Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988009 times)

NYRAD

Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #6630 on: May 30, 2021, 08:00:54 AM »
4 Sets of Oj elite Hardline 99a 54mm
1 Set OJ Nomads 95a 54mm
2 Sets Bronson Ceramics

« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 09:24:57 AM by NYRAD »

TheCrimsonShroud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 98
« Reply #6631 on: May 30, 2021, 09:15:36 AM »

This Creature snap back looked cool. I like pillbox hats. My old man used to wear the classic baseball hats like that. Also got some Indy 149 Hollows to try. Gonna put them on my 8.25 and 8.5 and see which feels better.

scrub74

• Rep: 22
« Reply #6632 on: May 30, 2021, 04:19:02 PM »

You bastard. I bought that Shin deck only to be told the next morning they didn’t have any left. I’m like 190-200 so my fat ass has been looking into wheel wells. I wound up having to pick another deck and got the Grund Notre Dame.

Loving the wheel wells and I'm sure you will too

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1179
  • old and in the way
« Reply #6633 on: May 30, 2021, 07:40:21 PM »

gamechangers
krooked keychain
stickers to reach free shipping
jessup that isnt black *gasps*

my feet, knees, and ankles have been shot lately, not enough stretching or water but its about time i invested in some insoles. the ones in my half year old dunks are cooked.

trying to not be so serious after a near death experience this week. figured id shake things up with my grip tape for the occasion. welcoming the change with a smile on my face

@off nice. I was looking at footprint insoles online last night and didn't pull the trigger because the sizing and specs are kind of vague but also except for there ODB's their aesthetics are such fucking garbage. I don't know if theres an official  insoles thread on Slap but please post about how those ODBs skate. I'm recovering from surgery and need to get some high quality thick insoles.

FUBAR

• Rep: 240
« Reply #6634 on: May 31, 2021, 05:27:28 AM »
Drove 45 mins one way to the local shop (my first time going there) 2 weeks ago for a set of those Darkroom wheels.
Got there and the sign on the door said “be back soon”. Killed a few minutes, nobody showed, and drove home, which took an hour. No purchase made.
Hopped on line yesterday and got them for $10 cheaper.
It’s not worth damn near 2 hours of my limited time to go back, ever.
Hope the wheels are rad.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6635 on: June 01, 2021, 10:09:02 AM »
I've been getting way too much stuff...
Blondey superstars (the dark transparent ones), 3st.004, Samba OG, Real Ishod twin tail, Parina (local brand) board, F4 99 52mm OG classics
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #6636 on: June 01, 2021, 01:38:39 PM »

polar 8.5. Interested to see how the wheel wells feel. I weigh about 145-150lbs, am riding 53mm PFC, Real wooden risers, and my wheel bite is digging so hard it's almost making wheel wells on standard decks ha ha ha never gonna tighten my trucks  :o

scumco ps stix8.5 (via SLAP pal) I don't know if/when I'm gonna set this up but it feels real nice as is. almost seems like the nose and tail are the same width, and I like that, a lot.

ah nice i like that kikagakaku moyo band too they good
good come sausage

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #6637 on: June 01, 2021, 02:09:59 PM »
149 Ti Indys

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1422
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6638 on: June 01, 2021, 02:17:16 PM »
Expand Quote

polar 8.5. Interested to see how the wheel wells feel. I weigh about 145-150lbs, am riding 53mm PFC, Real wooden risers, and my wheel bite is digging so hard it's almost making wheel wells on standard decks ha ha ha never gonna tighten my trucks  :o

scumco ps stix8.5 (via SLAP pal) I don't know if/when I'm gonna set this up but it feels real nice as is. almost seems like the nose and tail are the same width, and I like that, a lot.
[close]

ah nice i like that kikagakaku moyo band too they good

lol. my friend Jenny gave me that as a gift at the start of Covid. I think it was because I gave her a sweet early 90s Sony receiver. Ya, it's a good record.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
« Reply #6639 on: June 01, 2021, 08:18:33 PM »

Also a blank a friend is pressing as a 6 ply for a polarizer and some mini hot juice wheels for it.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #6640 on: June 02, 2021, 08:06:35 AM »
Also a blank a friend is pressing as a 6 ply for a polarizer and some mini hot juice wheels for it.

Really curious to know if you have any idea where the board was made, which woodshop as it is a bit of a mystery and although I haven't seen any with my own eyes, I have it listed as BBS up to 2019 and Watson woodshop since then.

Not seeing anything from the pics at all to identify it, did it have a "W" with American flag or Made in USA sticker or anything?

Not a worry if it is a dead end, or you don't know - they are usually fun big boards to ride though!

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #6641 on: June 02, 2021, 01:26:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Really curious to know if you have any idea where the board was made, which woodshop as it is a bit of a mystery and although I haven't seen any with my own eyes, I have it listed as BBS up to 2019 and Watson woodshop since then.

Not seeing anything from the pics at all to identify it, did it have a "W" with American flag or Made in USA sticker or anything?

Not a worry if it is a dead end, or you don't know - they are usually fun big boards to ride though!

If you're referring to the scram deck I'm pretty sure they're prime wood. Or at least that's what the popsicles were last time I looked at one which was a few months back.

I remember someone saying they were bbs at one point in the past but I don't recall anything about Watson unless they did like a small run of some one - off crazy old school shape, which is something Watson somewhat specializes in (they make some of the Sam Hitz limited editions, some of the special Toy machine decks like the Halloween boards, and I think burger uses them for their old school shape)

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #6642 on: June 02, 2021, 01:35:18 PM »

FA Ave 8.25

Ruckus 5.5 (on sale for $20). Listed as lows which is why i bought them but they look more like a mid. I'll have to measure when I get a chance.

Two sets of wheels that were on clearance from skate warehouse. The day after I placed the order they started a sale that took a further 20% off all clearance items. Was pretty annoyed about that.

Satori conical 52mm 101a

and

Bones STF 103A herpe boy wheels. Never skated the stf 103a and I've been curious about the V2 shape for a while, it's kind of the bones equivalent to tablets. They were on sale for $23 (assuming because Yonnie got canceled) and I needed to get to the free shipping threshold so I figured I'd give them a shot.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #6643 on: June 02, 2021, 04:01:54 PM »

FA Ave 8.25

Ruckus 5.5 (on sale for $20). Listed as lows which is why i bought them but they look more like a mid. I'll have to measure when I get a chance.

Two sets of wheels that were on clearance from skate warehouse. The day after I placed the order they started a sale that took a further 20% off all clearance items. Was pretty annoyed about that.

Satori conical 52mm 101a

and

Bones STF 103A herpe boy wheels. Never skated the stf 103a and I've been curious about the V2 shape for a while, it's kind of the bones equivalent to tablets. They were on sale for $23 (assuming because Yonnie got canceled) and I needed to get to the free shipping threshold so I figured I'd give them a shot.

I bought a few things right before the MDW sale and feel kinda burned. I should’ve gotten some bones to try over the weekend but didn’t and feel doubly dumb for that. Let us know how they are though.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
« Reply #6644 on: June 02, 2021, 05:24:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Scram? I’m 90+% sure it’s BBS. Same wood that they’ve had since Nolan started selling out of shops. There were 2 exceptions though, the first and second Assault X Scram decks were Watson made.
I hoarded a bunch of the 9” shovels after Scram stopped making them. Then I found out that 35th Ave had the same deck as a shop board and I know 100% those are BBS made. Same wood, same stain quality, same clear. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck…
If it was about the polarizer, I have no idea where Neil has those done.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6645 on: June 02, 2021, 11:22:21 PM »

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #6646 on: June 03, 2021, 01:31:43 AM »

If you're referring to the scram deck I'm pretty sure they're prime wood. Or at least that's what the popsicles were last time I looked at one which was a few months back.

I remember someone saying they were bbs at one point in the past but I don't recall anything about Watson unless they did like a small run of some one - off crazy old school shape, which is something Watson somewhat specializes in (they make some of the Sam Hitz limited editions, some of the special Toy machine decks like the Halloween boards, and I think burger uses them for their old school shape)

The Scram? I’m 90+% sure it’s BBS. Same wood that they’ve had since Nolan started selling out of shops. There were 2 exceptions though, the first and second Assault X Scram decks were Watson made.
I hoarded a bunch of the 9” shovels after Scram stopped making them. Then I found out that 35th Ave had the same deck as a shop board and I know 100% those are BBS made. Same wood, same stain quality, same clear. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck…
If it was about the polarizer, I have no idea where Neil has those done.

Yes sorry should have been clearer, but the Scram board.

Thanks for both replies.

It is a funny one as I had seen two Scram boards that people ordered from US shops, both different but both not BBS in feel, concave, etc so I was interested to know as a local AU distributor just brought some in so I was very curious, as they have 9 and 9.75 boards in their current stock - mainly for others I know who are after boards of those dimensions.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #6647 on: June 03, 2021, 02:29:41 PM »

Deck Specs:
Width: 8.27"
Length: 31.83"
Wheelbase: 14.22"
Nose: 6.8"
Tail: 6.6"

This is right up my weird dimensions alley...not quite an 8.25 and not quite and 8.3...Length and WB = not too long, not too short...tail around 6.5 Nose under 7" and on NHS wood.

Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks....
How’d you like it? I’m looking at Santa Cruz stuff myself. I have a BBS 8.5 that’s so mellow. Kind of eager to try something by NHS/DSM and I love the dimensions on this.

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #6648 on: June 03, 2021, 07:29:42 PM »
got 2 baker B2 boards from that skate warehouse clearance sale. also found one of these old deathwish joint cruisers from years back at a random skate shop

https://imgur.com/gallery/Pm6stuf

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #6649 on: June 04, 2021, 05:18:00 AM »
I got this friend who, I just found out changes his swiss bearings everytime he changes wheels which is like every 3months so I traded 7sets of slightly used bones swiss for some trees 8)
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Doodily

• Rep: 4
« Reply #6650 on: June 04, 2021, 05:25:43 AM »
New board day! Been skating Zero and Chocolate boards over the past year. First time buying Habitat.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #6651 on: June 04, 2021, 05:39:31 AM »
 Cheap nike sb project BA’s, and they skate great!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6652 on: June 04, 2021, 06:09:31 AM »
Cheap nike sb project BA’s, and they skate great!
So jealous, Nike slept on those.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
« Reply #6653 on: June 04, 2021, 07:25:49 AM »

Primitive X New Balance I've wanted for a while. The Fiance says they're dad shoes.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #6654 on: June 04, 2021, 07:43:49 AM »

Primitive X New Balance I've wanted for a while. The Fiance says they're dad shoes.

Yeah, I’ve almost bought some NB# a few times and my wife threatens to laugh at me so I don’t.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #6655 on: June 04, 2021, 08:28:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, I’ve almost bought some NB# a few times and my wife threatens to laugh at me so I don’t.
My wife still laughs at me for my NB but they skate so well I will take the verbal abuse

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #6656 on: June 04, 2021, 08:37:15 AM »
New board day! Been skating Zero and Chocolate boards over the past year. First time buying Habitat.

Skating a habitat now. It’s been treating me good so far. Big nose which is nice.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #6657 on: June 04, 2021, 09:04:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
My wife still laughs at me for my NB but they skate so well I will take the verbal abuse
Oh I resolved to get some next time I buy shoes. I just got two pairs a month or so ago, but come fall I’ll be back at it. Still kinda kicking myself for not getting some 440s with a seafoam/cerulean logo.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6658 on: June 04, 2021, 10:18:20 AM »

She's right but if they skate nicely you can't pretend like you don't hear it.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #6659 on: June 04, 2021, 07:56:44 PM »
Expand Quote

Deck Specs:
Width: 8.27"
Length: 31.83"
Wheelbase: 14.22"
Nose: 6.8"
Tail: 6.6"

This is right up my weird dimensions alley...not quite an 8.25 and not quite and 8.3...Length and WB = not too long, not too short...tail around 6.5 Nose under 7" and on NHS wood.

Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks....
[close]
How’d you like it? I’m looking at Santa Cruz stuff myself. I have a BBS 8.5 that’s so mellow. Kind of eager to try something by NHS/DSM and I love the dimensions on this.

Love me some NHS/Dwindle/Girl wood...crispy, stiff and poppy...makes Ps/BBS feel mushy/waterlogged...I've made it a point to skate nothing else but NHS/DSM wood; it just feels good to me.

This deck, I found way too small (WB) but a great shape, medium all around. After many months and lots of $$$ fucking around with board sizes, and then skating a 14.5" WB for a week+ made me realize how much worse I skate on short and tight WB boards, and how much better I skate and feel on a longer WB...all the while thinking tighter/shorter is what I needed. Everything, my kickflips especially, were better on an 8.8x32x14.5"WB with 159s and 54mm wheels than the above with 144s and 52s...wtf.

NHS also has an 8.28" x 31.83 x 14.19WB (they just released an 8.25 with a 14.1875"WB)

So it's back to what I always used to skate: Santa Cruz or Creature with a 14.353 WBs (at one point they changed the 8.25 shapes and fucked them up so I left camp) with 149s indys.

Just grabbed this today:

8.25"x32.04"x14.35 - it's really fat, like AH hero fat.

I took a hard look at the GT AH (8.25x32x14.38) as this was also an old go to, but the shape of the creature is more fat/full in the nose and I prefer the China wood.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 08:03:26 PM by Xen »