Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988107 times)

Enrico Pallazzo, boneless900 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 98
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #8490 on: June 14, 2023, 06:54:17 AM »
Worked 14 hours Sunday and told myself if I got over $100 at my second job I’d treat myself to some Ace 55s for my shaped 9.25”. So I got that coming in the mail. Stoked to try Ace finally.

boneless900

• Rep: 60
« Reply #8491 on: June 14, 2023, 08:29:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Got a pair of the ACE x Theories 44's and my third copy of Static I

I love the attention to detail on these ;

[close]
What make them TOA? Black baseplate and the thingy you showed on the photo? Curious if there's anything else

The black baseplate and raw hanger look incredible. This is making me want to strip/paint the spare af-1s I've got

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #8492 on: June 14, 2023, 10:47:06 AM »
Worked 14 hours Sunday and told myself if I got over $100 at my second job I’d treat myself to some Ace 55s for my shaped 9.25”. So I got that coming in the mail. Stoked to try Ace finally.
yes! Good stuff. Excited to see how you like

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 343
« Reply #8493 on: June 14, 2023, 12:24:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
What make them TOA? Black baseplate and the thingy you showed on the photo? Curious if there's anything else

nothing else except the laser etched axel. otherwise they dropped a series of clothes and made a video

Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8494 on: June 14, 2023, 01:01:06 PM »

hell yeah. enjoy the ACE's

[

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #8495 on: June 14, 2023, 05:17:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

nothing else except the laser etched axel. otherwise they dropped a series of clothes and made a video

this thumbnail is sooooo rowdy. whats the setup for that absolute monster of a human!? i’m not gonna click, it’s just gonna make me want some wide trucks and then i’m gonna get all angry again

Cesspool86

• Rep: 60
« Reply #8496 on: June 14, 2023, 06:24:38 PM »
Expand Quote

Got the hopps 7.8 and the glue 7.75 from my local. Both are flat but the glue is flat as hell.  The ishod is a true fit 8.06. I fuck with the tue fits heavily. The thunders go with the lil guys
[close]

yo…how flat are talking?

i am on a glue 8.125 and i really like the shape. it’s flat, could be flatter.
the other board i ride is an 8.06 true fit, not flat. not really a fan, cuz it’s steeper, and just…i know bbs makes ‘better’ (longer lasting) boards, but it just doesn’t feel nice, and the pop is decent at best. 360 flips are a saving grace of the truefit

It's pretty damn flat. Like that was the first thing I noticed and the reason I bought it. It is a 7.75 so I don't know if that makes a difference.  Here's the true fit on top and the glue on bottom

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8497 on: June 14, 2023, 07:22:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Got the hopps 7.8 and the glue 7.75 from my local. Both are flat but the glue is flat as hell.  The ishod is a true fit 8.06. I fuck with the tue fits heavily. The thunders go with the lil guys
[close]

yo…how flat are talking?

i am on a glue 8.125 and i really like the shape. it’s flat, could be flatter.
the other board i ride is an 8.06 true fit, not flat. not really a fan, cuz it’s steeper, and just…i know bbs makes ‘better’ (longer lasting) boards, but it just doesn’t feel nice, and the pop is decent at best. 360 flips are a saving grace of the truefit
[close]

It's pretty damn flat. Like that was the first thing I noticed and the reason I bought it. It is a 7.75 so I don't know if that makes a difference.  Here's the true fit on top and the glue on bottom

That is interesting to see.

I copied it to the Woodshop thread too, as a reference.

Thanks for the pics of the angle of the kicks on the boards.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #8498 on: June 15, 2023, 12:35:43 PM »
Not *strictly* skate related, but volcom and diamond count for something

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #8499 on: June 15, 2023, 03:15:58 PM »
Pulled the trigger on a bearing puller/press.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8500 on: June 15, 2023, 04:06:20 PM »

nice! how much was it? thats the main thing that has held me back from getting one is the price. i dont change wheels and bearings often but i do have a set of quantum isotopes that i should be more careful with when changing wheels.

[

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8501 on: June 15, 2023, 10:11:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

nice! how much was it? thats the main thing that has held me back from getting one is the price. i dont change wheels and bearings often but i do have a set of quantum isotopes that i should be more careful with when changing wheels.

It was freaking expensive, 100 Swiss francs which is roughly 100 bucks. I have Quantum Fusions and need to clean at least one wheel after literally every session to keep them going so I had to get it. Now I am stoked to clean the bearings on all my set up, can‘t wait for them to seize up lol
why come?

Fooj

• Rep: 188
« Reply #8502 on: June 15, 2023, 10:20:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It was freaking expensive, 100 Swiss francs which is roughly 100 bucks. I have Quantum Fusions and need to clean at least one wheel after literally every session to keep them going so I had to get it. Now I am stoked to clean the bearings on all my set up, can‘t wait for them to seize up lol

A great investment. Ive had mine for about 5 years and use it all the time. Itll make you more likely to clean your bearings, also makes me feel good knowing theyre pressed in much straighter than i could do with my hands.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8503 on: June 15, 2023, 10:55:50 PM »
Why do you have to clean them so often?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8504 on: June 16, 2023, 02:11:14 AM »

Because they seize up.
why come?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8505 on: June 16, 2023, 02:19:22 AM »
Probably because they suck. I don't intend to be mean but c'mon, I clean my swiss 1 - 2 times per year and I go hard on them.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #8506 on: June 16, 2023, 02:42:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Probably because they suck. I don't intend to be mean but c'mon, I clean my swiss 1 - 2 times per year and I go hard on them.

And I never need to clean my Quantums but have only had shit luck with not only Swiss, but all Bones bearings. No matter how reliable a product in general may be, there are always gonna be defective or subpar individual pieces/sets. Sucks that Easy got a bad set, just as it sucks that I got bad Swiss. Doesn't mean the products themselves suck though.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8507 on: June 16, 2023, 04:11:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

And I never need to clean my Quantums but have only had shit luck with not only Swiss, but all Bones bearings. No matter how reliable a product in general may be, there are always gonna be defective or subpar individual pieces/sets. Sucks that Easy got a bad set, just as it sucks that I got bad Swiss. Doesn't mean the products themselves suck though.

Well, I admit that I had a set of sub par Swiss as well. I am really not trying to be unfair to Quantum and I am happy for you and every other user having good experience with them.

However, I got a double pack of Quantum Fusions in January after getting advised by the Quantum dude on these forums that they were their best bearings and could take a beating. They even threw in two extra bearings, so I had 18 bearings to work with in January. Today I have 7 left, and threw all others away because they constantly seized up despite cleaning and did not spin properly. I used the Quantums only in dry conditions and didn't even slappy on them, although I originally intended to use them for a rain slappy set up, because I thought the ceramics would work on a rain set up.

On the other hand, I've had two sets of Swiss 6 so far and no issues on any of them, and I use them for slappies. I have even been using a very old set of Bronson G2s on a rain slappy set up the whole winter without cleaning once and they spin ok without ever seizing up.

Tl;dr: I guess you can be lucky or unlucky with any set of bearings. Personally, I'll just stick with Swiss 6, which makes sense since I am Swiss. I am very tempted to try the Swiss ceramics.
why come?

scab

« Reply #8508 on: June 16, 2023, 04:20:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Well, I admit that I had a set of sub par Swiss as well. I am really not trying to be unfair to Quantum and I am happy for you and every other user having good experience with them.

However, I got a double pack of Quantum Fusions in January after getting advised by the Quantum dude on these forums that they were their best bearings and could take a beating. They even threw in two extra bearings, so I had 18 bearings to work with in January. Today I have 7 left, and threw all others away because they constantly seized up despite cleaning and did not spin properly. I used the Quantums only in dry conditions and didn't even slappy on them, although I originally intended to use them for a rain slappy set up, because I thought the ceramics would work on a rain set up.

On the other hand, I've had two sets of Swiss 6 so far and no issues on any of them, and I use them for slappies. I have even been using a very old set of Bronson G2s on a rain slappy set up the whole winter without cleaning once and they spin ok without ever seizing up.

Tl;dr: I guess you can be lucky or unlucky with any set of bearings. Personally, I'll just stick with Swiss 6, which makes sense since I am Swiss. I am very tempted to try the Swiss ceramics.

For sure, that's exactly the point I was trying to make. It's definitely a bummer that the Quantums didn't work out for you, for whatever reason that may be. I'm just not a fan of this all-encompassing way of dismissing a whole product line due to individual anecdotes.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #8509 on: June 16, 2023, 04:54:26 PM »

Giving Thunders a shot for the first time in a few years

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1422
« Reply #8510 on: June 16, 2023, 09:32:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

For sure, that's exactly the point I was trying to make. It's definitely a bummer that the Quantums didn't work out for you, for whatever reason that may be. I'm just not a fan of this all-encompassing way of dismissing a whole product line due to individual anecdotes.

Two sets of quantums i have had, isotopes, suck as well. Numerous other slap posters have said the same before the quantum dude axed the thread. Im not sure whats all encompassing here- when people leave a review, its of their experience. Nowhere, especially online, do people say “oh ya, I spent good money on this product, it didnt work out for me, but hey, it may still be a good, top quality product. Must have gotten a bad batch.”

In fact, i was going thru old bearings last night, stuff from free pile boards, from a decade ago etc. isopropyl treatment and the left over quantum speed cream stuff. Both sets of quantums still had multiple seized bearings.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #8511 on: June 17, 2023, 01:54:08 AM »
G021  :)
Perfect specs, kicks too steep, weak graphic, hot pro

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8512 on: June 17, 2023, 09:18:38 AM »
Got a board for my GF and the website showed a 9" popsicle. Went to pick it up and behold, got a surf Polar sr which is great since I paid 40€ with Jessup and this is for cruising with soft wheels.
Win/win
9 x 31.6 x 14.5
Nose: 6.3
Tail: 6.55
Not sure about classics 55 or AF1 66 for this
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #8513 on: June 17, 2023, 09:54:26 AM »
Got a board for my GF and the website showed a 9" popsicle. Went to pick it up and behold, got a surf Polar sr which is great since I paid 40€ with Jessup and this is for cruising with soft wheels.
Win/win
9 x 31.6 x 14.5

I want that. How’s top down view?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8514 on: June 17, 2023, 10:33:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Win/win
9 x 31.6 x 14.5

[close]
I want that. How’s top down view?
Here you have
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 101
« Reply #8515 on: June 17, 2023, 10:56:00 AM »
That looks sick. Planning to get a surf jr and drill back the wheelbase

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8516 on: June 17, 2023, 11:11:23 AM »
sorry to keep dragging the bearing argument

I love Bones Bearings and have had multiple sets of swiss, swiss 6, big balls, reds, super reds. Swiss and Swiss 6 were the best bearings ive had. The Big Balls, reds, and super reds have been a hit or miss. I've had some sets that work amazing and some that got shitty after i cleaned and used speed cream

With Quantums i only had the metallics and the isotopes. the metallics were good but felt sluggish after i used speed cream and i've had the isotopes for 3 months and they're working well.

I have the Big Balls in my cruiser and they're working really good - better then the last two sets i had.

So in my exp both bones and quantums have been good and bad haha

[

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #8517 on: June 17, 2023, 12:35:29 PM »
sorry to keep dragging the bearing argument

I love Bones Bearings and have had multiple sets of swiss, swiss 6, big balls, reds, super reds. Swiss and Swiss 6 were the best bearings ive had. The Big Balls, reds, and super reds have been a hit or miss. I've had some sets that work amazing and some that got shitty after i cleaned and used speed cream

With Quantums i only had the metallics and the isotopes. the metallics were good but felt sluggish after i used speed cream and i've had the isotopes for 3 months and they're working well.

I have the Big Balls in my cruiser and they're working really good - better then the last two sets i had.

So in my exp both bones and quantums have been good and bad haha

A reasonable take on MY slap forum??? Get out of here!!

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #8518 on: June 18, 2023, 12:25:26 PM »
got some swiss 6 and some small lock-ins. i much prefer how a thinner pizza cutter wheel flips, just feels correct to me. but these lock-ins feel real nice, rolling wise. i’d get them again.
the swiss 6 are the best. i have some regular swiss that are more broken in, sound much cooler, and do the highly scientific hand spin test better, but the swiss 6 feel smooth, and seem faster out of the gate, than the regular swiss.

scab

« Reply #8519 on: June 19, 2023, 01:42:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Two sets of quantums i have had, isotopes, suck as well. Numerous other slap posters have said the same before the quantum dude axed the thread. Im not sure whats all encompassing here- when people leave a review, its of their experience. Nowhere, especially online, do people say “oh ya, I spent good money on this product, it didnt work out for me, but hey, it may still be a good, top quality product. Must have gotten a bad batch.”

In fact, i was going thru old bearings last night, stuff from free pile boards, from a decade ago etc. isopropyl treatment and the left over quantum speed cream stuff. Both sets of quantums still had multiple seized bearings.

I'm guessing you haven't read the whole conversation. I initially entered into it by answering someone who did not have any personal experience with the product in question whatsoever, but still felt compelled to make a blanket statement about its value. That's what I called all-encompassing.

If anyone has a bad experience with something, by all means post about it. But the same goes for good experiences, arguably even more because we're so prone to talking about negative stuff and often forget to mention good things. That's exactly what I did. This is what Shoes & Gear is for, isn't it? This place would be waaaay more boring if everything other than BBS boards, F4s and Swiss bearings was dismissed out of hand.