Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 187442 times)

Daydream

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 80
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #1500 on: July 19, 2023, 06:42:32 AM »
want. big into white or cream laces on triple black at the moment

thehogsniper

• Rep: 47
« Reply #1501 on: July 21, 2023, 10:56:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Trying to figure out the drop/upgrade situation with LR. I have a pair of VM001s from drop 8, I sized down more than any other shoe (US 8 in LR vs US 9 in Adidas / 9.5 in New Balance) and while they are snug, I really like them to skate in. However, the soles are going bald super fast. I'm very down for what the brand is doing so I'd like to stick with them, but trying to figure out several things.
- From which drop did they upgrade the rubber compound?
- From drop 10 they have the new insole, is the consensus half a size up from what you previously had for a similar fit?
- WTF is the sizing situation with the CM001? I'd like to them to hopefully get some more sole durability, I would say my 'regular' size is probably US 9 but I have fairly narrow feet...
[close]
Drop 8 is when the rubber compound was upgraded. Someone told me that previously it was size down for LR, after the 10th drop it went TTS, and now the cupsoles are half up. Honestly if you dip back a few pages you'll see the same issue with sole wear, and I've heard non-skaters are having similar issues with separation.
[close]

Appreciate it, thanks for the info. I would probably half-size up in my next pair then or go straight for cups, but I have nowhere local to try them on. I still really like the ones I have but the insoles are pretty horrible. They still seem to grip ok when they start going bald, it's not ideal, but they work for now. What do people mostly use to replace the old stock insoles that isn't too thick? Looking at grabbing a pair of G6 or something but then again, these might not last long enough to make that worthwhile.
Honestly you could have an entire thread dedicated to insoles, it's really a matter of personal taste + daily necessity. If you're like me and work on concrete all day, you need something thicker. If you're just walking around for a few hours, you can probably get away with something thinner. I don't see G6 insoles as being any better or worse than something you can buy off the shelf at the grocery store.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 837
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #1502 on: July 26, 2023, 10:00:52 AM »

Union had a pretty sweet deal on the dancer collab so I had to scoop.
Got another pair of vm001 highs coming in tomorrow from Library.
Shoe hyperfixation is a bitch.
Hoping to sell a few pairs off to buy some of the cups soon.

Twig88

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1503 on: July 28, 2023, 07:37:26 AM »
for these cups, i went a full size up from my vm001 and 002 size. tts runs short lengthwise for me, didn't even try 1/2 size down. i could feel my toe just jamming into the front of the shoes when walking around. full size up fits well, a hair roomy in the toe box but pretty neligible. im gonna chill in these until i'm done skating my louies. these were priced lower than the milics here for some reason.

Sizing is a bit weird on the CM001 for sure. I tried US8.5 and US9. My true size is probably 8.5 (Vans/Nike) but the 8.5 felt like it would need to stretch a decent amount to fit but the 9 feels too big. The difference should be minimal but the 9 feels very roomy in the toebox, overall volume wise (though the length is correct). I actually think the cups probably fit a slightly wider foot better than narrow feet and there seems to be a big size jump (US8.5->9/EU41->42). Might see if an 8.5 will stretch because I'd like to have some cups. FWIW I use a US8 in the pre-cloudy cush vulcs, so half to a full size up from those seems about right.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1504 on: August 05, 2023, 11:14:43 AM »

Sold enough old shoes to snag a pair of these. I went .5 size up and I can definitely see why people want to go a full size up. 1/2 a size up fit me quite nicely. I think a full size up would have led to some heel slip.
Got my eyes on a tan pair next…

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #1505 on: August 12, 2023, 07:22:37 PM »
What’s the sizing on the new VM003? I’m normally a size 10 in Vans etc.

Twig88

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1506 on: August 13, 2023, 04:22:26 AM »
What’s the sizing on the new VM003? I’m normally a size 10 in Vans etc.

This isn't a perfect answer because I've only skated the newer VM001/VM002 but since they changed up the insole, I am now the same Vans/Last Resort size (US 8.5). I was going half a size down in the same shoes previously. For added context, I usually skate a US 9 in New Balance/Adidas.

Dr X

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1507 on: August 25, 2023, 08:29:45 AM »
Yerr. Noticed that people are pretty confused with the sizing so wanted share my thoughts on it.
I'm now skating my second pair of the CM001 and they fit perfectly for my feet. I have a pretty wide foot especially in the middle but my heel and top of the foot are pretty slim so the snug fit of the shoe works perfect.
Also I have pretty delicate heels, which is why I only skate cupsoles, and the new insoles are working pretty fucking great. I've had a couple of vulc ones with the old insoles and the new ones are definitely better and I haven't even considered changing them to something else. I have US9.5 on basically every shoe on the market and the same size in the CM001's. If you wear them for a couple days prior to skating them, they'll be alright if you don't want any unnecessary room when skating them. The shoes are also pretty fucking durable and hold the proper level of stiffness through their life-cycle. I usually have to change shoes every 3 weeks and these lasted for a good month and half.
Thanks, that's enough rambling. I def recommend them. Best shoe to come in years. Peace.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1158
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1508 on: August 25, 2023, 10:28:15 AM »

Super pleased with the way these are holding up. I was worried about the toe cap initially but aside from the initial tearing around the stitching it's been super durable and hasn't torn much further or pulled up. Cloudcush insole is a huge improvement and the sole even seems to be a bit more durable as well without any loss of grip.

I wear 12 in ALL LRAB models. Some run tighter (VM001 Canvas, CM001), some are roomier (VM003), VM001 Suede is pretty much perfect. I'm loving the CM001 though and will probably buy another pair

Daydream

« Reply #1509 on: August 25, 2023, 04:50:44 PM »

Super pleased with the way these are holding up. I was worried about the toe cap initially but aside from the initial tearing around the stitching it's been super durable and hasn't torn much further or pulled up. Cloudcush insole is a huge improvement and the sole even seems to be a bit more durable as well without any loss of grip.

I wear 12 in ALL LRAB models. Some run tighter (VM001 Canvas, CM001), some are roomier (VM003), VM001 Suede is pretty much perfect. I'm loving the CM001 though and will probably buy another pair
appreciate the follow up and review. Those look really good. Been trying to see if any pairs go on sale. But being a 12 in the vm001 and they’re somewhat snug, I’d want a 13 in these which is my tts

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
« Reply #1510 on: August 29, 2023, 11:14:37 PM »
Review including pic of shoe cut in half
www.weartested.com/last-resort-ab-cm001

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1511 on: August 30, 2023, 09:49:39 AM »
Gave my CM001s a go the other day it’s good to be back
I’m a cupsole after a bit of shoe madness. I’ll be really sad when they blow out so I grabbed a pair of the Safari/ black to have on deck.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2273
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1512 on: August 30, 2023, 12:02:07 PM »
The new LRAB catalog came through to the shop email the other day. Four new colours of the CM001, all of them all suede with no leather for you peeps who were wanting all suede.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1513 on: August 30, 2023, 12:23:12 PM »
The new LRAB catalog came through to the shop email the other day. Four new colours of the CM001, all of them all suede with no leather for you peeps who were wanting all suede.

You're under no obligation to give these details, but:
- Do any of them not have a black sole? (I don't personally care, but I know that's a hot topic on Slap)
- If there are any with a non-black sole, is the outsole a different colour (i.e. white with a gum outsole)?
- Is there a primarily white pair?
- Is there a pair that is entirely white suede with a gum sole? (Jason Lee's signature doesn't have to be on the tongue, but it's fine if it is)

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 316
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #1514 on: August 30, 2023, 01:06:11 PM »
Pump Me with a Plump Personal Message, Please Man.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2273
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1515 on: August 30, 2023, 01:17:39 PM »
Can't share photos but black with white sole, black with black sole, white with white sole, and a brown toe/navy panel with white sole.

March drop.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1516 on: August 30, 2023, 02:58:08 PM »
no vegan option…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #1517 on: August 30, 2023, 03:10:15 PM »
There is a VM001 one sale online here (last 2 pairs). I wear 8 in in nike sb/vans. Will an 8 in last resort fit me?

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 316
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #1518 on: August 31, 2023, 09:00:00 AM »
There is a VM001 one sale online here (last 2 pairs). I wear 8 in in nike sb/vans. Will an 8 in last resort fit me?
if it is one of the newer drops that came with the new "cloudy cush" insoles, then you should be fine.
the older models which I own 2 pairs, I went 1/2 size down. I've swapped insoles which made the shoes more snug so that's always an option if you're worried about them being too big

Daydream

« Reply #1519 on: August 31, 2023, 12:44:56 PM »
New cupsole colors sound great

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1520 on: September 02, 2023, 08:16:37 AM »

Picked up the Safaris on sale.
Went full size up because only the 11 was on sale for some reason. I def prefer .5 size up for skating, but full size up fits comfortably as well, just a tad more wiggle room for me.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #1521 on: September 02, 2023, 08:55:08 AM »

Went full size up because only the 11 was on sale for some reason. I def prefer .5 size up for skating, but full size up fits comfortably as well, just a tad more wiggle room for me.

recommend?

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1158
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1522 on: September 02, 2023, 09:18:53 AM »

Love that colorway. The Green has grown on me but i only got them because I couldn’t find the safari at any of my shops in LA

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1523 on: September 02, 2023, 09:43:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

recommend?
Ive only skated my green pair twice, so far they skate very nicely, I think they are worth giving a shot especially if you are in the arena for a cupsole thats a bit of a different vibe than most of the others.

montanaco

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1524 on: September 02, 2023, 11:10:41 AM »
Question for the LRAB regulars. Do the new models with the insole have worse heel lock than the OGs? I ask because the milic was too loose off my heel to skate in (but tight everywhere else) but I just tried the old gator skin VM001 and heel lock and width felt perfect. Not sure if it’s just a depth thing.

fried

• Rep: 54
« Reply #1525 on: September 02, 2023, 07:34:33 PM »
Question for the LRAB regulars. Do the new models with the insole have worse heel lock than the OGs? I ask because the milic was too loose off my heel to skate in (but tight everywhere else) but I just tried the old gator skin VM001 and heel lock and width felt perfect. Not sure if it’s just a depth thing.

I definitely liked the fit of the shoe with the original insole better. With the new insoles they are a bit too snug, and my foot is too high in the shoe.

but they do eventually pack out and feel pretty good once they break in.

I’ve just been re using my broken in insoles in new pairs and they are pretty much perfect. Or put the insoles from CM in the VM since they are slightly thinner.

beecee

« Reply #1526 on: September 05, 2023, 10:11:14 AM »

that grey pair looking nice but not sure how i feel ab the added stitching..

Lo-fi Explosion

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1527 on: September 06, 2023, 01:16:53 AM »

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1528 on: September 06, 2023, 01:21:47 AM »
need need need the black and grey milic
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

beecee

« Reply #1529 on: September 08, 2023, 08:15:52 PM »

drop 12 preview