Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988038 times)

Paperclip20 and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #4860 on: June 11, 2020, 06:21:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Those are def stock photos
[close]

Oh haha, my mistake! Derp.

Stocks!

W8.25 x L31.75 x WB14.125"

thelonelynow

« Reply #4861 on: June 11, 2020, 06:25:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Stocks!

8.25 with wheel wells! I really want to get one of those! Please post if it cracks or anything earlier than a normal deck.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #4862 on: June 11, 2020, 06:29:01 PM »
Ordered a DOA 8.125 and some 50mm SF Classics from Library. I had to call today to ask a question and the guy that answered was a cool mf. I also ordered a Hockey 8.125 from the FA site on Sunday and that thing hasn't even been shipped, but with everything going on maybe they are f'd up. Hopefully not.

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4863 on: June 11, 2020, 07:21:35 PM »
Got some bronson raws in the mail today. Excited to see you boys in the regret thread in a couple weeks.
This is the best post I've read in a long time  ;D
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
« Reply #4864 on: June 11, 2020, 09:43:39 PM »
Expand Quote
DLX has been price gouging (I hope that's the correct term) and sending very little product to my local shop (where I like to do about 90% of my purchases) here in Japan since around last June (way before pandemic). The shop is actually considering dropping them completely since Sml, Bones and even Acid wheels are becoming more popular lately and Indy and Ace are taking over on the trucks side (at least this is the case in my prefecture). DLX brand decks have never been too popular here mostly because of the odd or terrible graphics. I prefer BBS or Crail and occasionally DSM wood so I skate a lot of Hook-Ups, Polar, Alien, Theories, Habitat and occasionally Girl and Enjoi boards. We just got some Hockey/FA in for the first time so I may purchase a couple of those since the shapes look cool. None of the other distributors (NHS/Dwindle/Theories/TumYeto/CrailTap/Hook-Ups (big anime tiddys)/Sovereign Sect for example) are charging them above and beyond the usual slightly higher than US prices we've gotten used to paying. Anyways, I usually ride Thunders but we've had none since last June so I've been riding Indy Titaniums since wearing out my last set of Thunders (they cracked right after I hit axle, sad day). I saw the Venture Titaniums in the shop the other day, and the prices, wow! So I left without buying and decided today that if they're still there (I didn't think they would be) then I'd purchase them. I haven't ridden Venture since the 1990's and all I can say from first observation is wow that baseplate is huge! Oh and wowee do I hate the color gold! Gonna need a very specific deck for these to work out and look good.

The Formula Fours are the shape/size I used to always ride but it's been over a year since I had them. I am completely satisfied with the Sml OG formula wheels but I wanted to try these out once again. I have way too many setups right now! As far as the weird gray color, one moment I think they look cool then the next I feel they may be the ugliest wheels I've ever seen. There's no happy medium. I'll see what they look like after being skated to make the final decision. I think I'm trending toward the latter opinion though...

Price for comparison: Venture 5.6 Titaniums - ¥13,500.00 About $125.00 US *gulp
                                  Indy 144 Titaniums - ¥9,000.00 About $85.00 US

Most Sml/Bones/Ojs - ¥5,500.00 About $50.00 US
                                  Spitfire Formula Fours - ¥8,500.00 About $80.00 US *double gulp with a bit of a puke burp!

So yeah, if DLX prices stay this way they will continue to get less popular here I feel especially since we are also in a recession now. I'm glad I discovered Sml wheels! I just don't know if I'm going to like any trucks more than I did Thunder. Indy are good all purpose trucks but something is missing for me riding them, just a certain feeling or something. I feel very fortunate to be able to choose different gear and not be affected by the recession as of now. I am also still able to eat ramen non-stop and pay for my Ninja School tuition (It's a joke)! I'm only 1/4 Japanese any ways (American Mom • Half Japanese/Belgian Dad), so they'd never accept my application!

I also two weeks ago got a set of Ace trucks to try out (I hope they don't sponsor the evil 1010 still, oh and we don't "all love him in Japan" that's a very small set of older skaters and notoriously racist bikers). I'm having a really hard time breaking in the Ace stock bushings. They're really mushy and stay stuck leaning one way or the other. I ride trucks moderately loose as well (kingpin nut is usually just barely flush with the top of the kingpin). They were so inexpensive though! Only ¥6,000.00 (About $55.00 US) so I'm hoping I will eventually like them since they seem to always be in stock and have a recession proof cost!

I hope I made the photos with the right dimensions!

I'm sorry I keep writing so much, I have too much free time right now being quarantined, yes many of us in most prefectures are still voluntarily staying home as much as possible. American news about Japan is always so far off from reality I've noticed. Imagine everyone assuming the entire US is just like NYC. That's what happens here except it's with Tokyo. I hope to get better at posting here in time. Please forgive me if I've wasted your time.

[close]
rare to see an anime avatar make such a readable, thought out post. have a gnar

Could it be because venture and thunder are made in the US so have higher tariffs and shipping cost?

A japanese distributor could order a production run of Indy,  straight from the factory at a discount (I assume of course they could, lots of other goods allow this, Indy still gets a cut) and that’s how they’re getting them to the shops at a lower price, I don’t know what the import tax is like from japan to China buts it’s gotta be cheaper than the US.

thelonelynow

« Reply #4865 on: June 12, 2020, 01:19:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
DLX has been price gouging (I hope that's the correct term) and sending very little product to my local shop (where I like to do about 90% of my purchases) here in Japan since around last June (way before pandemic). The shop is actually considering dropping them completely since Sml, Bones and even Acid wheels are becoming more popular lately and Indy and Ace are taking over on the trucks side (at least this is the case in my prefecture). DLX brand decks have never been too popular here mostly because of the odd or terrible graphics. I prefer BBS or Crail and occasionally DSM wood so I skate a lot of Hook-Ups, Polar, Alien, Theories, Habitat and occasionally Girl and Enjoi boards. We just got some Hockey/FA in for the first time so I may purchase a couple of those since the shapes look cool. None of the other distributors (NHS/Dwindle/Theories/TumYeto/CrailTap/Hook-Ups (big anime tiddys)/Sovereign Sect for example) are charging them above and beyond the usual slightly higher than US prices we've gotten used to paying. Anyways, I usually ride Thunders but we've had none since last June so I've been riding Indy Titaniums since wearing out my last set of Thunders (they cracked right after I hit axle, sad day). I saw the Venture Titaniums in the shop the other day, and the prices, wow! So I left without buying and decided today that if they're still there (I didn't think they would be) then I'd purchase them. I haven't ridden Venture since the 1990's and all I can say from first observation is wow that baseplate is huge! Oh and wowee do I hate the color gold! Gonna need a very specific deck for these to work out and look good.

The Formula Fours are the shape/size I used to always ride but it's been over a year since I had them. I am completely satisfied with the Sml OG formula wheels but I wanted to try these out once again. I have way too many setups right now! As far as the weird gray color, one moment I think they look cool then the next I feel they may be the ugliest wheels I've ever seen. There's no happy medium. I'll see what they look like after being skated to make the final decision. I think I'm trending toward the latter opinion though...

Spitfire Formula Fours - ¥8,500.00 About $80.00 US *double gulp with a bit of a puke burp!

So yeah, if DLX prices stay this way they will continue to get less popular here I feel especially since we are also in a recession now. I'm glad I discovered Sml wheels! I just don't know if I'm going to like any trucks more than I did Thunder. Indy are good all purpose trucks but something is missing for me riding them, just a certain feeling or something. I feel very fortunate to be able to choose different gear and not be affected by the recession as of now. I am also still able to eat ramen non-stop and pay for my Ninja School tuition (It's a joke)! I'm only 1/4 Japanese any ways (American Mom • Half Japanese/Belgian Dad), so they'd never accept my application!

I also two weeks ago got a set of Ace trucks to try out (I hope they don't sponsor the evil 1010 still, oh and we don't "all love him in Japan" that's a very small set of older skaters and notoriously racist bikers). I'm having a really hard time breaking in the Ace stock bushings. They're really mushy and stay stuck leaning one way or the other. I ride trucks moderately loose as well (kingpin nut is usually just barely flush with the top of the kingpin). They were so inexpensive though! Only ¥6,000.00 (About $55.00 US) so I'm hoping I will eventually like them since they seem to always be in stock and have a recession proof cost!

I'm sorry I keep writing so much, I have too much free time right now being quarantined, yes many of us in most prefectures are still voluntarily staying home as much as possible. American news about Japan is always so far off from reality I've noticed. Imagine everyone assuming the entire US is just like NYC. That's what happens here except it's with Tokyo. I hope to get better at posting here in time. Please forgive me if I've wasted your time.

[close]
[close]

Could it be because venture and thunder are made in the US so have higher tariffs and shipping cost?

A japanese distributor could order a production run of Indy,  straight from the factory at a discount (I assume of course they could, lots of other goods allow this, Indy still gets a cut) and that’s how they’re getting them to the shops at a lower price, I don’t know what the import tax is like from japan to China buts it’s gotta be cheaper than the US.

All NHS products come here from the US, same as DLX, there’s no short way to get Independent Trucks for example straight from the foundry in China. Some assortments of smaller brands come through smaller Japan based distribution but all US based brands originate from the US. Evisen, Strush Wheels and some other small Japanese brands that self-distribute would be the exception and are less expensive here. This is what the shop owner tells me. Same import policy applies to DLX as it would NHS. The DLX prices were raised by DLX on all their products not long after they had that Spitfire shortage start a year ago and prices never went back down. The shop has to charge a lot more to make the required profit percentage on their items. Since DLX brands have such a high reputation for quality in the US many here see it as arrogance, as if they believe their product is worth more. Seems to be having the opposite effect as they are losing popularity. When Hiroki Muraoka and a bunch of his crew as well as many Evisen skaters switched from Thunder to Indy not long ago I knew this sentiment was happening in more places than just my prefecture.

Oh and regarding Thunder and Venture. All forged base plates and hollow kingpins are manufactured and imported to the US from China Foundry and the metal alloys they require to manufacture the cast portions of the trucks at Ermico are sourced from China as well. This according to a DLX employee and also when certain products are imported here such as manufactured metals, origin of the metals used must be disclosed. We’ve known Indy, Thunder and Venture are mostly or completely products of China for a long time. When did you last see a Made In The USA claim on Thunders or Ventures product sku sticker? I think like 2013 or so is the last time I saw it on Thunders. It’s strange how secretive companies are allowed to be in the US. So perhaps the tariffs on aluminum Trump has enacted against China have lead to higher prices as well? I have no idea about that. Following the US regarding trade policy changes is too confusing these days. Maybe when trade policies aren’t so erratic and the pandemic hopefully ends then things will change.

Thunder is the only thing I really miss from DLX. I’m fine on Indy though now and perhaps I’ll begin to like the Aces as well. Only my second day trying the Ventures and not liking the feel or turn at all so far but I’ll wait until they are properly broke in to decide about them.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4866 on: June 12, 2020, 01:44:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

All NHS products come here from the US, same as DLX, there’s no short way to get Independent Trucks for example straight from the foundry in China. Some assortments of smaller brands come through smaller Japan based distribution but all US based brands originate from the US. Evisen, Strush Wheels and some other small Japanese brands that self-distribute would be the exception and are less expensive here. This is what the shop owner tells me. Same import policy applies to DLX as it would NHS. The DLX prices were raised by DLX on all their products not long after they had that Spitfire shortage start a year ago and prices never went back down. The shop has to charge a lot more to make the required profit percentage on their items. Since DLX brands have such a high reputation for quality in the US many here see it as arrogance, as if they believe their product is worth more. Seems to be having the opposite effect as they are losing popularity. When Hiroki Muraoka and a bunch of his crew as well as many Evisen skaters switched from Thunder to Indy not long ago I knew this sentiment was happening in more places than just my prefecture.

Oh and regarding Thunder and Venture. All forged base plates and hollow kingpins are manufactured and imported to the US from China Foundry and the metal alloys they require to manufacture the cast portions of the trucks at Ermico are sourced from China as well. This according to a DLX employee and also when certain products are imported here such as manufactured metals, origin of the metals used must be disclosed. We’ve known Indy, Thunder and Venture are mostly or completely products of China for a long time. When did you last see a Made In The USA claim on Thunders or Ventures product sku sticker? I think like 2013 or so is the last time I saw it on Thunders. It’s strange how secretive companies are allowed to be in the US. So perhaps the tariffs on aluminum Trump has enacted against China have lead to higher prices as well? I have no idea about that. Following the US regarding trade policy changes is too confusing these days. Maybe when trade policies aren’t so erratic and the pandemic hopefully ends then things will change.

Thunder is the only thing I really miss from DLX. I’m fine on Indy though now and perhaps I’ll begin to like the Aces as well. Only my second day trying the Ventures and not liking the feel or turn at all so far but I’ll wait until they are properly broke in to decide about them.

I'm not sure what the dominant online shopping platform is in Japan but Taobao and Aliexpress are really popular with the rest of Asia, Taobao especially if you can read Mandarin. I've seen loads of listing for Independent 139, 144 and 149 Hollows on Aliexpress, they are poured in China so I'm inclined to believe they are "less fake" if you catch my drift. There are also listings for Spitfire wheels in 100a (they only do 99a or 1010a) and are bright white instead of slightly yellow, so these are definitely suspect. Recently there have been Girl and Baker boards surfacing on these sites, probably old stock or just plain fakes.

If may want to check out the Independent trucks if you're willing to take the risk. I'm from Singapore and while the import taxes are lower they higher end trucks get expensive really quickly.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4867 on: June 12, 2020, 01:52:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Stocks!

be sure to break out the measuring tape. polar has fucked up on their listed dimensions every time i have checked myself
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

thelonelynow

« Reply #4868 on: June 12, 2020, 02:12:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm not sure what the dominant online shopping platform is in Japan but Taobao and Aliexpress are really popular with the rest of Asia, Taobao especially if you can read Mandarin. I've seen loads of listing for Independent 139, 144 and 149 Hollows on Aliexpress, they are poured in China so I'm inclined to believe they are "less fake" if you catch my drift. There are also listings for Spitfire wheels in 100a (they only do 99a or 1010a) and are bright white instead of slightly yellow, so these are definitely suspect. Recently there have been Girl and Baker boards surfacing on these sites, probably old stock or just plain fakes.

If may want to check out the Independent trucks if you're willing to take the risk. I'm from Singapore and while the import taxes are lower they higher end trucks get expensive really quickly.

I’ve not heard of those sites. Most skaters here purchase from local shops or other Japan shops online pages. I do some ordering online from the US via SOP Distribution for Acid Wheels, Theories of Atlantis and Jeremy Klein since they don’t charge a crazy amount for shipping here like most US sites do but I prefer to buy in person if at all possible. Independent Trucks aren’t too expensive or in short supply at all in the shop here. It’s the DLX ones (Thunder/Venture) that are. Thanks for the suggestion though!

MalHuis

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4869 on: June 12, 2020, 02:52:14 AM »
Not to completely derail the thread but down here in South Africa we also have seen constant price increases from American brands.

We have one shop here selling DLX goods when they get drops 2 times a year, maybe more but i've heard prices are currently through the roof so dont know if/when there will be another drop soon..

I did however grab myself some 148s and a real 8.25 on the previous drop so I'm good for now. Got some backup spits as well thanks to Slap some time ago.

Working in retail and distribution i've actually considered to start distributing some brands in africa but damn....Work....

LK1503

• Rep: 2
« Reply #4870 on: June 12, 2020, 10:14:47 AM »
A couple back up $lave pigs. I love this shape.
The one I'm riding might have some busted nanotubes.

Newbie here. I've been checking out that shape, why do you like it so much? What's the concave like?
Thanks  :)

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4871 on: June 12, 2020, 12:07:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Stocks!

[close]

8.25 with wheel wells! I really want to get one of those! Please post if it cracks or anything earlier than a normal deck.

Madness also makes some popsicles with wells, across all sizes (8, 8.125, 8.25 and up)!

I'll post back with anything wonky; I'm not in a hucking phase right now (other than a small 4 stair that I hit) so I doubt I'm going to snap it, but you never know.

cjt

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #4872 on: June 12, 2020, 01:12:12 PM »
Anyone ordered and received from Socal skate shop in the past couple weeks? Ive had a big order listed as processing for a bit and can't get anyone on the phone

sadnocomply

• Rep: 145
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4873 on: June 12, 2020, 03:35:00 PM »
Anyone ordered and received from Socal skate shop in the past couple weeks? Ive had a big order listed as processing for a bit and can't get anyone on the phone
damn that’s disappointing bro. I ordered like 3 weeks ago and it took like 10 days for my product to get to Texas so maybe they slackin

cjt

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #4874 on: June 12, 2020, 03:42:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
damn that’s disappointing bro. I ordered like 3 weeks ago and it took like 10 days for my product to get to Texas so maybe they slackin

damn im antsy, they called me a couple hours after this post to let me know it'll be out by Monday at latest! I'm stoked!

I'm spoiled by Amazon and stuff these days I suppose.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4875 on: June 12, 2020, 07:19:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Stocks!

[close]
be sure to break out the measuring tape. polar has fucked up on their listed dimensions every time i have checked myself

Wheelbase is actually 14.3 :-[ - I dipped on this because of the stated WB/Length, unless they are measuring from truck hole bottom edge versus center, then it lines up (typo length in my OG post, it's 31.875).

Oh well, have to see how it skates. Guess it's going to be Theeves or ML and not Venture..or maybe I'll hold out for the Mindys.

BBS/Gen (as the dot behind the polar sticker.

Kicks are mellow and long with a med concave.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 07:24:09 PM by Xen »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4876 on: June 12, 2020, 07:27:04 PM »
Yeah I always measure center of the truck hole. I dunno, assumption but maybe you’re right

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4877 on: June 13, 2020, 11:01:43 AM »
Yeah I always measure center of the truck hole. I dunno, assumption but maybe you’re right

This is how I've always measured  :-\  Even SPoT has it listed as 14.125"
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 11:04:14 AM by Xen »

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #4878 on: June 13, 2020, 10:19:53 PM »
Have been waiting months for these to drop on Nike's site (in Canada). Lost patience and decided to import them from the UK.

Not my picture

Schinken

• Rep: 67
« Reply #4879 on: June 14, 2020, 03:36:51 AM »
Couldn't resist. Creature 8.8";  15" wheelbase
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 03:40:05 AM by Schinken »

fergus

• Rep: 46
« Reply #4880 on: June 14, 2020, 05:54:50 AM »
Have been waiting months for these to drop on Nike's site (in Canada). Lost patience and decided to import them from the UK.

Not my picture

I'm in the exact same situation but in Australia

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #4881 on: June 14, 2020, 06:27:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

most sites go off of what the sticker says and rarely measure themselves
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #4882 on: June 14, 2020, 07:14:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ya’ll measuring center of one of the inner holes on the nose to center of one of the inner holes on the same side, on the tail? I’m assuming yes, that’s how I do it. 35th ave has different measurements than some companies, I think they measure their own way, and 35th has been accurate in my experience. The one big difference is that 35th ave measures tape pressed to the contour of the deck, which does make the most sense, but is different than how I’ve done it over my life. I have always done the tip to tip measurement. Width doesn’t get too affected by tip to tip vs tape pressed, but length does. I try to stay away from board that are >32” in length, tape pressed. I’m not quite sure how that converts. Lots of gibberish here, but if you are particular about measurements, try buying from them.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #4883 on: June 14, 2020, 11:43:55 AM »
Expand Quote

Not my picture

[close]

I'm in the exact same situation but in Australia

I'm already seeing inflated prices so I decided to just go for it. Honestly, I'd recommend the same.

I ordered from BSTN and was surprised that after conversion paid the same as I would've if I had ordered them from inside Canada (duties excl).

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #4884 on: June 14, 2020, 11:52:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Ya’ll measuring center of one of the inner holes on the nose to center of one of the inner holes on the same side, on the tail? I’m assuming yes, that’s how I do it. 35th ave has different measurements than some companies, I think they measure their own way, and 35th has been accurate in my experience. The one big difference is that 35th ave measures tape pressed to the contour of the deck, which does make the most sense, but is different than how I’ve done it over my life. I have always done the tip to tip measurement. Width doesn’t get too affected by tip to tip vs tape pressed, but length does. I try to stay away from board that are >32” in length, tape pressed. I’m not quite sure how that converts. Lots of gibberish here, but if you are particular about measurements, try buying from them.

Just measured my polar deck from the last drop and has exactly the same specs that the sticker.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #4885 on: June 14, 2020, 10:00:29 PM »
Just ordered a set of Ricta NRG Westgate wheels on Depop.
Used code stripes and got myself and my dad a set of Copa Nationale.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #4886 on: June 15, 2020, 03:45:46 AM »

Seems like PS is backed up from covid delays so Scumco had Pennswood whip up some old graphics on some of the crazy stains. The first batch sold out in 2 hours and the second was gone in under an hour. I had to go through a shop and thus pay retail price, but it was a newer local shop so I don't mind. Truth be told the print quality isn't great on the Abair deck, it seems like the registration was a little off so it's blurry up close but the stain is really nice.

KT deck is 8.38 and Abair is 8.5, both 14" wb silver spoon concave. Not sure if I'm going to skate either of them yet or just keep for the scumcollection.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #4887 on: June 15, 2020, 05:05:38 AM »

Seems like PS is backed up from covid delays so Scumco had Pennswood whip up some old graphics on some of the crazy stains. The first batch sold out in 2 hours and the second was gone in under an hour. I had to go through a shop and thus pay retail price, but it was a newer local shop so I don't mind. Truth be told the print quality isn't great on the Abair deck, it seems like the registration was a little off so it's blurry up close but the stain is really nice.

KT deck is 8.38 and Abair is 8.5, both 14" wb silver spoon concave. Not sure if I'm going to skate either of them yet or just keep for the scumcollection.

Both look great. Any idea why scumco isn't with pennswood for every release now? Was caught of guard when they moved to PS.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4888 on: June 15, 2020, 06:50:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Just measured my polar deck from the last drop and has exactly the same specs that the sticker.

It's 14.35 wb for sure, don't even want to skate it now (probably will but not for a bit).

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #4889 on: June 15, 2020, 07:12:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

It's 14.35 wb for sure, don't even want to skate it now (probably will but not for a bit).

That’s a bummer.
On the plus side, maybe some happy accident type shit happens and it works out.
You seem way more dialed than I, I’m just hurling parts at the wall and expecting a time-machine.
I’ve got more than a few boards that bare the marks of shame: multiple different trucks mounted. Parts bins with rubbish....all of these best laid plans. I haven’t ever figured out what works best, not one category has been settled. Wheels? 50-56 ish. Trucks? To many to list, but down to venture and ace, mostly. Boards? Nofuckingclue. I’ve got this one big board that’s a freak show: asymmetrical shape, not quite 33”, 14.75” wb. It doesn’t even look like a skateboard to me. I’m not saying I land on it every try, but that behemoth rotates the best treflips. Wtf.

Lots of blah blah per usual from me.
Hope it works out