new zorlac

They’ve been offering a bunch of popsicles as well recently. Some smaller, some up to 10+, so there’s that.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5842 on: November 04, 2023, 08:00:29 PM »
Thank you guys for the kind words.

The wheelbase of of course long, but the concave on this board is really cozy

JimmyFive

• Rep: 58
« Reply #5843 on: November 04, 2023, 08:04:16 PM »
Stage 4 166
Superjuice

That's a sick shape. Would be amazing with wheel wells. I'll look out for them. At this point I'm set on Stage 4's over Ace and they fit this deck super well. I found Stage 4 166's max out at 9.75" - my new Scram is too much of a magic carpet which I'm bummed over.

JimmyFive

• Rep: 58
« Reply #5844 on: November 04, 2023, 08:13:14 PM »

This is SO SICK!!! And it really suits Scram's schitck. I wonder if they would do a run of them for fundraising..

Solidarity from NZ, you aren't the only one angry and in disbelief at the slaughter of innocents.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5845 on: November 05, 2023, 05:54:36 AM »
A quick update

OldGrayandMongo

• Rep: 10
« Reply #5846 on: November 05, 2023, 09:46:56 AM »

This is really REALLY good.  Skate co's should be hiring you, this is better than 90% of the shit they phone in these days.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5847 on: November 05, 2023, 04:21:26 PM »
If any industry people are lurking here, I’m for hire.

But let’s get back to the big boards. I realistically don’t know how much I’ll ride the Scram outside of big transition.

I’ve got some more big boys ready to go that I’ll share once my black widow is done.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 02:09:43 AM by cucktard »

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5848 on: November 06, 2023, 01:10:20 PM »
xpost from setup thread
but im back where i belong

polar 9.0 / 32.5 / 14.5
6.1 hollows
f4 radial fulls 56mm 99a -> 52mm
quantum atoms
bronze
jessup
nb# 1010
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #5849 on: November 06, 2023, 01:26:47 PM »
xpost from setup thread
but im back where i belong

polar 9.0 / 32.5 / 14.5
6.1 hollows
f4 radial fulls 56mm 99a -> 52mm
quantum atoms
bronze
jessup
nb# 1010

pov you have found your setup and are comfortable.
b01s are still the shit.