Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988054 times)

Seadramon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #4470 on: April 04, 2020, 09:34:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Yes my order came!!

First impression of the GT is positive. I'm definitely more of a dunkist. But its true to size. I'm definitely going to shred this shoe fast.
I think i give it 12 hrs of skating before I have a hole. One week for switch foot.

All I need is 30 days out of the sole. Time starts after the rain.
[close]

I want an update when you get a hole. For the ollie / wallie hole I’ve put cardboard in the inside and super glued it but I didn’t have that problem with any of my last three pairs. I skate my last pair for definitely over a month before the toe hole brewed

Edit: I wanted to post a pick of my last pair. They lasted longer than pairs I've had in the past I feel like they're getting better. It seems there quality has gone up since my first pair. They do feel like you'll run through them quick but they do last a longer than you'd expect.

Yuck - That swoosh is giving me anxiety. I like to throw super glue under the swoosh once the seams rip to keep it in place.

Here's my pair. I'm always easy on shoes. The flick hole started about a week in. I just fill it with super glue and life's good. Once that wears down just repeat.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4471 on: April 04, 2020, 09:38:43 PM »
Bought this 8.99 creature deck with money I should be holding onto..

Waxed a curb in my building's lot so this will be my at home slappy board.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #4472 on: April 05, 2020, 09:02:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yes my order came!!

First impression of the GT is positive. I'm definitely more of a dunkist. But its true to size. I'm definitely going to shred this shoe fast.
I think i give it 12 hrs of skating before I have a hole. One week for switch foot.

[close]

I want an update when you get a hole. For the ollie / wallie hole I’ve put cardboard in the inside and super glued it but I didn’t have that problem with any of my last three pairs. I skate my last pair for definitely over a month before the toe hole brewed

Edit: I wanted to post a pick of my last pair. They lasted longer than pairs I've had in the past I feel like they're getting better. It seems there quality has gone up since my first pair. They do feel like you'll run through them quick but they do last a longer than you'd expect.
[close]

Yuck - That swoosh is giving me anxiety. I like to throw super glue under the swoosh once the seams rip to keep it in place.

Here's my pair. I'm always easy on shoes. The flick hole started about a week in. I just fill it with super glue and life's good. Once that wears down just repeat.

I usually super glue but I’m really impressed that you’ve had these for a whole year. I also can’t believe their not even dirty and still cream colored. I spilled beer all over my pair immediately the first time I wore mine because I was wasted dancing to some middle schoolers dressed like wizards playing weezers blue album.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4473 on: April 05, 2020, 10:27:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yes my order came!!

[close]

[close]

[close]

I usually super glue but I’m really impressed that you’ve had these for a whole year. I also can’t believe their not even dirty and still cream colored. I spilled beer all over my pair immediately the first time I wore mine because I was wasted dancing to some middle schoolers dressed like wizards playing weezers blue album.

I just gave them a wash about 2 weeks ago! I think I'm developing some ocd as I get older..

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4474 on: April 05, 2020, 10:48:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yes my order came!!

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I just gave them a wash about 2 weeks ago! I think I'm developing some ocd as I get older..
How old if you don't mind me asking?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4475 on: April 05, 2020, 11:55:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yes my order came!!

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
How old if you don't mind me asking?

27 - plenty young just don't feel like it lol

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 470
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4476 on: April 06, 2020, 07:28:43 AM »
Bought this 8.99 creature deck with money I should be holding onto..

Waxed a curb in my building's lot so this will be my at home slappy board.

That shape looks super fun. Kind of a “punk point” nose? Post pics once you set it up!

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #4477 on: April 06, 2020, 09:00:32 AM »
Expand Quote

Really excited to get these in the mail and find out I hate blazers
[close]
Nobody can possibly hate blazers. Blazers mid are a.grest shoe alongside GTs.

Agreed

Rocko

• Rep: 39
« Reply #4478 on: April 06, 2020, 05:47:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yes my order came!!

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

How’d you wash them, seadramon?

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 333
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #4479 on: April 06, 2020, 06:12:40 PM »
Modus Titanium bearings. Could've just bought some Bones Swiss with the money I spent on bearings the last year but I always try and back smaller companies.

lazer69

• Rep: -96
« Reply #4480 on: April 06, 2020, 07:49:19 PM »

DC tiago S

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4481 on: April 06, 2020, 07:50:42 PM »

DC tiago S
I was eyeing that same colorway but I've already bought too much shit. How they feel?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4482 on: April 06, 2020, 08:02:45 PM »
Expand Quote

DC tiago S
[close]
I was eyeing that same colorway but I've already bought too much shit. How they feel?

Liking the colorway and Kalis Lite vibes.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

nonickname

• Rep: 86
« Reply #4483 on: April 06, 2020, 08:20:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

DC tiago S
[close]
[close]

Liking the colorway and Kalis Lite vibes.

Just got them in all white from that recent sale. Feels good, great heel lock and they aren't too narrow yet feel secure. Also just a great silhouette.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4484 on: April 06, 2020, 11:04:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yes my order came!!

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

How’d you wash them, seadramon?

A little bit of dawn and a damp rag - Nothing fancy. Leave em outside to air dry.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4485 on: April 07, 2020, 11:16:31 AM »
Cheap and free shipping, no brainer
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4486 on: April 07, 2020, 06:26:00 PM »
Cheap and free shipping, no brainer

Off the numbers website?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4487 on: April 07, 2020, 06:29:31 PM »
^ nope, from Chilean eBay sort of speak. Shape seems pretty in point.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #4488 on: April 07, 2020, 06:53:18 PM »

Just ordered these Spanky G6s from Civil Skateshop. I need new skate shoes soon and I figured I should support a legit shop and a brand I grew up on.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4489 on: April 07, 2020, 08:18:11 PM »

Just ordered these Spanky G6s from Civil Skateshop. I need new skate shoes soon and I figured I should support a legit shop and a brand I grew up on.
hell yeah! I want to try these so badly you just about convinced me. And civil is my local shop and are sick. Great choice on both accounts.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1307
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4490 on: April 08, 2020, 06:22:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
hell yeah! I want to try these so badly you just about convinced me. And civil is my local shop and are sick. Great choice on both accounts.
Untitled by , on Flickr
Skating these right now and its quickly becoming one of my favorites. My only complaint is that the laces go pretty quick. Wish this exact sole is used on all of emerica cupsoles.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #4491 on: April 08, 2020, 07:08:51 AM »

Been doing way too much boredom shopping the past two weeks. Also have the blue and black AAs on the way.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Escape Hell

• Rep: 26
« Reply #4492 on: April 08, 2020, 07:12:45 AM »
first set of colored wheels...
Got those in 55mm yesterday

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #4493 on: April 08, 2020, 09:47:02 AM »
Yapo?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4494 on: April 08, 2020, 01:57:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yapo?
Mercadolibre actually, they have 8.25 and 8.38 for 36k clp with grip and free shipping
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

fergus

• Rep: 46
« Reply #4495 on: April 08, 2020, 03:50:27 PM »

Been doing way too much boredom shopping the past two weeks. Also have the blue and black AAs on the way.

Sick! I've always loved the graphic of that Theories hat.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #4496 on: April 08, 2020, 04:07:56 PM »
Caved in and ordered the Enjoi rails with flints.

Also, I like that Quasi Mickey Mouse tee.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #4497 on: April 08, 2020, 04:33:45 PM »

Cant wait to set this up next week ❤

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #4498 on: April 08, 2020, 05:15:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Untitled by , on Flickr
Skating these right now and its quickly becoming one of my favorites. My only complaint is that the laces go pretty quick. Wish this exact sole is used on all of emerica cupsoles.
Damn now y'all got me even more excited for these shoes! I'll definitely report back once I got them

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4499 on: April 08, 2020, 09:25:44 PM »
Still some weeks for my bday but shipping time might get tricky in the future so the sooner the better probably.
I wanted to have Thunders to keep on ice, found some lights for a decent price and I added a Plan B blk ice board for a really good price + I wanted a PS board to spice up things a little bit. Free shipping on both things, always a big plus.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.