Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1744555 times)

Rusty_Berrings

Re: real confessions
« Reply #6240 on: September 11, 2015, 02:56:31 PM »
well. it's pretty easy to not get mad if you just drink a little before you skate. but since you're having depression i'd maybe wait to get angry before you resort to such drastic measures.

Spitfire4life

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #6241 on: September 11, 2015, 03:09:00 PM »
I'm vegetarian, I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. I usually have a banana and almonds for lunch, and a home made smoothie at some point in the day. I'm actually really healthy. Skating itself never makes me mad, I just fuck around and have fun, it's about the only thing I still enjoy. It's the people around me when I'm skating that causes my problems. Skating by myself blows, but depending on who I'm skating with can be just as bad. That's kind of how everything seems to be, I just can't win. Every choice I make is the wrong one.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #6242 on: September 11, 2015, 03:18:22 PM »
Oh, I used to be vegan but had more psychotic outbursts skating and was less productive in other fields than I am now that I eat meat. I don't eat meat every day but every few days it's not so bad and some cheese every day usually. There's some good recipes for vegan cheeses made out of nuts if you have access to a food processor. As for eating fruit personally I think I've been getting all my dietary fiber from red wine for a while now.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #6243 on: September 13, 2015, 01:45:40 PM »
I'm vegetarian, I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. I usually have a banana and almonds for lunch, and a home made smoothie at some point in the day. I'm actually really healthy. Skating itself never makes me mad, I just fuck around and have fun, it's about the only thing I still enjoy. It's the people around me when I'm skating that causes my problems. Skating by myself blows, but depending on who I'm skating with can be just as bad. That's kind of how everything seems to be, I just can't win. Every choice I make is the wrong one.

I used to think that too, but last two years I started skating by myself more and more, and it gets more and more fun. I had one of the best sessions in about a month or two today, and I was at the ledge spot we usually skate here, all by myself. I didnt sit down once in about two hours, and went home happy and sore as fuck, but in a good way.

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #6244 on: September 13, 2015, 09:01:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I used to think that too, but last two years I started skating by myself more and more, and it gets more and more fun. I had one of the best sessions in about a month or two today, and I was at the ledge spot we usually skate here, all by myself. I didnt sit down once in about two hours, and went home happy and sore as fuck, but in a good way.

i try not to take more than a two minute water break when i'm skating. at the end of a session i'll shoot the shit for an hour or whatever, but i keep moving when shit's kickin because i don't get to skate my local park so much anymore, still getting used to my new living area.

i think one of the keys in the battle against depression is filling each day up to the point where you'll think of a day that happened a week ago and when you realize it was only a week ago you kinda freak out because it seems like two weeks. exercise does as much as they tell you, sitting on slap or reddit or whatever does very little to help your mood. getting outside and moving around is priceless. you're gonna be 80 someday and you'll wish you could still get out there and ollie up a curb but you won't be able to. being young is a gift and dwelling on the negatives all the time is a waste of your valuable, valuable time. enjoy your cartilage dude, go take a slam bombing a hill and get better in two days. it won't last forever.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #6245 on: September 13, 2015, 09:38:55 PM »
I usually have a banana and almonds for lunch

Carb up son! Seriously though, you need to munch on a lot more than that

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

shark tits

« Reply #6246 on: September 13, 2015, 09:43:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i try not to take more than a two minute water break when i'm skating. at the end of a session i'll shoot the shit for an hour or whatever, but i keep moving when shit's kickin because i don't get to skate my local park so much anymore, still getting used to my new living area.

i think one of the keys in the battle against depression is filling each day up to the point where you'll think of a day that happened a week ago and when you realize it was only a week ago you kinda freak out because it seems like two weeks. exercise does as much as they tell you, sitting on slap or reddit or whatever does very little to help your mood. getting outside and moving around is priceless. you're gonna be 80 someday and you'll wish you could still get out there and ollie up a curb but you won't be able to. being young is a gift and dwelling on the negatives all the time is a waste of your valuable, valuable time. enjoy your cartilage dude, go take a slam bombing a hill and get better in two days. it won't last forever.
ferarri hallelujah, man!
i'd add variety. doesn't matter exactly what you're doing, just do it a bit different every time. unless it's a fun skate route w/ hits then don't take the same roads to/from same destinations. a bit of exploration during necessary transit. this one is contingent on my moods but talking to people makes ya feel part of the world at large and give ya the hope of meeting a real classy girl or perfect hubba spot or bookstore or whatever neat thing you wanna stumbe onto. fire escapes? i like em, i don't know about other people which sorta makes it a bit of a hassle in finding 'like minded people' but most girls are willing to tag along w/ your goofy ideas when they're first meeting you and trying to impress ya. i don't question your motives girly, i profit offa them.

arthurspooner

• Rep: 9
« Reply #6247 on: September 13, 2015, 10:18:29 PM »
i dont know what i want to do for a "career." ive had a bunch of sporadic  ideas, but i have no idea how to get into them. like they seem like things youd need connections for.  im going to community college and i work at kohls. im 22. i took off almost 2 yrs of school because i was going through some stuff. its a bummer seeing all these people graduating from 4 yr schools and im just even further behind. i know i shouldnt feel this way, but sometimes i just feel like a goober because i shouldve been graduating from school this last spring, ideally, like everyone else.   i just feel like im not ever going to amount to anything. im worried im going to have a real bummer of a life.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6248 on: September 13, 2015, 11:19:27 PM »
In all seriousness 22 is nothing and lots of people don't figure out what "career" they want till much much later in life (mature age uni students anyone?). Instead of thinking of your career like a straight road/ path just imagine it as a map with 20 - 30 ways of getting to the same destination (end goal if you will). It's highly unlikely that 10 years down the track you'll be doing exactly what you imagined yourself to be doing.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #6249 on: September 13, 2015, 11:24:15 PM »
yo if i worked at kohls or was even eligible to i'd be like "put me in footwear" and call it a day talking people up about cupsoles/vulcanized soles and shoe construction. don't wanna call it a "career" wow then maybe you should move into "website design" or "quantum mechanics" or "dicks up your ass" bro

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #6250 on: September 13, 2015, 11:26:31 PM »
i dont know what i want to do for a "career." ive had a bunch of sporadic  ideas, but i have no idea how to get into them. like they seem like things youd need connections for.  im going to community college and i work at kohls. im 22. i took off almost 2 yrs of school because i was going through some stuff. its a bummer seeing all these people graduating from 4 yr schools and im just even further behind. i know i shouldnt feel this way, but sometimes i just feel like a goober because i shouldve been graduating from school this last spring, ideally, like everyone else.   i just feel like im not ever going to amount to anything. im worried im going to have a real bummer of a life.

I took 3 years off from school cause my anxiety was so bad. I'm almost half way done to a two year degree at community college. I'm 23 so you are beating me

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #6251 on: September 14, 2015, 08:21:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I took 3 years off from school cause my anxiety was so bad. I'm almost half way done to a two year degree at community college. I'm 23 so you are beating me

what everyone needs to know and get over is that you don't need to compare yourselves with the people you went to high school with. its tough because you were all pretty much even for so many years of your lives and nobody was really any more successful than anyone else. then you when you get to be about 25, people start experiencing their own success and it can be very hard to watch someone you know get a nice job, buy their own house, get married, ect., while you might not be that far along yet. its easy to get jealous or to get down on yourself for not being as far along in "adulthood" as the people you grew up with, but if you're going to judge yourself based on what others are doing, then you're not going to be a happy person. just worry about you and what you need to do to get yourself to where you want to be. don't think that you're blowing it just because your friends have degrees or careers. lifes not a race or a contest to see who can out adult each-other.

captainfalcon69

• Rep: 15
« Reply #6252 on: September 14, 2015, 09:22:22 AM »
yo thanks JB, it wasnt directed at me but i needed that too.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6253 on: September 14, 2015, 09:24:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

what everyone needs to know and get over is that you don't need to compare yourselves with the people you went to high school with. its tough because you were all pretty much even for so many years of your lives and nobody was really any more successful than anyone else. then you when you get to be about 25, people start experiencing their own success and it can be very hard to watch someone you know get a nice job, buy their own house, get married, ect., while you might not be that far along yet. its easy to get jealous or to get down on yourself for not being as far along in "adulthood" as the people you grew up with, but if you're going to judge yourself based on what others are doing, then you're not going to be a happy person. just worry about you and what you need to do to get yourself to where you want to be. don't think that you're blowing it just because your friends have degrees or careers. lifes not a race or a contest to see who can out adult each-other.

Yeah i don't really compare myself to my peers but my mom loves doing that. That's what is awesome about college, you can do it at your own pace

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6254 on: September 14, 2015, 09:56:47 AM »
yo thanks JB, it wasnt directed at me but i needed that too.

i still need to remind myself of that all the time. i know i can get a little jealous and insecure when i know people have got it better than i do, but i dont want that shit to make me a bitter or depressed person. i dont have a lot of flashy material things, but i still have enough good things in my life to be happy about. and i never want to be that person whos an arrogant dickhead just because they can afford a bunch of expensive shit, because those people are the fucking worst.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #6255 on: September 14, 2015, 11:17:59 AM »
Came here to say the same JB.

I'm 25 and I work a shitty dead end job. I went to college for something that doesn't pay well and I really couldn't see it as a career in the long run. I'm back in school and doing something completely different. I love it. I was really depressed for awhile living in my situation. School has helped a lot. I'm about to be at extern at a hospital soon. In the end, it was good I waited to see what I enjoyed and it helps that it pays good. I stopped comparing my life with others. I feel a lot better. Do things on your own terms.

arthurspooner

• Rep: 9
« Reply #6256 on: September 14, 2015, 06:29:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks man. Youre right and for the most part i say these same things to myself all the time. i guess sometimes i let it get the best of me. thanks for the kind words guys.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #6257 on: September 15, 2015, 08:21:28 AM »
Real Confession: I gotta get drunk before the day begins, before my mother starts bitchin' about my friends.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6258 on: September 15, 2015, 09:40:15 AM »
Real Confession: I gotta get drunk before the day begins, before my mother starts bitchin' about my friends.
like 5am?

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6259 on: September 15, 2015, 11:30:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
like 5am?

about noon

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6260 on: September 15, 2015, 05:22:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
like 5am?
[close]

about noon

I just had this epiphany that I needed to be in compton

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #6261 on: October 18, 2015, 02:51:12 AM »
I have a mohawk and a face tattoo and plant to keep my hair like this until I'm real old. Yes, I'll be drunk/a mess with a mohawk well into my 50's riding my skateboard, probably with magnetic fucking USA made parts, down the fucking hill.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6262 on: November 10, 2015, 09:19:03 PM »
I'm watching the Tim Allen show "Last man standing"........ i kind of like it

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #6263 on: November 10, 2015, 09:21:55 PM »
I'm watching the Tim Allen show "Last man standing"........ i kind of like it
now that's just fucked up.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #6264 on: November 10, 2015, 11:25:27 PM »
I have a minor crush on my friend's girlfriend 

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #6265 on: November 12, 2015, 02:03:07 PM »

It happens!
just don't lose your friend or get caught up in a love triangle! Might not be worth it.

I crushed on someone who had a really polarizing personality once & who had couple people I knew feeling the same way about her (she also was a friends ex), until I realized I just bought into her shit too much (everything from the way she dressed/acted, all her stories/life experiences she'd win people over with). I realized she wasn't as great as she portrayed herself to be & while being seemingly endearing/caring, she ended up being someone who'd only look out after herself more than care about her friendships. 

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #6266 on: November 12, 2015, 09:07:18 PM »
While on the topic of crushes, I have a super big crush on one of my coworkers. She's very cute, has a good attitude/personality, and is just my type. However, I've been in a relationship for four and a half years and things have been a bit rocky with that lately. I have never wanted to cheat or get into dating coworkers, but this is an odd situation that has really piqued my interest. Going to play it by ear and see what happens.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #6267 on: November 12, 2015, 09:56:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It happens!
just don't lose your friend or get caught up in a love triangle! Might not be worth it.

I crushed on someone who had a really polarizing personality once & who had couple people I knew feeling the same way about her (she also was a friends ex), until I realized I just bought into her shit too much (everything from the way she dressed/acted, all her stories/life experiences she'd win people over with). I realized she wasn't as great as she portrayed herself to be & while being seemingly endearing/caring, she ended up being someone who'd only look out after herself more than care about her friendships.  

I hear you man it's tough I'm always hanging with both of them, and I guess it's just how easy she is to talk to & that she has a similar sense of humor and interests as me, I can see why my buddy is into her, I know there's no chance in hell of anything happening between us, I've known my friend for way too long he's like a brother to me, can't let a little crush fuck it up.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #6268 on: November 13, 2015, 12:42:52 PM »
After having the seemingly greatest sex of my life so far old girl told me she really dug me, couple months later and that shit never panned out how i wanted, think I was more stoked on the thought of it then what it really wouldve been. the day after we fucked she told me she had a boyfriend. even though i thought there was a real connection , I didnt want her to throw her relationship away just because I can lay good pipe. We talked for a while after that but theyre still together. On top of her being my friends ex and living like an hour a way I've finally given up on the whole situation and to be honest it feels so good.
Tldr A succubus tried to take my skate energy 

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #6269 on: November 23, 2015, 10:10:58 PM »
I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic (always have been). Was feeling shitty, so I looked up one of my old last "true" crushes from a long time ago (partly I was curious & just wanted to remember) & found out she no longer lives in the area. She relocated to Quebec for some type of writing position for a production company. I'm a bit selfish about it & it kind of broke my heart. I regret never trying to strike-up more of a friendship with her (to the extent of hanging out and knowing each other deeper). I was way too shy to even dare to, during that window of time I met her (even though it would have been worth it).

Its just that it was one of those rare cases where you meet someone and they just feel like a kindred spirit. Almost an instant kind of familiarity, where everything that the person says/does or seems to think, just clicks with you on a level never before experienced from others. I didn't make myself like her at all, nor did I get swept up in her image or anything superficial, like I have with others before.

I feel lame admitting all this, cause its common consciousness to take risks and not let opportunities slip through your fingers, especially with love. It just feels like my loss & although I've let go of it through time, that weight hasn't really hit me until now, cause the hope of maybe meeting her again (or making attempts) is lessened now.
Damn, lesson learned! :(